Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Jack Easterby

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
What does he know? He’s just on the marketing side.
Damage control after Bellichick's remark.......and the general skeptical response from fans and League personnel on the potential move even before Bellichick's remark. As I posted previously before the Bellichick comment, the Texans FO was seriously considering Easterby as more than the "interim" GM. Otherwise, the need for such strong formal counter announcements from the FO would be totally unnecessary.

Watching liars scramble trying to do damage control when the secrets are unfolding, is quite entertaining.

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
Hearing Osteen-sterby is no longer being considered for GM gives me hope the Obrienesque stench will eventually be washed off this team. It’ll take a while to undo when that imbecile and oseteensterby have done to the roster but at least it means moving away from this regimes colossal F-ups.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Damage control after Bellichick's remark.......and the general skeptical response from fans and League personnel on the potential move even before Bellichick's remark. As I posted previously before the Bellichick comment, the Texans FO was seriously considering Easterby as more than the "interim" GM. Otherwise, the need for such strong formal counter announcements from the FO would be totally unnecessary.

Watching liars scramble trying to do damage control when the secrets are unfolding, is quite entertaining.
Yep. There is no reason for the President of the franchise to make this announcement if it was merely an unfounded rumor.

Trial balloon popped and time for the spin. :pop: :spin:

Hearing Osteen-sterby is no longer being considered for GM gives me hope the Obrienesque stench will eventually be washed off this team. It’ll take a while to undo when that imbecile and oseteensterby have done to the roster but at least it means moving away from this regimes colossal F-ups.
What gives me hope is Gangsta' Cal. He might be real like Santa Claus, but it makes me happy to dream about. :bigboss:

CalGangsta.jpg

banned1976

sleeper mode

What I don't understand in all of this, why did they summon the Corn Fairy? And when he waved his magical corn cob did Easterby mysteriously appear out of a golden field of Cal's fevered dream? What terrible hold does this Corn Fairy have over the McNair's?

1605736111459.png

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
What I don't understand in all of this, why did they summon the Corn Fairy? And when he waved his magical corn cob did Easterby mysteriously appear out of a golden field of Cal's fevered dream? What terrible hold does this Corn Fairy have over the McNair's?

View attachment 7047
What's going on with the Texans GM/HC search is mostly facade. I can't at this point in time share it on the board, but there are much more shenanigans going on regarding the search.........things which I hope the Texans aren't nailed for before it's all over.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I am throwing something out there. Easterby has whispered in Cal's ear that Caserio and Belichek are both interested in coming to Texans after this season. This could cause NFL concern over Rooney Rule plus both Nick and Bill are under contract. There is no QB better than Watson where NE will be picking.

Also lets Josh McDaniel move up on NE.

banned1976

sleeper mode
What's going on with the Texans GM/HC search is mostly facade. I can't at this point in time share it on the board, but there are much more shenanigans going on regarding the search.........things which I hope the Texans aren't nailed for before it's all over.
Give me a hint. If they are nailed for these shenanigans, could future picks be in jeopardy? Or is it bigger than that?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Just because you're employed by a football team, doesn't mean you're "in football". Amy Palcic has been "in football" since 1999. I ain't making her VP of Football Operations either, no matter how good she was at the job she had.

And Jack and OB were hand in hand on the bad trades and contracts the last couple of years. As much blame that goes to OB for what he's done from the GM seat, just as much should be going to Pastor Jack.
From what I've heard more blame should be going to pastor Jack. I've also heard lately that although Pastor Jack isn't going to be the GM he's going to remain with the Texans org after the new regime is hired. This is a reversal from what I've previously heard. Even with the new regime Pastor Jack and his culture BS will remain in place behind the scenes and you know the snake oil salesman will have Cletus ear. This means even with the new regime nothing within the Texans org will fundamentally change.

