Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 15 - Punched by the Tacks?

They have a fullback they drafted for the run, but he hardly sees the field.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. They won't commit to getting power run personnel on the field and just telling them to go beat their man.

They would rather stay in base personnel or try running out of a "pass" set. It just seems strange to me. It's almost like they have no identity.

Reactions: ROO
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. They won't commit to getting power run personnel on the field and just telling them to go beat man.

They would rather stay in base personnel or try running out of a "pass" set. It just seems strange to me. It's almost like they have no identity.
6 years of this, which is why we either want the HC to hire a competent OC or for the owner to get a HC who knows how to develop a coaching staff. It seems like none of those things will happen soon.

This is the most confusing part. I'm not sure the Texans know what they want to do on offense.

They are Uber talented at skill positions. They SHOULD be able to throw all day.

But they want to run but won't commit to the personnel needed to do so.

True, I think they should open up the offense, but I dont think BOB trusts DW4 enough to do it.

6 years of this, which is why we either want the HC to hire a competent OC or for the owner to get a HC who knows how to develop a coaching staff. It seems like none of those things will happen soon.

That's brutal as a fan. Look at it like this. When it does turn around, you will have been they're through it all. Not that it's consolation right now.

True, I think they should open up the offense, but I dont think BOB trusts DW4 enough to do it.

If that's the case you need to do one of two things.

OB needs to get a guy he trusts or you need to get a coach who can build an offense around what DW4 can do.

If OB does let him go and he's wrong though, you set the Texans back however long a franchise QB lasts.

After seeing what building an offense around a QB can do, I think OB needs to revamp the offense for what DW4 does well. It is not like the guy doesn't have talent. It's your job as a coach to bring it to fruition.

Back