Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What Grade Did Caserio Get on Watson Trade?

here’s the other thing: who is he throwing to? Landry was released earlier. OBJ got shipped out last year. Austin Hooper was also released. All they have is Njoku and whomever they select at WR in the draft.
It's been suggested that Will Fuller will want to sign with the team which signs Watson.

here’s the other thing: who is he throwing to? Landry was released earlier. OBJ got shipped out last year. Austin Hooper was also released. All they have is Njoku and whomever they select at WR in the draft.
They just signed Amari Cooper a few days ago. And they have Peoples-Jones

I give them a C-, but after the draft that can either go up or down. Watson and camp actually F’d over us like I figured he would. Him and his camp stuck to their agenda. And that was to waive the NTC only to the team that will not give up any of their top dogs. Nick hands were tied and the Texans as usual gets screwed.
Hopefully we hit big time on the draft.

A++

TBH Watson was never gonna play here again. Disgruntled and ruined the franchise.

His gone. Least we got a do over.

Cleaveland placed the franchise in Watson's hands for the next 7 years. VERY INTERESTING! Will follow that story for sure.

Mills vs Watson career.......... hrmmmmm...........

You forgot about Amari Cooper, but yeah still needs more weapons.

I give them a C-, but after the draft that can either go up or down. Watson and camp actually F’d over us like I figured he would. Him and his camp stuck to their agenda. And that was to waive the NTC only to the team that will not give up any of their top dogs. Nick hands were tied and the Texans as usual gets screwed.
Hopefully we hit big time on the draft.

I want to know why we haven't signed David Mulugheta to a shiny new contract already .... we need someone who can win these battles .... On Our Side !!

If this is true, we'll get their 13th slot in the first round, which isn't that bad. You should definitely be able to get two starters with the 3rd and 13th pick in the 1st round in this years draft.
I would prefer to trade back one of those picks for more draft capital this year and next.
I give Nick a C-. We should have gotten at least 1 good young player or a second rounder. But I recognize that the NTC complicated everything.

Surprised no one has criticized the negotiation method. Make us an offer before you can present to Watson then let Watson go to which one he wants after discussions and take their initial offer. That's fine for seeing who is serious, but not a great way to drive up the price. I understand that the ntc effects things but it doesn't seem like the method they chose to go about this was the best way to induce a bidding war.
I feel Caserio's hands were most likely tied by the owners. They wanted Watson out of here this year & weren't willing to take a chance that he would be here for another year. If that had not been the case & the owners had let Caserio do what they're paying him to do, the one change in the negotiations I would've liked to have seen was Caserio requiring Watson to waive his NTC for two or more teams. If he declined, then tell him to get comfortable at the end of the bench, because he was going to be sitting there for another year. But, he had to have the support of the owners to do that. And that's what I believe he didn't have. So, I'm going to give Caserio a B+ for getting that child out of here & securing three first round picks for him.

That's run game and playaction gonna be lethal

Okay then are we counting it as 4 pieces since we gave up a pick? Come on man. The “and more” that was out there never materialized here. D

A, he leveled up a round with the pick swap

B, as I said in my opening post in this thread, 3 1sts is 3 1sts…however they fall you’re in the 1st round..what those 1sts also allow you to do in the future:

you now have extra draft capital to move up in the draft if you need/want to without really hurting yourself too badly….

Those picks also give you flexibility in the future to nab a high level player in a trade

Flexibility you’ll have for THE NEXT 3 YEARS.

the “and more” was speculation largely put out there by the media….media here…and we all know why those clowns are doing it.

hell they’re on sports radio 610 RIGHT NOW talking about they didn’t get as much as they should’ve…which is preposterous considering what was still hanging over DW4’s head with the civil suits, the NTC clause the FO HAD to work thru AND all of the draft capital and room under the salary cap we got in return.

To my knowledge no team has ever gotten 3 1sts for a player in a trade.

At a minimum, the trade is a B.

