Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 9 starts in HTown: Eagles vs Texans

No reason to wait for the postgame analysis, might as well start now as it is so predictable.

Defensive line will get blasted and embarrassed on national TV this time
LB's will come up and fill the inside while the ball carrier sweeps by them on the outside, netting 8.5 yds/carry on the night
Defensive backs will play ok, probably get a pick, but defense gives up 31 points

Mills will have a couple of good throws where his pre snap read is actually right, 150 total yards passing, no TD's and a pick. He will complete 62% though, main yardage to the tight ends...
DP will run hard and get accolades on how he is being wasted and abused on such a bad team and he is the only weapon. Due to good coaching, Eagles shut him down for 55 yards on 20 carries
We will get 3 pictures of a dis-interested Brandin Cooks, at least 1 simple drop as he does not give a crap
If Nico plays, we will see him get re-injured for the year

Lovie will be stoic on the sidelines even down 28
Special teams will play a good game, Care Bear kicks a 43 yarder for our only points
A couple of comments on the sparse crowd should be on the agenda, or more likely how many Eagles fans are in their causing a raucous

Please no spoilers!!!

Hindsight is 20/20, but I think one of Caserio's biggest mistakes was not drafting a proper WR1 prospect with one of those 2 first round picks. Someone like Olave or Garrett who could play to Mills strengths in the vertical passing game and stretch the field and make plays. Instead, he chose Metchie. who even without the unfortunate blood disorder, would still have been coming off a torn ACL and probably wouldn't have been effective this season. What a blunder... Never gave this offense or Mills a chance.

Oh well. Hope he fixes it this draft before we go through the same ordeal with new QB in 2023.

Is mills even allowed to throw down field?

With Collins out and Cooks seemingly refusing to practice it looks like being Chris Moore across from Dorsett as our 1A/1B WR combo tomorrow night!

That’s it….time to throw the Eagles unexpected curveball. Yeah that’s the ticket.

Isn’t their TE’s on this team? Allegedly?

Yeah……to the tune of 4 roster spots. But Pep would prefer to keep them involved as decoys or on the bench.

In all seriousness Pep, this may be the game you try and utilize some 2 and/or 3 TE sets and set Moore or Dorsett outside. TE’s executing 5-10 yard slants and some seem routes. Something different than expecting Pierce to carry this offense. Use the pass to set up the run.

I doubt you will have to channel surf much after the first quarter. Most certainly by the end of the first half.

I doubt the outcome changes from what is expected before the game starts.... I suspect it will be all the more evident by then in confirming expectations.

But maybe it will be for the Eagles as it is for Jacksonville and it will be a tarp.

Yeah……to the tune of 4 roster spots. But Pep would prefer to keep them involved as decoys or on the bench.

In all seriousness Pep, this may be the game you try and utilize some 2 and/or 3 TE sets and set Moore or Dorsett outside. TE’s executing 5-10 yard slants and some seem routes. Something different than expecting Pierce to carry this offense. Use the pass to set up the run.
That would require Pep to be a competent OC. I'm not sure he knows how to do that.

I always want the Texans to win, always. I just consider that part of being a fan. Doesn't mean I don't think they'll have their asses handed to them tonight though. LOL

This is a game you might need 1 of these

View attachment 11006

Can I have a memory wipe before the game? That way I'll just forget it's on and maybe forget the past 3 years, too. lol

Good I hope every game is empty it’s the only way anything changes. I almost hope we get blown out every single game until it gets so bad here something has to change. Of course maybe that just means the McNairs move the team but who knows.

Let 'em leave. H-town is too big of a market to ignore. Maybe the third time will be a charm for NFL franchises in this city. Lord knows the first two have been unworthy of this fanbase.

Long term it gives us a better draft position and lets Caserio build the roster with higher draft picks. Winning this one games does absolutely nothing for this franchise. I'm here for the long term rebuild. Year 3 of a 10 year plan? Let's suck for awhile to build the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Yeah, football on 20 and baseball on 26.
I've got Prime but dunno how to record anything over there so looks like I can record the local channel so you know if we win tonight I can watch the game again with the recording.

I've got Prime but dunno how to record anything over there so looks like I can record the local channel so you know if we win tonight I can watch the game again with the recording.
when you go to Amazon, it asks if u want to watch from start or live, so it in its own way is recording for you

Cooks is out due to temper tantrum. Players pulling this type of stuff after recently extending their contracts need to be addressed in the next CBA.

You should not be allowed to literally quit on your team because you think you can be rewarded with a better team like Beckham did last season and Cooks is currently in the process of trying to do.

First...they deserve it. Second, sometimes you have to sweep out the nasty to get to the good stuff. Why wait? If they continue to get curb-stomped, we can possibly get a real HC or at least OC in here in 23, and we're that much closer to a real QB instead of the garbage that is Mills.
This is going to happen after this yr or next anyways. Why do you think they deserve it? BTW, I agree with you but probably for different reasons.

Last edited:
Inactives:

EAGLES
QB Ian Book
RB Trey Sermon
G Josh Sills
G Sua Opeta
CB Josiah Scott

TEXANS
WR Brandin Cooks
WR Nico Collins
G Justin McCray
OT Austin Deculus
DT Maliek Collins
LB Neville Hewitt
CB Isaac Yiadom

I Made a good profit on my tickets this week..I guess people were coming here from Philly. Sold before the rainout

Or they are confusing the Astros for the Texans.....which... is fair seeing the Astros are just as likely to score a touchdown tonight as the Texans.

Nope.

If that was the case that they confused the Astros for the Texans they would be forecasting the Astros err Texans to win.

Go Astros! Make America Mad Again!

Back