Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Watson’s a top 5 qb. Do you agree?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Totally agree with this. Playoffs and superbowl are 3-4 of consistency. Need that from Watson. 3-4 weeks in a row. Only OB can get in his way.
Not true,

#Moon

Watson has to prove he can play well in a playoff setting in the NFL for 3-4 weeks. So far the jury's s out on if he can do this. Hopefully he keeps improving and can do this. Sunday night was a step in the right direction. I'm sure if he turns out to be Moon that BOB will get the blame around these parts. That's OK, it comes with the territory and being a HC in the NFL.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
On the bright side all the Bill OBrien fans could follow his career while he goes on to win a championship with another team like Koobs did - when he “unfairly” gets run out of town. Hopefully he doesn’t have to have a stroke on the field beforehand. I cant lie, I cheesed up majorly watching all the ex Texans celebrate their championship with the Broncos after being discarded by McNair for a “better” coach. Snake Dick I miss youuuu!! Lol

on that note y’all seen Koobs offense is ranked right above OBriens offense in team stats currently with Minny? JUST SAYING!!!

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
does this look like the statistics from a guy who struggles reading a blitz even when you take out those hero plays?
I think it says nothing about his ability to read a blitz.

The game plan against Watson is to keep him in the pocket. Blitzing him forces him out of the pocket where his numbers are off the chart.

He beats blitzes because he is a god outside the pocket, not because he reads them well.

Give me some time, I'll try to find another way to say it.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

The game plan against Watson is to keep him in the pocket. Blitzing him forces him out of the pocket where his numbers are off the chart.

He beats blitzes because he is a god outside the pocket, not because he reads them well.

WatJICson walks on Ice Bath Water, he doesn't need a pocket. He just needs a pair of cleats.

Uncle Rico

so then what DOES say he’s struggling reading blitzing defenses to you? on the one hand you guys say he’s solely responsible for making that read, and then on the other yall want to include OBrien in the formula when he succeeds? Which is it? You guys see an open receiver while 5-7 guys are rushing in and expect him to make the throw every time regardless. It’s a standard that not even Brees and Brady are held to.

Uncle Rico

How would you compare Watson to Cousins?
I like Cousins, think he has the arm talent and IQ. He lacks intangibles and the ability to extend plays in a hyper aggressive modern nfl defense. He’s married to the REAL QB guru in Koobs and it’s a match made in heaven. Reminds me when Jake “the snake” Plummer used to run his offense. It’s a real offensive system that doesn’t require a bunch of elite level talent to run it. It creates pro bowlers. Passing concepts still are relevant. Zoneblocking run concepts have made Cook the best RB in football (might be CMAC) on the short list for sure

Watson in Koobs system would be illegal. Koobs has went to war with game managers and statues in the pocket and when he has a talent like Watson he usually goes to the Super Bowl.

Could Cousins run OBriens offense I wonder?

edit: comparing them to one another isn’t super fair because Watson is breaking records as a young QB and Cousins wasn’t a full time starter until year 4. His year 5-8 were phenomenal statistically however with more ints. Record wise cousins is an average QB who has made the most of his situations.

I’m a Watsonite Apostle bro so you know I can’t be too objective on the topic.

Last edited:

dream_team

Hall of Fame

TBH, do we care? The stats show when the defense blitz, Watson makes them pay. Isn't it all that matters?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
on the one hand you guys say he’s solely responsible for making that read, and then on the other yall want to include OBrien in the formula when he succeeds? Which is it?
I'm not one of them. Saying Watson needs to improve reading the blitz takes nothing away from BO'b.

BO'b calls in the play. Watson is supposed to do everything he can preSnap to make sure that play is executed to the best of the team's ability.

Just like he saw Hopkins singled up for his 35 yard TD (against the Colts I think) & the play he checked into leading to a 30 yard run by Carlos Hyde.

He reads the defense, adjust the play, then execute. He's not as good at it now as he will be.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
On the bright side all the Bill OBrien fans could follow his career while he goes on to win a championship with another team like Koobs did - when he “unfairly” gets run out of town. Hopefully he doesn’t have to have a stroke on the field beforehand. I cant lie, I cheesed up majorly watching all the ex Texans celebrate their championship with the Broncos after being discarded by McNair for a “better” coach. Snake Dick I miss youuuu!! Lol

on that note y’all seen Koobs offense is ranked right above OBriens offense in team stats currently with Minny? JUST SAYING!!!
Wade Phillips Denver defense did more to win the Super Bowl more than Kubiak’s offense who had Peyton Manning running it.