Last edited:
It’s idiotic that anyone thinks Caserio could have gotten more. Watson held all the cards because of that no trade clause. ATL had balked at the price tag and suddenly teams were drying up. CLE made their move and Watson agreed.
Caserio still got the best haul of any team involved as only MIA offered as much early on.

Meh. We may never know what all the offers on the table were. It seems strange to assume that this was the best one out there that could be agreed to by all parties.

I’m thankful for the 1s, and that the debacle is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JB
Don't think Cleaveland thought this through.

Next 3 years were picking 2 1's every year.......... Watson gets injured..... molest more women. Its over. They took all the risk.

lol And we're talking about the Browns here! It's not like their owner is heads and shoulders above the McNairs.

Just knowing that Watson gets to face the Steelers and Ravens defenses four times a year, all in northern outdoor stadiums, on a team that will be hobbled by his cap number and unable to draft in the 1st round for years to come, I'm looking forward to the eventual and inevitable Watson meltdown when they don't let him pick their new GM and HC.

Good for them. Glad it's not us any more.

They can get those guys back at the right price or use the draft/free agency.

Well, considering Watson will probably be suspended this season the browns will probably end up having a top 10 pick. So next year's first round pick we get from the browns should be pretty high. Considering we didn't get any players to go along with it I give the trade a C. For getting this over with, I give Caserio an A+.
Source? Link?

Well perhaps, knowing you are sitting at the poker table with Cal McNair and Nick Caserio. Today was a double whammy for the Browns. DW4 for .50 on the dollar. Fire up those cigars Cleveland. This upcoming draft 2022, the Browns give up 1 draft pick. Let me say that again, ONE.
Spreading those three firsts over three seasons was shrewd.
If all three of those picks turn into solid starters, they will have to be paid, so spreading them out over three seasons is shrewd.
I don't give a rats patootie how many picks Browns have this year.

lol And we're talking about the Browns here! It's not like their owner is heads and shoulders above the McNairs.

Just knowing that Watson gets to face the Steelers and Ravens defenses four times a year, all in northern outdoor stadiums, on a team that will be hobbled by his cap number and unable to draft in the 1st round for years to come, I'm looking forward to the eventual and inevitable Watson meltdown when they don't let him pick their new GM and HC.

Good for them. Glad it's not us any more.
Don't be in denial. The cap is going up astronomically especially with the Amazon money. Steelers don't have a qb and got ran out the playoffs by the Browns 2 yrs ago. The Raven defense was bad last year and fired their DC. It's a tough division, but Cleveland has talent and the gm has shown he can draft well.

I like it for the Texans. It means they won't have more than two 1st rounders to give new contracts to four seasons from now.

2022 was always a rebuild year anyway. Probably the same for 2023. It's going to take years to dig out of the hole that O'Brien dug for this franchise.

Meh. We may never know what all the offers on the table were. It seems strange to assume that this was the best one out there that could be agreed to by all parties.

I’m thankful for the 1s, and that the debacle is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It automatically is the best offer when Watson has a NTC. No one assumed anything. Caserio can’t fight his NTC.
I’m just telling you what they are saying on NFL Network.
ATL balked at giving him 230 million guaranteed. CLE didn’t.
That’s it. Caserio has to make as good a deal as he can at that time. I wanted more too and was hopeful but CLE went off what the highest offer at that time had been.
MIA apparently offered early on what the deal ended up being.

Well perhaps, knowing you are sitting at the poker table with Cal McNair and Nick Caserio. Today was a double whammy for the Browns. DW4 for .50 on the dollar. Fire up those cigars Cleveland. This upcoming draft 2022, the Browns give up 1 draft pick. Let me say that again, ONE.

why f
Well, that's a surprise. Thank goodness we still have Fairbairn!!!

And a bunch of nasty picks!!!!!!!!!!! were picking two........... yes two first rounders this year baby! Trade back and get more capital........... we could possibly have 3 first rounders this year.

when was the last time we have that many?

I think that's what makes the trade look bad.

