Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Where does Matt rank with QBs in playoffs

Why you despised Flacco so much? The guy threw 2 deep TD pass in stride against all pro Champ Bailey and threw another long one to tied the game up late. And you call that having a lucky day? I call that forcing the Defense's hands. I call that not taking what the Defense gives you and take what is rightfully yours.

That is an epic PO performances. I have no problem giving this man credits.

Joe Flacco

NFL records
First rookie quarterback to start all sixteen games and make the playoffs (shared with Matt Ryan)
First rookie quarterback to win two playoff games
Most starts by a quarterback in first season: 19
Most starts by a quarterback in first two seasons: 37
Most starts by a quarterback in first three seasons: 55
Most starts by a quarterback in first four seasons: 73
Most starts by a quarterback in first five seasons: 90
Most wins by a quarterback in first 60 consecutive starts: 40
Most combined regular and postseason wins in first three years as a quarterback: 36 (tied with Dan Marino)
Only quarterback to start and win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons
Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first five seasons: 54

Also, Flacco has never missed a snap due to injury since he has started. He's a lot tougher than people give him credit. He may not be a pretty boy QB like Manning, Brady or Rodgers, but he ain't as bad as some would make him out to be. Ryan is 0-3 in the playoffs. If he loses against the Seahawks this year and ends up 0-4, I hope the Ryan v. Flacco talk gets flushed down the crapper. He out out-dueled Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in back-to-back playoff seasons. Ain't many QB's out there who can say that.

The problem with Flacco, is that guy who showed up yesterday doesn't always show up.

Next week, with the Noise at Reliant & the Bulls on Parade, he's going to look like a mistake prone rookie & the debate will be renewed.

I don't think you can argue that Manning was clutch yesterday. He scored a net 14 points for his team (21 - 7 on the pick 6). He had 4 TOs as well.

Flacco was the better QB yesterday. People aren't going to give him credit until he wins a SB.

Rodgers also wasn't elite yesterday. He didn't play a bad game, but his team got beaten by a QB with only 6 or so starts to his name.

I think this elite/clutch debate is gonna get us nowhere. Ultimately the QB is only a component of the overall team winning. Manning did enough for his team to win, but didn't because his defense was terrible. Ditto for GB.

Schaub needs to play well to win, but his running game and defense are also huge pieces to us winning.

I know Matt doesn't read these boards, & he doesn't listen to the opinions espoused by the media.

But what if Matt is not playing his game, because he's trying to be more than he is? What if his "mistakes" are the result of him trying to "step up"

Would you rather not see that safe, conservative Matt who can "lead" us to 43 points when the whole team is working, or would you rather he try to be Peyton & give away the game?

The problem with Flacco, is that guy who showed up yesterday doesn't always show up.

Next week, with the Noise at Reliant & the Bulls on Parade, he's going to look like a mistake prone rookie & the debate will be renewed.

I'll take the "problem" of wins in five straight playoffs and three AFCC's any day of the week.

Get the car out of the garage before you set a speed record on the highway

I know Matt doesn't read these boards, & he doesn't listen to the opinions espoused by the media.

But what if Matt is not playing his game, because he's trying to be more than he is? What if his "mistakes" are the result of him trying to "step up"

Would you rather not see that safe, conservative Matt who can "lead" us to 43 points when the whole team is working, or would you rather he try to be Peyton & give away the game?

Matt needs to be Matt.

I'll take the "problem" of wins in five straight playoffs and three AFCC's any day of the week.

Let's not change the conversation, we're talking about your quarterback.

As a team, yes the Ravens have accomplished a lot with him, sometimes in spite of him.

next week, if you lose the AFCCG because bad Flacco shows up, are we going to be happy with your "little" problem?

Let's not change the conversation, we're talking about your quarterback.

As a team, yes the Ravens have accomplished a lot with him, sometimes in spite of him.

next week, if you lose the AFCCG because bad Flacco shows up, are we going to be happy with your "little" problem?

Translation please?

Honesty= telling the truth

Joe's better in the playoffs and it shows.

Schaub is a great fantasy QB in regular season....

