Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 3 Post Game: Let out the EXCITEMENT!

Texansballer74

The Marine
Finally got us a Win baby let’s go.

Htown let the excitement thunderstorm all over Houston. We let out our frustration the past two weeks, now it’s time to shower down the excitement.

What a complete domination on all phases of the game. This was an entire team effort/win. There were a few hiccups but bump that it’s all about the love today.

I have to give credit to that offensive line and our OC. Well planned game plan and it was almost executed to perfection.

CJ is money dude, accuracy is on point.

We finally had a much needed running game. Good blocking by the offensive line.

Special teams special teams. Job well done.

Hey we own the Jaguars period!

Last edited:
After reading Jags message boards all week and all the "No way in hell do the Texans beat us."

Seeing the meltdowns now is one added layer of entertainment.

I get being confident when you feel your team is on the upswing.... but... no teams fandom in the AFCS has earned the justification for arrogance since Manning left.

History should keep everyone of our fan bases humble... unless they just want to repeat it.

Coaching really stood out to me today. OL no sacks given up is a monumental achievement from where we were.

CJ just looks better and better each week.

Slowick called a good game.

On D I feel that having Jimmy Ward back healthy at DB seeing the field and communicating was a huge bonus.

Just caught up with the Rugby and a huge and unexpected win for Wales against Australia to book their place in the Quarter Final. What a great day!

After reading Jags message boards all week and all the "No way in hell do the Texans beat us."

Seeing the meltdowns now is one added layer of entertainment.

I get being confident when you feel your team is on the upswing.... but... no teams fandom in the AFCS has earned the justification for arrogance since Manning left.

History should keep everyone of our fan bases humble... unless they just want to repeat it.
I don't even really understand their optimism. We definitely weren't favourites but we always beat them. Always. Even this injured team is better than the one we fielded the last two years and we beat them those years too.

They're the Trevor Lawrence team. Lawrence is fantastic but they have absolutely no identity as a team. There's nothing on offense that separates them from the rest of the NFL and there's nothing they do on defense that separates them either. When people pick them to win games or win the division it's basically just because Lawrence is good and he plays QB.

I don't even really understand their optimism. We definitely weren't favourites but we always beat them. Always. Even this injured team is better than the one we fielded the last two years and we beat them those years too.

They're the Trevor Lawrence team. Lawrence is fantastic but they have absolutely no identity as a team. There's nothing on offense that separates them from the rest of the NFL and there's nothing they do on defense that separates them either. When people pick them to win games or win the division it's basically just because Lawrence is good and he plays QB.

Trevor Lawrence is a JAG & I never saw it with him when he was coming out. He just doesn’t look like he has it to me. Tarzan body & measureables, but his game is closer to Jane.

Trevor Lawrence is a JAG & I never saw it with him when he was coming out. He just doesn’t look like he has it to me. Tarzan body & measureables, but his game is closer to Jane.
Oh I think he's legit, but they just don't have an actual identity as a team.

I do think he's still living on old college hype though. People will rank him up there as one of the best in the league and he hasn't done enough for that yet. I feel the same about Herbert.

Oh I think he's legit, but they just don't have an actual identity as a team.

I do think he's still living on old college hype though. People will rank him up there as one of the best in the league and he hasn't done enough for that yet. I feel the same about Herbert.
Herbert is more seasoned, but Lawrence has had enough time now so it's Herbert for mine.
One caveat - if Lawrence was under center for Chargers, it might even up a bit more.

Herbert is more seasoned, but Lawrence has had enough time now so it's Herbert for mine.
One caveat - if Lawrence was under center for Chargers, it might even up a bit more.
I think Herbert is good. He actually reminds me a lot of Stafford where you can see the talent but the pieces around him aren't necessarily there. It's just I always see him ranked next to Mahomes and Allen and I just don't think he's done enough to merit that.

Finally got us a Win baby let’s go.

Htown let the excitement thunderstorm all over Houston. We let out our frustration the past two weeksnow it’s time to shower down the excitement.

What a complete domination on all phases of the game. This was an entire team effort/win. There were a few hiccups but bump that it’s all about the love today.