If you were to trade that 2023 1st to get a player this year, you can expect a 2nd in return.

If you were to trade that 2024 1st to get a player this year, you can expect a 3rd in return.

So you basically traded Watson for a 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th....

I'm fine with it. As long as he doesn't trade those first into this year.

I mean, they got Amari Cooper.

So there's that.

yeah they have him…but he’s been unable to stay healthy his entire career & he couldn’t really thrive in an offense with Dak, Zeke and CD Lamb. He’ll now be the main guy in Cleveland..in an outdoor stadium …..in a city that gets cold AF …..in a division known for playing brutal defense ….that just happens to have the DPOY and the SB runner up in it. I doubt Cooper makes it 1 year in Cleveland with his cap hit.

why f

And a bunch of nasty picks!!!!!!!!!!! were picking two........... yes two first rounders this year baby! Trade back and get more capital........... we could possibly have 3 first rounders this year.

when was the last time we have that many?

never.

Last edited:
I like it for the Texans. It means they won't have more than two 1st rounders to give new contracts to four seasons from now.

2022 was always a rebuild year anyway. Probably the same for 2023. It's going to take years to dig out of the hole that O'Brien dug for this franchise.
Did you ever think in your wildest dreams that after trading DW4 the Texans would walk away with only 1 extra draft pick in the 2022 draft?

I think that's what makes the trade look bad.

If you were to trade that 2023 1st to get a player this year, you can expect a 2nd in return.

If you were to trade that 2024 1st to get a player this year, you can expect a 3rd in return.

So you basically traded Watson for a 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th....

I'm fine with it. As long as he doesn't trade those first into this year.

that’s assuming where you think those picks will wind up..& that’s what’s messing with everyone’s head.

Don't be in denial. The cap is going up astronomically especially with the Amazon money. Steelers don't have a qb and got ran out the playoffs by the Browns 2 yrs ago. The Raven defense was bad last year and fired their DC. It's a tough division, but Cleveland has talent and the gm has shown he can draft well.

lol Denial for a different perspective. Check your ego, bud.

I don't care how much talent Cleveland has. They are still the Browns, just as cursed as Houston football. Maybe even more cursed.

The Steelers are a winning organization. They'll be back sooner than later. Players want to play there. Same for the Ravens. These franchises regularly rebuild and go deep, often to Super Bowls. And the division still has Cincy, who is fresh of a Super Bowl.

And I'm still not convinced that Watson is a cold weather QB.

I'm not going to cry over losing a quitter, regardless of how talented he is. The truth is he'll quit on Cleveland as soon as his diva ass doesn't get his way.

How do you think Nick Caserio did on this trade?

Three firsts, a third rounder, and a fourth for a fifth grade swap. More specifics to come. No players included. Details may change or be more specific later.

I think anything that rids Houston of a cancerous POS like Watson is better than spending another year paying him. The 3 1’s are the key and if they don’t get real value out of them then it doesn’t matter anyway.

Did you ever think in your wildest dreams that after trading DW4 the Texans would walk away with only 1 extra draft pick in the 2022 draft?

I was pessimistic that the Texans would get nothing.

I was okay with them shipping his ass of last year for just one 1st round pick. He's a quitter and a cancer. His talent does not make up for those character traits.

lol Denial for a different perspective. Check your ego, bud.

I don't care how much talent Cleveland has. They are still the Browns, just as cursed as Houston football. Maybe even more cursed.

The Steelers are a winning organization. They'll be back sooner than later. Players want to play there. Same for the Ravens. These franchises regularly rebuild and go deep, often to Super Bowls. And the division still has Cincy, who is fresh of a Super Bowl.

And I'm still not convinced that Watson is a cold weather QB.

I'm not going to cry over losing a quitter, regardless of how talented he is. The truth is he'll quit on Cleveland as soon as his diva ass doesn't get his way.

Word! Watson was a quitter........... no indication he got some mental help either.

Worst a 2 faced quitter and "possibly" a horrible predator.

Back