Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

What happens to sundays game if Ike comes??

Atlanta? Screw that, this isn't about neutrality, this is a home game. Austin, San Antonio, Even Dallas, no scratch Dallas, would be better than Atlanta.

I don't see how this game is played this weekend in Texas, except maybe El Paso.

I don't like the idea of the game played in Atlanta, but postponing the game isn't really an option.

I don't see how this game is played this weekend in Texas, except maybe El Paso.

I don't like the idea of the game played in Atlanta, but postponing the game isn't really an option.

If it's played in Atlanta, its gonna be dead silent in the stadium. Falcon fans don't really care about their own team and they sure won't go to a game between 2 other teams.

Why not? They should be able to get this game in on Monday night.

Am I the only one on this board old enough to remember Hurricane Alicia?

Sci Guy's latest entry at Chron.com makes me think the storm will blow through without the sky falling on the Reliant roof.

I think the game gets played Monday night at Reliant.

Maybe move it up to OU stadium in Norman on Sunday - then I could make the game (wishful thinking). I am stationed up in OKC. I remember the San Diego fires last year and the discussions/concerns with replay/camera concerns, I'm not sure what stadiums would be possibilities except for NFL stadiums?

i've heard rumblings to a monday night move being made official by 4

Depending how bad this storm is, they may have trouble getting a game played at Reliant even Monday and once we're past Monday, I dunno for sure but I doubt there's any way to make up the game ?
Rather than risk this scenario, I'd think they'd announce an alternative game site in another city to be sure its played ?

The storm isn't strengthening, NFL honchos.

Play the damn game in Houston Monday night.

Broadcasting the game will be challenge considering how the storm could impact the area.

Let's say they decide on Monday Night in Housotn and then they can't pull it off? Maybe issues with electricity, the broadcasting crew isn't there, fans won't be there?

I don't like the idea of losing a home game, but the reality of the situation and the options available seem to indicate the game is played somewhere outside of Texas if they definitely want to play this game this weekend.

If they don't play it this weekend, how do they reschedule?

If they don't play it this weekend, how do they reschedule?

Here is an off the wall suggestion from PFT.com

A reader has offered up an intriguing alternative that could have some merit. Week Two could be declared the Ravens’ and Texans’ bye week, and they could play on November 9 in Houston, when the Ravens are scheduled to have their bye.

The problem is that the Texans currently are slated to host the Bengals that day. But since the Bengals and Texans have a bye set for October 26, the Bengals-Texans game could be moved to the currently-scheduled open date. In turn, the Bengals’ bye would become November 9.

Sci Guy's latest entry at Chron.com makes me think the storm will blow through without the sky falling on the Reliant roof.

I think the game gets played Monday night at Reliant.

Going to be kind of hard to see in the dark, but it could improve Schaub's accuracy. :spit:

A reader has offered up an intriguing alternative that could have some merit. Week Two could be declared the Ravens’ and Texans’ bye week, and they could play on November 9 in Houston, when the Ravens are scheduled to have their bye.

The problem is that the Texans currently are slated to host the Bengals that day. But since the Bengals and Texans have a bye set for October 26, the Bengals-Texans game could be moved to the currently-scheduled open date. In turn, the Bengals’ bye would become November 9.
That is an intriguing solution to the problem, however some peoples plans are bound to be screwed-up. Like me & family.
I'm planning on going to that game and NP for me since I live here. But my family members live in California & Missouri and they've already bought plane tickets for the weekend of the the Bengals game on 11-9, i. e. plane fare for the weekend of 11-9 with tickets for a game which is rescheduled to a weekend in Oct. Not good a combination !

Are you guaranteeing that all the power in Houston will be back on by Monday night?

Have you be hitting the beer already?

No, but let's face it - the city (i.e. gov't and big business) get priority fixing. So those close to the city probably will have power back (if lost) before the burbs.

I rather have the Ravens game in Baltimore, and have us switch home games with the Titans. It'll be less complicated then the idea suggested in your quote.