Obviously, you don't get it.
You don't go on another MB and kicked a guy when he's down.

The Texans fans can do it; but when you do, you're classless!

Obviously, you don't get it.
You don't go on another MB and kicked a guy when he's down.

The Texans fans can do it; but when you do, you're classless!

You need a Waaambulance?

Kick him when he's down? Really? :mariopalm:

Classy like Watt spitting on the Patriots Logo?

I aspire to class like that....said myself never...

I think Schaub's limitations are on display today for all the world to see. Bad decision making is at the top of the list and the standout today. He opened the game throwing a strike to Casey that Casey (best hands on the team my ass!) just flat out dropped. Now do I blame Schaub for that? Absolutely not. That was all on Casey. Matt followed that up with a scared throw to a wide open AJ in the endzone that sailed almost up through the goal posts. That's the problem with Matt. Things go wrong and Matt spirals down the toilet. He has no resilience or ability to overcome adversity. He folds up and starts making stupid mistakes. Fumbling the ball when no one was near him because he can't remember not to hold it down by where his thighs are? ****ing idiot! A couple of times today he followed up great plays with just terrible brain farts. The guy is so inconsistent that anyone who depended on him to win games in this league should have their judgement questioned.

Schaub is last in my opinion among QB"s in the post season. I'd rather have just about everybody who was out there over Schaub. Some of them have warts but none of them are as consistently flustered and worthless as Matt.

Of 8 left this weekend
Brady
Rodgers
Manning
Kaepernick
Flacco
Ryan
Wilson MS

Matt make me eat crow, PLEASE

Matt played like Matt. I think the one that needs to be fired is whoever was responsible for signing him to an extension this season. There was nothing to gained by it. Just like keeping Mario and not trading him before the season. These two moves i think cripple/crippled this team. Hell at least Barwin didn't have the sense to sign. With our braintrust we may still sign him to a big contract who knows.

Just curious if you were taking QBs right now for the next 5 years how would you rank the QBs above including Luck, RGIII and any others. Top 8.

I think Schaub's limitations are on display today for all the world to see. Bad decision making is at the top of the list and the standout today. He opened the game throwing a strike to Casey that Casey (best hands on the team my ass!) just flat out dropped. Now do I blame Schaub for that? Absolutely not. That was all on Casey. Matt followed that up with a scared throw to a wide open AJ in the endzone that sailed almost up through the goal posts. That's the problem with Matt. Things go wrong and Matt spirals down the toilet. He has no resilience or ability to overcome adversity. He folds up and starts making stupid mistakes. Fumbling the ball when no one was near him because he can't remember not to hold it down by where his thighs are? ****ing idiot! A couple of times today he followed up great plays with just terrible brain farts. The guy is so inconsistent that anyone who depended on him to win games in this league should have their judgement questioned.

Schaub is last in my opinion among QB"s in the post season. I'd rather have just about everybody who was out there over Schaub. Some of them have warts but none of them are as consistently flustered and worthless as Matt.
Kubiak just said (post game presser) that Schaub is one of the top QB's in the NFL. He also said he could win with Carr though...so take it with a grain.

Well, we know we're going to get Schaub back next season.

I think Matt will be in the play-offs again next year. Of the QBs that made it to the divisional round, how many of them do you think will make it this far again?

I think Schaub will be here
I think Flacco will be here
I think Brady will be here
I think Manning will be here.

Well, we know we're going to get Schaub back next season.

I think Matt will be in the play-offs again next year. Of the QBs that made it to the divisional round, how many of them do you think will make it this far again?

I think Schaub will be here
I think Flacco will be here
I think Brady will be here
I think Manning will be here.

I'm bit sold on schaub being there or Flacco. I think Luck is going to be a lot better next year and it's going to be a battle again to win this division. I could see us being swept by the colts next season if they have a good off season.

And the ravens still have to contend with Pitt and cincy. If cincy puts it together they could be tough. And Pitt is still Pitt. They can rise up at anytime it seems like.

Brady and manning aren't in the toughest divisions so I see them as most likely to return.

I do.

