Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Vince Young – Back in the Saddle Again!

Vince Young led the Titans to another victory today, bringing his record as a starting QB this season to 7-1. The Titans are now tied with five other teams in the AFC with a recod of 7-7, one-half game behind the 7-6 Baltimore Ravens for the final wild-card spot. Baltimore hosts Chicago today, so the Ravens are expected to win and improve their record to 8-6.

Vince Young finished the day 14/27 for 236 with 3 touchdowns and one interception. He also ran the ball twice for 24 yards. All in all, a very nice performance. And of course, the Titans did win.

It looks like he is starting to settle down into a more balanced, throw first type quarterback. If Vince Young continues along his current trajectory of improvement and increasing maturity, no one should be surprised to see Vince returning to the Pro Bowl in the years to come.

Vince Young led the Titans to another victory today, bringing his record as a starting QB this season to 7-1. The Titans are now tied with five other teams in the AFC with a recod of 7-7, one-half game behind the 7-6 Baltimore Ravens for the final wild-card spot. Baltimore hosts Chicago today, so the Ravens are expected to win and improve their record to 8-6.

Vince Young finished the day 14/27 for 236 with 3 touchdowns and one interception. He also ran the ball twice for 24 yards. All in all, a very nice performance. And of course, the Titans did win.

It looks like he is starting to settle down into a more balanced, throw first type quarterback. If Vince Young continues along his current trajectory of improvement and increasing maturity, no one should be surprised to see Vince returning to the Pro Bowl in the years to come.
Whoa-there. He had a nice game, but not Pro-Bowl caliber by any means yet. 14/27? He had some VERY nice long passes (best I've ever seen him throw), but he has some ground to cover before the words Pro Bowl need to come up.

Whoa-there. He had a nice game, but not Pro-Bowl caliber by any means yet. 14/27? He had some VERY nice long passes (best I've ever seen him throw), but he has some ground to cover before the words Pro Bowl need to come up.

The thing is, Vince knows that. He's always been a good QB simply because of what he makes your defense prepare for and the fact that even with his legs he keeps the offense on the field.

What people fail to realize is that he also has a dynamic runner in Chris Johnson.

Vince is nowhere close to being elite at his position but he certainly has improved and the team seems to believe in him. I'm shocked the tanking of the Titans didn't last the whole year.

I'm shocked the tanking of the Titans didn't last the whole year.

I'm not. This is par for the curse.

The misery of "what if" from this year's nick of too late recovery added to the inevitable "what happened?" crush to the optimism going in to next year is the perfect curse storm.

2010 is going to be fun to watch. :popcorn:

I agree. He is not there yet. That is why I specified "in the years to come" with regards to any pro bowl appearances that may occur in Vince Young's future. But, if you recall, he has already been once, back during his rookie year.

He is just now re-establishing himself as the Titans full-time starter at the QB position. But he has done quite well to help his team turn around their season, going 7-1 with him under center. He has exceeded almost everyone's expectations of him coming into this year. Most people on this board, and most football fans in this country for that matter, thought Vince Young was done in Tennessee. Obviously, they were wrong about that. Just as easily, they could be proven wrong about his potential to make it back to the pro bowl.

Stay tuned....

But, if you recall, he has already been once, back during his rookie year.

Only because the system is so screwed up. He was the 3rd or 4th alternate and folks in front of him bowed out. Ryans was 1st or 2nd alternate the same year but nobody at ILB dropped out so magically VY is a pro-bowler and Ryans wasn't. They need to adopt one of two rules - either only the named starters count as pro-bowlers no matter who plays due to bowing out or those who play count and you lose your pro-bowl status if you bow out except due to verified injury.

Last edited:
Quote from 8/6/09 HOF Thread
Over the years I have seen some very unlikely candidates make some incredible accomplishments. If he believes that he can all I have to say is go for it.

Given what I have seen from high school to date, I can't limit my comments about Vince Young to what I can see.

That was an impressive tackle he made in the game Sunday, and my first reminder, oh yeah, he did play both offense and defense in high school.

Hey Guys, this is my first post. I have been lurking for a while. I love this board, and would consider it the second-best Tennessee Titans message board on the web.

Keep up the good work guys and i look forward to discussing the Titans with you guys a bunch in the future!

Hey Guys, this is my first post. I have been lurking for a while. I love this board, and would consider it the second-best Tennessee Titans message board on the web.

Keep up the good work guys and i look forward to discussing the Titans with you guys a bunch in the future!

Look everybody, and Titan fan named billybob! Who woulda thunk?
thcrazy.gif
:spit:

Look everybody, and Titan fan named billybob! Who woulda thunk?
thcrazy.gif
:spit:

THis is the first time i've ever used this handle....I knew you guys would like it. My other handle "BudAdams" was either taken, or restricted because its a sore subject on this board. :thinking:

Quote from 8/6/09 HOF Thread

Given what I have seen from high school to date, I can't limit my comments about Vince Young to what I can see.

That was an impressive tackle he made in the game Sunday, and my first reminder, oh yeah, he did play both offense and defense in high school.

Yeah, he was a pretty good safety at Madison. That's what made his HS achievements so crazy, because he was that entire offense and that he was able to do all of that while playing defense as well.

THis is the first time i've ever used this handle....I knew you guys would like it. My other handle "BudAdams" was either taken, or restricted because its a sore subject on this board. :thinking:

Given your choice as an avatar, it seems you don't care if it is a sore subject or not. A new titans fan coming to the board wanting football talk while sporting a picture of that dick-jocky deserves nothing in return.

Buhbye now

Given your choice as an avatar, it seems you don't care if it is a sore subject or not. A new titans fan coming to the board wanting football talk while sporting a picture of that dick-jocky deserves nothing in return.

Buhbye now

Where's your Christmas spirit ?

Here's a photo of his Christmas Eve cuisine and he wants to invite you as a way to extend the old olive branch .

possum_stew.jpg

:spit: Nice! Gotta spread the rep

Remember it should be served with fresh corn squeezins http://twistedfencepost.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/moonshine1.jpg and on the finest paper plates . Do not act surprised when he introduces his aunt/mother in law
as the same person .

note : Do not drink the moonshine out of a styrofoam cup , it will eat right through it . Try to make sure the still had copper tubing instead of lead pipe , this is very important .

yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :mcnugget:

Come get you some "discussing the Titans a bunch". Just step inside that door that says "Rivalry Talk", if you don't mind. :bat:

Back