Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

We may suck...

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Except they actually won Super Bowls once upon a time.
So did we.... not really real ones... but I remember hearing many times that game X was our SB...

Besides, they got about another decade or so of irrelevance on top of their bragging so....on the pathetic scale its about even......Im sure if in a decade or 2 the Texans fans dont have a ring there will still be those that brag about "owning the AFCS" under revisionist history forgetting it wasnt a playground of mediocrity until Manning left.

Besides, as mediocre as the Texans were and as likely as they are to currently be horrible....., Id hold my head higher being a Texans fan at 0-17 than I ever could a Cowboys fan at 17-0.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
And BAM just like that.......

.... we halfway to being in the same category as a Cowboys fan.
:gun:
Except the Texans will not have obnoxious fans in other cities strutting around about Super Bowls won 25+ years ago.

Heck, we're lucky to find two people willing to openly admit to being Texans fans in this city! lol

Maybe that's our new motto: We may suck, but at least we're not delusional about it. ;)

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I wish that were true but even with the limited success of the Texans..... I have seen plenty of obnoxious fans of the Texans...... and if I am on their side and want to slap the stupid off them...... that says something.

Thankfully the obnoxious ones tend to be the exception rather than the rule.... There are always the exceptions.... even Cowboys fan base has a few fans that range from tolerable to cool... so... at least our fan base tends to be more the water in the toilet bowl not the floater.

Porky

Hall of Fame
We may suck? That's like saying the Titanic may hit an iceberg. Or that Tom Brady might go to the hall of fame.

This team is trash. Thanks to BOB and his trusty sidekick the Preacher. And the **** sandwich is topped off by the most ignorant, clueless owner in all of sports.

This is a 2-4 win team if they get lucky. They will win a couple of lucky games, but most weeks this team will be trounced. And as long as the preacher is around and the same owner is in charge - this team is going absolutely nowhere but the dumpster.

Why you people insist on spending your hard-earned treasure and emotions on a total pile of excrement is beyond me. But I'm out, I've been out, and will remain out.

But hey, I thought I'd come here for a change and see if anyone had turned out the lights and slammed the door shut. Guess some of you are gluttons for punishment.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
We may suck? That's like saying the Titanic may hit an iceberg. Or that Tom Brady might go to the hall of fame.

This team is trash. Thanks to BOB and his trusty sidekick the Preacher. And the **** sandwich is topped off by the most ignorant, clueless owner in all of sports.

This is a 2-4 win team if they get lucky. They will win a couple of lucky games, but most weeks this team will be trounced. And as long as the preacher is around and the same owner is in charge - this team is going absolutely nowhere but the dumpster.

Why you people insist on spending your hard-earned treasure and emotions on a total pile of excrement is beyond me. But I'm out, I've been out, and will remain out.

But hey, I thought I'd come here for a change and see if anyone had turned out the lights and slammed the door shut. Guess some of you are gluttons for punishment.
I've agreed with this take about ownership since 2010.

CWTexansFan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor's Club

Bye Felicia 😀

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I think the Texans could finish anywhere from 11-16 on this list.

Miami is going to completely depend on Tua having a major turnaround season. If he doesn’t, the defense can only keep them in so many games.

The Raiders should be rated higher than this but at the moment…..they’re the feast or famine team of the AFC. The OL and running game may determine their fate.

The Jaguars season will fall on the shoulders of Lawrence and Urban Meyers transition to the NFL. A lot of their success will also be tied to a shaky OL.

The Bengals might be interesting if all their parts can stay healthy. Burrow is going to be playing behind an OL that has its own questions. Can the defense keep them in games?

The Jets are essentially a new group that looked nice in their final PS game. Time for them to test the new car on the track and see how it holds up. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it stutter this go round.

The Texans success will be tied to their OL offensively and a completely new scheme on the defensive side of the ball. It might not be too far fetched to say the momentum of this team could rely on Fairbairn’s accuracy. They must be willing to fight for 60 minutes with no give up to have any chance of avoiding the bottom.

