Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 15 - Chief Boyardee vs Texans

I have been at work and already wrote this game off so when I saw the score and Texans leading I couldn't help but laugh.

... maybe Im the bad luck charm.

My issue with Mills and I've said this before is he's not a natural football player. He has 0 it factor that he's going to let it loose and take command. There is a reason lower round drafted guys like Gus Ferrotte or an undrafted guy like Fitzpatrick can basically be starters at some level in the nfl. The coaches call the plays, but you are the one executing the plays which are fluid. You can't be a robot playing qb especially. Its a feel thing to the way the game is going and when to make a play outside of the play called. You would think by now he would be balls to the wall, but that's not him. He's just content with being a robot.

Lacks instincts .... at least The "Mahomes kind " ! DAMN .... LOST !

My issue with Mills and I've said this before is he's not a natural football player. He has 0 it factor that he's going to let it loose and take command. There is a reason lower round drafted guys like Gus Ferrotte or an undrafted guy like Fitzpatrick can basically be starters at some level in the nfl. The coaches call the plays, but you are the one executing the plays which are fluid. You can't be a robot playing qb especially. Its a feel thing to the way the game is going and when to make a play outside of the play called. You would think by now he would be balls to the wall, but that's not him. He's just content with being a robot.

yeah i see that in him & agree....but we are talking about a kid who hadn't started a whole lot of games really since HS. & when you're learning to play the game on that level it is alot of robotic instruction you recieve b/c they're trying to teach you the mechanics. step here..release up here etc etc. You get alot of that too in college so by the time you get to the NFL, there's less emphasis on mechanics, more on the playbook, and making plays etc. Perhaps he just hasn't learned how to find his game in between the instruction and making plays.

And as i say that....Mills fumbles.

yeah i see that in him & agree....but we are talking about a kid who hadn't started a whole lot of games really since HS. & when you're learning to play the game on that level it is alot of robotic instruction you recieve b/c they're trying to teach you the mechanics. step here..release up here etc etc. You get alot of that too in college so by the time you get to the NFL, there's less emphasis on mechanics, more on the playbook, and making plays etc. Perhaps he just hasn't learned how to find his game in between the instruction and making plays.

And as i say that....Mills fumbles.
Why draft a project is my question? He wasn't good when he played at Stanford. Anyway, we know what he is. I'm not even sure he's a good backup honestly.

Lost game before the defense sacked Mahomes. Missed the ending. What really happened from an unbiased viewpoint?

Back