Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston David Culley, Head Coach

?
One of the first things he said was that they have zero interest in trading Watson.
Seems relevant. Might just be me
Maybe I missed it but the first question I heard regarding DW4, he just went on about his and Culley first priority was staff and then said they were going to take care of all players and do the right thing

Was Culley lied to? Told Watson was no question staying? I have not had time to read this article fully yet

So... What offensive scheme is he bringing in? lol they keep talking about bringing people together which is a lie. But what is this team philosophy going to be? Honestly having a hard time understanding why anyone would want to play for them besides to collect a check.

That's an honest answer. I took this job because there's only 32 of them available. Hell, I'm more surprised that someone hired me than y'all are.
One of the things he couldn't say was "I'm really looking forward to working with one of the most exciting quarterbacks in the league. Who wouldn't want to work with Deshaun Watson?"

I'm just glad I didn't listen to the press conference.

Reactions: Max
So... What offensive scheme is he bringing in? lol they keep talking about bringing people together which is a lie. But what is this team philosophy going to be? Honestly having a hard time understanding why anyone would want to play for them besides to collect a check.
It's going to be the same offense as last year. They've stuck him with the people Jack and Nick want, one of which is Tim Kelly.

I don't know if there's ever been a HC with less power than Culley. And, he knows it too! He's just happy to have the title of head coach. He'll do what ever he's told to do. Not exactly a situation that is going to inspire players.

It's going to be the same offense as last year. They've stuck him with the people Jack and Nick want, one of which is Tim Kelly.

I don't know if there's ever been a HC with less power than Culley. And, he knows it too! He's just happy to have the title of head coach. He'll do what ever he's told to do. Not exactly a situation that is going to inspire players.
Yup I agree wholeheartedly, I'm not sure how this is going to inspire players at all.

BTW, I will not be at all surprised if Nick Caserio is in the press box telling Tim Kelly what plays to call. He was an offensive assistant in New England, which doesn't in and of itself qualify him to call plays but considering almost everyone now in the organization (outside of the players) are now in positions they're not qualified to be in, I would actually be surprised if Caserio isn't in the press box calling Kelly during games.

A "head coach" that doesn't even hire his own staff or decide schemes.
The neutered him at the door. It would be somewhat different if he was a defensive coach but he’s spent his 45 years as a position coach on offense.

It’s just so clear that they were looking for the right smiley affable minority YES man to be play the role of Bo Porter/seat warmer until clean cut yet inexperienced Josh McCown takes over as HC.

BTW, I will not be at all surprised if Nick Caserio is in the press box telling Tim Kelly what plays to call. He was an offensive assistant in New England, which doesn't in and of itself qualify him to call plays but considering almost everyone now in the organization (outside of the players) are now in positions they're not qualified to be in, I would actually be surprised if Caserio isn't in the press box calling Kelly during games.
#firejackeasterby

Give him a break? A man that was the only Person that would accept having Tim Kelly forced on him like an arranged Indian wedding. Yeah he inspires confidence.
lol watson was top of the league wtf more do you want? the defense let him down. i think that profile picture of yours is giving you the GM duties

I think I’d feel better about Hamilton as OC than Kelly. I wonder if they’ll can Kelly if Watson doesn’t stay.
I know Tim Kelly's offenses did not look all that exciting but the stats say he did a solid job. I am not really for him if DW4 leaves but maybe he can do a good job with a solid Qb,"if we actually can replace DW4 with a solid Qb." He is not my top choice either but I am trying to be positive.

lol watson was top of the league wtf more do you want? the defense let him down. i think that profile picture of yours is giving you the GM duties
Yes there’s nothing a qb loves more than an OC that stubbornly insists on running up the middle on first down for 1.5 yards to start just about every drive.

Do you watch the team or just look at stats?

Watson was good inspite of Tim Kelly not because of Tim Kelly.

Good one about the profile pic. That was clever.

There are no politics on this board. Please refrain from politics, less I start countering with remarks like "OB reminds me of Trump, is stupid and makes bad decisions" and we can't have those kinds of comments here anymore. :D
OK then, my bad, I concur and I will never say anything like Pelosi reminds me of OB's ball sack, old, dried up and wished it had penis to go with it. So I'll not say stuff like that. Let's keep on subject here, please. :mcclain:

Yes there’s nothing a qb loves more than an OC that stubbornly insists on running up the middle on first down for 1.5 yards to start just about every drive.

Do you watch the team or just look at stats?

Watson was good inspite of Tim Kelly not because of Tim Kelly.

Good one about the profile pic. That was clever.
but watson is a good passer? why not let the defense think this way? 1st down watson EDIT: russell wilson comes to mind

but watson is a good passer? why not let the defense think this way? 1st down watson EDIT: russell wilson comes to mind
I don’t follow.
Of course Watson is a good passer. Wish he wouldn’t hold the ball so long but some of those decisions lead to big plays downfield. All I can say is I believe in Watson far more than I believe in tim Kelly’s ability to scheme an offense.

I don’t follow.
Of course Watson is a good passer. Wish he wouldn’t hold the ball so long but some of those decisions lead to big plays downfield. All I can say is I believe in Watson far more than I believe in tim Kelly’s ability to scheme an offense.
well our head coach didnt have a passer more of a rusher. everyone figured lamar jackson out, BUT no one is figured of out to beat watson bring david into the mix giving he gave lamar jackson rushing career record in 2019. on holding the ball too long ffs hes the best qb we have some fan you are

The neutered him at the door. It would be somewhat different if he was a defensive coach but he’s spent his 45 years as a position coach on offense.

It’s just so clear that they were looking for the right smiley affable minority YES man to be play the role of Bo Porter/seat warmer until clean cut yet inexperienced Josh McCown takes over as HC.
It's going to be tough to beat up on a guy like David Culley, coming into this terrible situation. But we'll find a way.

well our head coach didnt have a passer more of a rusher. everyone figured lamar jackson out, BUT no one is figured of out to beat watson bring david into the mix giving he gave lamar jackson rushing career record in 2019. on holding the ball too long ffs hes the best qb we have some fan you are
English, do you speak it?
Can someone translate what this guy is trying to say because I can’t figure it out. I’m a fan. A fan since 1999 when they announced Houston got the franchise. A fan thru Capers, Kubiak, pendry, fat Travolta and Romeo. I am NOT a cheerleader that wants to hear BS and sunshine blown up my skirt/kilt.

English, do you speak it?
Can someone translate what this guy is trying to say because I can’t figure it out. I’m a fan. A fan since 1999 when they announced Houston got the franchise. A fan thru Capers, Kubiak, pendry, fat Travolta and Romeo. I am NOT a cheerleader that wants to hear BS and sunshine blown up my skirt/kilt.
sorry im scottish

Back