Kubiak had to be fired, sent to Baltimore to learn a thing or two more under Harbaugh in how to head coach, and then went to Denver to work with Peyton.

Minnesota’s offense being ran by Kubiak is over blown. He is a consultant and coincidentally got his son a job in the process...Plus the OC calling plays is Kevin Stefanski. He has the say in the offense and calling plays. Kubiak is more of a mentor to the coaches and working with the QBs. It helps to have Dalvin Cook as well. He is more of the offense and gets over looked because of Cousins spotlight.

And if Minnesota is ranked higher in offense I guess Watson shouldn’t have had bad games against Jacksonville, Carolina, Indy, and Baltimore.

But it’s all OB all the time.

Ok.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I'm not one of them. Saying Watson needs to improve reading the blitz takes nothing away from BO'b.

BO'b calls in the play. Watson is supposed to do everything he can preSnap to make sure that play is executed to the best of the team's ability.

Just like he saw Hopkins singled up for his 35 yard TD (against the Colts I think) & the play he checked into leading to a 30 yard run by Carlos Hyde.

He reads the defense, adjust the play, then execute. He's not as good at it now as he will be.
#blasphemy

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Brady in decline, his fans in denial.
Wow, what an amazing rebuttal there.

Not even a second look at stats or a review of how that has taken place in previous seasons.

You guys are just so thirsty to see the NE dynasty end that you all will say this every year.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Wade Phillips Denver defense did more to win the Super Bowl more than Kubiak’s offense who had Peyton Manning running it.

Kubiak had to be fired, sent to Baltimore to learn a thing or two more under Harbaugh in how to head coach, and then went to Denver to work with Peyton.

Minnesota’s offense being ran by Kubiak is over blown. He is a consultant and coincidentally got his son a job in the process...Plus the OC calling plays is Kevin Stefanski. He has the say in the offense and calling plays. Kubiak is more of a mentor to the coaches and working with the QBs. It helps to have Dalvin Cook as well. He is more of the offense and gets over looked because of Cousins spotlight.

And if Minnesota is ranked higher in offense I guess Watson shouldn’t have had bad games against Jacksonville, Carolina, Indy, and Baltimore.

Ok.

The people that continue to drag Kubiak and OB into discussion comparisons every chance they get have a mental illness. No other way to describe it at this point. We're almost an entire decade past that era for crying out loud and Kubiak is on his 3rd job since then.

banned1976

sleeper mode

Not even a second look at stats or a review of how that has taken place in previous seasons.

You guys are just so thirsty to see the NE dynasty end that you all will say this every year.
If you polled every fan of the NFL, 99% would say they’re “thirsty” for the Patriots dynasty to be over.

Brady is 42 years old. His stats this year aren’t a proper gauge of his ability. It’s more an example of Belichick’s brilliance than Brady.

This is the last year Brady is QB of the Pats.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!

To be fair, Kubiak won a SB with a team he didnt help build. Big difference from building your own team and winning one !

DanielTx

Veteran
You watch way to much ESPN which gives this narrative literally every season. Brady has had a hell of a season, and he's easily a top 10 QB still.

People that somehow think that means someone is in major decline aren't watching games and are just listening to shock jocks on MSM sports.
Brady is a statue now. Ok defenses blitz, he sees one guy and by the time he ducks and steps up he’s sacked. He’s to slow now. He’s playing amazing for a 42 year old but he’s average compared to the rest of the league as of this season. I get the Brady fans are saying wait until the playoffs but this isn’t a fluke. I’m a brady fan myself and he’s the goat in my eyes. He just doesn’t have it anymore. He’s still a winner at heart and is going to try but as far as driving the ball to score, he’s not succeeding unless his run game is successful. Having a top 3 defense and the greatest coach helps with a 10-2 record but when you play teams who are capable of winning the Super Bowl like the Texans and Ravens you’re not going to win because your qb has fallen off physically and he will start to decline mentally. I expect one of these young qbs to knock him out of the playoffs. He’ll come back next season and get the same results. Brady retires next season.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
Brady is a statue now. Ok defenses blitz, he sees one guy and by the time he ducks and steps up he’s sacked. He’s to slow now. He’s playing amazing for a 42 year old but he’s average compared to the rest of the league as of this season. I get the Brady fans are saying wait until the playoffs but this isn’t a fluke. I’m a brady fan myself and he’s the goat in my eyes. He just doesn’t have it anymore. He’s still a winner at heart and is going to try but as far as driving the ball to score, he’s not succeeding unless his run game is successful. Having a top 3 defense and the greatest coach helps with a 10-2 record but when you play teams who are capable of winning the Super Bowl like the Texans and Ravens you’re not going to win because your qb has fallen off physically and he will start to decline mentally. I expect one of these young qbs to knock him out of the playoffs. He’ll come back next season and get the same results. Brady retires next season.
Yeah but his WR group is **** IMO, that makes a big difference !

