Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 5: Texans vs Falcons

This game will tell us a lot about the Texans. On paper, two evenly matched teams. Both talented with warts. The question is which team can impose their will on the other? Will this young Texans team have a letdown after stomping the Steelers? Will the Falcons be able to play keepaway from Stroud and run all game?

The Texans need to stop Bijan Robinson tomorrow. If they do that, they'll probably rack up their 3rd win.

That's what I feel to. They have to make Atlanta one dimensional and beat us with the pass. I really don't think they can do that. And if we can get our running game going some, it will take some ability to try to run away from them. Control the flow/clock and make them win by passing. If they can do that, we win.

Honestly think if any Texans team since probably Kubiak can handle the job it will be Mecos Texans. Oddly enough, Meco was a Smith and Kubiak draft pick.

Get 7, give up 3, key to victory. That is where our better QB will win the game. I think we can do more on offense then they can, so although Bijan is a beast, can be contained as field gets compressed

Get 7, give up 3, key to victory. That is where our better QB will win the game. I think we can do more on offense then they can, so although Bijan is a beast, can be contained as field gets compressed

You have to bring both safetys closer to the line to make it 4 LBs basically. 3 true LBs and I would use Nelson. Petri is good playing a little bit closer to the line, but JP is comingintohis own. Playinga bit closer means eithercan assist in the run game. After that, our front 4 need to push the pocket and do 2 things 1) Cover your gap 2) Try to close off lanes by controlling the OL of Atlanta. JP is able to read and react to the play (pass or run) and reaction to what the play is very well. Nelson is no slouch in this area either. Just moving them up a few yards getting the a bit closer to the line might help shut down the run game. True, they have to have solid gap assignment and closing lanes with the LB group as well. After last week it looks like we can do it

From the article
Falcons coach Arthur Smith said "the easy thing is to jerk the wheel” by benching Ridder after only four games in his first full season as the starter. Smith said he is not making a change this week.

Translation...

We're on track, right where we want to be. Caleb Williams will be a Falcon next season.

Texans win if, CJ can protect the ball/avoid sacks.
Texans limit the Falcon running game.

Houston has played two games against Lamar and Anthony Richardson. Our Run D isn’t as bad as the stats Show.

That team has weapons, scary, scary weapons.

Let's just hope no one figures out how to get the ball to them properly.
Drafttek has them taking QB Sanders + WR Troy William (my guy) + CB Josh Newton from TCU and in round 4 with their second selection A&M Ainius Smith who is looking good vs Bama today. That would get an excellent grade.

With Howard being activated off IR it looks like the starting OL will be:

LT Tunsil
LG Howard
C Patterson
RG Mason
RT Fant

With the OL still hobbled by injury it looks like they’ll plug Howard in wherever there’s a leak as long as he can play with that club. Maybe when Scruggs gets back they’ll move one of the rookies to LG and put Howard back at RT. But for now the leak is LG.

Drafttek has them taking QB Sanders + WR Troy William (my guy) + CB Josh Newton from TCU and in round 4 with their second selection A&M Ainius Smith who is looking good vs Bama today. That would get an excellent grade.
Ainius? There is no "I" in "Anus"

No, I will NOT grow up.

I did stop my wife watching her show earlier today thinking it was Sunday...... guess its been awhile since I was excited 4 games going into the 5th into the season.

Thankfully it didn't take long to click seeing the college games to make me realize......

Ainius? There is no "I" in "Anus"

No, I will NOT grow up.

I did stop my wife watching her show earlier today thinking it was Sunday...... guess its been awhile since I was excited 4 games going into the 5th into the season.

Thankfully it didn't take long to click seeing the college games to make me realize......
There is a u anus.

I made a mistake in my first sentence...................I meant to say RB not QB.
I think it will be incorrect either way. I can see Stroud having a great statistic game and Texans lose and I could also see Bijan having a great statistic game and Atlanta losing. What I think is going to happen is both CJ and Robinson will do quite well and I am predicting a Texans win.

Robinson has a lot of yards and a per carry average of 6 but zero touchdowns. I do not follow Falcons close enough to know if his yardage has led to many touchdowns for the offense.

Robinson has a lot of yards and a per carry average of 6 but zero touchdowns. I do not follow Falcons close enough to know if his yardage has led to many touchdowns for the offense.
I normally kill time during the week leading up to a game surfing the oppositions message boards. I don't really join cause outside of that week I will mostly forget that forum exists.

However I couldn't really find one that seemed active, so to be fair I don't think even the fans follow the Falcons closely.

Have to go to a damn daytime wedding for some fuckin reason so I won't be able to watch but hopefully I can watch on my phone.

Hopefully we can win. Keep stringing improvements together. Let's go baby.

Reactions: JB
I normally kill time during the week leading up to a game surfing the oppositions message boards. I don't really join cause outside of that week I will mostly forget that forum exists.

However I couldn't really find one that seemed active, so to be fair I don't think even the fans follow the Falcons closely.
You find them on facebook groups these days. Unfortunately FB dumbed ‘em down real good. They’re hard to read.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Have to go to a damn daytime wedding for some fuckin reason so I won't be able to watch but hopefully I can watch on my phone.

Hopefully we can win. Keep stringing improvements together. Let's go baby.

Let’s hope something great happens when the preacher asks, if there’s anyone who opposes this union……and you jump up and yell…..DUCK YEAH!!!!! LOL

Back