Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Watson’s a top 5 qb. Do you agree?

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
honestly its really as simple as moving Kenny Stills out to the wideout position when Fuller goes down. OBrien gets stubborn using Stills solely in the slot. They are essentially the same player. This offense should not stall out because Will Fuller gets hurt.
OB putting players in a position to succeed? That would be weird....for OB, that is.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
What OB QB should he more resemble when evaluating how he processes the information of OB's offense in real time?
You dont like me.

Remember?

The throw to Duke in Tennessee. Any number of screen shots that have been shown where the TE/RB in the flat is wide open.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
You dont like me.

Remember?

The throw to Duke in Tennessee. Any number of screen shots that have been shown where the TE/RB in the flat is wide open.
Not sure what that has to do with anything.

I mean, other than an obvious attempt to dodge the question I suppose. Fair enough.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Not sure what that has to do with anything.

I mean, other than an obvious attempt to dodge the question I suppose. Fair enough.
When have I ever dodged a question? I reply to all alerts and you know this. Even though I probably should re-think this policy because of posters like you who make posts like this.

BTW, I answered your post with the Duke in Tennessee and screen shots in my post. But you either were A. Drunk B. In the reading comprehension needs improvement crowd.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
When have I ever dodged a question? I reply to all alerts and you know this. Even though I probably should re-think this policy because of posters like you who make posts like this.

BTW, I answered your post with the Duke in Tennessee and screen shots in my post. But you either were A. Drunk B. In the reading comprehension needs improvement crowd.
Pretty sure the quotation consisted of asking for an example of a qb..

Could just be my wonky reading comprehension though..

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I think in the 2020 season the top 6 QBs will prob be

Jackson
Mahomes
Watson
Kirk cousin
jimmy G
Wilson

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
What OB QB should he more resemble when evaluating how he processes the information of OB's offense in real time?
Obviously the answer is Tom Savage. :thinking:

That O'Brien drafted and "developed" Tom Savage (for FOUR seasons) and tried to make him into a starting QB is all we need to know about O'Brien's much much vaunted "QB whisperer" skills.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
Allen size wise is comparable to Cam but he's a different qb. Bills dont utilize Allen on designed runs nearly as much. They could but a concussion and the elbow injury last year has made them think of him more in the long term. He'll run if you play man and turn your back and a occasional rpo run. Most of the rusot designed runs (he's not a tall white Lamar Jackson) In the red zone all bets are off as he seems to have a knack at getting into the endzone
:bravo::bravo::bravo:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Can you imagine what Watson could accomplish with a decent O line? Just a few more seconds to spin the magic. This constant abuse his body endures with each sack will shorten his career.
He was out of the pocket for most of those sacks & I don't think he took any big hits.

Not as bad as the hits Allen took. He didn't get sacked as much, but Watt, Mercilus, & Reader were teeing off on him in the pocket & Cunningham laid him out on one of his designed runs.

Boy can take a punch.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Which falls on coaching. Because this entire team is so freaking inconsistent. But as you can see, one member is only focused on the player he truly dislikes.
Not at all.

Just because I dont think DW4 can win a championship playing the way he does, See: the pass to Jones, doesn't mean I dont like him.

banned1976

sleeper mode
I wrote last night that I think Mahomes is better than Watson. I do believe that. I also believe both quarterbacks have the abilities and intangibles to be truly special, even transcendent quarterbacks. They could spend the next 15 years exchanging MVP awards. I mean, after Lamar gets his.

mws

Rookie
To quote Seth Payne on 610 Radio

"Josh Allen's mental toughness compared to Deshaun Watson's mental toughness is like the difference between a tiger & a little door mouse"

You can check it out here at 7:05.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame

"Josh Allen's mental toughness compared to Deshaun Watson's mental toughness is like the difference between a tiger & a little door mouse"

I see that Seth Payne is still a complete idiot then.

Clowns have always saturated our talk radio stations though. Nothing new.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member

I like when he brought up the 1,000 yard stare Allen had caught on camera at one point late in the game. I thought the same thing of it watching at home. Deshaun never looks not ready to engage, Josh looked utterly lost.

eriadoc

Texan-American
Top 5 qbs don't blow 24-0 leads
I don't know how to break this to you, but he didn't blow a 24 point lead. In fact, he didn't give up a single point. He didn't throw an INT. He didn't fumble. He really didn't do anything to help the Chiefs score points. You know who did? Every single man on defense and anyone making defensive calls. That's who "blew" the 24 point lead.

Bad take on your part. It's OK. It happens.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
I don't know how to break this to you, but he didn't blow a 24 point lead. In fact, he didn't give up a single point. He didn't throw an INT. He didn't fumble. He really didn't do anything to help the Chiefs score points. You know who did? Every single man on defense and anyone making defensive calls. That's who "blew" the 24 point lead.

Bad take on your part. It's OK. It happens.
Any points to break the 41-0 run
Any were needed

Dude it was a 41-0 run

It wasnt 14 pts in the 4th

Not ten in last 2 minutes

It was 41-0.

And he watched that.

41-0

Houdini watched 41-0

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
41-0