DanielTx

Veteran
Yeah but his WR group is **** IMO, that makes a big difference !
Yeah but the narrative use to be look what he’s doing with these guys off the streets, now his receivers are ****. The Julian fanboys who thinks he should be a hofer isn’t producing. They used there 1st round draft pick on a receiver and traded 2 solid receivers in DT and Gordon. Imo thats the coach fault. He failed to recognize Brady isn’t Jesus anymore. His accuracy just isn’t there.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Yeah but the narrative use to be look what he’s doing with these guys off the streets, now his receivers are ****. The Julian fanboys who thinks he should be a hofer isn’t producing. They used there 1st round draft pick on a receiver and traded 2 solid receivers in DT and Gordon. Imo thats the coach fault. He failed to recognize Brady isn’t Jesus anymore. His accuracy just isn’t there.
Brady will be fine, Wynn has to get in shape and Brady has to develop a repore with Harry. Edelman is still a great player who Brady trusts the most. What the Pats are really missing is Gronk.

banned1976

sleeper mode
In my opinion Bill is trying to do for Brady what the Broncos did with Manning. He’s trying to compensate for a declining Brady by building a championship caliber defense.

I actually have the Patriots winning out and finishing with the #1 or #2 seed, I forget which one. But I don’t think that defense is good enough (yet) to carry the offense to the super bowl.

Btw, since this is a Watson thread, if he was on that Patriots team, because of his ability to create plays on the run and Beli’s ability to maximize his quarterbacks skills, I’d pick the Patriots to win the super bowl. No question about it.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
In my opinion Bill is trying to do for Brady what the Broncos did with Manning. He’s trying to compensate for a declining Brady by building a championship caliber defense.

I actually have the Patriots winning out and finishing with the #1 or #2 seed, I forget which one. But I don’t think that defense is good enough (yet) to carry the offense to the super bowl.

Btw, since this is a Watson thread, if he was on that Patriots team, because of his ability to create plays on the run and Beli’s ability to maximize his quarterbacks skills, I’d pick the Patriots to win the super bowl. No question about it.
The situation with the Pats this year and Broncos aren't close. The Broncos had a lot of weapons and good running game for Manning to play with. They had veterans like Thomas and Emmanual Sanders who Manning had played with for years. The Pats have had a merry go round of WR's this season in and out of the line up and an undrafted rookie taking a ton of snaps.

If you think that Brady is anything close to what Manning what that season then I don't think you've looked at any of the statistics or the games. Manning was a complete disaster who was leading the league in INT's by a long margin before he got hurt for Oz to step in. He was throwing muddled balls all over the place and his arm was awful at that point.

Belicheck hasn't helped Brady at all. He's put an enormous amount of weight on his shoulders to carry an offense that has poor blocking, no running game, and below average WR's. It wouldn't matter what season Brady had, he'd have similar numbers if he had this type of situation the Pats have given him.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
If you polled every fan of the NFL, 99% would say they’re “thirsty” for the Patriots dynasty to be over.

Brady is 42 years old. His stats this year aren’t a proper gauge of his ability. It’s more an example of Belichick’s brilliance than Brady.

This is the last year Brady is QB of the Pats.
Brady had led top 5 offenses for like 13 years or with several different OC's and more WR's than any other elite QB the game has ever seen. He's carried a ton of sub par defenses for years from NE.

Belicheck hasn't done squat as a HC until he had Brady, so factually that is incorrect.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame

That's because they don't have a running game or anyone that can get open on the outside. When Brady's best WR's are Edelman and James White who is a midget at RB, then its a lot easier to stop Julian Edelman.

Brady had a similar season like this in 2013 which I posted several times, and even left an article but many in here are afraid to look at information and statistics that interfere with their narrative.

