Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What do you think the Texans 2023 Draft Grade will be?

What do you think the Texans 2023 Draft Grade will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I'll wait to see the picks and how the draft is navigated.

C+ and D the last 2 years though.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
If ever in history of polls, there was need for undecided, this would be it.
DeMeco & Slowik solid A is certainly the dream.
Caserio however is the outlier for me. Not holding Lovie & Cook in check in season finale inexcusable. Taking injured player off freshman tape over higher traits prospect same position inexcusable. Not leveraging draft capital for more draft capital not less, inexcusable. I'm being kind to give him a D.
Put ownership in the mix as decision makers or tie breakers, ominous. C.
Draft quality of class. B
Reality C+

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
I'll give them an I for injured. This is so Texans mock draft:

1.2 Tyree Wilson - Foot
1.12 Jaxon Smith-Njigba - Hamstring
2.33 Hendon Hooker - Knee
3.65 JL Skinner - Biceps
3.73 Andrew Vorhees - Knee
Maybe but the first 3 are pretty much medically cleared and will be ready to play at 100% by no later than November (Hooker). However, that is a GREAT thing because for 1 time and 1 time only a QB can actually SIT and LEARN.

And I will give them a solid A for all 3 picks. Why? Because even before injury they were all STILL rated 1st round grades.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Maybe but the first 3 are pretty much medically cleared and will be ready to play at 100% by no later than November
I'm going to go with, "it was a joke."

Formulated to generate giggles, not serious discussion.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
It was the best I could do, considering the thread was grading the draft before it happens.

And as demonstrated, it doesn't matter that the draft hasn't occurred, there are those whose mind is already made up. :rolleyes:

Swear that if I felt so negative I would stop watching the Texans and start watching fishing tournament shows. :fishing:

:coffee:

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
And as demonstrated, it doesn't matter that the draft hasn't occurred, there are those whose mind is already made up. :rolleyes:

Swear that if I felt so negative I would stop watching the Texans and start watching fishing tournament shows. :fishing:

Will it be possible for you to feel negative, even after the draft? Bias cuts both ways.

Toro Bravo

Rookie
Went D or lower, because if they don't get a first round QB, most fans and the national media will rightly crucify them.
I also went D, because there is only one choice at 1.2 and I don't trust Nick to make it - whoever is left between Young or Stroud. Nothing Nick has done in previous drafts makes me think he will make the consensus choice in this draft. Unless he has a plan for a starting QB, via trade or other means, this draft will be a big fail without a legitimate starting QB after Thursday night.

Hervoyel

BUENO!

I did (stop watching) but I started following baseball instead of fishing shows. It was easier because a) I didn't care much at first about baseball and b) The Astros turned into a winning machine. Really helped with some of the fan-PTS from Bill O'Brien and all his BS. Then I got curious and started following the "Kirby Sheet-Show" again because it was so..... odd. Culley? Lovie? Easterby? What in the hell is going on down there?

Some people say that professional wrestling is like a soap opera for men. I think that the Houston Texans have a similar attraction. I can't not look.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
Will it be possible for you to feel negative, even after the draft? Bias cuts both ways.
I know it goes against the grain for some here, but no, I won't feel negative if I disagree with our draft. I will wait at least until the players get a legitimate chance to prove themselves. I guess it's because I don't feel superior to the people making the choices.
I also realize that all the draft choices won't make it, I won't condemn Casserio for that either.
If that makes me bias, I can live with that. I just choose to not be a constant whiner about everything Texans.
Hope that clarifies things.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I just choose to not be a constant whiner about everything Texans.
Some do not have an issue critiquing a team they spend time and $$$ following. You call them whiners. They call you a cheerleader. Maybe fans can come in different forms?

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
Some do not have an issue critiquing a team they spend time and $$$ following. You call them whiners. They call you a cheerleader. Maybe fans can come in different forms?
Cheering for your team. What novel concept.. :D

I'll admit, I haven't spent a dime on the Texans. Fixed income has no provision for that.

But I also know that if I felt the way some here profess.......I'd walk away.:backsout:

I don't believe in self flagellation.

Reactions: JB

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
OK, so let me put a little disclaimer here. When I graded this, I didn't put what I thought my grade for their draft was going to be beforehand, because that wasn't how I read the question.

I thought the question was what are all the talking heads and pundits going to grade our draft. To which I answered C.

But... that doesn't seem to be what most people are answering...

My grade for the draft? I just hope that I'll be able to see the logic behind all the draft picks and be able to see the draft in a positive light. I usually do.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club

Fans come on all shapes, sizes, backgrounds, and dispositions. I'm never going to have a litmus test to challenge someone's fan level. It's ALL just entertainment at the end of the day.

So that disclaimer aside, what in the world has this organization ever done to garner any trust, optimism, or even benefit of the doubt? Serious question. I'm genuinely curious about how to generate that stuff for the jokers on Kirby.

I'm a fan of the NFL, so by default tribalism, I root for the team of the city I've lived in my entire life. Does that mean I'm supposed to wear blinders to their dysfunctions, terrible decisions, and arrogance?

I'd say of course not. If anything, I'm a strong fan in spite of it, because I've never quit on them. I'm a fan. Not a happy, shiny one, of course, but I've never really been a happy, shiny kinda' guy.

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
If we get this or similar draft... A++

Nope. I want nothing to do with any QB who runs a Briles-style offense in college. The physical means nothing if they have to learn to read a D and how to attack what they see. Just no.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I vote "D or lower", not because I believe it will be that low, reality will probably be somewhere around the B or C range but I've always believed in "Planning/expecting the worst, hoping for the best."

Toro Bravo

Rookie
I also went D, because there is only one choice at 1.2 and I don't trust Nick to make it - whoever is left between Young or Stroud. Nothing Nick has done in previous drafts makes me think he will make the consensus choice in this draft. Unless he has a plan for a starting QB, via trade or other means, this draft will be a big fail without a legitimate starting QB after Thursday night.
I'm glad to say it is only pick 3 in the draft and I'm changing my grade to A+. Way to go Nick!