Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Wildcard game - Browns @Texans

I don't know if we'll win but I think Stroud walks off the field with a lead.
Wow! That can be everything from a three touchdown lead in the first quarter to getting knocked out of the game early and having the lead. Can't you offer a prediction a little bit more comforting to me? I guess I should be happy that you did not predict that he would leave the game with a limp.

Wow! That can be everything from a three touchdown lead in the first quarter to getting knocked out of the game early and having the lead. Can't you offer a prediction a little bit more comforting to me? I guess I should be happy that you did not predict that he would leave the game with a limp.
It could also mean the closing minute/minutes of the game after a TD drive.

I was unlucky enough to be in Baltimore at the game on January 15, 2012 when Joe Flacco and the Ravens beat us in the divisional round 20 to 13. Flacco is a fellow Blue Hen but we can't let him do us dirty again. Then we had Yates. This time we have home field and Stroud. Go TEXANS!

Some on the Browns are too, including Amari Cooper - has some kind of foot injury, heel I think.
You are correct. I am thinking that a heel injury would be something hard to play on very well. Hopefully he will not have another successful outing against us. It will be interesting to see if demeco has sting covering Coop more then the last game.

I was unlucky enough to be in Baltimore at the game on January 15, 2012 when Joe Flacco and the Ravens beat us in the divisional round 20 to 13. Flacco is a fellow Blue Hen but we can't let him do us dirty again. Then we had Yates. This time we have home field and Stroud. Go TEXANS!

Yes, the Jacoby Jones game. I had just run the half marathon downtown that morning and was laying in bed from running the last 8 miles with an injured foot. The Texans defense was outstanding. That fumble at the Texans 5 yard line was a killer

Today's injury report.

Jerry Hughes.......DE..Ankle.....OUT

Will Anderson......DE..Ankle.....QUESTIONABLE
Noah Brown.........WR..Back......QUESTIONABLE
Maliek Collins.....DT..Hip.......QUESTIONABLE
Jonathan Greenard..DE..Ankle.....QUESTIONABLE
Sheldon Rankins....DT..Shoulder..QUESTIONABLE
Robert Woods.......WR..Hip.......QUESTIONABLE
Andrew Beck........FB..Calf......QUESTIONABLE

Browns may be #1 on defense in yards allowed but they’re 13th in scoring defense and dead last in the NFL in red zone defense. They’ve given up 26 or more points 8 times this season. They can be had.

Browns only had 54 yards rushing on 30 attempts on Christmas Eve. That’s 1.8 YPC. They just can’t let Flacco and Cooper go off on them like they did last game.

That and the Texans having 7 out there as opposed to not having him last time, I like the Texans chances.

Y’all can tell me to put down the kool aid if you want. But I just don’t see a DeMeco defense getting embarrassed twice at home. Especially with the horses they have returning that weren’t in the first matchup.

I think DeMeco makes a statement here. Probably dials up some pressure early and has Flacco seeing ghosts before halftime.

BTW, Texans’ fans. Want to know a dirty little secret about the Browns? They’re a below-average team on the road:

BROWNS (2023 SEASON)
HOME ROAD
W-L
8-1 3-5
Opp PPG
13.9. 29.6
Opp YPG
215.9. 331.3
Yards per play
3.7. 5.5

Want more? Joe Flacco has thrown at least one interception in every game he’s played for the Browns.

Don’t be surprised if the Texans have an easier time with the Browns than the so-called “experts” believe.

Last edited:
Browns defense at home: 3.69 yards per Down
Browns defense on the road: 5.54 yards per Down
Browns road rank stretched to a full season: 28th in the league

Browns home scoring defense: 13.9 ppg
Browns away scoring defense: 29 ppg
Browns road rank stretched to a full season: 29th in the league

We need to stop pretending that the 85 Bears/ 2000 Ravens are coming to NRG to face CJ Stroud.

We need to stop pretending that the 85 Bears/ 2000 Ravens are coming to NRG to face CJ Stroud.
I'm just having a hard time remembering the last time the Texans scored more than 26 points. I'm thinking we're going to have to be in that range to win.

The first 9 games the Texans averaged 24 PPG. The last 8 they averaged 20 PPG. I suspect (without verifying) that this has a lot to do with our receivers & offensive line getting nicked up & teams getting film on Stroud.

39 points against the Buccaneers
37 points against the Jaguars
30 points against the Bengals
26 points against the Titans
Those first three games were before Oct 1... that's a long time ago. That's why it's hard for an old fogie like me to remember.

The last game doesn't qualify, I specifically said more than 26

Back