Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 2: @ Mile High

A team with a couple of really old players

BTW- Texans are 6th oldest at 26 years, 10 months and 1 day

link

I looked that up last night, but didn't feel like getting in the middle of the hysteria..

Also only a couple of years separate #1 from #32.. This isn't MLB or the NBA where there can be a big gap in average roster age. The NFL is a young man's game with very few outliers.. So average roster age is a moot point anyways. All these teams are young.

This is the circus bowl with the two best clowns in the circus. The two worst HC's so far this year.

Clown A trades for and signs one of the best QB's of the last decade to a huge contract and takes the ball out of his hands to kick a 64 yard FG with tons of time remaining. Boneheaded decision of the year - no question about that.

Clown B gets a small lead, curls up into the fetal position for 1.5 quarters, plays Burkhead as his lead back on important downs, and then actually tries to back his way into a tie instead of doing the one thing all coaches should try to do - actually win the damn game.

The only thing missing with these two is the funny nose and the balloon animals. Which coach will outclown the other for the ultimate prize - clown of the year?

Stand by and watch. And don't forget to visit the fat lady, the guy with 3 legs, and the guy that breathes fire.
If the Texans were even in every other way to the Broncos, with the tie-breaker being the head coaches, I'd think the Texans would have the advantage. What Lovie did is something many good NFL coaches have done before him. He went mega conservative. What Hackett did was remarkably stupid. The Broncos had zero three and outs in that game. I don't think they even punted in the game.

Q gets the start. Wish Britt would’ve just not signed the contract if he is indeed contemplating retirement one game in.
Britt was cooked last year. Caserio should have realized it then and been more active finding a replacement. Have to make do with Q and McCray. Some people think Kenyon Green could play Center. I'm one of them as he has the anchor and instincts to play the position.

If they were the 2nd oldest last year and the 4th oldest this year, what do you call it?
A rebuilding team.

There will be plenty of you added over the next couple of years through the many draft picks Caserio has at his disposal.

After seeing the snap count last week, I'm very interested in seeing the inactive list for this game. Has Lovie learned a lesson about distributing snaps? Will be even more importantg this week playing at Mile High. I want to see Hanson, Wallow and Hinish and Harris get some snaps for the front 7. Booker also. And maybe Yiadom in the back end?

I want to see Hanson, Wallow and Hinish and Harris get some snaps for the front 7. Booker also.
Hanson, Wallow and Booker were inactive. Who sits if they're active? Hinish got 38 snaps and Damone Harris 39 (Christian Harris is on IR). Not sure whom you want to replace Yiadom with.

I just want more Pierce and less Burkhead. More Howard and less Brown. Otherwise, giving that 10 points is looking pretty good.

Hanson, Wallow and Booker were inactive. Who sits if they're active? Hinish got 38 snaps and Damone Harris 39 (Christian Harris is on IR). Not sure whom you want to replace Yiadom with.

I just want more Pierce and less Burkhead. More Howard and less Brown. Otherwise, giving that 10 points is looking pretty good.
I know they were inactive... that's why I said I'm interested in seeing if anything changes. I was talking Demone Harris. I didn't see Hinish at all, just a lot of Dwumfor. The defense was worn out by the end of the 3rd qtr. Needs to be more rotation. I want to see more Howard and Pierce also along with more Hairston

92 snaps. No reason for any defensive player to play that many snaps unless you like seeing gassed players get ran over late in the game. The back 7 plaued all 92 snaps.

I do not think a gassed KGH/Kirksey are better than their backups. They are barely better when fresh.

Weeks/Addition/Hughes runs the average age up. I wonder if Lee wants to cut them so the team can get younger?
I wouldn't sign anyone over 26,27 in a rebuild. They're not going to be here in 3 years, so whats the point? When you sign older players, you floor and ceiling is very,very limited. In a rebuild, you should have a team full of 1st,2nd,undrafted, type of players in my opinion. Yes the vets are not going to make some mistakes unless you're David Johnson from last year when he was bad in pass pro. I sure as hell wouldn't sign guys who have been in the nfl for 8 or 9 years. It just slows up the process and gives a false sense of team. Britt was done last year, they brought him back. Burkhead couldn't play anywhere else in the nfl, yet they resigned him.

