Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 11: New England vs New England South

Deshaun haters right now
279993ce2afe412b93629168ef00fa4c.gif

Lol then after all of that they will say he missed a wide open Atkins. All the while missing the fact Atkins was tripped on that play.

How did the oline hold up? Very suprise looking at the stats that watson didn't get sacked esp with tunsil out

Also suprise their rb didn't have a 100yard game

A few more runs and Watson could’ve been close.......whoops, you meant the RB’s.......they sucked arse. Boy does this team need a stable of runners.

Upon further review Decim8’s post was referencing NE’s RB instead of the Texans stable of turds.....OptimisticTexan, you’ve been penalized 10 years for reading comprehension.

Lol then after all of that they will say he missed a wide open Atkins. All the while missing the fact Atkins was tripped on that play.
They will conveniently leave that part out. Context doesn’t even matter to them. Just straight narrative.

First, who is “them” you both keep going on about, pretty sure everyone has said he played a good game. One good game though doesn’t mean we’ve turned a corner. OB had several games where he coached it perfectly but did that mean that all the critique about him was wrong?

Second Watson played a great game and looked great. I was happy to have him as our QB and felt he was worth the money today. Now all he has to do is do it again next week and the weeks after that. That doesn’t mean he has to be perfect every game but to be what we hope he will be the games like today have to out number the bad games. So I will breath a lot easier when we can string several of these together and no I don’t expect that to happen until we have a new HC and scheme.

What I find funny is we have one win and you guys are acting like a Dallas fan. We are not going to the Super Bowl and the team still sucks so enjoy the small victories where we can get them but also remember as the old saying goes.

Never fail to learn in victory what you would learn in defeat.

First, who is “them” you both keep going on about, pretty sure everyone has said he played a good game. One good game though doesn’t mean we’ve turned a corner. OB had several games where he coached it perfectly but did that mean that all the critique about him was wrong?

Second Watson played a great game and looked great. I was happy to have him as our QB and felt he was worth the money today. Now all he has to do is do it again next week and the weeks after that. That doesn’t mean he has to be perfect every game but to be what we hope he will be the games like today have to out number the bad games. So I will breath a lot easier when we can string several of these together and no I don’t expect that to happen until we have a new HC and scheme.

What I find funny is we have one win and you guys are acting like a Dallas fan. We are not going to the Super Bowl and the team still sucks so enjoy the small victories where we can get them but also remember as the old saying goes.

If the shoe fits, wear it proudly. Oh we can’t call out people on here anymore.

Apart from the running game, that may have been the best offensive effort all year
Considering the Texans do not have a running game, this was as efficient an offensive performance this team could have against this opponent. As @steelbtexan mentioned, this is not one of the NFL's elite defenses the Texans faced. But, it was a Belichick coached defense, and that means something. Kelly should make copies of this game and distribute it across the league when he's looking for a gig this offseason.

It was very noticeable on several plays Watson had all day in the pocket. I figured with the left side of the line all new it would be worse, but it wasn't at all.

Yes .... I kept watching that and worrying about it too. That means something ! But what ? It could mean a ton of things. There are so many variables. I wish Wade Smith was on this message board. Someone please diagnose our better than normal offensive line play today, and explain it !

e1081ab4e8c350df24408f422b95c64b.gif

Speaking of run games.... at least we know our running game cant fail next week.

Just... keep... running....

Dont let them tell you you're down.... every play... run into the endzone.

It's Thanksgiving day vs Detroit...... its tradition.

People on here are acting like the season is over. It's not over till we say it's over" Repeat after me..It's not too late for 8 and 8!

Which would be both good and bad. Good in that it would screw over the fins but bad in that it might make Cal think we are headed in the right direction and make RAC the permanent HC. Given the two choices I’d rather let the fins have the high draft pick than RAC be the HC going forward.

But at the same time I can’t cheer against the team so I guess I am hoping we win out. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

Considering the Texans do not have a running game, this was as efficient an offensive performance this team could have against this opponent. As @steelbtexan mentioned, this is not one of the NFL's elite defenses the Texans faced. But, it was a Belichick coached defense, and that means something. Kelly should make copies of this game and distribute it across the league when he's looking for a gig this offseason.
Only 1.5 ypc though. They have to be better than that.
the pass protection was really good though. I thought Johnson played pretty damn good

Credit the oline for finally having a great game
We talked about this before the game. This was a winnable game because the Patriots defense isn't very good. Part of that is a weak pass rush.

