Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Jack Easterby

Interesting reading. Two of a kind butthead and Easterbutt. Vultures that swoop in when there is a crisis. ******* smooth talking politician types. BH swooped in on Penn State fiasco, EB swooped in on Hernandez debacle. Sounds like EB is the smarter vulture but really doesn't mean anything when your competition is butthead. We are still screwed. Just my opinion as always

How is he qualified? He didn’t come up as a scout. He’s never handled an NFL cap. He doesn’t have anything football field or team building related on his resume. And all of a sudden he’s the head of football operations?

I guess if he can evaluate like any of us behind our computer screens, then that’s good enough.

Being employed by the NE Patriots seems to be the only qualification some folks need. Low standards mixed with gullible naivety. Yeah, I'm talking about Cal. . .

Interesting reading. Two of a kind butthead and Easterbutt. Vultures that swoop in when there is a crisis. ******* smooth talking politician types. BH swooped in on Penn State fiasco, EB swooped in on Hernandez debacle. Sounds like EB is the smarter vulture but really doesn't mean anything when your competition is butthead. We are still screwed. Just my opinion as always

Chaos is a ladder...

Do the Texans know Jack? Faith in Easterby could be risky proposition

They all say the same thing about Jack Easterby.

He is likeable, energetic, influential and a great person to be around. To add a favorite Texas colloquialism to Easterby’s persona: He’s good people.

But some who know Easterby best – from his stops in South Carolina, to Kansas City, New England and NRG Park – always seem to add a proviso to the unquestioned respect the interim Texans general manager commands.

He likes power. The more, the better.

And if he doesn’t have power, he tends to cozy up to power, earning the trust of those who can help him rise to places most would consider unthinkable.

Full Article

And then this little nugget at the end of the article:

Only Monday, NFL insider Albert Breer said of Easterby, “If you talk to people who worked with him in New England … they were all sorts of suspicious of him. A lot of personnel people in the league wouldn’t trust him at this point.”

:hmmm:

Only Monday, NFL insider Albert Breer said of Easterby, “If you talk to people who worked with him in New England … they were all sorts of suspicious of him. A lot of personnel people in the league wouldn’t trust him at this point.”

Everything I have been told confirms that Easterby was the mastermind behind all the WTF contracts and trades that everyone heavily assigned to O'Brien. When Easterby came in, for whatever reason, he was asked by Cal to evaluate the Texans at every level. One of his first big moves was to fire one of the NFL's most respected salary cap mavens...........Chris Olsen..........Olsen who was the Texans' primary contract negotiator and responsible for some of the largest deals in franchise history. What was the basis for him even being qualified to do so??................he participated in a salary cap "internship" with the Jaguars. He left the Jaguars organization saying the job in salary cap administration just wasn’t for him. His takeover of overseeing/negotiating the Texans salary cap makes as much sense as me handing the knife over to my intern to complete one of my open heart surgeries.

Cal managed to leave out one of the most critical steps of organizing a successful NFL franchise..................Who evaluates the evaluator???? Or maybe he didn't...........Lord help us, it must be Cal!!

Last edited:
Everything I have been told confirms that Easterby was the mastermind behind all the WTF contracts and trades that everyone heavily assigned to O'Brien. When Easterby came in, for whatever reason, he was asked by Cal to evaluate the Texans at every level. One of his first big moves was to fire one of the NFL's most respected salary cap mavens...........Chris Olsen..........Olsen who was the Texans' primary contract negotiator and responsible for some of the largest deals in franchise history. What was the basis for him even being qualified to do so??................he participated in a salary cap "internship" with the Jaguars. He left the Jaguars organization saying the job in salary cap administration just wasn’t for him. His takeover of overseeing/negotiating the Texans salary cap makes as much sense as me handing the knife over to my intern to complete one of my open heart surgeries.

Cal managed to leave out one of the most critical steps of organizing a successful NFL franchise..................Who evaluates the evaluator???? Or maybe he didn't...........Lord help us, it must be Cal!!
Meanwhile on Kirby drive.....

ya-smell-that-willy-theres-a-shitstorm-brewing-you-dont-have-an-umbrella.jpg

Heard LZ this morning talking about 2 potential GM candidates (was in & out so I didn't hear who they were) and talking to them about their thoughts on the Houston opening. LZ said he didn't even bring up Easterby's name and both brought up their concerns with Easterby to him.

