Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Vince Young – Back in the Saddle Again!

Young is big, fast, and just barely does anything else well enough to remain a QB, in spite of how very big and fast he is. He wins games. He changes the game, in fact. I have to be honest. I don't like him because, stupid or not, he wins stupid. He could literally be dumb as a cow and still win games at a position that normally takes skill and brains. It's irritating as Hell. Regardless of what his IQ may be, he plays like the ultimate dumb jock. He doesn't have to know what the heck he is doing, as long as he can wait for the backfield to spread back covering receivers, slip by a few DLs, break a LB arm tackle, and run over a few DBs. Size, speed...........air.

I hope Cushing knocks the air out of 'im.

Do you know his W-L record in the NFL?

Young is big, fast, and just barely does anything else well enough to remain a QB, in spite of how very big and fast he is. He wins games. He changes the game, in fact. I have to be honest. I don't like him because, stupid or not, he wins stupid. He could literally be dumb as a cow and still win games at a position that normally takes skill and brains. It's irritating as Hell. Regardless of what his IQ may be, he plays like the ultimate dumb jock. He doesn't have to know what the heck he is doing, as long as he can wait for the backfield to spread back covering receivers, slip by a few DLs, break a LB arm tackle, and run over a few DBs. Size, speed...........air.

OK, this HAS to be the greatest VY post I have ever read because it is SO true. The fact that he plays for the Titans makes this all the more true.

The irritating piece of his story is one wonders how good he could be if he was a student of the game? That's what continually irks me about Young. He's like HWWNBN, just playing on a better team.

Says the guy whose team just got beat by them.

The Titans run will end this Sunday or the following Monday.

Well, they say history repeats himself, and I seem to remember the Titans being in a very similar situation 3 years ago. Run the table? Probably not. But cap the year off very strongly? Very reasonable.

Well, they say history repeats himself, and I seem to remember the Titans being in a very similar situation 3 years ago. Run the table? Probably not. But cap the year off very strongly? Very reasonable.

Before the season started, the Titans were widely expected to return to the playoffs this year. So this may not be as far fetched as some people think.

Before the season started, the Titans were widely expected to return to the playoffs this year. So this may not be as far fetched as some people think.

The Titans are the best of the so called "bad" teams in the league. They are better than their record.

Everyone knows what happens to the Texans when it's on the line. MNF will be no different.

21-11, with 6th 4th quarter comebacks

None of you will talk about it, but as a Houstonian, I know how sick everyone of you is going to be after Vince wins again in Houston

Everyone knows what happens to the Texans when it's on the line. MNF will be no different.

None of you will talk about it, but as a Houstonian, I know how sick everyone of you is going to be after Vince wins again in Houston

Go away troll, VY jock sniffin' boi!! Vincent, errrrrrrrr Radio sucks!

radiopuba.jpg

You know , this might be in bad taste but as a Texan fan , I say we ought to boo him when he walks on the field . Why ... he thinks Reliant is his stadium , with his fans , so we boo him to hurt his feelings and make him quit again .

You know , this might be in bad taste but as a Texan fan , I say we ought to boo him when he walks on the field . Why ... he thinks Reliant is his stadium , with his fans , so we boo him to hurt his feelings and make him quit again .

I booooooo him anyway. ****in' 'Sip!!! :)

I don't think the hype was all about race. In high school, Vince could put more behinds in seats than the Houston Cougars. He went from local hero to National hero during his college years.

#1 *When Vince went to UT some of my son's friends went to see him practice, and came back shaking their heads, as if, he isn't ready yet! However, Vince developed a habit, same as in high school, conventional or unconventional as getting results. I don't mind being challenged, but #2 *I am still in amazement as to how in the world did he pull off that upset against USC.

My comments about Vince should be well documented, as I didn't give up on him and still haven't. I think there are things that he could have handled differently, and I'm sure when he is older and look back, he will agree as well. Hopefully he had enough people in his corner at his lowest point to encourage him to stay focused, and for God's sake not read or listen to sports critics. It is my desire that he will further his career as a successful NFL quarterback.

1. Well Ma'am, :tiphat: Vince wasn't ready to QB at the college level. He was blessed with one of the best college Offensive lines in football as was Matt Leinart. You'll note both of them have done equally well in the NFL.

