The Texans currently have 7 CBs on the roster:
Stingley
Okudah
King
Mike Ford
Ka'Dar Hollman
D'Angelo Ross
Tony Pride

It's safe to assume they will add to this group, and probably within the 1st 3 rounds. I think every CB in the draft not named Quinyon Mitchell and Terrion Arnold will be available to the Texans at some point in the draft. Could be a 25% chance that the Texans take a CB with their 1st pick, wherever that might be.
I could see Caserio bringing back Nelson and bringing home Diggs in FA as well as drafting a CB in rd 3 or 4 if he doesn't pick a CB at1-23. A lot of this depends on what happens in the rest of FA.

I was going to do a post FA/Combine mock, but I want to see how Caserio finishes up FA before I do a new mock.

I could see Caserio bringing back Nelson and bringing home Diggs in FA as well as drafting a CB in rd 3 or 4 if he doesn't pick a CB at1-23. A lot of this depends on what happens in the rest of FA.

I was going to do a post FA/Combine mock, but I want to see how Caserio finishes up FA before I do a new mock.
Ugh, so many wants not enough picks.
Needs DT, RT, CB, WR, RB, TE

Would like:
DT- B. Murphy early, Fiske or Sweat later
RT- Guyton
CB- Q. Mitchell, Arnold or Kool-Aid
WR- Thomas early, Leggette late, several in between...WR is deep this year
RB- Brooks, Blake C., J. Wright
TE- Bowers will be long gone, late you could have Mayer, Loveland, Theo Johnson

Last edited:
I'm starting to get the feeling that Nick values the 5th year option way more on certain positions, at this point I'm think CB or OT for the first round. DT and WR addressed later.

They have painted themselves into a box. I was hoping the team could be position agnostic to a large degree in those early rounds. With the bass ackwards trajectory they put DT into with multiple unforced errors…they have to go DT in round one or two…more likely round 1. Robinson or Newton. Someone like Sweat in round two if they go corner in round 1.

So it's 42, 188, and a 2025 RD2. By the way....the Texans got a 2025 RD2 that will be the value of a RD2 pick in 2025. Caserio has a bargaining chip or chips to make a move if need be. Riveting!!!!

I get the need for early picks in future drafts with Nick only doing 2yr deals, but with the talent at the top of this draft...I dont know how I feel about trading out of the 1st round completely...especially with the needs and holes we currently have.

Back