I’m surprised the Colts got rated so high b/c they’re just an injury away (Wentz) away from falling from that lofty perch, they’re projected at, in the article posted by Lucky.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
A lot of their success will also be tied to a shaky OL.
What's so shaky about the Jags o-line? They've had the same starters for 2 years. While the Texans have new starters all over the place. Who is the starter at RT? Heck or Cannon? I can't see why anyone would look at these 2 units and not think the Jags are better (on paper)?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
What's so shaky about the Jags o-line? They've had the same starters for 2 years. While the Texans have new starters all over the place. Who is the starter at RT? Heck or Cannon? I can't see why anyone would look at these 2 units and not think the Jags are better (on paper)?
Give me a healthy Tunsil/Howard/Britt/Cannon/
Heck over the Jags OL, even if the Jags OL has been together a couple of years.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Yeah and that o-line thats been together for 2 years is trash. 2 of Cunningham's 3 sacks last year came against them..Hell, Mercy got a sack off them dudes. They're the only team we faced last year where our defense looked like an NFL caliber defense...& this year, our defense PROJECTS to be better.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Yeah and that o-line thats been together for 2 years is trash. 2 of Cunningham's 3 sacks last year came against them..Hell, Mercy got a sack off them dudes. They're the only team we faced last year where our defense looked like an NFL caliber defense...& this year, our defense PROJECTS to be better.
Merci made a good play, but the sack was on Minshew.
He stepped up into the sack as Merci made the move inside.
The RT was protecting the edge.
Minshew should have waited.
Either that or he should have taken of.
Plenty of green grass in front of him.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Cunningham's sack in the first game was also on Minshew.
The Texans rushed only 3.
Minshew was too eager to take off; it was 3rd and 4; he thought he could make it on his own.
He was tackled in the right flat, short of the LOS.
It was recorded as a sack, but really, it was a TFL.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Give me a healthy Tunsil/Howard/Britt/Cannon/
I hope they get and stay healthy. Howard, Britt, and Cannon are all coming of injuries. Britt and Cannon haven't played in a regular season game since 2019. These guys have a lot to prove. It's not like there's a lot of quality backing them up (though I think Heck will eventually take over at RT).

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
The Texans know plenty about trash offensive lines.

Hey, I expect the Texans o-line to be improved this year. Coaching alone should help that. It's just that fans are always quick to point out the flaws of other teams, but put their team in the best light.
I see it the direct opposite. Everything sucks with the Texans according to a lot of fans here…..and typically they ignore or downplay the flaws on other teams when comparing each.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Cunningham's sack in the second game was either the rookie RB or the rookie QB Luton.
After they had declared the MIKE, Cunningham came in late when he saw the gaping hole in the middle.
The RB went outside instead.
Luton never saw Cunningham until it was too late (even though he came in right in front of the QB, though not directly.)
Luton was setting up, ready to deliver the ball.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I hope they get and stay healthy. Howard, Britt, and Cannon are all coming of injuries. Britt and Cannon haven't played in a regular season game since 2019. These guys have a lot to prove. It's not like there's a lot of quality backing them up (though I think Heck will eventually take over at RT).
The Jags have also had their share of injuries on the OL.

I think Heck starts week 1.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans

Hey, I expect the Texans o-line to be improved this year. Coaching alone should help that. It's just that fans are always quick to point out the flaws of other teams, but put their team in the best light.
I don’t know how you came to that conclusion…..I also put the onus on the Texans OL as well.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
…..because it is their opinion. What validates their opinion as gospel?
Cause they get paid to know stuff... and things... or something.

Makes me sad cause Im an opinionated SOB and yst nobody validates my opinions through my bank account.

I'd cry about it as most people seem to these days but thankfully Im too self center to worry about if others agree wirh me or not..... they can be wrong if they wanna be.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
The Athletic polled 5 anonymous NFL executives to rank the AFC teams, top to bottom. One exec did not rank the Texans last. He ranked them next to last.

I’m going to assume there are 9 teams worse than the Texans in the NFC.

Dejaview

All Pro

Lol, so it’s better if Texans fans point out the flaws of their team while putting other teams in the best light. Who would ever want to be that guy?

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Cause they get paid to know stuff... and things... or something.

Makes me sad cause Im an opinionated SOB and yst nobody validates my opinions through my bank account.

I'd cry about it as most people seem to these days but thankfully Im too self center to worry about if others agree wirh me or not..... they can be wrong if they wanna be.
Yep. I know what ya mean. :lol:

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I’m going to assume there are 9 teams worse than the Texans in the NFC.
There will be bad teams in the NFC. 9 seems a wee bit high.

I think the bottom 3 teams in a league wide ranking would be Texans, Jets, Lions in some order. I’m expecting down years from the Saints and Bears in the NFC and the Pats in the AFC.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
There will be bad teams in the NFC. 9 seems a wee bit high.

I think the bottom 3 teams in a league wide ranking would be Texans, Jets, Lions in some order. I’m expecting down years from the Saints and Bears in the NFC and the Pats in the AFC.
The Saints will make the playoffs if Winston doesn't screw it up.

You're underestimating the Pats, although Mac will have growing pains.

Agreed about bottom feeders and the 🐻. I would add the Jags and Falcons to the list.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
well…it kinda is tho
Of course. But there's also informed and misinformed opinions. I'd assume they'd be a little bit more on the informed side considering their professions.

…..because it is their opinion. What validates their opinion as gospel?
Well, I'd never consider Captain Obvious to be gospel. lol

CaptainObvious.jpg

Validation will come in four months when the dust of the 2021 regular season settles and we see how right (or wrong) they were.

That said, I believe it would take a massive amount of delusion to have high expectations for the 2021 Houston Texans.

Reactions: JB