Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Jack Easterby

Earl34

Hall of Fame
You must be talking about Ole Larry from Stafford. Lol yeah he’s a darn clown. He’s a big time Watson fan who also believes the Texans set him up.
Yesterday, I got in the car to run a quick errand, tuned to 610 and he was "shouting" about hiring Flores and he would trust Caserio more if he gained weight from eating BBQ. I immediately switched to music. It's one thing to be a passionate fan but it seems he is more schtick than passion. He can be entertaining after a loss but during the offseason, he's boring and predictable.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Humans lie (male & female). Most people try to twist things to their own advantage. There are always two sides to a story & from the outside looking in we rarely get the whole truth from either side.

With this many accusers it seems that something fishy was going on with Watson but on the other hand most of them want money not justice.

One thing that puzzles me is Watson supposedly flew one of the therapists from Atlanta to Houston. This seems odd to me. Watson lives in the 4th biggest city in America & he has to import somebody to get a massage? Unless she is some kind of world class therapist that is well known shouldn't this have set off all kind of alarm bells for her? Is it that common for rich folks to spend thousands of dollars flying people in & putting them up in hotels just for a innocent rub down?

Hell even Kraft went to a massage parlor instead of flying somebody into Boston from Miami.

Honestly I think what we are seeing is a combination of wrong doing by Watson (at least 10 women have filed criminal charges) & some women and a lawyer jumping on the money train.
He also flew in one from Oregon.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
I’m always a bit cynical when folks are ready to come out of the woodwork with lawsuits when the numbers in a new contract are made public or someone wins the lottery. Just funny how the timing is so impeccable.
Two Words - Text Messages.

I'll never believe that was circumstantial. Someone was looking for a payday

I don't know man, maybe he has been doing this all along and there are many more victims or maybe after inking that contract he changed his MO from screwing groupies who are easy to a power trip of "manipulating the otherwise unwilling" and on several of those occasions went too far.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club

I don't know man, maybe he has been doing this all along and there are many more victims or maybe after inking that contract he changed his MO from screwing groupies who are easy to a power trip of "manipulating the otherwise unwilling" and on several of those occasions went too far.
I was just referring to reports that his deeds went back to the prior year but nothing was reported until after he signed his extension

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans

Any hopes as what those text messages contain? If they’re just hook up times or what may happen during the meeting. Could you imagine if Watson texted, I’m coming over for my massage and a little side action….and the masseuse text messages back she’ll see him at such-n-such time? Is there speculation or proof as to what type of text messages Watson sent? Are text messages 100% tamper proof?

The other response is still speculation as to how his behavior evolved but speculation won’t hold up in the court of law. It would sort of allude to the idea that, “Minority Report” is reality.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
The primary reason fans want him out is because of a SI article filled with anonymous jaded exBoB people threw mud at Easterby after they got transitioned out.

Not defending Easterby, or saying just because there's smoke doesn't mean there's a fire, but that article is the primary reason.

Bill Belichick seems to like him, other than saying he isn't a personal guy. The GM comes out and says Easterby doesn't make people decisions.

Easterby has turned into the Texans fandoms very own "snowball"

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
Why was that article even written? Who goes after a guy like that if there isn't reason to? I haven't seen any articles about any other team's EVPFO.

I have a problem with him not because of the article, but because of what I've observed. He was hand in hand with O'Brien in the bad trades and bad contracts that turned this team back into an expansion franchise. Like his buddy McCown, he has no qualifications to be in the position he's in. And he's been the driving force in trying to get his buddy McCown into a position he's not qualified for, just like him. And I'm not real sure his buddy whom he brought over to be GM, is qualified for the job with the way he's conducted his 1st 2 job searches. But then, that could be because of his involvement as well.

I've never heard so much "culture" bullshit in my life the second this dude walked in the door. It's like a damn cult. I have zero issue with prayer, God, or any of that, but I do have a problem with a football team full of players who aren't very good at football.

I know players can have sour grapes when they leave a team and go to another, but man, all of the players who have left here having the same things to say about this organization? Cobb, Watt, Omenihu, Mercilus, don't know if Cunningham had anything to say or not. And that's just from players this year. I've worked for a company that made a change and things started getting worse. Yeah, you're not going to have pleasant things to say about them when you leave. I don't think it always has to be sour grapes. You can have legit complaints. And there's just too many players that have.

Too many reports out there of coaches not wanting to come here with him in the building. And again, that could just be agenda driven by a few reporters, but with everything else we've seen, it isn't hard to believe. And then look at who we just had to interview for HC, and the clusterfuck they worked themselves into on that, mainly because of dude pushing his buddy McCown.

