Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Vince Wilfork to Houston - **signed**

As far as the Houston heat/humidity, Wilfork's dedication and conditioning have never come into question.........no reason to believe it will now.

Our morning practices are over before it gets real hot and the afternoon practices are in the big bubble. You guys are over-blowing this temperature thing.

They didn't wear Pickett out last year did they?

I'd be more worried about him turning an ankle on that damned field on game day.

I'm not as worried about practices as I am early season games.

Eau neau. Somebody said he probably needs microfracture surgery on both knees. If I read CnD correctly this is an extremely slow recovery. I was hoping he wouldn't come here. We can still hope he doesn't pass our physical on account of those knees, I guess. Or is it too late for that?

I was making a joke about Wilfork would need surgery the second he signed.

You are such a joker!:)

As an interesting aside, even with his long NFL career, his "hefty build," and his NT position, he has to my knowledge surprisingly never sustained a significant knee injury or any known knee problems.

Eh, the humidity is higher in Miami afternoons compared to Houston.

62 to 55. You guys are mistaken to think that there is a cool breeze off the Atlantic. Miami is a sauna just like Houston.

meh, any breeze is a hot breeze that time of year. Hot is Hot

Like I said, about 5 degree cooler and even more dramatic when you compare days over 95 in Houston versus Miami. A little less if you use 100 because of the number of days Houston reaches between 95 and 99 (ie Typical summer day in Houston).

But if the point is that it's not like up North, then I agree.

95 or 100 both are hot. I don't know anybody who wishes it would cool down to 95 from 100 because it would make that much difference.

I find it hard to believe that Wilfork will have any trouble at all.

I don't think he's been in Houston in the summer. At least not outdoors. Even though it's hotter in Dallas and Austin, it's worse because of the humidity AND heat in Houston.

Perhaps a chart of days Heat Indexes would be the best comp.
City..................95+/105+/115+
Houston, Texas 2917/460/11
Miami, Florida 3098/72/0

Miami has more days of 95+ heat index, But Houston has substantially more days of heat indexes above 105+ and 115+

http://www.currentresults.com/Weather/US/hot-humid-days-cities.php

If you mean me I have lived in Houston and worked outdoors. I was just in Houston for 12 weeks. Know the area well. Watched the Pats at Luckys next to the soccer stadium.

Sure its hot and although Ive never lived in Miami I know that place is no picnic either.

Make all the weather debates about Houston and Miami that you want. I've been to both. But Korea takes the prize as the most humid place I've ever been.

Make all the weather debates about Houston and Miami that you want. I've been to both. But Korea takes the prize as the most humid place I've ever been.

Japan and the Philiappines both rival Korea

edit: Diego Garcia tops them all

62 to 55. You guys are mistaken to think that there is a cool breeze off the Atlantic. Miami is a sauna just like Houston.

As the temperature goes down, the relative humidity rises, so that's no surprise. But the absolute humidity can be measured as the dew point.

But the Heat index information tells the story. Miami has more 95+ days, but Houston has substantially more 105+ and 115+ days. Which is to be expected as you move from the hotter subtropics to the more moderate tropics.

As the temperature goes down, the relative humidity rises, so that's no surprise. But the absolute humidity can be measured as the dew point.

But the Heat index information tells the story. Miami has more 95+ days, but Houston has substantially more 105+ and 115+ days. Which is to be expected as you move from the hotter subtropics to the more moderate tropics. The hottest places in the world are between 20 and 30 degrees, not <20.

But the Heat index information tells the story. Miami has more 95+ days, but Houston has substantially more 105+ and 115+ days. Which is to be expected as you move from the hotter subtropics to the more moderate tropics. The hottest places in the world are between 20 and 30 degrees, not <20.

Dr. Neal frank ladies and gents , Dr. Neal Frank . :tiphat:

But the Heat index information tells the story. Miami has more 95+ days, but Houston has substantially more 105+ and 115+ days. Which is to be expected as you move from the hotter subtropics to the more moderate tropics.

Vince doesn't practice over 99 degrees (heat index)

Those are pool days.

The hottest part of the day is the afternoon. Around 4:00 pm in Houston.

The humidity is high at the time as well because of showers that last about 1 hour and then the sun is back out creating a steam bath.

