Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 6: Texans vs Saints

Huge defensive win here, exactly what you are paying for when you hire DeMeco.

A bit of regression in the O today, looks like CJ has some bits on tape that D’s are beginning to take away from him team being at .500 despite all these injuries is a huge positive.

I think this was a good win against an average-to-good team thats a good bell weather for how our season is going.

Huge defensive win here, exactly what you are paying for when you hire DeMeco.

A bit of regression in the O today, looks like CJ has some bits on tape that D’s are beginning to take away from him team being at .500 despite all these injuries is a huge positive.

I think this was a good win against an average-to-good team thats a good bell weather for how our season is going.
Yeah, they're going to have to start pushing the ball outside and down the field. Teams are really clouding up the middle of the field. They need to start taking some shots on some 9 or go routes along with those deep over routes.

...signed with them as an undrafted free agent?

Unreal.

This could have something to do with it… from Wikipedia:

Granderson was sentenced to six months in prison on July 11, 2019, after pleading no contest to sexual battery and unlawful contact from an incident in 2018 involving two women.[10] After 43 days in jail, on August 26, a judge suspended his jail sentence and sentenced him to one year of supervised probation instead.[11]

This felt like a game the Texans did not win, instead it feels like a game they just didn’t lose.
If this game shows anything it is the importance of your kickers. Missed field goals killed the Saints while Fairbairn was 100%. Johnston really flipped the field all game averaging 47.4 yards per punt including a 63 yarder. In a closely contested game special teams can make all the difference. I know it's boring but kicking is a crucial part of a winning team.

If this game shows anything it is the importance of your kickers. Missed field goals killed the Saints while Fairbairn was 100%. Johnston really flipped the field all game averaging 47.4 yards per punt including a 63 yarder. In a closely contested game special teams can make all the difference. I know it's boring but kicking is a crucial part of a winning team.

Yep. Falcons kicker made the FG to win the game last week. 49ers kicker did not this week. Saints kicker missed FGs that would have changed how they approached the final drive.

Yeah, they're going to have to start pushing the ball outside and down the field. Teams are really clouding up the middle of the field. They need to start taking some shots on some 9 or go routes along with those deep over routes.
There were a few Pi and defensive holding calls on the Saints.

This felt like a game the Texans did not win, instead it feels like a game they just didn’t lose.
The pass protection isn't there yet.
Tunsil was great last year; he's nowhere near that level.

Both defenses stepped up in the second half.

Our offense is supposed to be better than theirs, but their defense is supposed to be better than ours.

It was strenght agains strength so no surprise with a stalemate in the second half.

The one he picks he shouldn't have lol. At least we got a great stop. Where was this last week? 3-3 going into the bye is huge for this team. I see a solid season ahead after we get back some key players. The bye should help.
Demeco was not agressive at all with the defensive calls last week.

It’s looking like the defense will be bend but don’t break this season. Hopefully they acquire a Fred Warner at LB so this defense can just break offenses.

Right now, they don’t have a consistent wrap up tackler that can cover the middle.
Cash Man

Granderson had assault charges hanging over his head. Would have been a 2nd day pick, otherwise.
Why is it the Texans wont take chances on guys like this when other teams will? This gives other teams like the Chiefs big advantages.

Maybe the Texans (and some fans) are a little leary of ne'er do wells at this time.
Funny you mention this, they've never taken chances on guys like this, but they were willing to setup hotel rooms for towel boy to do his preying.

Anyone else trying to figure out why Pierce is not looking like the RB from last year?

I had a theory that the weight he lost has him around 200lbs. And he just doesn't have the power to break the tackles he did last year. I think he needs to add that say 10lbs back. He was drafted around 220lbs. If he indeed cut weight to be faster. IMO it robbed him of a bit of power. And for a "power back" so to speak, 10+ lbs didn't make him any faster or quicker. It made him lighter and he is not as powerful to break tackles. Thoughts?

Meanwhile, Singletary is only a few pounds over 200lbs (209-ish). And is more compact at 5' 7" vs 5' 10 of Pierce. So, he is running better due to his style. Pierce needed to put the weight back on. 10lbs or so isn't really helping his power, speed or cutting. Yet it is make it easier to bring him down. He just seems to be lacking the thump he had last year

Too bad CJ didn't set another record INT related. But, at least we stripped the ball on that INT.

Back