Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Who else thinks the Texans are going to crash and burn in 2015

I'm ready for the pink soap guys..

Buy now while supplies last.

images

Trade Watt. Seriously...

At this point we are wasting his greatness and imagine the picks in return we could get.
If they could get a minimum of 3 first rd picks for him I' all in. On second thought the Texans would screw up those 3 first rd picks, so no, keep him. It's the only thing the Texans fans have going in their favor for the next 8- 10 years. He's the only reason I want to watch Texans games.

I don't have high hopes for the season. We just don't have enough play makers on offense. Hopkins is a beast but be can't do it alone. Foster will be back but I doubt he can go the rest of the way without aggravating another one of his injuries. Our O-line is full of issues as well. If we miss the playoffs I would rather have a top 5 pick in the draft rather than middle of the pack like we did last year.
I will always have high hopes for my home team. I've been a fa ever since I it was announced we were getting a team, I'm old school from the "Love You Blue" days. I feel you on the O-line we've struggled there for years but I'm think we simply need a great QB. Hoyerhttp:// did really good in the 4th today but playing musical QB's won't get the job done we need a leader. Nothing against Mallett but I think he's thrown the ball to hard it's bounced off the players chest far too often. We also need a good punt return guy. Why please tell me did they let Brooks Reid go what did they get out of that? It's time to poney up the cash and bring a great QB in to try and get the job done. But we have what we have and I'm for Hoyer in this one. I am a forever fan not a fair weather can. Nope we prepare for Thursday

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

With all due respect........

That's idiotic.

Why? Dallas built a team that won 3 Super Bowls on one trade. A DE is NOT winning us anything alone. As great as he is it is just a fact

3 #1's for Watt? HA no. We could get a minimum of 4 with a ton of 2-4th round picks thrown in.

I haven't watched the game but some questions

Is Wilfork getting single blocked on most plays ..???? same with clowney ..????

and im pretty sure ryan knew were to go with the ball and got the bal out quick but the ONE NEG that getting the ball out wuick is the big play should not be there and also it gives are secondary should only have to cover the first 6 yards ..???? but IDK seems like our secondary cant handle the quick pass

I don't know where you are getting 7 wins from. I've yet to see anything to make me believe the 2015 Texans have what it takes to win 7 games.

However, I don't see many 7+ win teams on our schedule. I wouldn't be surprised with anything from 4 to 10 wins.

I did like the talent on our team before learning Hoyer was going to start, before learning Foster will miss 4games minimum. So there's hope OB can do the Patriot thing & coach the players we do have & not the players he wishes we had.
I didn't disagree with either TF or TK, but for different reasons.

No, I don't think having both Hoyer and Mallett is a good thing.

I never wanted Fitz and I didn't think Mallett can become a decent NFL starter (even though I always acknowledged that he has the tool.)
I'm with bah007 on this one.

In a different thread, I had stated my opinion that it would be a good sign if the Texans started 2-2.

However, I also thought that winning in Atlanta isn't going to be easy.

More or less, I expected that 1-3 is in the card, no matter who starts at QB.

It's not that I think highly of Hoyer, but he's more consistent, a Schaub lite (not quite Schaub in 2009).

A decent Schaub in 2009 had reliable weapons in AJ and Walter (still at the top of his game) and a deep threat in Jacoby Jones.
The duo of OD and Dreessen playing part-time is still better than whatever we have at TE this year.
The running game wasn't much, but the RBs were good catching the ball out of the backfield.
The play action helped negated the poor running game somewhat.
Schaub threw 17 Ints that year.

The line did have some problem when Briesel went down, but it was pretty deep because the other guys had been in the system for awhile.

More importantly, the tackles Brown and Winston were healthy.
They can handle their men one-on-one for the most part so that the OC can scheme for the interior guys to help one another in pass pro.

Also, the play action helped the protection scheme.

This year, with Myers gone and Brown injured, the line isn't the same.
They had no depth to begin with.
Newton is no Winston.

Both defenses are middle of the pack.

The return game and coverage is much worse this year.
Kris Brown looks like a buy over any kicker the Texans trots out this year.

The only way one can hope for a winning record is for the Texans to minimize or get lucky on the injury; but that went south early.

The hope for the ST to be above average and for the D to be top 5 also went down the drain.

