Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 4: Pittsburgh Steelers vs Houston Texans.

lukecolley1011

Practice Squad
"Experts" are projecting the Steelers to beat the Texans in a close game? I put a link down below for y'all to hear what Pittsburgh has been doing this year and I have a really good feeling that Houston has a good chance of winning this game.
Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 8.35.01 AM.png

"Experts" are projecting the Steelers to beat the Texans in a close game? I put a link down below for y'all to hear what Pittsburgh has been doing this year and I have a really good feeling that Houston has a good chance of winning this game.
View attachment 12729
This is going to be a tough game. If CJ can make a couple of big plays, I think the Texans have a decent shot at winning.

Two teams coming off convincing victories will meet in an AFC clash featuring the Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1) and the Houston Texans (1-2).

The defense once again came through for Pittsburgh in a "Sunday Night Football" win against the Las Vegas Raiders, but quarterback Kenny Pickett had one of the best games of his young career. If the offense picks up, there's no limit on how good the Steelers can be.

Going into the game with a genuine belief that we could win is a total culture change for me. But even I have to face reality. The Steelers DL will probably overpower our poor butchered up OL.

This game is probably more on Slowick than Stroud. If he can scheme some way to slow the Steelers rush then I really believe we have a good chance.

If I had to put money on this game, I'd put it on the Steelers as they're a safer bet. The Texans will most likely lose this one, which I hate to see because I want DeMeco to win a game at home.

But, as they say, it's why they play the game. Any given Sunday and all that horseshit. As long as CJ is still standing at the end of the game I'll be happy. We still got some division games left we're gonna win.

If our run game continues to be as non-existent as it's been for the first 3 weeks I expect we'll struggle massively as I can't imagine how this banged up o-line is going to deal with the pressure from the Steelers defensive front.

Our major hope is that Matt Canada is as bad of an offensive coordinator as Steelers fans would have you believe and we can try to win a defensive battle.

Well, Southpark put it most eloquently.

"Blame Canada"
MV5BMjI3ODY0NTM2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDkxMjI0MzE@._V1_.jpg

If I had to put money on this game, I'd put it on the Steelers as they're a safer bet. The Texans will most likely lose this one, which I hate to see because I want DeMeco to win a game at home.

But, as they say, it's why they play the game. Any given Sunday and all that horseshit. As long as CJ is still standing at the end of the game I'll be happy. We still got some division games left we're gonna win.
I predicted a loss last week hoping for a little reverse psychology and we got the win. Dang I messed up this time around and picked us to win.

Going into the game with a genuine belief that we could win is a total culture change for me. But even I have to face reality. The Steelers DL will probably overpower our poor butchered up OL.

This game is probably more on Slowick than Stroud. If he can scheme some way to slow the Steelers rush then I really believe we have a good chance.
If they dont do well I wont blame Slowik.

Strausser.

Is it a German dessert? A Nazi war criminal? An exotic sports car?

The all new Porsche Strausser .. lets face it... you dont care about 0-60 times any more than the woman whos underwear you're removing.... but like you and her...... we love it cause its expensive and over priced.... but at least its not an EV.

If its a dessert, sounds better than my wife dipping a tomato in sugar...

Unfortunately for Houston, it’s going to get a bit tougher before it gets easier. Offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil is set to miss another game while dealing with a knee injury, and potential fill-in Josh Jones won’t play in Week 4 thanks to a hand injury. As a result, the team is preparing practice-squad lineman Austin Deculus to be the starting LT on Sunday against the Steelers, per Wilson.

Unfortunately for Houston, it’s going to get a bit tougher before it gets easier. Offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil is set to miss another game while dealing with a knee injury, and potential fill-in Josh Jones won’t play in Week 4 thanks to a hand injury. As a result, the team is preparing practice-squad lineman Austin Deculus to be the starting LT on Sunday against the Steelers, per Wilson.

Well, at least they're leaving the rest of the line where they are and not shifting everything around. O'Brien was always shifting guys around when there was an injury. Leaving Fant and Mason on the right side where they're jelling to face Watt is a better idea than shifting Fant to the left side and sticking Deculus in to face Watt.

Well, at least they're leaving the rest of the line where they are and not shifting everything around. O'Brien was always shifting guys around when there was an injury. Leaving Fant and Mason on the right side where they're jelling to face Watt is a better idea than shifting Fant to the left side and sticking Deculus in to face Watt.

Should get Tytus Howard back next week. Sure could use him this week to shift to that left side though!

Agree keeping Fant at RT is the right move. Especially with TJ Watt coming to town. Best move in a situation filled with bad moves.

I do like Fant as the swing tackle when Howard/Tunsil are healthy. He will be a quality backup.

Should get Tytus Howard back next week. Sure could use him this week to shift to that left side though!

Agree keeping Fant at RT is the right move. Especially with TJ Watt coming to town. Best move in a situation filled with bad moves.

I do like Fant as the swing tackle when Howard/Tunsil are healthy. He will be a quality backup.
Has Deculus ever played LT? I know he was a RT at LSU.

Jones and Fant are quality backups.

:eek: Sure hope that's just a rumor

New here, I am a Buckeye and Steelers fan, so thought I would put my 2 cents in.

