Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 15: Lucas Oil my backside

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Overcome what? The game? LOL

It would be nice to see our quadrillion dollar QB do his thing and beat the Dolts, or at least someone before the season is over with. Either that or my nap response will start kicking in automatically when I see the Texans on TV and I'll never see them again.

whodknee

Working Class Hero
The Texans are now an Unknown. Several will be playing for pride. Many for jobs next year. Could be a fun game to watch if they play loose. The next HC is also watching...:hankpalm:

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
I’m really tempted to watch whatever game Sky are carrying at 6pm and keep track of this game on red zone.
It isn’t even as if there’s a group of exciting rookies to keep an eye on their development here.
It’s frustrating that the Colts should have been a clean sweep this year, while the Titans have had all sorts of issues with Covid, this division should have been easy to take this season.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
We've got no defense, no offense, he's all we've got to build around. With no running backs and no receivers, who else have they got to come after ? Don't we need to do some very serious player evaluations, under live fire ?
Are you advocating for Watson to play or not to play?
I would just as soon see McCarron and a bunch of scrubs play the last few games. The starters have put everything on film that they are going to or need to for the new regime to scout them. Let's see what the back ups can do.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I'm hoping Watson doesn't play
Why is that? I’ve been hearing chatter like this all week and I don’t get where it’s coming from or why?

When the Packers and Saints have had nothing to play for final few games, they don’t sit Brees or Rodgers. Why are people talking about Watson sitting?

Yeah, I get not wanting him to have an injury that could effect next season, but that’s pretty much been the case all season. And what the Texans have done with their OL, they don’t seem too concerned about it, so I don’t get wanting to see him sit out. Hell, you might as well sit him the next couple of seasons until they get the talent and coaching to fix that, if that’s your logic for sitting him.

I also get it being pretty pointless having him out there for the 4th quarter against Chicago. But other than that, dude should be on the field.

It’s not like we have a QB in waiting wanting to get his feet wet situation.

Besides, with the pressure this OL allows, McCarron likely doesn’t make it through an entire game and Watson is back out there anyway.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Romeo says we're going to play to win, as it should be.
Fair enough, but I disagree. The Texans have much more to gain by evaluating the depth of their roster than by playing their starters at this point. just my :twocents:

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Why is that? I’ve been hearing chatter like this all week and I don’t get where it’s coming from or why?

When the Packers and Saints have had nothing to play for final few games, they don’t sit Brees or Rodgers. Why are people talking about Watson sitting?

Yeah, I get not wanting him to have an injury that could effect next season, but that’s pretty much been the case all season. And what the Texans have done with their OL, they don’t seem too concerned about it, so I don’t get wanting to see him sit out. Hell, you might as well sit him the next couple of seasons until they get the talent and coaching to fix that, if that’s your logic for sitting him.

I also get it being pretty pointless having him out there for the 4th quarter against Chicago. But other than that, dude should be on the field.

It’s not like we have a QB in waiting wanting to get his feet wet situation.

Besides, with the pressure this OL allows, McCarron likely doesn’t make it through an entire game and Watson is back out there anyway.
When has Brees or Rodgers been out of playoff contention and facing an entirely new front office and coaching staff? That's a big difference to me. I would prefer to see what the back ups can do as we've all seen what the starters are(n't) capable of or good at. The Texans are going to be up against the cap and with limited draft picks in 2021, so it would behoove the organization (not really interested in what the current coaching staff thinks) to see what it has for depth.

austins23

Hall of Fame
TY Hilton woke up with a chubbie and will proceed to go for 9 catches 132 yards and 1 TD.

The Texans run on the first play and go3 and out again. I drink way too many beers and ***** about how bad these guys are and how poorly coached they are.
Wash, rinse, repeat.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
The Texans are going to be up against the cap and with limited draft picks in 2021, so it would behoove the organization (not really interested in what the current coaching staff thinks) to see what it has for depth.
I doubt it. Those guys know their gone. The new regime will fill those spots with players they know, or udfas

I want to know the FO is always about winning. If they don't want Watson playing today, then they are not always about winning.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
When has Brees or Rodgers been out of playoff contention and facing an entirely new front office and coaching staff? That's a big difference to me. I would prefer to see what the back ups can do as we've all seen what the starters are(n't) capable of or good at. The Texans are going to be up against the cap and with limited draft picks in 2021, so it would behoove the organization (not really interested in what the current coaching staff thinks) to see what it has for depth.
What backups? The roster is littered with backups. It has no depth. More PT for Blacklock and Greenard maybe. Sit Mercilus and give those snaps to Martin. That's about it. As bad as the OL has been, Charlie Heck hasn't even suited up this season. John Reid can't get on the field. There's nothing to see here.

Texazan

Our HOF 34
What backups? The roster is littered with backups. It has no depth. More PT for Blacklock and Greenard maybe. Sit Mercilus and give those snaps to Martin. That's about it. As bad as the OL has been, Charlie Heck hasn't even suited up this season. John Reid can't get on the field. There's nothing to see here.
Actually Heck got in for a snap or two a few games back but overall yea nothing to care about if they have no desire to get the youngsters on the field. Pathetic

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You mean because everyone was covered?
Were they? Even the announcers said he needed to get rid of the ball. That sack wasn't on the OL even though posters will look at the stats at the end of the game and do what they do.