Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 15 - Punched by the Tacks?

Ugly Win or not...(I have no opinion, I was unable to watch).... give me one more win, ugly or not against the Bucs and while I may not be confident in our ability to do much in the playoffs.... keeping the Titans away from an AFCS championship will make me content with that result at least.

They played pretty good, but at the end the guy should have let it either go in the endzone or just let the defense down it there. Maybe he thought he could run it closer to field goal range.

Stupidity is not the sole provence of the Texans

I wouldn't call this an ugly win at all. It was a win against a team that we're fairly evenly matched up against in their house. This was one of the better games in terms of not beating ourselves and even the best teams have wins like this all the time.

Texans tried

I think we're so used to beating ourselves around here that we can't tell the difference between playing ugly and playing against a team that is just as good as us that's going to make it a ball game. Don't think the board would call that an ugly win if any other team won that way.

Do YOU beat yourself often?

It was ugly to me because we actually should’ve blown this team out.
Why? Tennessee should've scored first -- 14 point swing on a freaky play that went in our favor. Tennessee was moving the ball better than us early in the game but we got stops when we needed them. I might understand thinking that we should've blown them out after we were up 14 - 0 but we weren't up 14-0 because we were the better team. Even up 14-0, Tennessee is too good to blow out. We're not the Ravens.

Tennessee was desperate for this win. The odds are heavily stacked against them winning the division or even making the playoffs at this point. This was never going to be an easy win. It was what I expected. A tough match with mental errors on both sides but ultimately Watson and co get it done. On to Tampa Bay

Heh, folks complaining? Why do some think you are getting perfection on the field game in and game out? Chances of that happening for any team is slim. Ugly win? Well, yeah, maybe so. What do you expect going against a surging team, on the road and for the division lead? Most would go into the year expecting us to split with the Titans with each winning at home. Well, we might actually sweep them if the last game ends up even mattering.

It was a tough win against a division opponent who was currently riding the hot streak and in their house. I'll take it.

I wouldn't call this an ugly win at all. It was a win against a team that we're fairly evenly matched up against in their house. This was one of the better games in terms of not beating ourselves and even the best teams have wins like this all the time.

Two turnovers in the end zone is pretty much beating yourself. We eeked it out on some luck and a prayer.

Why? Tennessee should've scored first -- 14 point swing on a freaky play that went in our favor. Tennessee was moving the ball better than us early in the game but we got stops when we needed them. I might understand thinking that we should've blown them out after we were up 14 - 0 but we weren't up 14-0 because we were the better team. Even up 14-0, Tennessee is too good to blow out. We're not the Ravens.

Because it’s my opinion that’s why. We moved the ball with freaking ease. And too good of a team. Man please, they’re not that good.

And how did the Ravens get into this? Nobody said we were the Ravens. But on today we could have put a 40 pcs on these jokers.

We kept Henry to 86 yards on 21 carries and completely took Tennessee out of their game plan. No luck involved with that. Tennessee made some plays. We made more.
Texans have been good against the run pretty much all year.
Just need the secondary to catch up.

Texans have been good against the run pretty much all year.
Just need the secondary to catch up.
We've been gashed against the run pretty good the last few games but I think we're on the same page that we're a better run defense than those stats show. Agreed on the secondary. I don't think they were that bad today -- they made plays when we needed them to. Kinda what they're asking them to do w/ the cushion they allow. Johnson's length helped on the fake punt. Conley had a very nice break up as well. Justin Reid is solid. Layed some wood on the turnover.

I don't think Tennessee is a good team. They've been playing well lately & they're stacked with talent so they should be a good team... I just don't think they are.

I don't know if this is the Texans playing down to there level, one of those wacky division games on the road, or just adjusting to Tannehill in Tennessee.

Winning was the important thing. They got that done.

Because it’s my opinion that’s why. We moved the ball with freaking ease. And too good of a team. Man please, they’re not that good.

And how did the Ravens get into this? Nobody said we were the Ravens. But on today we could have put a 40 pcs on these jokers.
We could have put up 40 on them. They could have put up 40 on us as well.

I don't know if this is the Texans playing down to there level, one of those wacky division games on the road, or just adjusting to Tannehill in Tennessee.
I think that we're on about the same level as Tennessee. Play them 10 times and we win 5. I agree w/ Romo that either of us could beat anyone in the playoffs. For us, it means that the right team has to show up. And from what I've seen so far, it also means that the ball needs to bounce our way early in the game to get our momentum going or we're screwed.

I think that we're on about the same level as Tennessee. Play them 10 times and we win 5. I agree w/ Romo that either of us could beat anyone in the playoffs. For us, it means that the right team has to show up. And from what I've seen so far, it also means that the ball needs to bounce our way early in the game to get our momentum going or we're screwed.

Tough wins - or loses even - in big games, as long as they’re playing up to their potential, should purge that mindset away. Coaching coaching coaching.

Well, for me that SUCKED!!!
I'd like to say I'm happy for you guys, but I don't lie.

I will say GOOD GAME!

I do think we'll have some good games in the future vs what's been a broken record of the Titans sucking.

I'll be back in a couple weeks. Who knows maybe I'll stick around...to early to tell right now. At present I'm in a fetal position weeping in my pillow bitterly.

Here's to no injuries next week!

Cheers

It was ugly to me because we actually should’ve blown this team out.
The Titans had been hot coming into this game and I in no way saw where we should've blown them out. The stakes were pretty high in this game and we beat them at their home turf. Coming off of the Denver loss that kind of play could have remained. We just as easily could have lost this game but we nutted up and won. I am happy our team won. Ugly or not.

The Titans had been hot coming into this game and I in no way saw where we should've blown them out. The stakes were pretty high in this game and we beat them at their home turf. Coming off of the Denver loss that kind of play could have remained. We just as easily could have lost this game but we nutted up and won. I am happy our team won. Ugly or not.

I don’t care about how hot they were coming into this game. I’m talking about what I saw today. We moved the ball at will against that defense. We turn the ball over twice in the red zone. Which was very uncharacteristic for us.

Who came up with this game thread title? Negative Nancy or Debby Downer? Can't we at least wait until after the opening kickoff before bashing the team?
And the old Bullpen type labels fly. Wasn't there a question mark after the title? There is no fault to find with the initial post, so they jump on the title, no less! I thought the title was correctly descriptive of the thread content.
At least the OP put up a game thread when nobody else wanted to.

Reactions: ROO
I’ve given over the terrible memories of the Oilers past to their rightful owners...the professional football team in Tennessee. I’m past ALL of it.
I'm glad you are past all of it. I, on the other hand, can never forget those Oiler letdowns. They were simply epic.

The margin should have been much greater. Example: 2nd and goal from the 2. You line up with a full backfield and you run. You don't throw the ball into the middle of the defense.
I'll take it though. We pretty much have the title, as the Tacks can't even pray to beat the Ain'ts.

And the old Bullpen type labels fly. Wasn't there a question mark after the title? There is no fault to find with the initial post, so they jump on the title, no less! I thought the title was correctly descriptive of the thread content.
At least the OP put up a game thread when nobody else wanted to.

So if I posted a thread “Seegara touched in the head?”, it’s fine. Because there’s a question mark at the end.

Back