Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What is Watson's value in a trade?

Texansballer74

The Marine
I hesitated to post as was just Instagram.

Has to be fake because you and I both know if this was true. It would be the topic of decision all day today as well as for at least two weeks.

Earl34

Hall of Fame

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I hesitated to post as was just Instagram.
So we don't even wait until April 1st anymore?

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Wtf I was lied to!!!!!!!

can the Texans have Russell Wilson instead Dw#40. Could b fun
I don't think RW leaves Seahawks.
If they offer Texans a clean swap for DW4, it would be very tempting.
One would need to take into account Wilson is 32 - not old for a QB, but if he retires at 40, you would not be getting equal value.
I would be asking for this years second as well.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I don't think RW leaves Seahawks.
If they offer Texans a clean swap for DW4, it would be very tempting.
One would need to take into account Wilson is 32 - not old for a QB, but if he retires at 40, you would not be getting equal value.
I would be asking for this years second as well.
IIRC he is 33 with $39 million dead money pre June trade. In my opinion he's not going anywhere. He would be a fool to retire.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Im thinking 4 #1's is no longer ball park because of litigation.

What say you?

2 #1's and a conditional pick? More? Less?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Eagles might remain interested in Watson.

Many rumors that Philly not all in on Jalen Hurts.

Eagles have three round ones in 2022.

if Watson suspended by NFL team pays no salary. I read that Eagles could go with Hurts until Watson can play.

Post June 1 trade dead $ 5.4 m

Signing bonus Texans might get back up to $16.5 m

Texans get three round ones in 2022 + huge saving on dead cap + signing bonus.

If Watson settles all claims with no criminal charges (not looking good), I would ask for Philly's 1.12 this draft also.
I understand Eagles are contemplating a move back up.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Before all the legal issues, it was very high. Now...it is going to be dependent on what a team is willing to take on. Meaning that he is still good, but who is going to give a ton of picks or players and are willing to do damage control no matter what happens with the legal situation. Seeing even if he is found innocent people are still going to be convinced he is guilty. A team will really have to do some PR work to not cause any problem. And they have to want to put in both the capital and the PR time

SnakeEyes

Under NRG

if Watson suspended by NFL team pays no salary. I read that Eagles could go with Hurts until Watson can play.

If Watson settles all claims with no criminal charges (not looking good), I would ask for Philly's 1.12 this draft also.
I agree IF he can settle. However, I don't think his ego is going to allow it. He could have already done it. But I feel his ego is big enough that he honestly feels he is not guilty. Which is something a person with behavior patterns like this might think.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I agree IF he can settle. However, I don't think his ego is going to allow it. He could have already done it. But I feel his ego is big enough that he honestly feels he is not guilty. Which is something a person with behavior patterns like this might think.
Agree that for whatever reason Deshaun feels like he did nothing wrong. Reminds me of Clinton saying he never had sex with Monica. During that time Bill Clinton had a tremendous amount of supporters and he could not throw the football.

I have read many comments that many NFL teams are not overly concerned with the PR hit that will come with attaining Watson. 1 article out of Miami stated the Dolphins were having difficulty selling tickets and Watson would only help them.

theCATALYST

Football Messiah
I have read many comments that many NFL teams are not overly concerned with the PR hit that will come with attaining Watson. 1 article out of Miami stated the Dolphins were having difficulty selling tickets and Watson would only help them.

Winning a Superbowl (which Watson can handily do on the right team, looking at you Miami) goes a long way towards helping fans and teams see past a players personal issues.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Winning a Superbowl (which Watson can handily do on the right team, looking at you Miami) goes a long way towards helping fans and teams see past a players personal issues.
Yep and has nothing to do with how I feel about number four and his behavior. I want him gone but I'm going to be optimistic as long as possible about receiving a good return. I believe both Miami and Philadelphia have maneuvered themselves into very strong packages that could be offered for DW.

Number19

Hall of Fame
But I feel his ego is big enough that he honestly feels he is not guilty...
Agree that for whatever reason Deshaun feels like he did nothing wrong...
Ego? Not saying this is the case, but people can take a stand purely on principle. Sometimes people of principle are certainly willing to go to court, occasionally even jail, rather than to submit to something they do not believe in or to authoritarianism.

Admittedly, if violence was actually committed, this is an issue and needs to be proven in court; but with this exception, the complaints do not rise to this level and are a consequence of the modern, liberal, WOKE generation. At the core, these complaints are little more than hurt feelings.

