Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What did you think of Pep Hamilton's performance last year as OC?

There's nothing to keep up.

The singular point I was making is that you can't compare raw numbers from different eras of football.

That's futile and oh so wrong.

1st of all this isn’t different eras dude. So This isn’t “raw numbers” from 1956 football to 2022 football. It isn’t even 1980’s football to 2023, its 2000 to 2022 & TB12 was still playing in 2022. So sorry to bust your bubble but 18 TD’s & 13 ints with 2800 yds passing in a 16 game season is trash in any “era” after 1990…& im sure even TB12 would agree with that.

Think Pep got a raw deal. Lovie probably thinks along those same lines. They we're both set-up for failure, intended or not, it just was. Regardless they got paid.

I suppose it would be safe to say, any HC taking the reins after the OB era was finished was pretty much going to be set up for failure.....maybe for 2 to 3 seasons. Texans just burned through two in short order before having their house in order enough to land one of the top HC's available. I'm looking forward to watching how this plays out.

1st of all this isn’t different eras dude. So This isn’t “raw numbers” from 1956 football to 2022 football. It isn’t even 1980’s football to 2023, its 2000 to 2022 & TB12 was still playing in 2022. So sorry to bust your bubble but 18 TD’s & 13 ints with 2800 yds passing in a 16 game season is trash in any “era” after 1990…& im sure even TB12 would agree with that.
Just because you think flag football today is great does not mean it's the same game as it was back in 2001.

Not only that, Brady's numbers, when projected to a 16-game season, was right around top ten in some categories, and just outside top ten, above average.

For you to call that trash clearly show a lack of knowlege, not worth responding to.

I'm going to talk to my knees now. :ahhaha:

What you should look at instead is how Brady stacked up against the other QBs in the league that year, including Bledsoe.

There are reasons why the Pats were 0-2 with Bledsoe and 11-3 with Brady.

His resume is very underwhelming.

It's not necessary underwhelming.
He was the OC and QB coach at Stanford when Andrew Luck was there.

In Luck's second year in Indy, he was brought in to be the OC.
The Colts improved in his first two years, but did not do well in 2015 when he got fired mid-season with Luck injured.

But really, that team was all about Andrew Luck; Frank Gore was getting long in the tooth.

The Colts perform when Luck was in there; that's pretty much sum it up.
Without Luck, the Colts never did any better than with Pep.

Pep also got some credit for being the QB coach for Justin Herbert, who had a good rookie season.

He was selected to be in the NFL Accelerator Program for coaching so he couldn't be bad.

But he decided to join the NFL Network.

I don't think Pep is a great OC, but he wasn't too shabby either.
The Texans just didn't have the talent to compete last year.

The Colts improved in his first two years, but did not do well in 2015 when he got fired mid-season with Luck injured.

But really, that team was all about Andrew Luck; Frank Gore was getting long in the tooth.

Pep also got some credit for being the QB coach for Justin Herbert, who had a good rookie season.

He was selected to be in the NFL Accelerator Program for coaching so he couldn't be bad.

I didn't like what Pep did in 2022, but I still felt like he was given the reins to open the offense down the stretch in 2021. I'd also like to know to what extent did Lovie play in bringing Pep's offense back into a shell game?

I didn't like what Pep did in 2022, but I still felt like he was given the reins to open the offense down the stretch in 2021. I'd also like to know to what extent did Lovie play in bringing Pep's offense back into a shell game?
Same thing with the Titans and the Colts to different degrees, I think.
They also tried to run the ball and keep things close to the vest.

Matt Ryan 6 aypa was the lowest of his career.
(Mills was at 5.8)

Tannehill was a different story; the Titans simply relied on Henry more than most teams relying on their RB.

Yeah, I saw on NFL Network yesterday doing a training camp report. I thought he was a pretty good QB coach but left a lot to be desired as OC.

Back