Meanwhile the Chiefs just picked up Deandre Baker.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I wonder why the Giants let him go.
Doesn't matter, once the charges were dropped the Chiefs immediately signed him up. They only care about winning and this is the type of org that the Texans have to beat if they want to win a SB. With the Texans Not Texans Worthy policy the Texans will never catch up with teams like the Chiefs who only care about winning.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I don't buy that Cal is thinking of him for the GM position. I just can't.
OK, I get that. But, Cal named Easterby the interim GM after the O'Brien axing when he had experienced football guys in the personnel department. Still chose Easterby. This guy is Rasputin. Until he's gone, the holy man with mystical powers will still be whispering in the Tsar's ear.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Doesn't matter, once the charges were dropped the Chiefs immediately signed him up. They only care about winning and this is the type of org that the Texans have to beat if they want to win a SB. With the Texans Not Texans Worthy policy the Texans will never catch up with teams like the Chiefs who only care about winning.
I get your overall point. You've got to take some chances sometimes. Still, Baker is not good enough to warrant special consideration. Doesn't have catch up speed, doesn't have good ball skills. A lot of teams passed on Baker, not just because of his police blotter.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
This has to be the most depressing thread in TT history. We can see the car being driven off the cliff and there is nothing we can do. To go from the OB years directly to the Easterby years is too much to handle.

The football gods finally gave us a franchise QB, but cursed us with the ineptitude of an ownership to be a influenced by someone who has no business in an NFL front office.

You couldn’t make this stuff up.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I get your overall point. You've got to take some chances sometimes. Still, Baker is not good enough to warrant special consideration. Doesn't have catch up speed, doesn't have good ball skills. A lot of teams passed on Baker, not just because of his police blotter.
We agree on Baker and I'm glad that you get where I'm coming from. The Texans need to change the way they acquire players if they want to compete with teams like the Chiefs. I've been saying this since 2007.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This has to be the most depressing thread in TT history. We can see the car being driven off the cliff and there is nothing we can do. To go from the OB years directly to the Easterby years is too much to handle.

The football gods finally gave us a franchise QB, but cursed us with the ineptitude of an ownership to be a influenced by someone who has no business in an NFL front office.

You couldn’t make this stuff up.
A franchise QB?

Texansballer74

The Marine
What’s good for the goose is in this case good for the gander. Bill O’Brien was one of the reasons why Rick Smith was canned. And the slick back stabbing crap came back to bite him in the ash tray.

Man this organization is ash backwards and dysfunctional. Poppa McNair is twisting and turning in his grave right now about this foolishness.

Last edited:

Texian

Hall of Fame
TK,
Sorry, when I first posted the link, I checked it and it worked. But somehow along the way, it became corrupted. I re-attached the link to the original post and it should now be working again.

THIS IS A COPY OF THAT PODCAST REGARDING EASTERBY [THE JACK EASTERBY CONUNFRUM] THAT EVERYONE SHOULD LISTEN TO!!!!
I'm not a fan of Easterby but this was nothing more than a character assassination by Florio in retribution for the firing of Amy Palcic. Oddly enough Easterby did not fire Palcic, Rootes said he was responsible and made the decision.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I'm not a fan of Easterby but this was nothing more than a character assassination by Florio in retribution for the firing of Amy Palcic. Oddly enough Easterby did not fire Palcic, Rootes said he was responsible and made the decision.
And you really believe that? You might want to know that Amy and O'Brien were friends She knew quite well what Easterby was responsible for, especially in the repeated irresponsible negotiation category.........something that he let O'Brien take the falls for.......... she knew who was running that big show and she did not find kind words for that and to O'Brien's firing, all of which Easterby was directly responsible for.