We may not know much about him but it appears he's known around the league. And if that's going to factor into a good GM deciding whether to come here or not, then this franchise might be doomed for another decade or so.

Heard LZ this morning talking about 2 potential GM candidates (was in & out so I didn't hear who they were) and talking to them about their thoughts on the Houston opening. LZ said he didn't even bring up Easterby's name and both brought up their concerns with Easterby to him.

We may not know much about him but it appears he's known around the league. And if that's going to factor into a good GM deciding whether to come here or not, then this franchise might be doomed for another decade or so.
I really don't understand how Cal has obtain control of a $3B asset and is so willing to step aside and give full control to unqualified and inexperienced people like O'Brien and Easterby. SMDH.

Borat_in_Cologne.jpg

Here is a link to The Bench with John Granato and Lance Zierlein to listen online.

I really don't understand how Cal has obtain control of a $3B asset and is so willing to step aside and give full control to unqualified and inexperienced people like O'Brien and Easterby. SMDH.

My gut feeling is that it's not necessarily about winning with Cal, but rather being successful. Success is a by-product of winning, of course, but NFL franchises make lots of money regardless of the win/loss column. It's not a bad gig if you've got billions to spare for the initial investment.

The McNairs have always held character and culture in the highest regard, for better or for worse. They only want to win if they can do it their way. Easterby is a direct reflection of that mentality. His professional resume is clearly underwhelming, but he tickles Cal where it matters the most, and that's that wholesome culture perception. And it's why Nuk is no longer with the team.

My gut feeling is that it's not necessarily about winning with Cal, but rather being successful. Success is a by-product of winning, of course, but NFL franchises make lots of money regardless of the win/loss column. It's not a bad gig if you've got billions to spare for the initial investment.

The McNairs have always held character and culture in the highest regard, for better or for worse. They only want to win if they can do it their way. Easterby is a direct reflection of that mentality. His professional resume is clearly underwhelming, but he tickles Cal where it matters the most, and that's that wholesome culture perception. And it's why Nuk is no longer with the team.
As many have agreed, Easterby is a Cal problem. Cal is a silver spooner and probably has never really done a hard days work in his life. Why he is so reliant on others to lead him around. Since Cal doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground, there will be many years of embarrassment for Texans fans and city of Houston. Hopefully this is what will lead Janice to decide to sell the Texans. Knowing it was Bob's baby and he is no longer around to keep it respectable, it is time to sell. That way all of her children can enjoy their full inheritance which they cannot enjoy as long as the McNairs own the Texans. And yes the team makes money regardless but nearly as much as the kids would make with the Billion $ as their part of the sale.

Last edited:

They're going to be doomed for atleast another 4 yrs whether Easterby is here or not.

As many have agreed, Easterby is a Cal problem. Cal is a silver spooner and probably has never really done a hard days work in his life. Why he is so reliant on others to lead him around. Since Cal doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground, there will be many years of embarrassment for Texans fans and city of Houston. Hopefully this is what will lead Janice to decide to sell the Texans. Knowing it was Bob's baby and he is no longer around to keep it respectable, it is time to sell. That way all of her children can enjoy their full inheritance which they cannot enjoy as long as the McNairs own the Texans. And yes the team makes money regardless but nearly as much as the kids would make with the Billion $ as their part of the sale.

Unfortunately death is the only thing that may save the Texans.

Knowing it was Bob's baby and he is no longer around to keep it respectable, it is time to sell. That way all of her children can enjoy their full inheritance which they cannot enjoy as long as the McNairs own the Texans. And yes the team makes money regardless but nearly as much as the kids would make with the Billion $ as their part of the sale.
You can't put $$$ into a better investment than the NFL. They basically print money. Great stadium deals, sponsorships, TV contracts, very favorable labor deal. Not to mention that owners can borrow against their NFL franchises for lowest interest loans imaginable.

Only a fool, or a large family in turmoil, would sell a NFL franchise. When it comes to $$$, the McNairs are no fools.