You can look past all of that if you want, it doesn't make it all disappear to never have happened. And as long as he's in the building, whatever role they bullshit you into saying he has, I don't see this organization coming out of the hole they're in any time soon.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Why was that article even written? Who goes after a guy like that if there isn't reason to? I haven't seen any articles about any other team's EVPFO.

I have a problem with him not because of the article, but because of what I've observed. He was hand in hand with O'Brien in the bad trades and bad contracts that turned this team back into an expansion franchise. Like his buddy McCown, he has no qualifications to be in the position he's in. And he's been the driving force in trying to get his buddy McCown into a position he's not qualified for, just like him. And I'm not real sure his buddy whom he brought over to be GM, is qualified for the job with the way he's conducted his 1st 2 job searches. But then, that could be because of his involvement as well.

I've never heard so much "culture" bullshit in my life the second this dude walked in the door. It's like a damn cult. I have zero issue with prayer, God, or any of that, but I do have a problem with a football team full of players who aren't very good at football.

I know players can have sour grapes when they leave a team and go to another, but man, all of the players who have left here having the same things to say about this organization? Cobb, Watt, Omenihu, Mercilus, don't know if Cunningham had anything to say or not. And that's just from players this year. I've worked for a company that made a change and things started getting worse. Yeah, you're not going to have pleasant things to say about them when you leave. I don't think it always has to be sour grapes. You can have legit complaints. And there's just too many players that have.

Too many reports out there of coaches not wanting to come here with him in the building. And again, that could just be agenda driven by a few reporters, but with everything else we've seen, it isn't hard to believe. And then look at who we just had to interview for HC, and the clusterfuck they worked themselves into on that, mainly because of dude pushing his buddy McCown.

You can look past all of that if you want, it doesn't make it all disappear to never have happened. And as long as he's in the building, whatever role they bullshit you into saying he has, I don't see this organization coming out of the hole they're in any time soon.
I guess everybody just making up stuff. It is a known fact he tried to get McClain to write a piece about Mayo and McClain denied him. He got Wilson to write it and McClain say as much so. He blew up his resume, then had to change it, then always fall back on religion. He's something else.

This is exactly why I put that "Not defending Easterby, or saying just because there's smoke doesn't mean there's a fire" disclaimer.

Can't even remark on the factual origins of Easterby hate without being assumed as some Easterby apologist.

Why do jaded ex- employees even write articles? Because they are jaded.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Dejaview

All Pro
Can the moderators put this Easterby **** in the dumppile. It’s RELIGION. Wanna know what religion is. It is HOPE. I see folks religiosly promoting Vegas Odds here... RELIGIOSLY hoping for a winning bet on an otherwise wasted life. What is the difference? Here is my *****. I have a nephew who at a young age had brain cancer, My brother and wife were religious but only in a loving way. They prayed because they had HOPE. Fast forward my nephew survived and twenty years later he is now an intern at MD Anderson in Houston...where his life was saved. I hope those who denigrate those searching hope in any form can only find a doctor like my nephew in their times of need. No, he cant operate on your disease… he lost sight in his left eye, function in his left arm and left leg. But for some reason his brain is perfect. He loves his god and rides public transportation every day to the hospital to help those through research to better reach across that void he had to cross. If any of you haters have to seek comfort in your life you can only pray to have him on your team. So get over your religious crap!

Last edited:

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Can the moderators put this Easterby **** in the dumppile. It’s RELIGION. Wanna know what religion is. It is HOPE. I see folks religiosly promoting Vegas Odds here... RELIGIOSLY hoping for a winning bet on an otherwise wasted life. What is the difference? Here is my *****. I have a nephew who at a young age had brain cancer, My brother and wife were religious but only in a loving way. They prayed because they had HOPE. Fast forward my nephew survived and twenty years later he is now an intern at MD Anderson in Houston...where his life was saved. I hope those who denigrate those searching hope in any form can only find a doctor like my nephew in their times of need. No, he cant operate on their disease… he lost sight in his left eye, function in his left arm and left leg. But for some reason his brain is perfect. He loves his god and rides public transportation every day to the hospital to help those through research to better reach across that void he had to cross. If any of you haters have to seek comfort in your life you can only pray to have him on your team. So get over your religious crap!
Dude can be religious all he wants. Let me know when he stops having a hand in destroying football franchises and making them a laughingstock.

mws

Rookie
I am starting to think the Easterby outrage is flamed by Watson’s team to continue to keep the attention off of Watson.
This is what Andre Johnson had to say about Easterby and Johnson is not really somebody known for running their mouth.