I have to give credit to that offensive line and our OC. Well planned game plan and it was almost executed to perfection.

CJ is money dude, accuracy is on point.

We finally had a much needed running game. Good blocking by the offensive line.

Special teams special teams. Job well done.

Hey we own the Jaguars period!
They've won 9 of the last 10 in Jacksonville.

Coaching really stood out to me today. OL no sacks given up is a monumental achievement from where we were.

CJ just looks better and better each week.

Slowick called a good game.

On D I feel that having Jimmy Ward back healthy at DB seeing the field and communicating was a huge bonus.

Just caught up with the Rugby and a huge and unexpected win for Wales against Australia to book their place in the Quarter Final. What a great day!
Stroud playing well and good ol should go hand in hand

Agreed about Ward, he's the vet leader that knows what Ryans wants to do.

1) I thought it was great to see Stroud taking control. It was clear he was in charge in the huddle and they were abiding by him.

2) we are starting to look more and more like a WCO team which is probably why our line didn’t give up a sack. Remember, it’s a plug-n-play system. Therefore that alone made our line look better than it really is. I’m cool with it, it just means our guys are starting to gel.

3) Slowick made some great play calls today.

Man if you told me one of these qbs were a generational one and showed me their stat lines, I wouldn’t guess it was stroud
I don't know about generational talent; what with Leaf and Jamarcus Russell, etc.

Was Joe Montana considered a generational talent when he entered the NFL?
Tom Brady?

Then there were people (driven by the media) who thought Andrew Luck, RG IIi, etc. were generational talents.
(I thought they were very good, but I also said "hold that horse".)

If Mahomes was considered a generational talent, he would have been drafted first.

See how crazy things are?

To me, it's more of the matter how a HC/OC want his QB to operate within the system.

Everything else is either extra or (if fortunate, when the QB continues to grow within the system) an expansion of the system as much as the QB can take it to greatness.

1) I thought it was great to see Stroud taking control. It was clear he was in charge in the huddle and they were abiding by him.

2) we are starting to look more and more like a WCO team which is probably why our line didn’t give up a sack. Remember, it’s a plug-n-play system. Therefore that alone made our line look better than it really is. I’m cool with it, it just means our guys are starting to gel.

3) Slowick made some great play calls today.
^^^^
This

Processing, accuracy, release, footwork and leadership all there. In a good system tailored to his strengths. CJ Stroud growth and quick acclimation to the NFL is startling.

What’s not mentioned hardly, is his dedication to game prep. The coaches say he’s practically obsessed with film watching.

We could have a Peyton Manning on our hands. :D

What’s not mentioned hardly, is his dedication to game prep. The coaches say he’s practically obsessed with film watching.

We could have a Peyton Manning on our hands. :D

He reminds me more of Patrick Mahomes. Playmaker and gym rat. Difference being Patrick was a baseball player (pitcher but wanted to play shortstop) while CJ was a point guard in basketball.
Both applicable, competitive, studious, memorizing concepts and learning from mistakes.

Processing, accuracy, release, footwork and leadership all there. In a good system tailored to his strengths. CJ Stroud growth and quick acclimation to the NFL is startling.

I am not surprised whatsoever about CJ's success.

Pin Point accuracy and progressions were very apparent in college.

Nothing has changed.

The Texans haven't even gotten the TE involved which is a huge part of the offense.

Its going to get even better.

Lets be honest, they beat the Jags last yr.
And the year before that. And the year before that. And the year before that. And the year before that.

You get the idea. Now the young Texans know winning in JAX is their legacy.
Enjoy your 2 week European vacation, guys. The stadium formerly known as the Gator Bowl will always be the Texans home away from home.

There is that, but did Mills look like Stroud did today? Or was it the defense and running game that bailed us out then?

Last year, we won a defensive struggle behind Dameon Pierce's 140 yards rushing. Mills had a 81.9 passer rating (not QBR). Trevor Lawrence threw for more yards but he also threw 2 interceptions.

In yesterday's game, Lawrence threw for 1 less yard than Stroud. Lawrence's passer rating was 85.3... but Stroud's passer rating was 118.7.

Stroud was The Man and led the entire team to a victory yesterday.

IMO.

Back