And the coaches; they all need to be fired on the spot.

With the injury of Brown, it's hard to imagine a winning season already.
Now, they are dropping like flies.

The only hope to win some games is for the other teams to be nagged by injury just the same.

I haven't watched the game but some questions

Is Wilfork getting single blocked on most plays ..???? same with clowney ..????

and im pretty sure ryan knew were to go with the ball and got the bal out quick but the ONE NEG that getting the ball out wuick is the big play should not be there and also it gives are secondary should only have to cover the first 6 yards ..???? but IDK seems like our secondary cant handle the quick pass

I saw on two plays I specifically remember Wilfork actually getting doubled. Now, it might have just been that the Falcons OL was trying to mix it up a bit because they got bored or maybe they made a mistake and thought JJ was behind Wilfork but on those two plays he actually pulled a double team.

Not saying he was blocked like that all day long or even more than twice (or even on purpose). Just that I saw it happen two times.

I'm not apologizing to anybody, least of all this guy. This is his weekly chance to jerk it and he's not going to miss an opportunity.

I can totally understand and respect that. Keep in mind that I was referring only to the content of the original post, not taking into consideration any of his previous actions or posts.
Regardless of anybody's opinion of the person, I think the original post was sadly right on the money, and recent evidence supports it overwhelmingly.

I don't know about anyone else, but the travesty I saw on the field in Atlanta yesterday is a strong case that the Texans might be the worst team in the league.
I'm not sure I remember a Texans team more ill-prepared to play a football game. I think a case could be made for firing O'Brien as soon as today. And Rick Smith along with most of the scouting department.
And have been a strong supporter of O'Brien's since he was candidate for the job. I am completely disgusted.

I don't know about anyone else, but the travesty I saw on the field in Atlanta yesterday is a strong case that the Texans might be the worst team in the league.
I'm not sure I remember a Texans team more ill-prepared to play a football game. I think a case could be made for firing O'Brien as soon as today. And Rick Smith along with most of the scouting department.
And have been a strong supporter of O'Brien's since he was candidate for the job. I am completely disgusted.

I don't agree with that. They beat the Bucs, so...

I'm not advocating it as much as just agreeing with you about it being possible to make a case for it. I could completely see why an owner would do that. I think it's too early to do that but I could see it happening in places around the league and if McNair just decides he's had enough of this crap one day I wouldn't feel like he had no reason to do it.

I'm not advocating it as much as just agreeing with you about it being possible to make a case for it. I could completely see why an owner would do that. I think it's too early to do that but I could see it happening in places around the league and if McNair just decides he's had enough of this crap one day I wouldn't feel like he had no reason to do it.

I'm not sure that I'm advocating it either, but seeing how unprepared they were just slapped me in the face. That made me feel like I had blinders on the entire time I was supporting O'Brien.
I'm probably over reacting to a degree, and acknowledge that, but man it looked like a clear case of coaching incompetence to me. Well, that combined with his self inflicted and mostly disastrous personnel decisions.

This is why, as a fan, you never trust any head coach until they've earned that trust. Period. Didn't Kubiak teach us anything? No benefit of the doubt. Zero! They are here to entertain us and bring us a Superb Owl trophy.

Until that moment, don't trust a horse with feathers who quacks like a duck. Chances are they are a mythological creature who has no part in your reality.

I hate the Texans. I had a great time watching the Astros and Coogs tonight. I didn't bother watching the abominable Texans. I will not spend my time watching that garbage until there has been a thorough housecleaning.

the new car smell has worn off.

it isn't 2002 anymore. houston isn't a city that's just happy to get a football franchise back anymore.

houston isn't some dumb football city. we know bad football when we see it. we know a poorly run franchise when we see it, and so far the texans are looking like one of the worst run franchises in the nfl.

this fanbase isn't going to stand of this any longer.

it isn't 2002 anymore. houston isn't a city that's just happy to get a football franchise back anymore.

houston isn't some dumb football city. we know bad football when we see it. we know a poorly run franchise when we see it, and so far the texans are looking like one of the worst run franchises in the nfl.

This franchise has lost so many games my give a **** is broken. I used to get upset and pumped up for games, now, meh.

The reality is that the world has many serious issues to get worked up and emotional about. Why make your entertainment medium one of those issues? Take a step back, get some fresh air, and live your life without living vicariously through something that is simply out of your control.