"Since Jack Easterby has walked into the building nothing good has happened in/for the organization and for some reason someone can’t seem to see what’s going on. Pathetic!!!"

"People ask me why I left, and I always say I wanted to spend more time with my daughter and stuff like that, but I left because I knew the organization wasn’t right."

"You have a guy that comes in who’s a team chaplain basically or a character coach, and I give him credit he’s good at that. That’s what he’s good at. But you have a guy basically running your organization that don't know nothing about football. So why would I want to be a part of something like that?"

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This is what Andre Johnson had to say about Easterby and Johnson is not really somebody known for running their mouth.

"Since Jack Easterby has walked into the building nothing good has happened in/for the organization and for some reason someone can’t seem to see what’s going on. Pathetic!!!"

"People ask me why I left, and I always say I wanted to spend more time with my daughter and stuff like that, but I left because I knew the organization wasn’t right."

"You have a guy that comes in who’s a team chaplain basically or a character coach, and I give him credit he’s good at that. That’s what he’s good at. But you have a guy basically running your organization that don't know nothing about football. So why would I want to be a part of something like that?"
To be fair AJ did hang on for 2 more yrs, so the spending more time with his daughter stuff was a load of crap. He was an aging WR that moved on. Nothing more or less. What good has happened to this franchise since RS was hired or for that matter since RS traded for Derrick?

This is coming from a poster that would like nothing more than seeing Easterby drug by chain down Kirby.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

I wonder how he would answer those questions today.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Like his buddy McCown, he has no qualifications to be in the position he's in.
Great overall post, but this says it all. Why it's lost on his apparent fans is beyond my comprehension.

I've stayed away from this thread for several weeks, simply because Easterby is the little dog in the corner pooping everywhere but the owners don't care. I don't want to smell it anymore.

Today I felt like some entertainment and read up. And your point just nailed it. So little to do with media perception and everything to do with what we see as Texans fans.

Fortunately for us, Jack lost. Cal won. And I doubt Lovie lets his career get screwed over by this deceitful football Littlefinger.

Go Texans :texflag:

TexansBull

Hall of Fame

Is anything of that influenced from Hopkins or Watson when he said it?

The facts of the story has changed quite a bit since AJ made those statements. He made them back in January 2021. We didn’t know the extent of Watson’s “alleged” activities.

He was there in the press box with Cal. At Lovie’s press conference.

I don’t think it’s water under the bridge. I am sure Johnson doesn’t want to be in the same room as Easterby. I don’t think Johnson regrets his statements about Easterby. But he may have second thoughts about throwing the organization under the bus.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Great overall post, but this says it all. Why it's lost on his apparent fans is beyond my comprehension.

I've stayed away from this thread for several weeks, simply because Easterby is the little dog in the corner pooping everywhere but the owners don't care. I don't want to smell it anymore.

Today I felt like some entertainment and read up. And your point just nailed it. So little to do with media perception and everything to do with what we see as Texans fans.

Fortunately for us, Jack lost. Cal won. And I doubt Lovie lets his career get screwed over by this deceitful football Littlefinger.

Go Texans :texflag:
I’m not a fan of Easterby nor do a I have anything against him and both are for the same reason. What has he actually done good or bad? I’m not talking about vague allegations or things people post on here saying Easterby is to blame I’m talking about actual, proven things he has done.

Ok he and OB did a horrible job with contracts, fair enough but is that his fault or the fault of the person that gave him that power? For those that work in a company ask yourself if the owner came to you and said I’m going to put you in charge of everything, would you say “Nah I’m not qualified.” or would you think this is my chance to fix everything I see wrong and grab at that brass ring. I won’t speak for anyone else but I would grab at the brass ring, if I fail at least I tried.

People say Easterby is power hungry and is just looking to move up to GM himself, well no **** Sherlock. Everyone in an NFL front office wants to be GM and there are only 32 of those jobs available. Just like every coach no matter what kind of coach wants to be a HC.

Easterby is an easy target because he sounds like a TV preacher and looks like Voldemort and he may be exactly as slimy as everyone thinks. I don’t know because I’ve never met the guy and neither has anyone else. Ultimately though it’s up to the McNairs, Cal and Janice in particular, to not let any bad ideas that would hurt the team through. If they fail to do that then the buck stops with them.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I’m not a fan of Easterby nor do a I have anything against him and both are for the same reason. What has he actually done good or bad? I’m not talking about vague allegations or things people post on here saying Easterby is to blame I’m talking about actual, proven things he has done.

