Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 12: Lions, Turkeys and Cranberry Sauce

Lol the proper context is a W in the win column and that’s all that matters.

Didn't someone state for fact......that you are what your record says you are? Are Raiders fools gold after getting blown up by the Falcons? How about Brady and the Bucs.....got kicked in the nads again and Brady looking pretty dang rough the last 3 weeks? We could go on and on but a win would be a win no matter who it comes against......ask the GM's and HC's who've joined the unemployment lines after losing supposed winnable games.

Based on what? Jags have no run game just like we don't and the Browns, who do have a run game, completely dominated us with it. Don't let the score fool you that was never a close game the moment the passing game was no longer a factor. Pats are highly ranked in as far as numbers but put that down to mainly them having no one that can catch and the fact their QB is a RB that can throw so they have high numbers almost by default and even still if not for the offense carving them up they could have easily won that one. Even the helpless Lions, who run game is almost as bad as ours, started the 2nd half ramming the ball down our throats and I'm not sure why they stopped because it was working for them.

So I'm just wondering what you base the idea that we have improved in the run defense on?

I can spit out stats, but you're right in regards to the competition simply being easier. I don't have any great evidence they are getting better at run D except for the ol' eye test, which I understand holds little weight. But to be clear, like I said, they're still very bad.

I disagree about the Browns game never being close. I think that was a close game throughout.

Didn't someone state for fact......that you are what your record says you are? Are Raiders fools gold after getting blown up by the Falcons? How about Brady and the Bucs.....got kicked in the nads again and Brady looking pretty dang rough the last 3 weeks? We could go on and on but a win would be a win no matter who it comes against......ask the GM's and HC's who've joined the unemployment lines after losing supposed winnable games.

Exactly

Man I’m pulling for them to win out. That would be something very special IMO if they did. I don’t care who they beat, a win is a win. But hey let’s not act like we’re world beaters too.

No....once again you're incorrect. See, the team all gets the credit in the losses and in the wins. How about you put your numbers on the board right now since you're the one who initiated this idea of numbers......certainly you had your numbers in mind before making ths type of statement. I'll be looking forward to your thoughts.

Ownership 100%
GM 50%
HC 25%
QB 25%

You may ask how I came up with numbers that equal up to 200%

In my business the physical work is divided up upon the people who work for me to divided up equally to get to the 100% number. I do paperwork and sales but ultimately I'm 100% responsible for my customers and getting the guys on board with my vision of how the people who work for me accomplish the goals I set out for them to accomplish.

So yes Cal is fully responsible for the current sh!tshow down on Kirby.

What proper context angle would you be looking for? The proper context that fits your single-vision context or their personal opinion that takes off those single-vision context lenses for a complete team assessment context lenses? Yes, the Texans will lose games just like every team in the NFL will but what would be the reasons?

You are what your record says you are this is true.

Just dont expect to beat top tier teams and you wont be disappointed. The Texans are a bad football team.

A great HC/GM once said that it's hard to win in the NFL. And by great I mean great that he's gone. And by once I mean nearly every week, along with he has to coach better.

He must be right though, because I went back 4 seasons and found that only 50% of the teams that play each week, win. A couple of occasions it was lower because some teams didn't win or lose.

So the rest of the team doesn’t share some of the blame. Lol

The people who put the team together are responsible 100%.

They picked the GM/HC and the difference between most GM/HC searches is DW4/Watt are on the search committee. So they are responsible as well. Maybe even more so than the GM/HC since they were directly responsible for the hires. Include Pancakes in this group as well.

I'm still waiting for those numbers from you.

ask the GM's and HC's who've joined the unemployment lines after losing supposed winnable games.
You mean after losing to us.

It’s ok to blow leads against Chicago & Minnesota.

It’s ok to be shut out against the Panthers.

But to lose to the Texans never being in control of the game at all... he’ll no. FIRED

They picked the GM/HC and the difference between most GM/HC searches is DW4/Watt are on the search committee. So they are responsible as well. Maybe even more so than the GM/HC since they were directly responsible for the hires. Include Pancakes in this group as well.

Owner: 40%
HC/GM: 40% since he wore several hats
DC: 25%
OC: 15%
Oline/Coach: 30%
Defense: 25%
RB’s: 20%
QB: 5%

Watson is, Watt is not. Reason, Cal likes Watson and knows JJ wants out. And after the 2 PED suspensions I bet Watt has some good words for this one. And he will say "I'm out! " After the season

Jj wants out? Any proof to that?

Ahh...read. JJ is not happy. And even said in a public presser. And then Google is handy for people close to him saying he doesn't want to be here after the season...

"I don't know how much longer I have...I know I have a couple really good years left and I am not looking for a rebuild...I want to play for a championship"

AKA we are rebuilding. He wants to play for a title.

Ahh...read. JJ is not happy. And even said in a public presser. And then Google is handy for people close to him saying he doesn't want to be here after the season...

"I don't know how much longer I have...I know I have a couple really good years left and I am not looking for a rebuild...I want to play for a championship"

AKA we are rebuilding. He wants to play for a title.
Ofcorse hes not happy, in our current state who is? And if he wanted out, im sure cal and co could've granted him his wish heck they did it to Hopkins

I said 5% is his fault. Where in the world did you read everybody but DW’s fault? He does play QB correct?

I would maybe spilt the sack blame between Watson and the Oline PLAYERS, coach still gets lots of blame, but otherwise I mostly agree with you.

Only other thing I would say is I’m not sure I’d blame the DC so much. RAC left the defense in almost as bad a shape as OB did the offense and Weaver barely got a chance before RAC was brought back and since then we have seen that same “bend, don’t break” crap that we have seen for years now.

Back