2. I will draw some fire from Texas-Exes in here...but VUGG-IT! (excuse my language) One of U.T's first quarter TDs in that game was a pitch into the endzone by a player whose KNEE was on the deck who had a defender on his back. Mind you I'm not EXPERT in the game of football...but last time I checked if you had a ball in your hand, a knee on the ground and an opposing player on your back you were considered DOWN...but apparently in that game that rule didn't apply if you had on a white jersey. Also in the last minute and a half of play USC was called for a PHANTOM Unnessasary Roughness call out of bounds on a U.T. 3rd and long. The penalty gave U.T GREAT feild position and Vince ran it in for a TD. Poor officiating and dumb luck will get one far, but only to a point. As Bob Marley once said:

"Every day the bucket goes to the well, but one day the bottom will drop out." In other words you can get over for a while, but ultimately if you don't have what it takes you're not going to make it. If Vince was truly the messiah of the gridiron then Kerry Collins wouldn't have been given the nod in the first place. Vince wasn't doing so great, that's why he was benched. What is his record as a starter? And how did the Titans do once they sat him down? Night and day Ma'am wouldn't you say? It could be argued that Rex Grossman is a great QB because he made it to a Superbowl, but if nothing else that SB appearance proved what Rex's nay sayers had BEEN saying all season...he simply isn't up the NFL game but for what it's worth there are quite a few NFL QB's who aren't.

vince young and matt leinhardt have both have the saem level of success in the NFL?

where are the rational Texans fans?

btw,
Vince is the greatest college football players of our life time

My true fear is not the Texans improving defense, but that schaub and company will come out firing from the get-go against are beatable secondary.

Texans season on the line this week?

vince young and matt leinhardt have both have the saem level of success in the NFL?

btw,
players
???
Greatest QB...No
Greatest RB...No
Greatest WR...No
Greatest WaterBoy...Yes
Greatest Sideline Crybaby...Yes

I did not think even a VY BB could utter such an idiotic and delusional statement as that!:lol:

My true fear is not the Texans improving defense, but that schaub and company will come out firing from the get-go against are beatable secondary.

Texans season on the line this week?

Our season's on the line on a bye week? :thinking:

Our season's on the line on a bye week? :thinking:

Well yeah! Could be major injuries on the beach and Schaub may pull a
Caminiti and fall out of the tree blind and Jackonsville may beat the Jets in NJ and the Titans will win out and Kubiak gets hit by a truck and....

This Titansfan obviously has no clue about the NFL or the Texans.

Is this Titans89 on gotitans?

The Titans are not winning this game.

You would think they are in first place, you are 2-6 and that is PATHETIC!

While Earl definitely gets the nod, I would also put some of these guys ahead of Radio.

Bo Jackson
Archie Griffin (*ahem* two Heisman's to Vince's 0)

I would add Tim Tebow to the list of players, did Vince even win a Heisman? Nope. Greatest college player of our time, yea right. And I'm a longhorn fan, too.

While Earl definitely gets the nod, I would also put some of these guys ahead of Radio.

Bo Jackson

yep, no argument from me there! I just mentioned Earl because ICOUFan claimed to be from Houston and should be able to relate if he really is from Htown.

btw,

Leinart BACKED UP the guy who LOST the Superbowl last year...Vince saw his team make it to the play offs last year and lose...as a BACKUP. But I stand corrected, my logic here convaluted and has no basis in: facts, or data which could easily be confirmed by visiting the web-sites of either the Cardinals, Titans, NFL, ESPN, Associated Press, United Press International, Reuters or the NFL themselves. It's merely my OPINION that Kurt Warner is/was the Cardinals STARTER last season or that Kerry Collins was the STARTER for the Titans.
I'm merely a small minded hate filled man who attacks successful professional athletes whose offensive lines are so incredible and are so well paid that their teams went to the added expense of paying sub-par elderly QB's to APPEAR to be at the helms of their respective teams as to protect them from any form of injury. In fact I apologize especially to Matt Leinart and his back up Kurt Warner for thinking that they lost the Superbowl to the Pittsburgh Steelers, as that was merely a product of my fertile imagination as well along with the 'consolation tickertape parade' the Steelers threw themselves upon their return to the Steel city with the Lombardi trophy they borrowed from the victorious Cardinals in tow.