The hottest part of the day is the afternoon. Around 4:00 pm in Houston.

The humidity is high at the time as well because of showers that last about 1 hour and then the sun is back out creating a steam bath.

630847daa3592691c4c102098b9c5e954b39bc9d_zps1fba7757.jpg

You are such a joker!:)

As an interesting aside, even with his long NFL career, his "hefty build," and his NT position, he has to my knowledge surprisingly never sustained a significant knee injury or any known knee problems.

:foottap: Shhhhhhhh! there you go putting the mouth on it!

It's like when the announcers mention that some player "has gone 344 snaps without a fumble" or "He hasn't thrown an interception in over 212 attempts". You know the very next thing that happens is a fumble or an interception.

Forgive CloakNNNdagger oh great Football Gods. He meant no offense and sought only to inform and educate other fans.

Does Houston have BBQ?

The stuff I had was real bad.

The stuff here is a crapshoot. You may have to find a good bbq outside of Houston. Look a few pages back, we had a discussion about it.
:kitten:

Vince Wil-fork, but he also will spoon and will knife and will
tongs and will ladle and even will chopstick as well.

(and do them very proficiently!)

"OK Louis, see the big line at the buffet? Screw that! That end where those people are lined up is just the salads. Go to the other end, grab one of them big plates and go straight for the good stuff. Oh, and grab us a couple of those soup bowls."

"Why Vince? Are we gonna eat soup?"

"Whaaat? Eat soup??? No way! The soup has vegetables in it! The bowls are for gravy. That way you have room for a third Chicken Fried Steak on your plate."

"You are a great mentor!"

I would like the opportunity to try to fit inside that dress while
she is still wearing it...

There's just a whole lot there to try and get close to..

630847daa3592691c4c102098b9c5e954b39bc9d_zps1fba7757.jpg

Does Houston have BBQ?

The stuff I had was real bad.

Where did you get this "real bad" BBQ?
Besides how does a Boston yankee know what bad BBQ is anyway? Yankees don't really barbeque anyway, they grill stuff. There's a big difference.
You DO understand it doesn't have anything to do with lobsters or clams, right?

Where did you get this "real bad" BBQ?
Besides how does a Boston yankee know what bad BBQ is anyway? Yankees don't really barbeque anyway, they grill stuff. There's a big difference.
You DO understand it doesn't have anything to do with lobsters or clams, right?

Sloppy Joes

The stuff here is a crapshoot. You may have to find a good bbq outside of Houston. Look a few pages back, we had a discussion about it.

With a minimal amount of time devoted to research it's easy to find "good" BBQ in Houston. Good BBQ is actually fairly common (as is "bad" BBQ). The thing is, what everyone wants is "great" BBQ and you have to track that stuff down because it's harder to find.

Likewise "terrible" BBQ isn't that common either but when you encounter it you know you done screwed up.

With a minimal amount of time devoted to research it's easy to find "good" BBQ in Houston. Good BBQ is actually fairly common (as is "bad" BBQ). The thing is, what everyone wants is "great" BBQ and you have to track that stuff down because it's harder to find.

Likewise "terrible" BBQ isn't that common either but when you encounter it you know you done screwed up.

It's like Tex-Mex. There's so many of them there's the whole spectrum from crap to excellent. Hard to tell from the outside.

It's like Tex-Mex. There's so many of them there's the whole spectrum from crap to excellent. Hard to tell from the outside.

Yep. It's very difficult to go by other's people recommendation because everyone's tastes are different.
I haven't been to a lot of restaurants lately, but Don Carlos off of Canal was one of my favorites.

While I love some other places here in Houston, I still prefer the ones in San Antonio though.

You know, where he mentions always wanting Wilfork to be on his team? I think that's common around here. We blew a pick on Dunta Robinson (I'm a certified Dunta hater) when we had Glenn and Coleman back there doing just fine and Wilfork was just waiting there to be taken. In all the years that followed I remember wishing that we had drafted that (as Vinny put it) "Big ol' cheeseburger eating NT" to hold it all together around him.

What I wouldn't give to do the 2004 draft over again. Pass on Dumbass, grab Wilfork, disregard Babin and that idiotic trade back up into the first round, and take your picks like we should have. Early Texans draft history will give you an ulcer if you spend too much time looking at it. I need to learn to let it go.

Back