Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 4: Pittsburgh Steelers vs Houston Texans.

I mean, yes. But... this line is beyond patchwork at this point. Keeping Stroud upright is a huge win at this point.

I just refuse to have expectations of this team until at least the bye week. Because we added four Oline JAGs to New Coach, New OC and New QB.
Same. They have played well across the board in one out of three games. In that one game they still had problems running the ball and stopping the run. And even in that game I wasn’t sure the Texans would win until homeboy muffed the kickoff and ran it back for a touchdown.

The Texans have a lot to improve on until I start to say “the Texans should win this one.”

Same. They have played well across the board in one out of three games. In that one game they still had problems running the ball and stopping the run. And even in that game I wasn’t sure the Texans would win until homeboy muffed the kickoff and ran it back for a touchdown.

The Texans have a lot to improve on until I start to say “the Texans should win this one.”

Yeah, we haven't graduated from "can win" to "should win" just yet.

If Strausser is a good coach, worthy to climb the ranks, he can make lemonade. Meaning he doesn't need 5 bluechip studs to create a sliver of a crease.

Granted the line he's working with has only been together for a little while & they've managed to create a workable pocket for the QB, while they still need to improve in the passing game, they need a lot of improvement in the run game.

2.5 ypc for Pierce means he's getting hit at/behind the LOS & that's not good. Lot's of room for improvement with the talent he has.

Then again, Singletary ran for 4.6 ypc, so...
He's doing a fantastic job with the talent he has to work with and he's doing it on short notice. No ol other than Mason would be starting in the NFL.

I like how he's developing Patterson and hope he can do the same with Scruggs. The rest of the guys are backups that are playing now.

If CJ can continue to show poise against this pass rush and behind this OL then I will be mighty impressed. I’m not expecting too much from the result today.

The defensive options look much improved, our top 3 safeties being available will be huge. I got the impression that part of Jimmy Ward agreeing to sign with the Texans was a commitment that he wasn’t going to move around positions to play CB, but here we are with it looking like an obvious move for him to drop down to Nickel with the good play of Eric Murray this season, Pitre back to fitness, will be interesting to see if he’s willing to take one for the team.

Steelers and Texans are both about middle of the pack on passing defense. Rushing defense Texans middle of the pack, Steelers near the bottom.

Texans passing offense 6th in league in yards, Steelers offense middle of the pack. Both Texans and Steelers rushing offense bottom of the league.

Stats and home field advantage give the Texans a slight edge, but it's the Steelers. CJ Stroud is going to have to win this game on his own if we are to do it.

If CJ can continue to show poise against this pass rush and behind this OL then I will be mighty impressed. I’m not expecting too much from the result today.

The defensive options look much improved, our top 3 safeties being available will be huge. I got the impression that part of Jimmy Ward agreeing to sign with the Texans was a commitment that he wasn’t going to move around positions to play CB, but here we are with it looking like an obvious move for him to drop down to Nickel with the good play of Eric Murray this season, Pitre back to fitness, will be interesting to see if he’s willing to take one for the team.
I thought Arnold did a good job next week. Leaving Ward at safety.

The Jags seem to have started well today at Wembley, is this a performance swing or evidence that the Texans are better than maybe we thought?

Steelers and Texans are both about middle of the pack on passing defense. Rushing defense Texans middle of the pack, Steelers near the bottom.

Texans passing offense 6th in league in yards, Steelers offense middle of the pack. Both Texans and Steelers rushing offense bottom of the league.

Stats and home field advantage give the Texans a slight edge, but it's the Steelers. CJ Stroud is going to have to win this game on his own if we are to do it.
I think you are giving the limited stats way too much credibility. Watching the Steelers play, especially their defense, they are much much scarier than their stats show. Predicting this game's outcome based on the 3 games of 2023 stats are likely to leave many on this MB entirely blind-sided.

I think you are giving the limited stats way too much credibility. Watching the Steelers play, especially their defense, they are much much scarier than their stats show. Predicting this game's outcome based on the 3 games of 2023 stats are likely to leave many on this MB entirely blind-sided.

The Texans aren't going anywhere this season, except for a few more rookie QB records that might fall to CJ. The Texans just aren't built for the playoffs, or are even close. All I want out of today's game is no more frigging injuries.

TEXANS INACTIVES

-CB Tavierre Thomas
-LB Denzel Perryman
-QB Case Keenum
-RB Dare Ogunbowale
-C/G Michael Deiter
-LT Josh Jones
-LT Laremy Tunsil

Some here are acting as if this is CJ’s first rodeo. I don’t see him getting intimidated, by either the Oline , or what the Steelers bring.

Steelers Inactives

No. 2 QB Mason Rudolph (3rd QB)
No. 6 P Pressley Harvin
No. 78 OL James Daniels
No. 89 WR Gunner Olszewski
No. 96 NT Breiden Fehoko

The Texans aren't going anywhere this season, except for a few more rookie QB records that might fall to CJ. The Texans just aren't built for the playoffs, or are even close. All I want out of today's game is no more frigging injuries.

If the Texans actually do win today, watching everyone start talking the talk.;)

The Texans aren’t going anywhere unless the AFC South really sucks this year. Which is on the table. I could see a 8 win team take it. And if we only slightly exceed expectations we can do that. We aren’t playoff ready, but when has that stopped the Texans before?

“Back to Back AFC South Division Champions Brian…”

Jesus Christ…there is a sea of obnoxious Steelers out here at NRG. I’m going to have to go do some shadow boxing in the restroom to warm up in case one of these rude ass pricks want to try something since I’m riding solo today. (The wife and baby boy are out on a play date with her best friend and her baby boy.)

Edit: Couple of my old high school buddies are actually sitting 2 rows down from me. All good in da hood now, lol.

Let’s Go Toros! texanpride

TEXANS INACTIVES

-CB Tavierre Thomas
-LB Denzel Perryman
-QB Case Keenum
-RB Dare Ogunbowale
-C/G Michael Deiter
-LT Josh Jones
-LT Laremy Tunsil

I wonder why Keenum is on the inactive list? He’s literally suited up and throwing passes out here right now. By the way, the Steeler fans have taken over NRG. Sounds and looks like a home game for them. Texan fans are outnumbered.

I wonder why Keenum is on the inactive list? He’s literally suited up and throwing passes out here right now.
Third QB rule:

"Teams will be permitted an Active List of 45 players and an Inactive List of eight players for each regular-season and postseason game. Provided, that if a club has two quarterbacks on its 45-player Active List, a third quarterback from its Inactive List is permitted to dress for the game, but if he enters the game during the first three quarters, the other two quarterbacks are thereafter prohibited from playing"

If the Texans are going to have any chance of pulling this game out they have to be better in the red zone than they were against the Jaguars. They settled for too many field goals.

I wonder why Keenum is on the inactive list? He’s literally suited up and throwing passes out here right now. By the way, the Steeler fans have taken over NRG. Sounds and looks like a home game for them. Texan fans are outnumbered.
emergency qb....they allow a spot in case its needed. I believe thats the reason...
Late w/ my post. Austrian has posted on it.

Notice also that it's Keenum we often saw with the QB coach (who doesn't have all that much experience himself) and Stroud on the bench rather than Mills?

I suspect that there was a mutual agreement and Keemum is transitioning himself into a coaching career; something he had professed to be of interest in the past.

During Mike Tomlin’s HC career, the Steelers are 23-4 against rookie QB’s. That’s strong.

Given that, the TJ Watt going against a bunch of jags, and their overall D…it will be special indeed if the Texans pull off the upset.

I’m going 20-17 Steelers in a highly competitive game.

Back