Brady is easily playing like a top 10 QB this season. How is that bad or a major decline. He has 21 TD's to 6 INT's and is 5th total passing yards and they've had a lot of TD drives vultured by RB's as well. Before last week they were 5th in total scoring on offense which is an indicator that it isn't nearly as bad as it looks at times. The defense has helped them to score points, but they've also had missed kicks and extra points all season which brings down their total a lot. You easily look at that and consider how bad the WR situation has been, the offensive line being banged up all year, and no running attack, and I'm pretty happy with Brady's play at QB. He's a top 10 QB.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller

53% completion percentage, 4.7 Y/A, 1 TD, 1 INT, 63.3 passer rating, against one of the worst defenses in football....yeah his stats are f'ing amazing.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
53% completion percentage, 4.7 Y/A, 1 TD, 1 INT, 63.3 passer rating, against one of the worst defenses in football....yeah his stats are f'ing amazing.
You'd have to be blind to have watched that game and acted like Brady didn't play really well.

Clearly you didn't. The refs took away two TD's on one drive which effected the score a whole lot and he had that same undrafted rookie drop a TD pass in the end zone as well. NE also can't kick FG's and had one blocked and had no confidence that they went for it on a 4th and 7 without even trying to kick. Oh, and that was after a dropped pass on 3rd down.

Belicheck blew that game also by blowing off those awful challenges like he was OB which allowed the officials to blow off all the calls. (Two TD's and a PASS INT on the last drive)

Your entire post is laughable and obvious you didn't even watch the game. You refused to look at stats earlier when it part of the conversation and came back posting stats from one game. Lol!

Based on your same assertion, Watson is trash and is in decline by the same standard.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
You'd have to be blind to have watched that game and acted like Brady didn't play really well.

Clearly you didn't. The refs took away two TD's on one drive which effected the score a whole lot and he had that same undrafted rookie drop a TD pass in the end zone as well. NE also can't kick FG's and had one blocked and had no confidence that they went for it on a 4th and 7 without even trying to kick. Oh, and that was after a dropped pass on 3rd down.

Belicheck blew that game also by blowing off those awful challenges like he was OB which allowed the officials to blow off all the calls. (Two TD's and a PASS INT on the last drive)

Your entire post is laughable and obvious you didn't even watch the game.
OK Brady lover. Whatever you say.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
At this point I’m OK with a new GM coming in and hiring a new coaching staff and the Texans starting all over with a new QB.

Time for a good old fashioned fire sale.
You literally just said described me as "jumping to conclusions" for trashing some of OB's moves in the thread about him becoming a permanent GM. Lol!

Now you're saying he should be fired for both.

Here comes the Prisoner of the moment flip flops I knew I'd see after this game. Just a few days ago it was jumping to conclusions to suggest this.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
ya know some week it sure does not feel like it that Watson is a top 5 QB if the Texans make the playoffs I hope he plays well …

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
When he's been healthy, has Patrick Mahomes had games like this?

Has Mahomes every been out played by a rookie in his 2nd start? A rookie who didn't even know his teams plays?

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
OK Brady lover. Whatever you say.
Again Lol! No rebuttal of substance what so ever. Just old anger over the Patriots success.

Texans got blown out today and Watson is in major decline based on your standard of cherry picking a few stats. You no longer get to blame O' Brien or any other outside factors anymore if he isn't lighting up the stat board. That's the precedent you've set here.

76Texan

Hall of Fame

Ok.
I think you totally underestimate Kubiak's role/achievement with the Broncos as well with the Vikings.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Again Lol! No rebuttal of substance what so ever. Just old anger over the Patriots success.

Texans got blown out today and Watson is in major decline based on your standard of cherry picking a few stats. You no longer get to blame O' Brien or any other outside factors anymore if he isn't lighting up the stat board. That's the precedent you've set here.
You're the dude that told me to look at his stats, and now you want to ignore those stats. Talk about lack of substance.

It's getting real frustrating to see other teams able to get more out of their young QB than our team. Watson has it in him to be top 5 easily but is lacking the consistency needed to stay top 5. Is it coaching? Because that feels like the difference between him and his contemporaries. I can't think of one QB who's producing well with a mediocre or bad HC.