Texian

Hall of Fame
And you really believe that? You might want to know that Amy and O'Brien were friends She knew quite well what Easterby was responsible for, especially in the repeated irresponsible negotiation category.........something that he let O'Brien take the falls for.......... she knew who was running that big show and she did not find kind words for that and to O'Brien's firing, all of which Easterby was directly responsible for.
I do believe it was a character assassination by Florio. No doubt about that. The other, Palcic firing, I was just going on what Rootes and McClain were saying. However your explanation makes a lot of sense. I guess this is where I do my mea culpa because I've never known you to be wrong and I haven't known you to harbor any political correctness when it comes to the Texans. McClain is neck deep in PC.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Auche wa wa! After the Patriots loss..er game will we have something new to argue about?
Roby controversy lasted only few days and no one thought much of our new leader not remembering names (Crennel not Biden). RAC in interview called Blacklock Blacklege; mispronounced Greenard and couldn't remember Coulter's name finally called him "our rookie receiver".

Something different, puhlease!

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
RAC in interview called Blacklock Blacklege; mispronounced Greenard and couldn't remember Coulter's name finally called him "our rookie receiver".
These rooks haven't done anything memorable. They have 7 games this season to make a name for themselves.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I dont know, did you?
Aren’t you the one asking questions?

Here - I will say it louder for you.

FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK!

Do you hear me now?

You don’t have to agree with me. But we all know your position and it becomes rather mundane to be having the same discussion over and over again.

It’s not that we keep saying it.

It’s that you keep looking for the argument.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Aren’t you the one asking questions?

Here - I will say it louder for you.

FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK!

Do you hear me now?

You don’t have to agree with me. But we all know your position and it becomes rather mundane to be having the same discussion over and over again.

It’s not that we keep saying it.

It’s that you keep looking for the argument.
Nope, it's you who keeps saying it

Eventually you'll see the light if you are willing to admit you were wrong is the question?

if I'm wrong I will man up and and admit it. I hope you're right and I'm wrong

Last edited:

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Nope, it's you who keeps saying it

Eventually you'll see the light if you are willing to admit you were wrong is the question?

if I'm wrong I will man up and and admit it. I hope you're right and I'm wrong
You are delirious.

Go through my posts and see how many times I have called Watson a franchise QB.

Go through your posts and count how many times you have argued that Watson isn’t a franchise QB. That’s not even counting the number of different posters...

It’s just a tired argument you keep on looking to have.

No one cares hear about your opinion on Watson. We already know. I will say it louder in case you didn’t hear me the first time:
- NO ONE CARES! WE ALREADY KNOW!

It’s not really a point of who is right or wrong. The ownership and FO will ruin any player we have. AJ, Watt, Hopkins, and now Watson. We can’t have nice things.

But I do love how you like to use “I hope I am wrong” as a cover. As if that means anything.

Texian

Hall of Fame
What did Florio say about Easterby that was inaccurate? Stating facts does not equal character assassination.
Yes Florio did have a few facts to help support and go along with a lot of his opinions, supposition and innuendo. Still does not change the fact that whole purpose of this video vlog was to demean, attack and destroy Easterby's reputation. Who the hell is Florio to say who should and shouldn't be hired in the NFL? BTW Chris Sims is nothing more than Florio's butt licker. As I've said before I am no fan of Jack Easterby, I will be happy the day we see him go, but by all measures Florio is the one who is the bigger jerk.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You are delirious.

Go through my posts and see how many times I have called Watson a franchise QB.

Go through your posts and count how many times you have argued that Watson isn’t a franchise QB. That’s not even counting the number of different posters...

It’s just a tired argument you keep on looking to have.

No one cares hear about your opinion on Watson. We already know. I will say it louder in case you didn’t hear me the first time:
- NO ONE CARES! WE ALREADY KNOW!

It’s not really a point of who is right or wrong. The ownership and FO will ruin any player we have. AJ, Watt, Hopkins, and now Watson. We can’t have nice things.

But I do love how you like to use “I hope I am wrong” as a cover. As if that means anything.
Back at you

The Texans still don't have a championship level QB. So you shouldn't be using terms like franchise QB. Stop doing this and I will stop replying like I do.

What's wrong with me hoping I'm wrong?