:sarcasm:

The preceding sarcasm was brought to you by the Dread-Head Foundation. The Dread-Head Foundation, providing sarcastic quips and diatribes since 1969: Texan Bill Treasurer

Wouldn't that depend on the AGE of the person you were talking to? I saw Barry Sanders, Troy Aikman Ricky Williams, Brian Bosworth, John Elway, Mr. Warren Moon , Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders and Andre Johnson play college ball. Some remember watching Earl Campbell, O.J. Simpson, Tony Dorsette and Roger Staubach play, and I'm relatively sure that there remain a handful of people who might have seen Jim Thorpe and the Late Great Red Grange play. I won't judge VY's career until it ends, but at present he hasn't done anything impressive ...YET.

Reactions: JB
url

College football's only two-time Heisman trophy winner. In their four seasons with Griffin as their starting running back, the Buckeyes posted a record of 40-5-1 (all he did was WIN!). Griffin is one of only two players in collegiate football history to start four Rose Bowl games, the other being Brian Cushing.

The problem with me naming VY the greatest college player of all time is that he really only had one dominant season. His sophmore year was good however he had meltdown vs OU.

If he would have played his senior season, had a similar season to his junior season and brought us another NC then I would consider him.

Earl Campbell is my personal favorite college player and NFL player for that matter however it's really hard to say he was the greatest if you look at this objectively. It's crazy to think Ricky Williams broke many of his school records because I would never think Ricky Williams should be mentioned in the same breath as Earl, however it's two different eras and I admit I am biased.

hmm as a running QB

Tommie James Frazier, Jr. (born on July 16, 1974, in Bradenton, Florida) is a former NCAA football quarterback for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. He is considered one of the greatest option quarterbacks in NCAA Division I-A history.

Frazier led his team to back-to-back consensus national championships in 1994 and 1995, and he remains the only quarterback to have done so since the 1950s. The 1995 Nebraska team is considered to have been one of the most dominant in the history of American college football.[1][2] In a 2006 ESPN.com poll, the results of which aired on SportsCenter, the 1995 Nebraska team was voted the best college team of all time.

Career Statistics

Record as starter: 33-3 (91.7%)
Passing: 250-509 (49.1%), 4,003 yards, 47 TD, 18 INT
Rushing: 386 carries, 2,263 yards (5.9 ypc), 36 TD
Senior stats (Heisman Trophy runner-up): 98-177 (55.4%), 1,467 yards, 18 TD, 6 INT
113 carries, 803 yards (7.1 ypc), 16 TD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommie_Frazier

ollege career statistics
Year Passing Rushing
Comp Att Yards TDs Int Att Yds Avg TD
2003 84 143 1,155 6 7 135 998 7.4 11
2004 148 250 1,849 12 11 167 1,079 6.5 14
2005 212 325 3,036 26 10 155 1,050 6.8 12
Totals 444 718 6,040 44 28 457 3,127 6.8 37

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Young

The bar has been steadily lowered for Vince to the point where he can step over it by accident. On the rare occasion he plays up to his billing, it is treated by his loyal followers much like parents treat a 3 year old for making doody in the potty.

I'm not ready to call VY the best ever, but I do give him credit for making things happen to get the win. As far as Heisman's, add a zero to Adrian Peterson and trophies to the following:

Andre Ware
Ty Detmer
Howard, Desmond
Torretta, Gino
Charlie Ward
Salaam, Rashaan
Wuerffel, Danny
Dayne, Ron
Weinke, Chris
Crouch, Eric
White, Jason
Leinart, Matt
Bush, Reggie
Smith, Troy

I'm not ready to call VY the best ever, but I do give him credit for making things happen to get the win. As far as Heisman's, add a zero to Adrian Peterson and trophies to the following:

Andre Ware
Ty Detmer
Howard, Desmond
Torretta, Gino
Charlie Ward
Salaam, Rashaan
Wuerffel, Danny
Dayne, Ron
Weinke, Chris
Crouch, Eric
White, Jason
Leinart, Matt
Bush, Reggie
Smith, Troy

They all had great COLLEGE careers, which was the focus of ICOUFan's statement about "greatest college football player of our life time". What they did in the pros has nothing to do with this debate. :)

They all had great COLLEGE careers, which was the focus of ICOUFan's statement about "greatest college football player of our life time". What they did in the pros has nothing to do with this debate. :)

Good point, but even with that VY isn't the greatest college player in our lifetimes. Very good, yes, very good for Texas, but most certainly not the best in college.

btw,

If by "in our lifetime" you mean this century, then that would be Tim Tebow. Hands down. Heisman, two National Championships, maybe a third (at the moment the Gators are on top of the AP and Coach's polls)... to Young's one national title and no Heismans.