Even in a down year Brady has Bellicheck
Goff who's not great has McVay
Mitch who sucks has Nagy
Mahomes has Reid
Lamar had Harbaugh
Josh Allen has McDermott who had him looking competitive and I think Josh has limitations
Reich had Brissett look good at times
Vrabel has Tannihill balling
Russ has Pete Carrol
Jimmy G has Shannahan
Kirk had Zimmer

I think they're all better HC than Bill except maybe Vrabrel...who I'm not sure what to make of him yet

With that said, I'm an objective person and DW isn't saved from criticism, no one is. Having a quarter of his games this season be bad games is concerning. While I have faith he'll improve, I think there's a ceiling with the staff around him. He can be accurate, dynamic and a game changer or he can hold the ball too long and take hits/sacks he doesn't need too. He may be the type you take the good with the bad on. Who knows, overall I still like him year 3

Deshaun Watson has...Bill O'Brien

Matt Stafford has Matt Patricia so he's probably the only solid QB with a bad HC I can think of

DanielTx

Veteran
You know what man, I’m really pissed off. The qb isn’t the issue. It’s the coach. Our qb has beaten great teams like last week and all of a sudden you think it’s his fault we lost? Lmao remember we lost 42-7 @ Baltimore. This is starting to become a trend. If O’Brien doesn’t get fired after this season. I have a strong feeling Watson will test free agency. Wtf how are you down 38-3 against a rookie when you have Deshaun Watson? Like I said before, he isn’t the right coach for this team. Besides the pats game last week, they get out to slow starts. No, this wasn’t the aftermath of beating the patriots and not focusing, this happen because bill obrien didn’t set his players up for success. Honestly how do you have Dhop, Kenny stills and a tight end pro bowler with a star qb and you have 3 pts at half time? Is the broncos defense better than the patriots lol Watson is still top 5. This coach is inconsistent as ****. A average coach would have at least put up 7 or 14 with that line up but damn man. Might as well not even watch the playoffs, I don’t think I will. As long as O’Brien is coaching this team won’t get anywhere. I didn’t watch the game but just looking at the score it doesn’t make any sense why a talented team like the Texans would lose against a rookie lol

Last edited:

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
You're the dude that told me to look at his stats, and now you want to ignore those stats. Talk about lack of substance.
Don't try to lie about the convo.

You were to chicken **** to even view them, and all you did was wait until a KC game was over where you cherry picked the stats you wanted and ignored the rest of the season and everything else. Lol! You haven't looked at any stats. I posted some to Daniel earlier, and you totally ignored those because it didn't fit your narrative.

But now you've got to back pedal off of trashing Watson since your argument is that the QB is to blame for all issues.

Texansballer74

The Marine
This was a team loss period gents. We got dominated on every stage of this game. These coaches can not babysit these grown ash million dollar ballers like that. They have to take responsibility and man the freakaziod up. No way in heck should a bad team like the Broncos come in your building and manhandle you like a rag doll. At this point of the season we should not be mentally weak like this either. Especially if we’re serious about winning a SB.

Now these coaches have to demand better. They have to help put this team in position to be successful. For the love of the great almighty why did RAC go back to the defense that’s clearly not the answer. Last week we played a lot of bump and run. B Mac should never been in coverage. It should be Gipson responsibility of checking these tight ends. You got to aggressive and cute with your schemes and we got abused.

RAC shoulders the bulk of the blame IMO.

DanielTx

Veteran
This was a team loss period gents. We got dominated on every stage of this game. These coaches can not babysit these grown ash million dollar ballers like that. They have to take responsibility and man the freakaziod up. No way in heck should a bad team like the Broncos come in your building and manhandle you like a rag doll. At this point of the season we should not be mentally weak like this either. Especially if we’re serious about winning a SB.

Now these coaches have to demand better. They have to help put this team in position to be successful. For the love of the great almighty why did RAC go back to the defense that’s clearly not the answer. Last week we played a lot of bump and run. B Mac should never been in coverage. It should be Gipson responsibility of checking these tight ends. You got to aggressive and cute with your schemes and we got abused.

RAC shoulders the bulk of the blame IMO.
It’s week 15. They're never going to get it. It’s no point in watching the playoffs. It’s Super Bowl or bust. I thought Watson greatness could carry the worst coach in the league but I was wrong.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
It's getting real frustrating to see other teams able to get more out of their young QB than our team. Watson has it in him to be top 5 easily but is lacking the consistency needed to stay top 5. Is it coaching? Because that feels like the difference between him and his contemporaries. I can't think of one QB who's producing well with a mediocre or bad HC.