Now Watson is young and has been fully indoctrinated in WOKISM, but it is totally conceivable he could be standing on the principle that what occurred in these sessions was not criminal.

Bottom line, if he maintains his position, this needs to be settled in court. But to the point, is it ego or principle?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Ego? Not saying this is the case, but people can take a stand purely on principle. Sometimes people of principle are certainly willing to go to court, occasionally even jail, rather than to submit to something they do not believe in or to authoritarianism.

Admittedly, if violence was actually committed, this is an issue and needs to be proven in court; but with this exception, the complaints do not rise to this level and are a consequence of the modern, liberal, WOKE generation. At the core, these complaints are little more than hurt feelings.

Now Watson is young and has been fully indoctrinated in WOKISM, but it is totally conceivable he could be standing on the principle that what occurred in these sessions was not criminal.

Bottom line, if he maintains his position, this needs to be settled in court. But to the point, is it ego or principle?
If he didn't commit assault, I understand him maintaining his innocence and willing to go to trial. If he did hopefully Harden will break through his ego or whatever it's called and produce a settlement.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG

I'm going to say it is 150% ego.

Think about this:
He is so happy to sign his deal. Then a few months later he asks for a trade. He refused to give any leverage. And due to the no trade clause, he basically holds a billion dollar sports team hostage.

That is an example of ego and to an extent that he is a lier. Likely what I said above will be presented to the judge. Reason? It shows how easily he is a nice guy and changes to one who wants to be in power and control. Back to the point. You have to have an ego to pull what he did with the trade demand. I can't remember many (if any) trade demanding players who are not said to have an ego.

Texansballer74

The Marine

Think about this:
He is so happy to sign his deal. Then a few months later he asks for a trade. He refused to give any leverage. And due to the no trade clause, he basically holds a billion dollar sports team hostage.

That is an example of ego and to an extent that he is a lier. Likely what I said above will be presented to the judge. Reason? It shows how easily he is a nice guy and changes to one who wants to be in power and control. Back to the point. You have to have an ego to pull what he did with the trade demand. I can't remember many (if any) trade demanding players who are not said to have an ego.

Case in point Harden. He demanded a trade, the Rockets basically said no. So this clowns ego got in the way causing him to half ash it on the court, sabotaged games and then bad mouth the entire team after another loss to the Lakers.

Yes Watson's ego and pride is clouding his judgment on a lot of things.

badboy

Hall of Fame

Think about this:

Or he could have been acting out of fear and wanted a trade to get out of Texas.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Or he could have been acting out of fear and wanted a trade to get out of Texas.
He thinks he is going to be cleaned. As some people claim "just a cash grab" and his lawyer is filling him with the idea. And this covers 4 states that we know of, could be more. One team he was rumored to be interested in was San Francisco...some of the cases are from LA.

He has some type of mental condition. Seeing the team would have given him 20 massage therapists if he asked. Yet he gets on Instagram to find them? A good amount of the ones on Instagram are strippers or worse. I actually looked it up just to see. That's what a ton of the profiles showed. Had he paid 1-2 off when he first was contacted he would not be in the situation he is. His moral compass is broke or a mental condition...take your pick

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Agree that for whatever reason Deshaun feels like he did nothing wrong. Reminds me of Clinton saying he never had sex with Monica. During that time Bill Clinton had a tremendous amount of supporters and he could not throw the football.

I remember after Hopkins was traded I said the Texans need to grow up & start settling these player conflicts some way other than the player leaving.

Assuming he can stay out of jail. The Texans need him playin & winning.

Then they can trade him.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I remember after Hopkins was traded I said the Texans need to grow up & start settling these player conflicts some way other than the player leaving.

Then they can trade him.
I don't like making predictions but I think Watson will never play another down for Houston. Caserio needs to sell the Sizzle and previous experience of Deshaun on the field.

Teams know what he can do and his drive. Give him a above avg RB and Oline plus couple receivers or TE and he should be fine.

Eagles have that. If I were them, I would offer 2021 round 2 for Brandin Cooks. Have to dump some cap but shouldn't be problem.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I want to clarify and edit my earlier post:

2022 Philly has their own round 1 and also Dolphins. The Colts round 2 is conditional on either
A) Colts making playoffs and Wentz starting at least 70 percent of offensive snaps or

B) Colts do not make playoffs and Wentz starts at least 75% of offensive snaps.

