Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 16 - Visiting the Bucs

Any way you look at it, the Texans won against an explosive Tampa Bay team. It's hard to contain Jamis Winston and the Texans defense managed to get the ball back to Watson. Why are you guys complaining? This was a really good win!
Before today TB scored 35, 28, 38 and 38. Defense did very well today. Its always good to win the division. And as always, when I'm glad to be wrong. Let's hope this playoffs is an "anything can happen" kinda playoffs for this team

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Any way you look at it, the Texans won against an explosive Tampa Bay team. It's hard to contain Jamis Winston and the Texans defense managed to get the ball back to Watson. Why are you guys complaining? This was a really good win!
Yeah, they got a W in their house. You'd think that folks would be happy about that.

They're in here acting like they just got railed by 30 again.

Six division titles in 9 years and nothing to show for them. (yet, I suppose)

Our Texans in all their glory. :lol:
That's been my biggest point this season. I'm always glad to win the division but we haven't even been to the AFC championship. We don't know what its like to have actual hope deep into the playoffs yet as a franchise. All I'm saying is I'm more than ready for this team to go to the next level.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Before today TB scored 35, 28, 38 and 38. Defense did very well today. Its always good to win the division. And as always, when I'm glad to be wrong. Let's hope this playoffs is an "anything can happen" kinda playoffs for this team
Yep, exactly. This is two weeks in a row that the Texans defense made key stops and showed some strong focus to finish games. Tampa is no slouch on offense, were about to be over 500 if they won today. Texans still won the game to win the last 3 out of 4 against solid teams.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
B/C it's like finding out your Mom was always blending up a shite load of vegetables and adding them to the spaghetti sauce and you loving the crapp out of that sauce.

Texazan

Our HOF 34
I liked this but come on, I wouldn’t say explosive without Godwin and Evans. Those two on the field and we might’ve taken an L. Hell as it was we also the blew it

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I'd rather win in sustainable fashion so that we can actually compete legitimately in the playoffs instead of getting assbanged yet again while we wait for a sixth year coach to finally fulfill all his promises.
Then you should be rooting for the Texas to lose and fail based on what you're saying. They just got a quality win that they had to get to end the season so that they could have options next week and possibly rest players if they want to. They executed enough to get that W. If that's something to make you pout then you should really be rooting for them to lose so the franchise can get blown up. That's all you're clamoring for any way.

The defense took advantage of Jameis Winston. Cool.
They did against Tennessee/Tannehill last week in their house while he was playing like one of the hottest QB's in the league.

Malloy

Hall of Fame
All wins are good. What I think people are referring to is the uglyness of the win, and the fact that we can't expect to be this lucky against other teams in the playoffs. No Winston to give us any ugly wins in the playoffs....

Texazan

Our HOF 34
Why do all the “you’d think they’d be happy with a win” posters start in on everyone else that are doing nothing more then expressing that we sucked donkey ass today, no way around it. Yea we’re “happy” we won but give it a break, we were not fine tuned today, ugly win

Porky

Hall of Fame
Its sad.

If you told me the Texans would be AFC South champs on a regular basis back in the Carr era.... Id have said "AWESOME!"

In the OB era... these championships seem more like the cardboard crown hats you receive at Burger King.... knowing there is no power or hope behind that crown.
Great analogy. Maybe they will stop at DQ and get ice cream too.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
I’m gonna give this one a pass although it wasn’t pretty.
The drop off between McKinney and Kalambayi is huge, and we had to play around that.
For some reason they went into this game expecting Fuller healthy...didn’t last long. Add in Hopkins slowed by the lingering effects of flu.
Hyde hobbled and as we know OB doesn’t care who you are he’s going to emphasise the run.
Then add in Watson’s lower leg injury looked like it had its effect.

We needed the win in this one and I hope OB is wise enough to give these important starters a week to rest in a game the Titans will be desperate to win and play hard.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I’m gonna give this one a pass although it wasn’t pretty.
The drop off between McKinney and Kalambayi is huge, and we had to play around that.
For some reason they went into this game expecting Fuller healthy...didn’t last long. Add in Hopkins slowed by the lingering effects of flu.
Hyde hobbled and as we know OB doesn’t care who you are he’s going to emphasise the run.
Then add in Watson’s lower leg injury looked like it had its effect.

We needed the win in this one and I hope OB is wise enough to give these important starters a week to rest in a game the Titans will be desperate to win and play hard.
.......I see you are in possession of a "Thinking Man's Hat", can you loan your hat to OB so he doesn't pull an OB move?

