Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 15: Lucas Oil my backside

Has anyone asked Kelly what are they trying to accomplish on their opening drives? Exactly what is he scripting?

Ask Godsey before him and BOB before him and I'm still not sure they will give you an honest answer. What I do know is they scored on the 1st drive in the only game McCarron started (Ever wonder why) and no, I'm not saying that McCarron is better than DW4.

But yep, this issue is all on the coaching. OK

Were they? Even the announcers said he needed to get rid of the ball. That sack wasn't on the OL even though posters will look at the stats at the end of the game and do what they do.
Maybe they were all covered, I don’t know. But announcer saying at very least he should have thrown it away.

But Superman tried to run, very indecisive (IMO) but slipped on grass.

Maybe they were all covered, I don’t know. But announcer saying at very least he should have thrown it away.

But Superman t

ried to run, very indecisive (IMO) but slipped on grass.

That's why I said confused.

He tries to do the spectacular instead of just taking what's there.

There's another TD, looks like the Texans are going to get to work on their running game when they're down 31-3 in the 3rd qtr.

All he had to do was step up into the pocket and slide to his right. Something you see Brady/Brees etc... do all of the time.

This is going to get ugly.

Typical first half woes.....second half they may have their typical comeback to barely lose.

Been saying this for 3 years. Martin is just a rag doll to DT's. I just never understood how everyone in the OL film room could just ignore what what they were watching....especially Devlin.
Early on, Myers was suspect, but by his 3rd season, he was pretty good. The guy who was heir apparent, but wasn't BOB guy was Ben Jones who is 3x better than Martin

All he had to do was step up into the pocket and slide to his right. Something you see Brady/Brees etc... do all of the time.

This is going to get ugly.
I’m not going to sit here and defend him on every play cause DW4 is a big boy making big money but I’ve watched that play five times and he had no chance.

As soon as he stepped up he was boxed. There was no stepping up and sliding to the right. It’s just not there. And since when is Brady and Brees the bar for DW?

Back