Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who else thinks the Texans are going to crash and burn in 2015

My problem is that I am not content with mediocrity.
The mantra presupposes that you are in touch with reality. I'm not so sure.

There are thirty-two teams. The median team is sitting at home. The mode is sitting at home. The mean is 8-8 and sitting at home.

The reality is that we are above average by ALL MEASURES of average. Now if you want an above average playoff team, you can talk and have a valid point.

You started a thread touting Hoyer as a good QB. That is delusional. Great, we made the playoffs. I want us to be legit Super Bowl contenders. We aren't close. Can we possibly win the Wild Card round. Yes. I just want a franchise QB and have a real offense.

You started a thread touting Hoyer as a good QB. That is delusional. Great, we made the playoffs. I want us to be legit Super Bowl contenders. We aren't close. Can we possibly win the Wild Card round. Yes. I just want a franchise QB and have a real offense.
Just substitute ELITE for good and I think we'll be on the same page. Your scale is just off a bit.

Less than half of all pro QBs are starters, so just about all the starters and a very few backups are good. Now changing the scale to STARTING QBs makes a difference and I never claimed he was more than an average STARTER. But he IS a good QB.

So making the playoffs and winning a division title is considered mediocre to you?

Not to me...as a team it's not mediocre, but OB did sidle us with a slew of mediocre QBs, hasn't he? I hope it doesn't happen, but I feel it could bite us hard next year.

But anyway, I'm thrilled with where we are in the playoffs. We didn't back into it, and the whole Texans organization honestly and truly deserve this because of their hard work. I'll always remember those '93 Oilers. If only we had a Warren Moon on team.

I want this team to go all the way. It could happen.

07-BigLebowskiDance.gif

Without Foster this team went 9-7. Does it mean we are a SB contender? No. But it looks like we can spend a lot of resources fixing the offense this offseason.

You started a thread saying this team is a dumpster fire. What moves should be done?

The defensive turnaround was amazing. They were garbage first half, and second half were one of the best. Going into the playoffs with great momentum on that side of the ball. Offense still lacks that cohesion. The wildcat formations always throw off the rhythm they may be establishing.

Play great D and run the **** out of the ball are keys to playoff success. Is this team hitting its peak at precisely the right time? We'll see.

QFT

We really don't know how good they can be. Today, we saw them take it to another level (against a really bad Jacksonville team). This is what we all would like to see going into the play offs. The team on an upward swing.

Granted we'd like to be a lot higher on the arc, but... beggars & choosers & all that.

Enjoy the ride while it lasts guys.

Hey, I'm with you. I don't like Hoyer and he's part of glaring problems on offense up until this point. That doesn't mean, however, that Hoyer can't play above his head and pull a unicorn out of his ass.

Say... that reminds me, my hatred of Bryan Hoyer stems from the way he's played in the past without a decent run game & dominating defense. The way he played after the Texans waxed that asz last season. Before that, when ha had a decent team around him, he played pretty well.

We don't have the kind of dominating run game we had when Arian had 14 rushing TDs, but you can count on it for 120 a game. & our defense is playing like a "greatest of all time" caliber defense.

Maybe Hoyer will make us all proud here in the next few weeks.

We were incredibly lucky that the Colts crashed and burned just slightly more than we did..

Its the NFL. Their centerpiece crumbled (and it happened before he got hurt). Our centerpiece got hurt (on offense) and we found a way to win 9 games in spite of that. Its not perfect but its a lot better than 2013 when there was talk of a Super Bowl and we win 2 games. And I really don't feel sorry for the colts. After a decade of 18 they have one bad year and get Luck?

There are thirty-two teams. The median team is sitting at home. The mode is sitting at home. The mean is 8-8 and sitting at home.

The reality is that we are above average by ALL MEASURES of average. Now if you want an above average playoff team, you can talk and have a valid point.

The Texans took advantage of a crappy schedule down the stretch. Give them credit for turning this thing around, but they won't last long in the playoffs.

The Texans took advantage of a crappy schedule down the stretch. Give them credit for turning this thing around, but they won't last long in the playoffs.

