Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 5 - Patriots Bowl

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
This one goes squarely on coaching. After playing so well to take a 22-9 lead, makes you think maybe the coaching is in on the process and not results thing too? Probably not. Could be the coaching ain’t all that.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
That loss is 100% on Culley. This guy needs to go coach a Jr High somewhere. He is a lousy HC
If 1 guy is going to carry the burden of this loss…..it’d Fairbairn. He left 5 points on the field. If he felt too injured to kick the ball, he should’ve expressed those concerns before he was made starting kicker this week.

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I agree this loss is on Culley but more like 70% blame. Good play execution would have made the difference.
For a guy with over 30 years NFL coaching experience, Culley sure makes a lot of bad decisions!
He’s basically a rookie head coach. He probably got too excited with a lead over the patriots and started outthinking himself.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
& as bad as ST was today….Penalties still were more responsible for this loss.

that drive before the half when Conley got tackled on the 3…2 straight holding penalties costed us a TD there. Then Collins on that terrible penalties on a 3rd and 16 all but sealed the game on that last drive for the Pats.

Toro Bravo

Rookie
It sucks cuz this game was both well coached in terms of prep for Mills and creativity and AGGRESSIVENESS on fourth downs, and TERRIBLY coached in terms of other decision making and time management.

Interesting dichotomy.
Agreed. I hope NC actually sits down with Culley and goes over those situations for answers of "What The Hell Were You Thinking?"

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
It's a Texans tradition for the head coach to choke a win into a loss.
That is why I wanted to see if things were different this season. We didnt need an allstar roster to know if the cracks in the foundation were fixed.

Seems they arent and until they are... anything built will crumble, time and time again.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Wow, could this be going the opposite as a high scoring game?
You guys might disregard it as a conspiracy, but I'm telling you it's a set up.

Looks like a quack, walk like a quack.

This game should have been a snooze fest, but no.

The Texans couldn't get a consistent pass rush nor a run stop with all those back up on their Oline.

The Pats secondary were leaving guys open or just open enough.
Chris Moore? For real?
How many casual Texans fans even know he's on the team.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans

The Texans couldn't get a consistent pass rush nor a run stop with all those back up on their Oline.

Chris Moore? For real?
Teams will know Chris Moore is on the Texans after today. They might’ve noticed Conley as well. This could be a help to Cooks in upcoming games.

Texansballer74

The Marine

Chris Moore? For real?
That’s why I will not put any extra effort to seeing them play anymore. They’re basically saying F the fans.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Teams will know Chris Moore is on the Texans after today. They might’ve noticed Conley as well. This could be a help to Cooks in upcoming games.
It will be interesting what they do with Moore after this week. Pretty obvious someone who gets 100+ yards and a td against the Pats will get plucked off an NFL practice squad.

Cannon went to IR and to my knowledge his roster spot hasn’t been filled. Maybe that will by the team time to have Moore on active roster and let the WR room shakeout a bit once Nico Collins and Amendola get back. Also have Davion Davis now and a sleep deprived new dad Conley who played pretty well!

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame

Chris Moore? For real?
The NFL did get into bed with sports gambling pretty blatantly… and to my knowledge there hasn’t been a low scoring NFL game indoors in quite some time. Only when bad weather outdoors affect both teams.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
That’s why I will not put any extra effort to seeing them play anymore. They’re basically saying F the fans.
I'm pretty sure the "F the fans" was clear when OB failed up.... repeatedly.... thus leading to most of the dumpster fire we find ourselves with.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
I'm pretty sure the "F the fans" was clear when OB failed up.... repeatedly.... thus leading to most of the dumpster fire we find ourselves with.
When OB became GM and traded Hopkins for peanuts I boycotted the team last year. Once a new regime came in I came crawling back because I am a glutton for punishment and even though my Sundays were way more productive I am a Texans football addict. I can think of way cooler addictions but this is my cross to bear :(

Porky

Hall of Fame
I agree this loss is on Culley but more like 70% blame. Good play execution would have made the difference.
For a guy with over 30 years NFL coaching experience, Culley sure makes a lot of bad decisions!
Probably splitting hairs but I will go with your 70%. There was lousy execution on ST, defense was bad in the 4th qtr, online still can’t run block. That said this guy can’t coach his way out of a paper bag. He is certainly a nicer personality than the previous HC but he is even more clueless. And that is hard to do. He is in way over his head.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I think Culley is learning just as much as Mills or any other rookie. I wouldn't make any definitive judgments about who he is just yet. Even he doesn't know. We can see he's figuring this stuff out as he goes.

Two amazing throws by Mills & one save yourass penalty almost won a game for him.

Just like Saleh... too early with what he's got to work with to say. Both of them have some good & some bad & we'll probably know this time next season.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Texans have soo many players who aren't good at football but are friends with Esterbunny, that they're at a competitive disadvantage. Merci, DJ, Murray, Buckhead are as worthless as they come