Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Wildcard game - Browns @Texans

I heard one of the talking heads mention that the Browns fans travel well and they would be in force at NRG. I sure hope that is not the case
John and Lance were talking this morning about the number of tickets available. They were saying, "It's only $400 for a lower bowl seat," like any of us can just drop that much on a game.

It appears that a lot of NRG seats are owned by brokers, so maybe so called "home field advantage " is slowly becoming a thing of the past. That's too bad, if so.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

All I know is don't let Amari Cooper pull the game of his ******* life out of his ass again.

See if you can't use the pass to set up the run. Use backs as pass catchers. Dual or even triple tight end stuff. Anything to relieve the pressure and set them up for big gashes.

All I know is don't let Amari Cooper pull the game of his ******* life out of his ass again.

See if you can't use the pass to set up the run. Use backs as pass catchers. Dual or even triple tight end stuff. Anything to relieve the pressure and set them up for big gashes.
You know Browns will try to take away our best weapon (Nico), so we must do the same (Cooper).

Actually people came down to Houston in the 80s from all over the midwest: I personally came from the KCMO area - Houston was a powerful economic magnet for so many of us.
Houston was a very friendly town before Shell moved it's HQ there in 1971 and brought so many people down from NY

My grandfather was one of the very first people hired at NASA so when NASA relocated from Virginia to Houston. He was one of the very first people to land here. Like the first 100 people.

:)

Houston was by far the fastest growing city in the country from the 70’s to the 80’s.
My uncle worked at NASA during the moon shots back then

Houston was a very friendly town before Shell moved it's HQ there in 1971 and brought so many people down from NY
We all came down here to work in the Petro industry but frankly I don't recall anyone from NY moving down here, but gobs of midwesterners, and BTW Shell has always been and to this day is a Euro-based corporation.

Lots of my Browns friends that I met there years back will be there. They travel well. These folks are actually the nice Cleveland fans we met when we were there. Have tailgated with them several times since.

Reactions: JB
Abandoning the run is not a winning formula and it might get CJ killed. Not saying we play the 3 yards and a cloud of dust style game either. We need a well balanced GP - yes that means some runs up the gut on first down...mixed in with PA, toss sweeps, end arounds, outside zone, et al. Mix it up, keep them off balance as much as possible...but keep feeding Devon the rock even if it's not working that well. You can't let the Browns know what's coming very often and expect CJ to make it out of the game in one piece.

Browns have arguably the best secondary in the NFL and you guys want to just forget about the run and let CJ sling it 50 times? Bad idea guys. Bad, bad idea!

Unless the Texans fall behind by more than 2 scores, you keep it balanced and try to run that rock.
Good in theory but when you're constantly in 2nd and 3rd and long, that could get CJ just as killed.

Singletary averaged 4.9 YPC against the Browns. The problem was he just ran it 9 times. Hell, the Texans only had 16 rushing plays the whole game with just 4 in the 2nd half. So you're right about giving the run game a chance. Just can't fall behind big like they did last time.

BTW Shell has always been and to this day is a Euro-based corporation.
Their American headquarters were in NY until 1971 then they moved to Houston into One Shell Plaza and over 2000 NY'ers moved here in the first month.
Shell USA, Inc.
(formerly Shell Oil Company, Inc.) is the United States-based wholly owned subsidiary of Shell plc, a UK-based transnational corporation "oil major" which is amongst the largest oil companies in the world. Approximately 18,000 Shell employees are based in the U.S. Its U.S. headquarters are in Houston, Texas. Shell USA, including its consolidated companies and its share in equity companies, is one of America's largest oil and natural gas producers, natural gas marketers, fuel marketers and petrochemical manufacturers.
link

Ok I’ll play along. If what you state is true how many people would have relocated from NY to Houston? Let’s say 2,000 for argument sake. Please tell me how 2,000 people from NY would change the friendliness of Houston, lol, smh.

Ok I’ll play along. If what you state is true how many people would have relocated from NY to Houston? Let’s say 2,000 for argument sake. Please tell me how 2,000 people from NY would change the friendliness of Houston, lol, smh.

I mean, unless they were all single I imagine there was an influx of families. That impacted neighborhoods, churches and schools, not just the workplace. At that time Houston area was only about 1.5 million people. Not the 7 million people we have today.