You can't put $$$ into a better investment than the NFL. They basically print money. Great stadium deals, sponsorships, TV contracts, very favorable labor deal. Not to mention that owners can borrow against their NFL franchises for lowest interest loans imaginable.

Only a fool, or a large family in turmoil, would sell a NFL franchise. When it comes to $$$, the McNairs are no fools.

Just time to hire football people to run the team.

The only hope is after Janice dies the rest of Cal's siblings will want to cash out on their inheritance.

The only hope is after Janice dies the rest of Cal's siblings will want to cash out on their inheritance.
Not sure why folks are having a hard time understanding this. Right now Cal is reaping and enjoying the benefits of all of his siblings Billion dollar inheritance. And making an embarrassing mockery of it. I'm not wishing Janice dies. Her 3 other children saying enough is enough Mom, the Texans are the laughing stock of the city, the time to cash in is now. I doubt Cal would be all that upset. The problem here is you never know what is on the other side. Could the new owner it be any worse?

Not sure why folks are having a hard time understanding this. Right now Cal is reaping and enjoying the benefits of all of his siblings Billion dollar inheritance. And making an embarrassing mockery of it. I'm not wishing Janice dies. Her 3 other children saying enough is enough Mom, the Texans are the laughing stock of the city, the time to cash in is now. I doubt Cal would be all that upset. The problem here is you never know what is on the other side. Could the new owner it be any worse?

After the past 18 yrs I would be more than willing to take a chance on new ownership.

What would the other McNair siblings invest in once they cashed out? Wind farms? Pork belly futures? Time shares? What are the investments that are better than a NFL franchise?
I would venture a guess that they have their own ideas that don't involve a football team. Pork belly futures were phased out and stop trading in 2011. You're assuming the siblings think like you.

Last edited:
We had this same damn conversation when they got rid of Smith and kept buckfutt bob

We had a chance to get rid of the CANCER that was that team but we only got rid of half of it. Bullshit about us not knowing who did what.
Same damn thing happening now.
Get you head out of your ass McNair and get rid of the disease completely.

just my opinion as always

On today's Jack Easterby firing of Texans VP of PR Amy Palcic:
@FitzyGFY
: "I had heard before that Jack Easterby may or may not have been 'sourcish' around the time of a famous ESPN piece..."
@DaleEArnold
: "I have spoken to a source who wouldn't disagree with your theory..."
Source

.NFL media trashing the Texans for firing PR chief Amy Palcic

As word leaked that the Texans had fired their vice president of communications Amy Palcic on Wednesday, NFL writers around the country began to fume.

Palcic, who joined the Texans in 2013, was the only woman in the NFL in charge of a team's communications department and, with her in charge, the team won the 2017 Pete Rozelle Award for tbe best public relations staff in the league.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported sources said Palcic was told she no longer was "a cultural fit" in the organization.

That fired up Blue Check Marks all over Twitter.

"If Amy Palcic isn’t a 'cultural fit,' then the Texans’ culture is absolutely rancid," tweeted ESPN's Jeff Darlington.

Source

lol A "culture fit"?? LMAO!! yeah, it's all about the footballs. . .right?

From the above article:

Charean Williams, former president of Pro Football Writers of America, tweeted: "The Texans have turned into one of the worst organizations in football since Bob McNair died. @amypalcic was the best. She certainly was too good for what the Texans deserve."

Former NFL receiver Donte Stallworth, who played for the Cleveland Browns in 2008 when Palcic was the team's director of communications, tweeted: "The BS 'cultural fit' the @HoustonTexans are talking about is that Amy cares more for the players than the organization does. Anyone in the NFL knows she’s one of the best at her job, hence the Texans couldn’t cite her performance, but bad organizations always find a way to lose."

NBC Sports' Peter King tweeted: "This is a stunning move. Stunning. @amypalcic is one of the best media-relations people I’ve met in my 36 years covering the NFL. Top 5."

Former ESPN writer Darren Rovell tweeted: "No joke, @amypalcic is literally one of the best PR people in the world. The relationship she has with her players is virtually unprecedented. Truth is, her being there hurts her brand much more. Won't be on the market for long."