Ok he and OB did a horrible job with contracts, fair enough but is that his fault or the fault of the person that gave him that power? For those that work in a company ask yourself if the owner came to you and said I’m going to put you in charge of everything, would you say “Nah I’m not qualified.” or would you think this is my chance to fix everything I see wrong and grab at that brass ring. I won’t speak for anyone else but I would grab at the brass ring, if I fail at least I tried.

People say Easterby is power hungry and is just looking to move up to GM himself, well no **** Sherlock. Everyone in an NFL front office wants to be GM and there are only 32 of those jobs available. Just like every coach no matter what kind of coach wants to be a HC.

Easterby is an easy target because he sounds like a TV preacher and looks like Voldemort and he may be exactly as slimy as everyone thinks. I don’t know because I’ve never met the guy and neither has anyone else. Ultimately though it’s up to the McNairs, Cal and Janice in particular, to not let any bad ideas that would hurt the team through. If they fail to do that then the buck stops with them.
It's all about credibility and paying your dues in the NFL.

Easterby has neither to justify the influence and position he was given within this organization.

Just look at the perception of head coach between Lovie and McCown. One has earned his stripes, while the other has not even coached professionally and was going to be installed through holy nepotism. Like Speedy said, neither McCown nor Easterby are qualified for the roles we are talking about.

But, I don't care about Jack anymore. He's clearly been neutered and his role relegated in this franchise. He's now down to making sure the trains run on time and spewing pithy platitudes for those that need it. I don't care if he's doing logistics and I'm in the industry. His influence on football decisions has been greatly diminished.

With Nick and Lovie in position, we have actual football professionals that have paid their dues with decades long resumes. That's all I want as a fan, to know that football minds are running the show instead of someone that does not have a background in making those types of decisions.

Like I said all along, Easterby was just a sign of bad ownership. But, now that same owner seems to have stumbled into a good decision and I, for one, am glad for it.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
But, I don't care about Jack anymore. He's clearly been neutered and his role relegated in this franchise. He's now down to making sure the trains run on time and spewing pithy platitudes for those that need it. I don't care if he's doing logistics and I'm in the industry. His influence on football decisions has been greatly diminished.
Viruses remain dormant for only so long.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
To be fair AJ did hang on for 2 more yrs, so the spending more time with his daughter stuff was a load of crap. He was an aging WR that moved on. Nothing more or less. What good has happened to this franchise since RS was hired or for that matter since RS traded for Derrick?

This is coming from a poster that would like nothing more than seeing Easterby drug by chain down Kirby.
Amazing that instead of taking what our greatest player of all time, who never caused a lick of problems, at his word, you find a way to devalue and criticize him and defend the organization. Blows my mind. Andre Johnson leaving is irrelevant to his quote. Many former players have spoken out (although not naming Jack by name) about how this organization is run currently. We never had this problem before Jack came to town with players running their mouth about the organization as a whole.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Many former players have spoken out (although not naming Jack by name) about how this organization is run currently. We never had this problem before Jack came to town with players running their mouth about the organization as a whole.

I found this to be an interesting observation and wiki'd something else...

Robert McNair passed in November 18 and Cal took over. Easterby was hired in April 19.

So which one are ex-players talking about? Isn't it just as likely It's both of them?

Didn't most of those players also spend time here while ob was the hc?

amazing80

Hall of Fame

Robert McNair passed in November 18 and Cal took over. Easterby was hired in April 19.

So which one are ex-players talking about? Isn't it just as likely It's both of them?

Fair point. Although Cal has been involved for long before Bob passes. I lean towards Easterby coming into town, but thats just my opinion.

Texazan

Our HOF 34

Its fine grabbing for the brass ring and yea not JEs fault a dolt of an owner said ”it’s a great day to be a Texan Jack, have at it” but if you’re not qualified, and you know it, you have to know your limitations and reach out for guidance and advisement. It’s that simple. However it does come down to the owners inability to read the room and know what he’s got in house. Cal may not be a complete effin‘ idiot but he‘s a couple steps short of the finish line for claiming that title.

Last edited:

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
With Nick and Lovie in position, we have actual football professionals that have paid their dues with decades long resumes. That's all I want as a fan, to know that football minds are running the show instead of someone that does not have a background in making those types of decisions.

Like I said all along, Easterby was just a sign of bad ownership. But, now that same owner seems to have stumbled into a good decision and I, for one, am glad for it.
Well said.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Employees usually complain when there's change.