Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 10: Cleveland You Have A Problem

Decim8

Veteran
Both of the browns rbs with over a hundred yards each. Smash mouth football. Did not expect a low scoring game, was it due to the weather?

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
I think this team has given up on Rac.

What a poor performance from start to finish. This team has no backbone.

Someone should be fired after this - or cut. We don't even get the benefit of a high pick for such a bad season. Buckle up Houston. We've got at least 1 more season of this toilet bowl franchise before there's any hope.

powda

Someone should be fired after this - or cut. We don't even get the benefit of a high pick for such a bad season. Buckle up Houston. We've got at least 1 more season of this toilet bowl franchise before there's any hope.

I have texans license plate frames on my car. I feel like I should put a brown paper bag over them.

This franchise is just outright embarrassing.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
This game is typical of what is wrong with the Texans. Before the game started, we knew exactly what the Browns were going to do. Feature their 2 RBs with lots of play action passes. Before the game, what did we think the Texans were going to do?

With rain, strong winds and playing on a wet field, we knew the wet field would negate the WR speed. This game plan should have been heavy TEs. Instead we got the same offense. Duke Johnson best run came from a heavy formation. They ran it once. That 4th down call on the goal line was terrible. How about a rollout, a heavy formation, a RPO? Anything except expecting your OL to get some push into the end zone.

They have no idea how to attack defenses or do anything consistently. If you have Hopkins, he can play on this turf with these conditions. To target this group of WRs 21 times, is an offense not understanding how to attack a defense in these weather conditions. The defense is terrible, but they played well enough to win today.

powda

This game is typical of what is wrong with the Texans. Before the game started, we knew exactly what the Browns were going to do. Feature their 2 RBs with lots of play action passes. Before the game, what did we think the Texans were going to do?

With rain, strong winds and playing on a wet field, we knew the wet field would negate the WR speed. This game plan should have been heavy TEs. Instead we got the same offense. Duke Johnson best run came from a heavy formation. They ran it once. That 4th down call on the goal line was terrible. How about a rollout, a heavy formation, a RPO? Anything except expecting your OL to get some push into the end zone.

They have no idea how to attack defenses or do anything consistently. If you have Hopkins, he can play on this turf with these conditions. To target this group of WRs 21 times, is an offense not understanding how to attack a defense in these weather conditions. The defense is terrible, but they played well enough to win today.
I actually think the browns bailed us out on 3 of their offensive possessions. A bad snap, a penalty, and bad passes on 3rd and 4th down. We could of lost by much more.

I won't credit the defense today but otherwise agree.

Texazan

Our HOF 34
Maybe they saw the same article I did this morning that claimed the Texans are “strongly considering removing the interim label off of Crennel next season and naming him the HC for 2021.”
You have a chance to energize the fan base with a new coach and GM and yet you chose to further deflate the whole thing by standing pat and rolling with RAC. That Sounds like something that moron Cal would do.

Last edited:

Texazan

Our HOF 34

They had no offensive identity when BOB arrived and have no identity now that he’s gone. Should be of no surprise to anyone here. It’s hard to watch but 7 years later I suppose I’m used to it. I just want this season to end

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
There are ALOT of things we can blame OB for but having a team that has just given up is not one of them. This is a team that knows most are gone next year and doesn’t care. Like wise OB is not calling bad time outs, bad plays or making the team completely unprepared.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

To be fair, Mayfield threw the ball today 20 times with his RB's gaining 230 yds.

Man the LB's are bad.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
As an original PSL owner this whole mess sux Hunky Dory. Time to dig into possible free agents next year
Hopefully they cut enough players that they can sign a couple of FA's.

Bring William Jackson home and draft a S in the 3rd/4th and the secondary will look much better.

Sign Avery Williamson (Coverage LB) and draft a coverage LB in the 3rd/4th Rd and the LB's wont look so putrid. This wont fix everything that's wrong with the Texans defense but it's a good start.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I already expect next year to be painful.

I will be happy IF we see potential in our next staff and growth under that staff in Watson.

We desperately need both..... even though the season will look the same.... thankfully we don't need to go 12-4 to know if our future comes with hope.... or we will face another seemingly endless era of buttchin football.

Texazan

Our HOF 34
Hopefully they cut N. Martin. DJ, WFV will be gone. Duke walking is another 5 mil. Restructure Cooks etc... They can do things to get cap $$$$ for FA. Trading Watt would be job #1.

Do you expect Cal/Preacherman to actually do these kinds of things? I certainly dont.
HOPEFULLY Cooter and Preacher have NO SAY and the new GM has Carte Blanche. We need a purge of the highest order. After seeing Cunningham loaf it today what is his hit if we say bye bye?

My god just about everywhere you look it’s shiit show that has to be cleaned up. It won’t be pretty but it has to happen. Ownership let it happen so they better be ready to bend over and take the L’s to flip this roster

Hopefully they cut N. Martin. DJ, WFV will be gone. Duke walking is another 5 mil. Restructure Cooks etc... They can do things to get cap $$$$ for FA. Trading Watt would be job #1.

Do you expect Cal/Preacherman to actually do these kinds of things? I certainly dont.
Letting go of Martin, DJ, WFV, Duke and Watt would net $47.7M in salary vs only $3.3M in dead money.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I already expect next year to be painful.

I will be happy IF we see potential in our next staff and growth under that staff in Watson.

We desperately need both..... even though the season will look the same.... thankfully we don't need to go 12-4 to know if our future comes with hope.... or we will face another seemingly endless era of buttchin football.
Oh it's going to be much worse than the BOB era. There will be no AFC South Championships to hate on.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Apart from what we do in the next off-season, I really hope cal & co nails the GM/Coach hire........
If this happens it will b because of pure luck.

Like I've always said, I would rather be lucky than good, because all of the good people keep talking about how lucky I am.

I'm just kidding, although I'm quite thankful that I've been very blessed.