Their American headquarters were in NY until 1971 then they moved to Houston into One Shell Plaza and over 2000 NY'ers moved here in the first month.

link
American headquarters, OK whatever because when someone says headquarters I assume they are talking about corporate headquarters which is where the "big boys" make all of the important
Corporate decisions.

I mean, unless they were all single I imagine there was an influx of families. That impacted neighborhoods, churches and schools, not just the workplace. At that time Houston area was only about 1.5 million people. Not the 7 million people we have today.
Still, with 1.5MM people 2,000 is about 0.001 percent of the population. Those 2,000 transfers would have to be monumental assholes to pull that off. BTW being a career O&G guy I’d say only a fraction of those 2,000 folks would have been from NY. They are from all over the world.

Still, with 1.5MM people 2,000 is about 0.001 percent of the population. Those 2,000 transfers would have to be monumental assholes to pull that off. BTW being a career O&G guy I’d say only a fraction of those 2,000 folks would have been from NY. They are from all over the world.
You missed the 'in the first month' part of my statement

Yes, and Houston in 1971 wasn't exactly diverse. In the end it was a lot of people "not from here". Which was the entire point.

Reactions: JB
I can remember going to a large public pool in the early 60's .... I want to say it was the Playland Park pool but that might be incorrect. Anyhow, if you went there enough times, you would start seeing the same people from different parts of Houston. So, it had kind of a small town feel. Houston has always had a small town vibe to it and probably had it longer than it should have.

Not anymore. Probably people from every country in the world living here now.

My parents used to drop me off at Colt .45 Stadium to watch the ball game and then pick me up afterwards. The Astrodome was under construction at the time....

So, it had kind of a small town feel. Houston has always had a small town vibe to it and probably had it longer than it should have.
That was the point I was trying to make. The expansion from town to big city started with the Shell relocation

Deep breath.....

Texans don't stand a chance... we are doomed.... doomed I say... no chance...... none zip, zero zilch and other synonymous words with nothingness..... the scoreboard will be a dark, hopeless void... and stuff.
Browns by 24 or more! CJ will throw 3 picks! The Browns defense will break an NFL playoff record in regards to sacks in a playoff game! Flacco will throw 2 ints but still break a playoff passing yardage record in the game, and the running game of the Browns will start out hot and account for 200+ yards! The upcoming game will never be close. Browns by a cakewalk!!!

Last edited:
Ha. I remember him. That’s the same guy from the 2nd Jacksonville game at NRG who just happens to be from Jacksonville.

I hope he ain’t bitter that’s it’s the Texans and not Jacksonville in the playoffs.
He was born in Florida but grew up in Tulsa

Why? Female refs mess up as well as the male refs.
No doubt they do. Let alone the physical differences in our bodies and strength.

Let me try to reframe my comments a little better as this has been a topic around the house in recent times. Also on FB. I think it’s interesting,

*shrugs*

Anyway… Don’t get me wrong…I -am- all for female referees. They are literally everywhere now. It seems like a lot of tokenism for me considering how many of them popped up so quickly.

Just as long as they get the job on their own merit… not gender.

I guess I’m just still adjusting to seeing Marla Maples with a Betty Cooper ponytail throwing yellow flags on my TV screen. Don’t worry, I’m fine with them there if they were to be. I’m just saying I’m glad they’re not for our game.

One of the Browns’ best defensive players is returning from injured reserve.
Safety Grant Delpit was officially designated to return by the Browns today. That doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll be active for Saturday’s game against the Texans, but it’s a positive sign.

Link

It seems to me that Browns have pushed all their chips in on Joe Flacco.
Yeah, they do have a good D, but Joe is a statue so if you can get some pressure on him, I think you can negate him.
The D, you have to scheme around it.
In case you missed it.

It seems to me that Browns have pushed all their chips in on Joe Flacco.
Yeah, they do have a good D, but Joe is a statue so if you can get some pressure on him, I think you can negate him.
The D, you have to scheme around it.

I think the Bears did the best job on him with 4 sacks and 3 INTs, but he still threw for 375 yards and got the win. No one else has come close.

If the Texans D can do that, I think the Texans offense can capitalize where the Bears could not.

Back