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
.......I see you are in possession of a "Thinking Man's Hat", can you loan your hat to OB so he doesn't pull an OB move?
If OB put on a thinking man's hat, Capt Kirk would immediately show up and talk him back to stupidity. OB's brain isn't normal brain tissue anyway, it's cement that hasn't dried yet. It leaks out his ears and then hardens so he can't hear anyone but himself. Ever wonder why he's always scratching the top of his head?

EVOLVIST

Kid A
People who think "a win is a win!" are the dumbest people in sports existence.
I hate to pile on, but if a win is not a win, then how exactly would you define a win?

I suppose we could say that a win is a win unless it's a tie, but then you could also say that a loss is a loss unless it's a tie.

Other than that, yes, a win is a win, because someone has to win, lose or tie. Since the Texans won today, it goes in the Win column.

However, if you're saying that a team can win the battle, but lose the war, then yes, I see where you're coming from. But so far the Texans have not played their final battle, so it's up in the air.

Now, do I have faith that the Texans can do what 31 other teams will fail to do this year? No. Do I think it's possible that they can bring home a Superb Owl? Yes. The probability is not good, though.

Nevertheless, a win is a win by any metric, and since you're as only good as your last game, I'm prepared to revel in today's victory, though I know the outcome of the war looks bleak.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I hate to pile on, but if a win is not a win, then how exactly would you define a win?

I suppose we could say that a win is a win unless it's a tie, but then you could also say that a loss is a loss unless it's a tie.

Other than that, yes, a win is a win, because someone has to win, lose or tie. Since the Texans won today, it goes in the Win column.

However, if you're saying that a team can win the battle, but lose the war, then yes, I see where you're coming from. But so far the Texans have not played their final battle, so it's up in the air.

Now, do I have faith that the Texans can do what 31 other teams will fail to do this year? No. Do I think it's possible that they can bring home a Superb Owl? Yes. The probability is not good, though.

Nevertheless, a win is a win by any metric, and since you're as only good as your last game, I'm prepared to revel in today's victory, though I know the outcome of the war looks bleak.
Well...... IF 31 other teams fail.... that means a Lombardi is coming to Houston!!! :kitten:

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Win is a win. First game where I hated Watson’s body language and demeanor on the field and so far in the post game stuff.

we’ll never know for sure, but I wonder what’s up. Watson party too much last night? Guys blowing too many assignments in game? Not feeling the rhythm of the call? Something was noticeably off today.There was some friction with OB and Deshaun on the sidelines - Never seen that before. Not that it’s the end of the world because it happened, but will be curious to see the relationship evolve from here.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Win is a win. First game where I hated Watson’s body language and demeanor on the field and so far in the post game stuff.

we’ll never know for sure, but I wonder what’s up. Watson party too much last night? Guys blowing too many assignments in game? Not feeling the rhythm of the call? Something was noticeably off today.There was some friction with OB and Deshaun on the sidelines - Never seen that before. Not that it’s the end of the world because it happened, but will be curious to see the relationship evolve from here.
I think the Texans offense was just having one of their usual "oops" day and the Texans won despite that. Watching Watson pay so much attention to his foot bothered me.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.

I feel like I swallowed a dozen hypodermic needles.

Thanks.

I know our secondary got some picks but they also could have given up some deep pass plays. I don't know how much of a role Jameis's thumb played in those incompletions but he missed on them pretty bad. Considering the fact that the Buccaneers had a depleted WR corp and were relegated to relative novices, the way they got so open is troubling. Also our receivers inability to get open was also troubling. I realize DW has a hurt foot but still, it did not appear his receivers could get open for the most part.

Last edited:

Texazan

Our HOF 34

Yea I’d put my money on them bringing home a superb owl. :tiphat:

ghostlight

Veteran
I saw way to much open green between the line of scrimmage and our DB's. When we face a healthy playoff team they will move the ball at ease if we deploy that same tactic. We need to play as many backup players a possible including QB position next week.

Texansballer74

The Marine
You know what Maverick and Tex yall are right. Let's hit up the spot and pop bottles. We just won our division again let's celebrate.

Last edited:

ShinobiMusashi

Waterboy
I'm super excited about the playoffs and very happy about winning another division title but with this game at this point after what we've seen this year it's crystal clear that O'Brien's offense is a total ******* failure for the 6th straight year. We've been winning games despite of O'Brien's lame dick offense because of the talent on the team. I think his roster moves this offseason turned out to be good but he's failed as a head coach, this team really should be way better. I'm saying that as I look at what Harbaugh has done with Lamar Jackson in Baltimore, in this day and age in the NFL this Houston Texans offense with Deshaun Watson should be way ******* better than this. Unless he can take this team beyond a second round playoff game I say it's definitely 100% time to move on from Bill O'Brien. We have seen all he has to offer at this point and I got to believe there is SOMETHING better out there somewhere.