First off Pittsburgh O Line is still not very good and Pickett was a bad pick in my opinion. I wanted the Steelers to not take a QB last year, and trade up to get Stroud, mainly because Stroud's accuracy was with out question elite. I think you guys got an elite QB talent that will be a franchise QB for you guys. I think your defense will keep it close and will give you guys a good shot to win this game, as our offense is bad, with a bad OLine, a bad OC and a mediocre QB at best.

Our defense is legit, although not having Cam in there hurts us a bit vs the run. So I think our defense matches up well with your offense, but if you can get a turn over or two and score in the 20's+ you guys will win.

New here, I am a Buckeye and Steelers fan, so thought I would put my 2 cents in.

First off Pittsburgh O Line is still not very good and Pickett was a bad pick in my opinion. I wanted the Steelers to not take a QB last year, and trade up to get Stroud, mainly because Stroud's accuracy was with out question elite. I think you guys got an elite QB talent that will be a franchise QB for you guys. I think your defense will keep it close and will give you guys a good shot to win this game, as our offense is bad, with a bad OLine, a bad OC and a mediocre QB at best.

Our defense is legit, although not having Cam in there hurts us a bit vs the run. So I think our defense matches up well with your offense, but if you can get a turn over or two and score in the 20's+ you guys will win.
The Steelers had played two stingy defenses and a below average-to-bad defense.

The Texans defense is below average.
They had allowed the opponents to run for 110, 126, and 116 yards, at a 4.3ypc clip.
Until proven otherwise (by the Texans D), the Steelers running game will probably be the difference in this game.
The Texans haven't been good in the RedZone either; it allowed 8 TDs on 11 occasions so far.

The Texans' last win was aided by a once-in-a-bluemoon TD by the FB, a block FG, and a fumble recovery.

The Steelers are the favorite in this game; that's the bottom line.

What Strauser and Slowik are doing with this patchwork oline is totally underrated imho. Strausser is looking like our best oline coach since the late, great….umm damn I lost it. Y’all help me, the guy that coached under Kubes.

And I think they are being smart by not moving guys around. But these coaches are putting bandaids on gunshot wounds and somehow making it work halfway decently, save the opening half of the season when it looked discombobulated.

If we ever get healthy upfront, this group may yet be elite or at least damn good.

In other words, complimentary football with good special teams play and an opportunistic defense that generated turnovers.
True, but the Jags also shot themselves on the foot.
Texans are not talented enough to do it on a consistent basis.

Last edited:
Strausser is looking like our best oline coach since the late, great….umm
Eh... not saying you're wrong, I just don't know. The pass protection has been "good enough" but Stroud plays a part in that as well. Getting the ball out on time, sliding in the pocket.

I'll know Strausser is getting it done when Pierce gets three yards past the LOS untouched.

Then, it's on.

Eh... not saying you're wrong, I just don't know. The pass protection has been "good enough" but Stroud plays a part in that as well. Getting the ball out on time, sliding in the pocket.

I'll know Strausser is getting it done when Pierce gets three yards past the LOS untouched.

Then, it's on.
2.5 avg from Pierce is not what I was expecting from even this oline.

2.5 avg from Pierce is not what I was expecting from even this oline.

…..tough for any RB to run through what’s not there. When this OL is finally healthy and on the field together, Pierce and Singletary will make up for lost time. The good that comes from this…..the depth chart on the OL is game ready at any time, which should allow for a healthy rotation.

…..tough for any RB to run through what’s not there. When this OL is finally healthy and on the field together, Pierce and Singletary will make up for lost time. The good that comes from this…..the depth chart on the OL is game ready at any time, which should allow for a healthy rotation.
If Strausser is a good coach, worthy to climb the ranks, he can make lemonade. Meaning he doesn't need 5 bluechip studs to create a sliver of a crease.

Granted the line he's working with has only been together for a little while & they've managed to create a workable pocket for the QB, while they still need to improve in the passing game, they need a lot of improvement in the run game.

2.5 ypc for Pierce means he's getting hit at/behind the LOS & that's not good. Lot's of room for improvement with the talent he has.

Then again, Singletary ran for 4.6 ypc, so...

We have a chance to win this one. I am really hoping the coaches build on last week and put in place some creative ways to counter the pressure. I know Stroud can ball. Would love to get this home win.

If Strausser is a good coach, worthy to climb the ranks, he can make lemonade. Meaning he doesn't need 5 bluechip studs to create a sliver of a crease.

Granted the line he's working with has only been together for a little while & they've managed to create a workable pocket for the QB, while they still need to improve in the passing game, they need a lot of improvement in the run game.

2.5 ypc for Pierce means he's getting hit at/behind the LOS & that's not good. Lot's of room for improvement with the talent he has.

Then again, Singletary ran for 4.6 ypc, so...
Also to my knowledge Strausser has also never coached a ZBS so credit to him if he can get the line playing well in both phases.

Then, it's on.

I mean, yes. But... this line is beyond patchwork at this point. Keeping Stroud upright is a huge win at this point.

I just refuse to have expectations of this team until at least the bye week. Because we added four Oline JAGs to New Coach, New OC and New QB.

Back