Taking my own advice.

Taking my own advice.

Taking my own advice.

Taking my own advice.

*deep breaths*

My apologies to OP. Your pessimism about 2015 was well placed. Change your name to Miss Cleo. :fortune:

meh your wrong im content and just gald we have NFL football and don't want to make BOB mad to were he leaves but hey that's just me there is a lot of people around here that have just lost hope its whatevers im Used to Losing

meh your wrong im content and just gald we have NFL football and don't want to make BOB mad to were he leaves but hey that's just me there is a lot of people around here that have just lost hope its whatevers im Used to Losing
that's how bob gets you.

trots out a mediocre team year after year and doesn't do anything to improve it because he knows that he has this lifetime gratitude for bringing football back to houston.

for me it's no point putting energy into a team that just does enough to make profit. if that's the way it's gonnabe then i'll just continue my typical pessimistic self and never believe in this team. :kitten:

The best thing about this season, so far, is that this year's draft looks promising: keg Johnson, strong, McKinney, mumphery, Covington... Unfortunately, every other decision made over the past three years looks awful.

hey at least our cap space is kinda getting a little better not were it needs to be but yeah we need toi liquidate Foster and Cushing right now slowly but surley all the kubes era players will be gone

there prob isn't one im just saying all the kubes era players have to go sometime or another they cant stay here forever yah know

No I don't know other than in the sense everyone dies. You don't get rid of players just to get rid of them.

The best thing about this season, so far, is that this year's draft looks promising: keg Johnson, strong, McKinney, mumphery, Covington... Unfortunately, every other decision made over the past three years looks awful.
Mckinney has looked good to you????? Maybe you're just assuming and haven't watched him. He sucks. So does Cushing. We have no ILBs worth a dam on this team.

I said after the TB game in another thread this looked like a 4-6 win team to me. I was wrong. They will never hit 6 wins, and I'm not sure they will win 4. I'm adjusting down to a 2-4 win team.

They couldn't beat a mediocre Colts team with a 40 yr old has been at home.

I think OB and RS screwed the pooch by not addressing the QB in last years draft. They could have had Bortles, Garrapalo, or TB. None are likely HOF'ers but any of those would be an upgrade on the hot garbage we have now and at least you have a direction and a young QB to try and build your team around. I'd fire the whole crew and burn this POS to the ground at this point. Since I know Bob won't do that, I'd at least expect Bob to demand that they address the QB position this offseason in a meaningful way.

Mckinney has looked good to you????? Maybe you're just assuming and haven't watched him. He sucks. So does Cushing. We have no ILBs worth a dam on this team.

The single biggest problem on defense.

I still have high hopes for McKinney, he's very talented and if anybody can help the light get turned on for McKinney it's Vrabel.

More productive than Mallett.

I'm sorry. Is that another OB era stand out player?

I think you're right. A few others are Louis Nix, XSF, Jalen Strong, Lonnie Ballentine... & I'm sure there are a few other OB era players that he doesn't trust to see the field.

Probably not the "stand out" that infantrycak was going for, but there seems to be a pattern forming. Which I believe was the point.

Tbo u haven't crashed and burned till u get 8,losses so nothing is offical yet and 8-8 may even win the south this year so u never know

Where are you getting that? Hoyer did an adequate job and that is better than what Mallet has done at any point this season. That was my only point.

The original request was to name an outstanding player that OB brought in.

He mentioned Hoyer, saying that he isn't really outstanding. You mentioned Mallett, saying he's even less outstanding. I'm just bringing it back to the original point. O'Brien hasn't brought in any outstanding players. The only outstanding players on this team were here before O'Brien got here, & that's after he dumped a few. Whether you're backing Hoyer or Mallett doesn't really change that fact.

An outstanding player that OB brought in?

Kevin Johnson

He's singularly the best DB we've ever drafted. He makes very few mistakes as a rookie...and yes, to an extent, the jury is still out, yet almost to a man who among us doesn't want to see him with more playing time?

He hits above his weight class; his hips have NFL class grease in them, and he's displayed an ultra scrappy side that all of us can appreciate. In fact, so far his only downside is he draws a little yellow, but nothing like his upperclassmen.

Back