Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who would you rather play?

Who would we rather play?

• Total voters
Funny... Except, Flacco was in his 5th year when he won (for reference, this is LJs 6th year, so you do have a solid point), never won MVP and etc etc

Screen Shot 2024-01-16 at 8.10.47 AM.png

In the playoffs LJ has 3 TD's to 5 picks is that right? Not his brightest stage. Jackson is a great QB. No doubt about it but he hasn't done it yet in the post season which makes him look to me at least like he's got a step to take. The hype* around him is powerful but part of the reason Baltimore was playing chicken with him over that contract was that it hasn't quite been entirely justified. Maybe this year that changes. The Ravens are deservedly picked to win. Doesn't mean it will happen necessarily. Each of those three years the stats get better but the TD% goes down. Also interceptions went up too. It's not that I don't think the Ravens can win. Obviously they can and are favored to. It's that I think the Texans will match up better to these Ravens than many think. The stage gets bigger and CJ just keeps getting better. It's a kinda magic.

*Please, don't think I'm saying he's all hype. We all know he's not. I think we can safely say that every good player has a certain amount of hype around them. CJ is a hype monster right now on top of being amazing. All kinds of clowns coming out of the woodwork making insane claims about how he's going to alter the angle of the earth while changing the game of football... It's for clicks so no worries)

I'm just busting y'all's chops. You guys win and I'll be the happiest non-primary Texans fan out there (non-primary, made up word by myself to mean that your team is one of my favorites, but not THE favorite)

I think it’s great to have a little smack talk with other teams. As long as no one starts attacking the poster or take things personal because their existence is built around their NFL team.

And that’s why we don’t have any Cowboys fans ever visit and stay.

I'm just hoping our defense can get some stops early so the game doesn't get out of hand. I don't know that we can come back from a 2 score deficit against the Ravens defense.

It would be tough enough to do here. Up there it seems like too much to ask too soon. We need to stay in it and not get down early like you say. At least stay in it to the half. If it doesn't get out of reach I think it favors the Texans but against Baltimore they will have to go all-out for four quarters.

If they dont turn the ball over and somewhat keep LJ in check they will have a chance to win this game. I'm thinking 1st team to 30 wins. Stroud will have to pull this game out late.

I would put my fastest LB as a spy on LJ. (Harris) Also I'm thinking that the DT rotation of Rankins/Collins/Tartt/Hinish are going to have to come up big this game as well as the LB's in coverage against the TE's and RB's coming out of the backfield. It's a tall task but the Texans defense is fairly healthy and playing much better than they were at the beginning of the season. Perryman worries me this game.

Last edited:
View attachment 13485

In the playoffs LJ has 3 TD's to 5 picks is that right? Not his brightest stage. Jackson is a great QB. No doubt about it but he hasn't done it yet in the post season which makes him look to me at least like he's got a step to take. The hype* around him is powerful but part of the reason Baltimore was playing chicken with him over that contract was that it hasn't quite been entirely justified. Maybe this year that changes. The Ravens are deservedly picked to win. Doesn't mean it will happen necessarily. Each of those three years the stats get better but the TD% goes down. Also interceptions went up too. It's not that I don't think the Ravens can win. Obviously they can and are favored to. It's that I think the Texans will match up better to these Ravens than many think. The stage gets bigger and CJ just keeps getting better. It's a kinda magic.

*Please, don't think I'm saying he's all hype. We all know he's not. I think we can safely say that every good player has a certain amount of hype around them. CJ is a hype monster right now on top of being amazing. All kinds of clowns coming out of the woodwork making insane claims about how he's going to alter the angle of the earth while changing the game of football... It's for clicks so no worries)

Here’s the thing about Lamar and the playoffs. Up until this season, the Ravens OC was Greg Roman. A helluva OC for running the ball. In 2019, the Ravens rushed for 3,296 yds, of which 1,206 were from Lamar. Even though he threw for 3,127 yards with 36 TD’s and 6 INT’s, that offense was built around running the ball. Wide receivers? Three of the top 5 receivers were TE’s, not WR’s. The top WR was Hollywood Brown with 584 yards, followed by Willie Snead with 339. Jackson’s offense in 2023 is nothing like 2019.

This year, three of the top 5 receivers are WR’s. Monken is not Roman. Even though the Ravens still have an excellent rushing attack, the ball is getting spread around.

This is not to say Jackson is guaranteed to win. I’m just saying this offense is not the 2019 version, where the Titans took away Jackson’s ability to run the ball and that was that.

Here’s the thing about Lamar and the playoffs. Up until this season, the Ravens OC was Greg Roman. A helluva OC for running the ball. In 2019, the Ravens rushed for 3,296 yds, of which 1,206 were from Lamar. Even though he threw for 3,127 yards with 36 TD’s and 6 INT’s, that offense was built around running the ball. Wide receivers? Three of the top 5 receivers were TE’s, not WR’s. The top WR was Hollywood Brown with 584 yards, followed by Willie Snead with 339. Jackson’s offense in 2023 is nothing like 2019.

This year, three of the top 5 receivers are WR’s. Monken is not Roman. Even though the Ravens still have an excellent rushing attack, the ball is getting spread around.

This is not to say Jackson is guaranteed to win. I’m just saying this offense is not the 2019 version, where the Titans took away Jackson’s ability to run the ball and that was that.

Daggone, where did you come from lol? Another Ravens fan on here? Hello brother

Daggone, where did you come from lol? Another Ravens fan on here? Hello brother
Are y'all from RussellStreetReport?

This one is going to be a battle. I think the NFL’s gonna let us both play because Goodell has Swift on the payroll. Whoever plays the Chiefs will be at a disadvantage as a result. They’ll be focused on those billions rather than our little game.

As for the exorcising of “demons”… I could care less where we play. Buffalo? KC? All I want is the Super Bowl. One week at a time. On Saturday… it’s the Ravens. Then the cards are going to fall where they lie. If demons get exorcised along the way… then cool. We have plenty of them to do.

LFG, Texans!

Are y'all from RussellStreetReport?

No. I rarely, if ever, post on Ravens sites. I think you get more realistic feedback (most of the time) from other team’s sites. I post a lot on a Steelers forum. There may be a fierce rivalry there, but most Steelers fans pull no punches blasting their own team when warranted lol. This site is a lot like that.

Bengals? They will actively ban posters from any other teams, no matter how polite you are. Definitely an inferiority conplex with those folks!

Lol, I have to hear this one. What's the scoop
It was great! Several people here were trolled by somebody and their cousin. Even some of the mods bought into it. Definitely an epic thread.

To be fair to those who got “sucked into” that stupidity… it was a tough time to be a Texans fan. Right before Watson exploded.

No. I rarely, if ever, post on Ravens sites. I think you get more realistic feedback (most of the time) from other team’s sites. I post a lot on a Steelers forum. There may be a fierce rivalry there, but most Steelers fans pull no punches blasting their own team when warranted lol. This site is a lot like that.

Bengals? They will actively ban posters from any other teams, no matter how polite you are. Definitely an inferiority conplex with those folks!
Steelers Depot?

Back