Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

Welcome to Houston Jack Easterby

OptimisticTexan

Go Texans 4-3...Post OB!!!!!
Back at you

The Texans still don't have a championship level QB. So you shouldn't be using terms like franchise QB. Stop doing this and I will stop replying like I do.

What's wrong with me hoping I'm wrong?
Until the Texans put a championship type of team on the field....you have absolutely nothing to base your speculation on.

I’ve made this argument far too many times in the past and it appears I’ll need to do it again.
1. Show me in the NFL annals where a great QB hauled a horrendous team to a Championship.
2. If great QB’s haul horrendous teams to Championships.....why couldn’t Steve Young do it in TB? Young’s ability to be great didn’t happen until SF brought him on board. There are more success stories like Young’s in the NFL and some involve QB’s coming into their own once the team became great around them.....take bow Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, etc.

All you do is hold Watson to an impossible level of success while he’s surrounded by a horrendous team.....unless you wish to convince those on this board that Watson has been blessed with a competent FO, Coaching staff, talent on both sides of the ball, and yet he’s the one who prevented the ultimate success.

Here’s some reality.....without Watson, Texans don’t even come close to sniffing their weak AFC South titles much less the victories he provided. Texans would’ve been consistently drafting in the top 5 and OB would’ve been ducking up even more than what he destroyed in 1 season b/c the Texans did not do checks and balances.

You’re the one who should’ve been holding back on your slanted views until you had an opportunity to watch Watson perform within a competent and talented organization.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Until the Texans put a championship type of team on the field....you have absolutely nothing to base your speculation on.

I’ve made this argument far too many times in the past and it appears I’ll need to do it again.
1. Show me in the NFL annals where a great QB hauled a horrendous team to a Championship.
2. If great QB’s haul horrendous teams to Championships.....why couldn’t Steve Young do it in TB? Young’s ability to be great didn’t happen until SF brought him on board. There are more success stories like Young’s in the NFL and some involve QB’s coming into their own once the team became great around them.....take bow Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, etc.

All you do is hold Watson to an impossible level of success while he’s surrounded by a horrendous team.....unless you wish to convince those on this board that Watson has been blessed with a competent FO, Coaching staff, talent on both sides of the ball, and yet he’s the one who prevented the ultimate success.

Here’s some reality.....without Watson, Texans don’t even come close to sniffing their weak AFC South titles much less the victories he provided. Texans would’ve been consistently drafting in the top 5 and OB would’ve been ducking up even more than what he destroyed in 1 season b/c the Texans did not do checks and balances.

You’re the one who should’ve been holding back on your slanted views until you had an opportunity to watch Watson perform within a competent and talented organization.
This depends on if you think DW4's part of the problem or part of the solution.

I'm done talking about DW4 for today.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
No worries, you will be back posting the same thing about DW4 tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the next day and the next day...........

Sigh...It's going to be a long four years for you. Because eventually, you will be ignored.
Posters can choose to ignore me if they wish.

If DW4 doesn't start playing better then more than already have will start to come around. (You wont be one of them regardless of outcome, there will always be more excuses.)

Kinda like people started coming around on my stance when it comes to Texans ownership. But you do have 1 thing right, it's going to be a long 4 yrs.

OptimisticTexan

Go Texans 4-3...Post OB!!!!!

If DW4 doesn't start playing better then more than already have will start to come around. (You wont be one of them regardless of outcome, there will always be more excuses.)

Kinda like people started coming around on my stance when it comes to Texans ownership. But you do have 1 thing right, it's going to be a long 4 yrs.
Instead of putting the onus on Watson exclusively.....folks might take you more seriously if you recognized the fact that the team around him is horrendous and any victory he snatches from the jaws of defeat is a miracle in itself. As we all know...there isn't anyone else that's going to take this team over the threshold of victory.

Earl34

All Pro

LMAO. So, what if people come around or not? So what, if there are more excuses? Who cares? How many posters wanted the Texans to draft VY? Years later, does anyone post regrets about not drafting VY? You can look back at the history of this organization and it's littered with more misses than hits. So, what if Watson ends up being another miss? Rational fans hope for the best and if it doesn't work, they move on.

It might surprise you, but no one is keeping a @steelbtexan score card to give you an "attaboy" award for being right. Because in the grand scheme of things, most posters don't care. They are just trying to have a discussion about their favorite team without having to wade through your daily DW4 ramblings.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
LMAO. So, what if people come around or not? So what, if there are more excuses? Who cares? How many posters wanted the Texans to draft VY? Years later, does anyone post regrets about not drafting VY? You can look back at the history of this organization and it's littered with more misses than hits. So, what if Watson ends up being another miss? Rational fans hope for the best and if it doesn't work, they move on.

It might surprise you, but no one is keeping a @steelbtexan score card to give you an "attaboy" award for being right. Because in the grand scheme of things, most posters don't care. They are just trying to have a discussion about their favorite team without having to wade through your daily DW4 ramblings.

Instead of putting the onus on Watson exclusively.....folks might take you more seriously if you recognized the fact that the team around him is horrendous and any victory he snatches from the jaws of defeat is a miracle in itself. As we all know...there isn't anyone else that's going to take this team over the threshold of victory.
Earl obviously you think I care what other people think? I'm just pointing out things you dont care for very much.

To both of the above posts, I'm not commenting on DW4 tonight. Y'all already know my thoughts just as well as I know both of yours.