I see us winning with Foster having a big day, the D having a big day, and Matt not turning the ball over.

Yeah, none of that stuff happened. None.

Flacco was very good...Not great. his receivers were great.

Schaub can step up, but the receivers need to do the same. I believe they can.

Jacoby Jones had a better day than all our receivers put together, including his drop. He stepped up.

Its all good dude- Joe payed like a champ today:koolaid:

Yep. Joe played great. Congrats.

Like I said earlier, Joe's problem is when he gets hit. He fell apart against us earlier in the season because we hit him a few times. I expected the Broncos to get to him yesterday but your line did a great job keeping Flacco clean.

With his arm, if you keep him clean and keep his mind right, he can play like he played Saturday.

Good luck going forward.

I'm surprised to see there are so many people in here willing to take Matt Ryan over Schaub. You guys do realize after 4 trips to the playoffs, Ryan finally won one yesterday? And it took a miracle comeback to win it.

Yep. Joe played great. Congrats.

Like I said earlier, Joe's problem is when he gets hit. He fell apart against us earlier in the season because we hit him a few times. I expected the Broncos to get to him yesterday but your line did a great job keeping Flacco clean.

With his arm, if you keep him clean and keep his mind right, he can play like he played Saturday.

Good luck going forward.

McKinnie finally got out of Harbaugh's Doghouse to start at LT moving Oher back to RT (where he's better) and switching Osemele from RT to LG where he is better suited. Yanda's return was nice also.

Joe can take the hits- in the past his doubt was manufactured by Cameron who got fired in December. He is much better under Caldwell- we are seeing plays beng run that we didn't know were in the playbook.

Thanks for the well wishes

Flacco was very good...Not great. his receivers were great.

Schaub can step up, but the receivers need to do the same. I believe they can.
You are foolish to not give Flacco his due; There weren't 4-5 Megatron's out there catching balls from a JUGGS machine...

Schaub can't step up unless everything is perfect-and his supporting cast is AJ and Arian; thats it....

"No NFL quarterback — not Brady, not Manning — has more than Flacco's 62 victories, including the postseason, since the start of the 2008 season. No NFL quarterback has more than his six postseason wins on the road. And no other quarterback has a postseason victory in each of his first five seasons during the Super Bowl era."

Schaub over Flacco? Nevermore sayeth the Raven

"No NFL quarterback — not Brady, not Manning — has more than Flacco's 62 victories, including the postseason, since the start of the 2008 season. No NFL quarterback has more than his six postseason wins on the road. And no other quarterback has a postseason victory in each of his first five seasons during the Super Bowl era."

You will never convince folks here that Flacco is a better QB than Schaub. They clearly values individual stats over playoff wins. And Flacco will be unfairly penalized for playing with great defensive team.

You will never convince folks here that Flacco is a better QB than Schaub. They clearly values individual stats over playoff wins. And Flacco will be unfairly penalized for playing with great defensive team.

This post makes absolutely no sense with the way you tried to misuse facts and also with what you tried to paint people's opinions of Schaub and of Flacco.

First off, how about putting "real facts" into perspective here. How many years has Flacco had a shot in the playoffs as oppose to Schaub?? Flacco came into this league with a top 3 defense to play with year after year. Flacco's defense carried his team for years and the main reason why they didn't see a SB at least twice in the playoffs was because Pittsburgh had Big Ben and the Ravens had Flacco. That was the difference between those two teams and those match ups. Flacco has had a lot more playoff failures then Schaub has when you consider the teams that Flacco played on compared to Schaub. Schaub's only played in one playoff and you're comparing that?? He won a game and then lost to a better team.

Flacco made a great post season run this season. Kudos to him for that. He played pretty well last season in the playoffs as well, but barely fell short. I think most people would easily agree that Flacco has surpassed Schaub this season and especially with his post season run, but to act like Flacco's post season greatness over his entire career has been some huge factor and stats are not at all, is being as disengenious as you possibly can be.

And put a poll up about who thinks Schaub is better then Flacco, and I'll bet you anything you want that the over whelming majority of this site will vote for Flacco. So please stop with the hyperbole.