Britt was cooked last year. Caserio should have realized it then and been more active finding a replacement. Have to make do with Q and McCray. Some people think Kenyon Green could play Center. I'm one of them as he has the anchor and instincts to play the position.
Could've just drafted a center or do what Kubes did and trade a 5th rd pick for a 10 yr starter.

We have one person picking us to win. Lol

James Campbell (@JamesC_MHH) 0-1: The Broncos played flat, were ill-disciplined, sloppy, operationally dysfunctional, and disturbingly out-coached, out-played, and out-fought in all facets in the first game of the season. The Broncos will want to get into the win column, and Russell Wilson will want to make a good impression in front of the Denver home crowd but it's vital that they show more energy and use the coaching moments to do better. However, the Texans are not to be written off, and they can frustrate the Broncos if they are able to control the clock with their short-passing game.
Pick: Texans 23, Broncos 21

I wouldn't sign anyone over 26,27 in a rebuild. They're not going to be here in 3 years, so whats the point? When you sign older players, you floor and ceiling is very,very limited. In a rebuild, you should have a team full of 1st,2nd,undrafted, type of players in my opinion. Yes the vets are not going to make some mistakes unless you're David Johnson from last year when he was bad in pass pro. I sure as hell wouldn't sign guys who have been in the nfl for 8 or 9 years. It just slows up the process and gives a false sense of team. Britt was done last year, they brought him back. Burkhead couldn't play anywhere else in the nfl, yet they resigned him.
So you want to lose?

They aren't tying last game without Hughes. I value veteran leadership to help the young guys learn the ways of the NFL.

Last edited:
So you want to lose?

They aren't tying last game without Hughes. I value veteran leadership to help the young guys learn the ways of the NFL.
So that's what we're doing in a rebuild? I'm not against any of it, I'm looking at what's the benefit of having guys here who won't be here in 1 or 2 years? When there is a leadership void, someone steps in and assume the reigns. Kirkskey and KGH played 100% of the snaps last week and Burkhead played 70% of the snaps. How is that benefitting the team going forward when they're not here? Its not about losing intentionally, its more about getting young players real,in game experience for the future. That's all I'm saying.

I'm not arguing that; but the talent to either side of him was so bad last year his value was very difficult to measure...
and last year wasn't last week's bad
He was bad last year no matter who was on the side of him. He was bad, he couldn't reach block anyone, no legs. If the average non football person can see that drinking a budweiser, they couldn't see it?

So that's what we're doing in a rebuild? I'm not against any of it, I'm looking at what's the benefit of having guys here who won't be here in 1 or 2 years? When there is a leadership void, someone steps in and assume the reigns. Kirkskey and KGH played 100% of the snaps last week and Burkhead played 70% of the snaps. How is that benefitting the team going forward when they're not here? Its not about losing intentionally, its more about getting young players real,in game experience for the future. That's all I'm saying.
The benefit is veteran leadership. Especially if they can still play at a high level.

Who is the young player behind Hughes? Whats a high level? Pro bowl?

He's still playing college football.. We had so many holes and only so many picks in our first year of having top round picks.. I'm sure that's the reason why they signed Hughes, to bridge that gap until next draft and I have no problem with that.

He's still playing college football.. We had so many holes and only so many picks in our first year of having top round picks.. I'm sure that's the reason why they signed Hughes, to bridge that gap until next draft and I have no problem with that.
Gotcha

Looking at more than one year? Are you nuts!?

I'm a bit afraid that the Broncos are going to want to look good in front of the home town crowd after they messed the bed last week and that they wind up beating us like we are baby harp seals.

Next year’s draft we can address that position. We have two first rounders, a second rounder and a third.
Gotcha.Tell me what Conley is bringing to the table? Anytime I hear he's a good guy, thats the code word for we like him, but really not good at his job. Kyle Allen was inactive so they could run 3 play for Driskell

I totally get this line of thinking. Difference is Lovie looks like it is 1 out of 17.

Reactions: JB
Gotcha.Tell me what Conley is bringing to the table? Anytime I hear he's a good guy, thats the code word for we like him, but really not good at his job. Kyle Allen was inactive so they could run 3 play for Driskell
your point?

Back