Edit: now that I think about it, it'll mess up the 8 home games 8 road games for the Ravens... I don't know now. Maybe neutral site?

Why not? They should be able to get this game in on Monday night.

Am I the only one on this board old enough to remember Hurricane Alicia?

Nope.

I was living near Bellfort and Telephone Rd. (that's in the Hood :) )
I think our power was back on before dark.

No, but let's face it - the city (i.e. gov't and big business) get priority fixing. So those close to the city probably will have power back (if lost) before the burbs.

Bingo.

Come on, people, we've all seen this song and dance before. The storm will move through, residents will break out the chainsaws to cut up the downed tree limbs, the waters will drain, and everything will be back to normal within a day.

This is not worse than Alicia. The center of the city will be fine.

A week 2 bye week would basically negate the advantage of any rest period which it should offer a team during a long season............With how things are going already and our team's track record, by the end of the season we'll be playing "Ten Little Indians."

Just curious, is Dallas being affected by the storm as well? I don't think I saw a article on PFT about them yet.

A week 2 bye week would basically negate the advantage of any rest period which it should offer a team during a long season............With how things are going already and our team's track record, by the end of the season we'll be playing "Ten Little Indians."

PFT's solution works, but your post is exactly why I'm not in favor of it!

Bingo.

Come on, people, we've all seen this song and dance before. The storm will move through, residents will break out the chainsaws to cut up the downed tree limbs, the waters will drain, and everything will be back to normal within a day.

The problem with your scenario, is that there is a chance the game isn't played. And if it is played, probably at very little capacity. What about the broadcast setup?

And what about the season ticket holders that can't make the game and still charged for the game anyway?

Are the Ravens even in Houston yet?

I suspect they are going to pick the situation that gives the highest degree of the game being played this weekend.

Last edited:
The problem with your scenario, is that there is a chance the game isn't played. And if it is played, probably at very little capacity. What about the broadcast setup?

And what about the season ticket holders that can't make the game and still charged for the game anyway?

Are the Ravens even in Houston yet?

I suspect they are going to pick the situation that gives the highest degree of the game being played.

The Ravens are due to arrive tomorrow, before the storm.

My scenario is the likely scenario. Monday night is a long time away from Friday night/Saturday morning. As of now, the game is still scheduled for 3:15 Sunday.

Bingo.

Well, I broke out the chainsaws and repaired all I could after Rita, but I still didn't have power for 1 1/2 weeks after that storm. I wasn't in the direct path of the storm either, I'm located in northeast Harris County.

Well, I broke out the chainsaws and repaired all I could after Rita, but I still didn't have power for 1 1/2 weeks after that storm. I wasn't in the direct path of the storm either, I'm located in northeast Harris County.

Yet another reason why living inside the loop is better. I don't recall ever losing power for more than a few hours.

Okay, I have seen posts and a report on CBS sportsline.com that their is a chance the game MIGHT be moved to Atlanta. If this in fact is the case (i think we'll know by 4PM) how would someone like me, living in Georgia, aquire tickets. I'll throw on my Ryans jersey and scream my ass of for the team...

ESPN radio is reporting that the game will be here Mon night if it can't be played Sunday.

I remember Alicia vividly. We just finished the last of the repairs from Rita damage this summer. I guess that is a good thing as we might have to do it again.

On the plus side, I'll be at the game if I have to swim there.

Apparently, there are reports that if Tina will just eat the damn cake...Ike will back off.

:spit:

Okay, I have seen posts and a report on CBS sportsline.com that their is a chance the game MIGHT be moved to Atlanta. If this in fact is the case (i think we'll know by 4PM) how would someone like me, living in Georgia, aquire tickets. I'll throw on my Ryans jersey and scream my ass of for the team...

You'd just walk in. How could they even sell tickets to a game that nobody in Atlanta cares about?

What would that ticket price be? About $5?

Oooh! Oooh! They could do the whole Single A Baseball gimmick: Bring an abused pit bull or animal torture device...and get in for FREE!

Back