What people fail to realize is that the NFL mostly has "bad teams". Only 13 teams in the league has winning records. Therefore, over a 9-10 game span, it's going to comprise mostly of bad-mediocre teams. The Texans did have quality wins over the Bengals and Jets. And the Saints aren't a very good team, but it was impressive how they shutdown one of the best offenses in the league. Take a look at the Chiefs schedule during their 10 game winning streak. The Bills (in KC) was probably their most impressive win.

I mean we did go 7-2, beating the Bengals, Jets, and Colts in their House. We got it done when we needed to.

Don't forget the Saints. I know they weren't a very good team this year, but they had one of this year's best offenses & we held them to 6 points. First time in 45 games they did not score a TD. They averaged 403 yards per game, we gave only gave up 268 yards.

There was nothing easy about our schedule "down the stretch." No "backing in" to the play offs here.

We were incredibly lucky that the Colts crashed and burned just slightly more than we did..

Who cares? Look, I get that long term this organization has some mountains to climb. And even what they've got left to do this season will be difficult because those mountains are there.

Despite that though, the task at hand is that season 2 has started where every team is 0-0 and we're one of the teams that made it. A team with a defense that's probably the best in the business the last half of the season. A defense that hasn't allowed a TD in 5 of the last 9 games they've played. And 2 of those games were against a couple of the top offenses in the game.

You think the Texans are the only team with problems? The Patriots have lost 4 of their last 6, have no receivers, no o-line and now have Brady hobbling around. Cincy is 4-4 in their last 8 with QB issues. Denver is struggling with QB issues. KC hasn't played a team with a winning record since mid November and are 3-4 against such teams.

I don't see any team in the AFC that can't be beat by any other team in it. They all have problems.

Didn't people write off the steelers the one year they began in the WC, and were the road team every game and won a SB?
Both the Giants Super Bowl seasons, 10-6 2007 and 9-7 2011 weren't great regular season records as well.

Ruined their draft seeding by sneaking into the playoffs both years.

This season was a waste, I hate where we are with such awful QB play. I don't trust BOB, Rick or Godsey to get this right. Don't want them picking our new QB in the draft in the draft.

The Texans are a fraud. We beat up on crappy teams in the worst division in the NFL and got exposed in the playoffs.

Just like how the colts used to do it.

Amirite?

your right exactly how the colts did it for the last 3 years and to a extent even in the manning era WELL dammit WE need to be the ones who beat crappy teams and go to the playoffs every year SCREW COLTS SCREW JAGS AND SCREWWWW TITANS !!!

Rather than a playoff team, we need to think of the 2015 Texans as the least bad AFC South team.

Record outside AFC south was 4-6 (40% win rate) which translates to a 6-10 record over a full season. That sums us up better I think.

We've got a few very good players, but we're far from being a good team.

Man that was embarrassing, and it's going to take some time to wash the taste of that game out of my mouth. That said, this season wasn't anything even close to resembling a crash and burn season. I would even say it was fairly entertaining all things considered. I predicted 8-8 and they exceeded that. I got to see inside the Texans with Hard Knocks and a post season appearance, so that is bonus coverage.

This kind of season, while not what anyone is hoping for, is far better than 2-14 no matter how you look at it. If it rids us of Brian Hoyer and finally lands us an early round QB prospect, I will be happy. If we had won this game, it's a safe bet Hoyer would have been brought back next season. I don't see any way that can happen now, and in my view. That alone makes this crushing defeat well worth it.

I commend all you guys who can find the positives in ending the season as laughingstocks with no clear leadership or direction.

I commend all you guys who can find the positives in ending the season as laughingstocks with no clear leadership or direction.

Commend us to where??? Laughing at a game makes more sense than crying about one

Commend us to where??? Laughing at a game makes more sense than crying about one

Not really. It would be disingenuous (first definintion for this one too) to show so much passion just a day or so ago, then to downplay the level of hurt. Laughing is really an insecure form of showing some stress which is how some people vent. I'd rather just continue being grumpy.

Not really. It would be disingenuous (first definintion for this one too) to show so much passion just a day or so ago, then to downplay the level of hurt. Laughing is really an insecure form of showing some stress which is how some people vent. I'd rather just continue being grumpy.

That's not really healthy Rico. That's how mass shootings happen. JB's approach is much more sensible.

Back