Even in a down year Brady has Bellicheck
Goff who's not great has McVay
Mitch who sucks has Nagy
Mahomes has Reid
Lamar had Harbaugh
Josh Allen has McDermott who had him looking competitive and I think Josh has limitations
Reich had Brissett look good at times
Vrabel has Tannihill balling
Russ has Pete Carrol
Jimmy G has Shannahan
Kirk had Zimmer

I think they're all better HC than Bill except maybe Vrabrel...who I'm not sure what to make of him yet

With that said, I'm an objective person and DW isn't saved from criticism, no one is. Having a quarter of his games this season be bad games is concerning. While I have faith he'll improve, I think there's a ceiling with the staff around him. He can be accurate, dynamic and a game changer or he can hold the ball too long and take hits/sacks he doesn't need too. He may be the type you take the good with the bad on. Who knows, overall I still like him year 3

Deshaun Watson has...Bill O'Brien

Matt Stafford has Matt Patricia so he's probably the only solid QB with a bad HC I can think of
WatJICson wasn't a too 5 QB today. It's all BOB's fault.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
WatJICson wasn't a too 5 QB today. It's all BOB's fault.
It is.

Watson’s strength is a short/compact delivery and a quick decisive strike.

O’Brien needs to bring in guys that can get open quickly with either quickness or precise route running and install plays to maximize those strength.

Mix it with some RPO concepts that utilize Watson’s shiftiness in between with play action roll out.

It’s just too bad that O’brien can’t teach the players to run a good screen game or design (even copy) deceptions.

O’Brien doesn’t have a clue on how to build a team because he has no vision.

He doesn’t help his players enough, but mostly just rely on his players to win the route, the block, etc.

His offense has no identity; it just goes round and round.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
It is.

Watson’s strength is a short/compact delivery and a quick decisive strike.

O’Brien needs to bring in guys that can get open quickly with either quickness or precise route running and install plays to maximize those strength.

Mix it with some RPO concepts that utilize Watson’s shiftiness in between with play action roll out.

It’s just too bad that O’brien can’t teach the players to run a good screen game or design (even copy) deceptions.

O’Brien doesn’t have a clue on how to build a team because he has no vision.

He doesn’t help his players enough, but mostly just rely on his players to win the route, the block, etc.

His offense has no identity; it just goes round and round.
An expected post.

When WatJICson plays 3 great games in a row get back to me. This is what he's going to have to do in the playoffs.

BTW, BOB didn't have his team ready to play today. Pat's hangover.

The Tacks with Tannehill are going to be hard to beat.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
An expected post.

When WatJICson plays 3 great games in a row get back to me. This is what he's going to have to do in the playoffs.

BTW, BOB didn't have his team ready to play today. Pat's hangover.

The Tacks with Tannehill are going to be hard to beat.
Like you had said, the two of them (OB and Watson) is not a great mix.

Remember that I had pointed out some of Watson's flaws out of college.
I wasn't blind to those shortcomings.

OB's lack of vision is most detrimental though.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Don't try to lie about the convo.

You were to chicken **** to even view them, and all you did was wait until a KC game was over where you cherry picked the stats you wanted and ignored the rest of the season and everything else. Lol! You haven't looked at any stats. I posted some to Daniel earlier, and you totally ignored those because it didn't fit your narrative.

But now you've got to back pedal off of trashing Watson since your argument is that the QB is to blame for all issues.
Chicken **** to view them??
I ******* typed out the stats and compared him to Mitch freaking Trubisky and Gardner Minshew. You blew that off.

And where have I ever trashed Watson? You’ve obviously got me confused for someone else.

Watson is expected to carry this team and when he plays poorly the coaches fail to help him and the offense. Couple that with a terrible defense and you get what we all saw. This team will not win the division and there is a chance they miss the playoffs. One can only hope.
There's probably some truth there. Mahomes has not been all that great last 3 weeks but the Chiefs have been winning regardless. Yesterday, it looks like he got banged up a bit but still. He was even out a couple of games and they still won against the Vikings and were competitive against the Packers.

I don't expect Watson or any QB for that matter to be perfect every week. That's just not possible in a contact sport, but there is something that isn't clicking consistently. The moments are there but we need more than moments from him if we are going to win anything. I hope that is more of a reflection on the coaching than on Watson because its far harder to find a franchise QB than a good coach imo. Neither are easy that grows on trees, but teams like Chicago never had a QB and they've been around forever but have had some pretty damn good coaches in that stretch.

For the record, I never hope to lose or miss playoffs.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Like you had said, the two of them (OB and Watson) is not a great mix.

Remember that I had pointed out some of Watson's flaws out of college.
I wasn't blind to those shortcomings.

OB's lack of vision is most detrimental though.
This depends on if you think WatJICson can play 3-4 great games in a row to win a SB. So far the answer to that is no he cant. This isn't the yr he's going to be able to do it, regardless of who the HC is.