This post makes absolutely no sense with the way you tried to misuse facts and also with what you tried to paint people's opinions of Schaub and of Flacco.

First off, how about putting "real facts" into perspective here. How many years has Flacco had a shot in the playoffs as oppose to Schaub?? Flacco came into this league with a top 3 defense to play with year after year. Flacco's defense carried his team for years and the main reason why they didn't see a SB at least twice in the playoffs was because Pittsburgh had Big Ben and the Ravens had Flacco. That was the difference between those two teams and those match ups. Flacco has had a lot more playoff failures then Schaub has when you consider the teams that Flacco played on compared to Schaub. Schaub's only played in one playoff and you're comparing that?? He won a game and then lost to a better team.

Flacco made a great post season run this season. Kudos to him for that. He played pretty well last season in the playoffs as well, but barely fell short. I think most people would easily agree that Flacco has surpassed Schaub this season and especially with his post season run, but to act like Flacco's post season greatness over his entire career has been some huge factor and stats are not at all, is being as disengenious as you possibly can be.

And put a poll up about who thinks Schaub is better then Flacco, and I'll bet you anything you want that the over whelming majority of this site will vote for Flacco. So please stop with the hyperbole.

What do the stats get you?

Rightb he didnt have to convince me, Schaub did.

Flacco>>>>>>Matt Kubischaub

So are you claiming Flacco is better than Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers as well? I don't quite get the point of that stat? Last I checked, football was a team sport.

blah blah blah let's wait and see who wins the super bowl.

hint: it won't be the Texans and Schaub.

If you look, I think the majority opinion here is that Flacco is better than Schaub. You're not alone thinking Schaub is part, a big part, of our problem. Start a poll, I bet Flacco would win right now.

Flacco. Matt just too limited physically in every area. Also I am really beginning to wonder why GK gives little leeway in allowing Ms to read D and change play.

Is it just me or does it seem that MS takes a long time to get rid of the ball and then it goes really slow. Can anyone put Ms vs another QB releasing the ball so that each starts at same time. If so pick a 30 yard pass so we can see comparison. Also how quickly ball arrives to target. Maybe already done on a website.

this thread is awesome. flacco has been in the league 5 years with middling stats despite a top 5 defense and bigtime run game each year (and two major receivers). he proclaimed himself "elite" and the whole world laughed. he's gotten no less than 2 coordinators fired for trying to give him a reasonable workload. schaub finally gets a defense and beats the ravens by 30 points, and has a better regular season.

the ravens defense holds brady to 13 points and flacco is suddenly a top 5 quarterback. oh and schaub also put up 28 points on the patriots ... only it didnt matter against their 41. schaub also beat the broncos in denver, as well as the colts at home.

i've got as many problems with schaub as any rational fan, but this joe flacco stuff is getting out of hand.

this thread is awesome. flacco has been in the league 5 years with middling stats despite a top 5 defense and bigtime run game each year (and two major receivers). he proclaimed himself "elite" and the whole world laughed. he's gotten no less than 2 coordinators fired for trying to give him a reasonable workload. schaub finally gets a defense and beats the ravens by 30 points, and has a better regular season.

the ravens defense holds brady to 13 points and flacco is suddenly a top 5 quarterback. oh and schaub also put up 28 points on the patriots ... only it didnt matter against their 41. schaub also beat the broncos in denver, as well as the colts at home.

i've got as many problems with schaub as any rational fan, but this joe flacco stuff is getting out of hand.

I never said Flacco elite I am just choosing Flacco over MS. Pretty easy choice in my book.

Really? You're gonna consider those points "schaubs"? He did absolutely NOTHING until the 4th quarter when we were down by 21 points, thats called garbage time.

Matt Schaub ..... 34/51 ...... 343 ...... 2 ...... 1
Joe Flacco ........ 21/36 ...... 240 ...... 3 ...... 0

Did you watch the game or are you stat scouting? Because anyone who watched the game will tell you Schaub was a joke and did nothing to help our offense.

Now whether you feel its Schaub (like me) or its the pieces around him (like texicutioner) thats another debate.

Back