Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 2: Texans vs Titans Gameday Thread

Hopefully they show up for the game today. If not, I don't even want to think about how this board will completely blow up.

On a side note, I'm making pork fried dumplings with sweet and hot sesame dipping sauce for the game. :)

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!

:texflag::fans::logo:

Hopefully they show up for the game today. If not, I don't even want to think about how this board will completely blow up.

On a side note, I'm making pork fried dumplings with sweet and hot sesame dipping sauce for the game. :)

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!

:texflag::fans::logo:

Nice to have you back, there, Sarge. :tiphat:

Weather in Nashville today SUCKS

Flood warning.

Gametime Conditions:

Cloudy, 74 degrees
Humdity 90%
35% chance of thundershowers
Wind out of the south at 11 mph.

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USTN0357?from=recentsearch

It's going to cost us Matt Schaub but I really like watching weathered games a whole bunch. I want to attend a rain soaked game once and a game in a all white out (snow) game. There's just something gritty and fun about those kind of games.

The talking heads on TV without exception are discounting the Texans from making any show of the game. We have basically gone back to joke status.
One comment sums up the way the Texans are perceived this week: "The Houston Texans will attempt to avoid their customary 0-2 hole."

Weather in Nashville today SUCKS

Flood warning.

Gametime Conditions:

Cloudy, 74 degrees
Humdity 90%
35% chance of thundershowers
Wind out of the south at 11 mph.

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USTN0357?from=recentsearch

We've had that flood watch since we got here, and it's sorta cleared up right now. LOL

WUNIDS_map

Look for us in the left corner of the endzone, the side w/o tunnels. :photos:

Standing here drinking with some nice Titan fans in the lot. Wanted to share this..general opinion from the Titan fans is that we suck..have an inept coaching staff which cannot utilize of players to their full potential. Their example is what the Bills did last week...they were coached up in fundementals and in the game plan. They also made adjustments when necessary. These folks see us as very predictable and very stubborn in our approach to a game plan. General score predictions are 31-14 or so....I'm getting another drink..but gonna enjoy the game.

Hey, look at the bright side, we won the last game we played in the rain

...of course that was preseason
:thinking:

...and against the Chefs
:whistle:

Hey, I'm searching for positives here
idonno:

Standing here drinking with some nice Titan fans in the lot. Wanted to share this..general opinion from the Titan fans is that we suck..have an inept coaching staff which cannot utilize of players to their full potential. Their example is what the Bills did last week...they were coached up in fundementals and in the game plan. They also made adjustments when necessary. These folks see us as very predictable and very stubborn in our approach to a game plan. General score predictions are 31-14 or so....I'm getting another drink..but gonna enjoy the game.

Good, we got them right where we want them.
Overconfidence....
just like us fans last week! :headhurts:

they may have a good point...

Getting ready to double check my fantasy football lineups to kill some time until the game. I can handle a loss if we play well and fight hard, however I can not handle another loss like last week.

I want to trade Andre Johnson. His value will never be higher and we've got too many problems on the team. We need to give our next head coach/GM a viable chance to build a team by selling him high. Remember how difficult it was for Kubiak and Smith while we were in cap hell?

Has to be to a true contender though. Will not sell him to a poor team. He deserves his championship. Houston does not deserve Andre Johnson after almost a decade of mediocrity.

*sigh*

Today is going to suck.

:fans:

No Jacques Reeves either, not getting a good vibe about this game at all, I smell an ass whooping coming our way.

I think our secondary will be fine today. We just need the run-stoppers in there. This is where we'll know if we made the right choice with Brian Cushing. He should shine today.

I want to trade Andre Johnson. His value will never be higher and we've got too many problems on the team. We need to give our next head coach/GM a viable chance to build a team by selling him high. Remember how difficult it was for Kubiak and Smith while we were in cap hell?

Has to be to a true contender though. Will not sell him to a poor team. He deserves his championship. Houston does not deserve Andre Johnson after almost a decade of mediocrity.

*sigh*

Today is going to suck.

:fans:

I threw that out there last season as well. It would hurt as he is one of my fav's, but we're 2-3 drafts away IMO and need massive help.

I hate the titans...

Not long til game time. I'm starting to get quite excited for this one...I think we can pull off a surprise. The inactives are a huge blow, but its just a chance for others to step up and shine (especially JJ...he could do with a day like his nice preseason game this year!).

A Texans road win is like fairies. If you don't believe in them, then they don't exist.

:texflag:

im glad JJ's finally got a real chance. imo he'll either blossom or crash & burn. rain + jacoby usually isnt a good match though

The guy we need is a CBS sports analyst, and he's talking as we speak...

I predict a ass whooping today.

Last edited:
Well, somehow, my inner homer has gotten to me and I am going to watch the game. My daughter will be watching with me as she likes to do. If this gets ugly, we'll be off to the park or pool and not wasting time on another losing effort. We like to watch the games together, but, an effort like last week does not warrant wasting the beautiful day here in Austin. (took her to SeaWorld yesterday, so able to spend some time on the game today.)

Either way, since I've got my kid today, I will be off of the board most of the day.

I'm looking for the D to at least play like they did in the 1st half of last week and give our O a chance. When that happens, I'm looking for the line to play better than last week (myers cannot get ragdolled again!!!), slaton to hit some holes and to get AJ involved early and often. If those things happen, we at least have a chance IMO!

:fans::goodluck:

Great now we made Sanchez a freaking Idol and the next Joe Namath :rolleyes: CBS is giving him a verbal B.J. right now.

Houston Texans.......where great players are made.......for the other team.

Anybody remember Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Last edited:
Back