All time I'd have to go with Jim Thorpe or Red Grange or Jim Brown or Archie Griffin or Roger Staubach or even Orenthal James Simpson.

Last edited:
Some of those people on that Shaggybevo UT board are real d-bags. Look at some of the quotes -

"I laughed when Daniels was lost for the year."

"I like how the only people who want the Texans game on in Austin LIVE IN HOUSTON.

Isn't there a strip mall with a Subway and NAIL shop you should be hanging out in?

The vast majority of Austin would rather watch the Titans for the rest of the season over having to watch some team called the "Texans"."

"My whole family is from Houston, and I'd rather watch VY than the Texans, 10 times out of 10. I don't know a single person in Austin who would rather watch the Texans than VY. I'm not saying they don't exist. Just that I don't know any retarded people."

"**** you, move to Houston."

"You need to reread you history books. Houston screwed the oilers not the other way around. Adams wanted what the Texans got. He knew where the NFL was going and what he'd need and our f-tard mayor and voters told him no. We got what we deserved...the laughable 'Houston' 'Texans'."

Some of those people on that Shaggybevo UT board are real d-bags. Look at some of the quotes -

"I laughed when Daniels was lost for the year."

"I like how the only people who want the Texans game on in Austin LIVE IN HOUSTON.

Isn't there a strip mall with a Subway and NAIL shop you should be hanging out in?

The vast majority of Austin would rather watch the Titans for the rest of the season over having to watch some team called the "Texans"."

"My whole family is from Houston, and I'd rather watch VY than the Texans, 10 times out of 10. I don't know a single person in Austin who would rather watch the Texans than VY. I'm not saying they don't exist. Just that I don't know any retarded people."

"**** you, move to Houston."

"You need to reread you history books. Houston screwed the oilers not the other way around. Adams wanted what the Texans got. He knew where the NFL was going and what he'd need and our f-tard mayor and voters told him no. We got what we deserved...the laughable 'Houston' 'Texans'."

I didn't go to UT but respect it as a university.

That said, let's all give a collective F&*K YOU to people that have more allegiance to their university than their state.

Wait, I feel like well repeating that - F&*K YOU

Keep it going folks.

I didn't go to UT but respect it as a university.

That said, let's all give a collective F&*K YOU to people that have more allegiance to their university than their state.

Wait, I feel like well repeating that - F&*K YOU

Keep it going folks.

d_thumbsup.gif

That comment about OD just shows what a bunch of b!tches they are, that's just wrong. No matter how bad I dislike a team, I never want to see a player get hurt to the extent it takes them out for the season. Even if it is a division opponent, that's not cool.

Oh yeah, I forgot....... F&*K YOU!

I know the mods here ban certain offensive words (like id io t). I would like to suggest a few additions to that list, if I may:

"VY"
"Vince Young"
"V!nce Y0ung" and all other numerically spelled versions.

It would reduce the trolling, spam, and useless posts, IMO.

:D

re: austin quotes

how on earth can u all be mad at austin because they dont support the texans? utterly ridiculous.

the austin tv game should be ratings driven and thats it. if more people want to watch vince in austin, then good for them for supporting the guy who gave them the greatest sports moment they will ever have

as for their rage, eg laughing at daniels....many of us non texan fans were very excited to get vince in houston. when the texans passed it broke our hearts.

hate us if u must

why did u post the quote about houston not giving bud the stadium? thats true, isn't it? how much did we give mcnair to biuld reliant. i remember people saying he paid for everything, but im pretty sure houston gave some money up. they def did for the astros and i believe the rockets.

t minus 40 minutes
hey vince, make it do what it do baby

re: austin quotes

how on earth can u all be mad at austin because they dont support the texans? utterly ridiculous.

the austin tv game should be ratings driven and thats it. if more people want to watch vince in austin, then good for them for supporting the guy who gave them the greatest sports moment they will ever have

as for their rage, eg laughing at daniels....many of us non texan fans were very excited to get vince in houston. when the texans passed it broke our hearts.

hate us if u must

why did u post the quote about houston not giving bud the stadium? thats true, isn't it? how much did we give mcnair to biuld reliant. i remember people saying he paid for everything, but im pretty sure houston gave some money up. they def did for the astros and i believe the rockets.

t minus 40 minutes
hey vince, make it do what it do baby

the deal was set that we weren't going to get Vince when they signed Carr to the extension.. that should have been a given

If I remember correctly, some were more upset with not getting DJ and taking TJ instead (at the time)

Back