In either case the second round becomes a round one. I do think either A or B is possible but in my opinion B is more likely.

Number19

Hall of Fame
He thinks he is going to be cleaned. As some people claim "just a cash grab" and his lawyer is filling him with the idea. And this covers 4 states that we know of, could be more. One team he was rumored to be interested in was San Francisco...some of the cases are from LA.

He has some type of mental condition. Seeing the team would have given him 20 massage therapists if he asked. Yet he gets on Instagram to find them? A good amount of the ones on Instagram are strippers or worse. I actually looked it up just to see. That's what a ton of the profiles showed. Had he paid 1-2 off when he first was contacted he would not be in the situation he is. His moral compass is broke or a mental condition...take your pick
Good points. I'll bring up an alternative, but with the caviat that I don't do social media or follow all this at all. But I've read comments that Watson had a girl friend? Any idea how serious this relationship was? What kind of person she was? Could she have been "saving herself" or holding out for a marriage proposal? With the large numbers of massages, could Watson have been seeing these massage therapists for this reason and reasonably believe his intent was known and therefore consensual? Perhaps this also explains why he didn't go to the team masseuse s. No happy ending. Just throwing this out for consideration.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Good points. I'll bring up an alternative, but with the caviat that I don't do social media or follow all this at all. But I've read comments that Watson had a girl friend? Any idea how serious this relationship was? What kind of person she was? Could she have been "saving herself" or holding out for a marriage proposal? With the large numbers of massages, could Watson have been seeing these massage therapists for this reason and reasonably believe his intent was known and therefore consensual? Perhaps this also explains why he didn't go to the team masseuse s. No happy ending. Just throwing this out for consideration.
Valid.

Just throwing it out there... Has anyone heard anything from his girlfriend? He met her via Instagram or she was rumored to be some type of Instagram personality. You would think she would have surfaced at some point with her take on everything. Yet I have yet to see anything from her.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Before all the legal issues, it was very high. Now...it is going to be dependent on what a team is willing to take on. Meaning that he is still good, but who is going to give a ton of picks or players and are willing to do damage control no matter what happens with the legal situation. Seeing even if he is found innocent people are still going to be convinced he is guilty. A team will really have to do some PR work to not cause any problem. And they have to want to put in both the capital and the PR time
Forget about what he's worth in trade.

He should be in jail, just like we would be if we did some of the things he's accused of doing.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Yep and has nothing to do with how I feel about number four and his behavior. I want him gone but I'm going to be optimistic as long as possible about receiving a good return. I believe both Miami and Philadelphia have maneuvered themselves into very strong packages that could be offered for DW.
Why would a team trade for a known pervert at best and a sexual predator at worst?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Then they can trade him.
Cant believe you want a sexual predator on the team.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
But I've read comments that Watson had a girl friend? Any idea how serious this relationship was? What kind of person she was? Could she have been "saving herself" or holding out for a marriage proposal?
She hadn't spoken out yet either. Not one way or the other. Doesn't look good for Watson. So far only people speaking out in support of him is his lawyer & some activist who just met him 3 weeks ago.
Cant believe you want a sexual predator on the team.
Alleged

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
No it's not.
Care to expound?

2 different women had relations with Ben including 1 with a down to bleep t-shirt on and security outside the bathroom door.

We all know what DW4 did and I'm really interested how you think what Ben did and DW4 are in anyway similar. DW4 is a serial pervert. Tell me what makes you think Ben is a serial anything?

Boris

All Pro
2 different women had relations with Ben including 1 with a down to bleep t-shirt on and security outside the bathroom door.
family would argue a DTF t-shirt = an instagram account for a masseuse (most likely unlicensed) whose profile pic is a beauty shot

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Hit the brakes. We don't know sh*t. I'm tired of guys convicting folks before they had their day in court. There’s a process. Let it play out.
He's a pervert regardless of whether he's convicted or not.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
family would argue a DTF t-shirt = an instagram account for a masseuse (most likely unlicensed) whose profile pic is a beauty shot
There was security right outside the door. So if anything funny was going on I'm sure they would've stopped it.

Anyways. 1 vs 22 and a history of perversion vs a 1 time thing. If people choose to bury their head in the sand I guess that's their business.