Celebrate. I'm not going to stop you. But please don't think this means our OL is better than it was last week or the week before.

H
Credit Kelly for putting a game plan together in which allowed Watson to get the ball out faster.

If Kelly could do that he'd have done it last week, or any week before now & we wouldn't be in the position we're in now.

I didn't study the Patriots D, but watching the game, & again the highlights you provided, the Patriots played very WYSIWYG. What it was before the snap was basically what it was after. DW4 has always played well against such defenses.

Watson had a great game. I'm not saying any different.

The OL did what they were supposed to do. No need for participation trophies.

We talked about this before the game. This was a winnable game because the Patriots defense isn't very good. Part of that is a weak pass rush.

Celebrate. I'm not going to stop you. But please don't think this means our OL is better than it was last week or the week before.

H

If Kelly could do that he'd have done it last week, or any week before now & we wouldn't be in the position we're in now.

I didn't study the Patriots D, but watching the game, & again the highlights you provided, the Patriots played very WYSIWYG. What it was before the snap was basically what it was after. DW4 has always played well against such defenses.

Watson had a great game. I'm not saying any different.

The OL did what they were supposed to do. No need for participation trophies.

Oh no way am I celebrating or thinking our offensive line has improved. I’m just giving them their credit. Especially when Tunsil didn’t play and Howard got injured in the 3rd quarter. You know they catch a lot of heat from me.

Since O’Briens departure the offense play calling has look better.

Patriots have no pass rush.

Yeah, but we don't have a rush to write home about. Everyone played better today, (both sides of the ball), but the older I get, the more I think that success begins up front and moves backwards. We went with twin defensive tackles, instead of a single nose, and we seemed to squelch their run. It made sense to me, that we went with a different left side on offense, and it paid dividends. It was probably some little stimulus somewhere that caused an adrenaline surge, and then .... watch ol' mo travel. Just saw on sports where someone had questioned Weaver about - just going through the motions ... and the players came to his defense - big time. I don't know .... "perfect storm stuff" !

Oh no way am I celebrating or thinking our offensive line has improved. I’m just giving them their credit. Especially when Tunsil didn’t play and Howard got injured in the 3rd quarter. You know they catch a lot of heat from me.

Since O’Briens departure the offense play calling has look better.

I'm beginning to think our biggest difference maker might be a big ol' running back !

They played great in pass pro against a team with no pass rush. And they did it without their starting left side. I was certainly expecting a ton of pressure because of that, but Watson had all day on plenty of occasions. So props for that.

The run blocking, however, is beyond pathetic. Sure, RBs with vision and quickness and all of that matters, but even a blind RB can do better than 1.4 YPC.

I wouldn't say "great". There was absolutely zero holes for the running game. 13 carries for 19 yards. Ouch!
Which makes me question Tim Kelly. Duke Johnson is not a between the tackles runner. Even inside zone. We need to be running heavy to the outside. Pitches, tosses, sweeps..... We should never see another run up the middle unless it's a draw.

Which makes me question Tim Kelly. Duke Johnson is not a between the tackles runner. Even inside zone. We need to be running heavy to the outside. Pitches, tosses, sweeps..... We should never see another run up the middle unless it's a draw.

This has been a constant in the BOB regime, not using guys to their strengths. He keeps acquiring these fast, pass-catching backs like Lamar Miller, Tyler Ervin, Akeem Hunt, Duke... but tries to make them something they're not. Besides Arian, Carlos Hyde was probably best fit for this style.

This has been a constant in the BOB regime, not using guys to their strengths. He keeps acquiring these fast, pass-catching backs like Lamar Miller, Tyler Ervin, Akeem Hunt, Duke... but tries to make them something they're not. Besides Arian, Carlos Hyde was probably best fit for this style.

Still say Bell would have been a prefect fit for this scheme. A bulldozer that doesnt need much blocking for because he just runs over defenders. Seems to be what OB thought all RBs should be like.

Still say Bell would have been a prefect fit for this scheme. A bulldozer that doesnt need much blocking for because he just runs over defenders. Seems to be what OB thought all RBs should be like.

Bell and Fournette should've been obtained the moment they were available. I mentioned this in the past as they became available. Bell, Fournette, Johnson & Johnson as the 3rd down back options. David would've remained strictly by default.

I also liked the idea of putting a player package together in order to obtain RB, AJ Dillon from Green Bay before the deadline. I think Green Bay is proving to vulnerable at this time and Watt might've been a good move to help on defense.

Back