ESPN's Field Yates tweeted: "So, the Texans fire their PR director @amypalcic because she isn’t a 'cultural fit' and countless reporters - who a PR director’s job is to work with daily - take to Twitter to express how terrific she is at her job. If she doesn’t fit, what kind of culture do the Texans want?"

Former Sports Illustrated writer and noted author Michael Silver tweeted: "Given that @amypalcic is great at her job, and it's early November, this ranks right up there with organizationally pathetic transactions."

USA Today's Mike Freeman tweeted: "So, to be clear, @amypalcic is one of the most talented, dedicated and smart PR people I’ve ever known. Whoever hires her next will get the very best." Freeman also added: "Deshaun Watson needs to get the hell outta there."

NFL insider Matt Miller tweeted: "Disgraceful. Amy is amazing. What are the Texans doing?"

NFL Network's Stacey Dales tweeted: "This move is horrifying. Amy Palcic is a gem, to each and every one of us who covers the league."

And then, of course, our lapdog source from the inside, almost on cue:

John McClain
@McClain_on_NFL
After working with Amy Palcic for years, I want to thank her for her help and her professionalism. She's a pro's pro and will certainly land on her feet. I think she'll receive a lot of terrific opportunities and I hope she stays in the NFL.

Every other media personality is crapping on this fire, with the exception of John McClain, the Texans apologist on the ad hoc committee.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
The #Texans have fired VP of Communications Amy Palcic, the first woman to serve as the top PR contact for a team. Another move under Jack Easterby, who is now running football and will run their coaching search. From Brian Gaine to Bill O’Brien to Amy Palcic. Sweeping changes.

Matt Young
@Chron_MattYoung
Since word leaked about the Texans firing Amy Palcic, Blue Check Marks on Twitter have called the franchise: "rancid", "one of the worst organizations in football" "disgraceful", "horrifying" and "pathetic."

She's garbage. Look at her Twitter feed. Is she a ******* VP of comms for a professional football franchise or is she a political party activist?

Let her go after her true calling of journalism where she can write pieces about the stuff she cares about.

The Texans organization needs to be stripped down from top to bottom. This includes departments that don't necessarily relate to actual on-field product. The entire organization is cancer.

She's garbage. Look at her Twitter feed. Is she a ******* VP of comms for a professional football franchise or is she a political party activist?

Let her go after her true calling of journalism where she can write pieces about the stuff she cares about.

The Texans organization needs to be stripped down from top to bottom. This includes departments that don't necessarily relate to actual on-field product. The entire organization is cancer.
Just because you don’t agree with her politics doesn’t make her bad at her job... but I agree with your 3rd paragraph. Strip it all the hell down.

I breathe fine. Gotta' take a breath between each mouthful of popcorn. Even shit shows are entertaining. :popcorn:

I'm loving it.

BTW, what's all of the uproar over firing a PR director. It's not like she's irreplaceable. They can easily get a new PR director tomorrow. Just like they did when Tony Wylie left.

This is just the media looking out for one of their own nothing more or less.

I never thought I would say this but I'm in total agreement with The Matrix. Strip the entire org to the bones and build it back up from scratch with the new regime. This includes Palcic and the janitors at NRG.

Do I think Cal will do a full housecleaning? LMAO

This is scary if true. There's a chance, a good chance, that we will be worse off without O'Brien than we were with him when he was just the coach.

Just because you don’t agree with her politics doesn’t make her bad at her job... but I agree with your 3rd paragraph. Strip it all the hell down.

Doesn't have anything to do with what I agree or don't agree with. I don't really follow politics anymore so I don't give a **** about that part.

When you're in a professional position like hers and she's all over the internet blasting out that type of thing, that doesn't reflect well at all. I saw her posts a few months back and couldn't believe she was a VP of comms for an NFL team.

It was accepted because she's a woman and has the right viewpoints of course. But if it was the other way around nobody would care or rush to defend how well-respected he is, etc. It's just fake concern trolling. And if she's that great she'll go a better situation for her beliefs and skillsets. Win all around, tbh. Something our franchise doesn't really do, lol.

Back