Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Trent Williams LT Available

I gave up reading thread about 5 pages in due to complete nonsense of some posts. This is a MB for discussing possibilities and scenarios that could play a part for Texans. If you think it's not a possibility don't read.There has been zero info from either team or Williams/agent he wants more $. The only two I've seen were soon replaced with his being upset over a head injury (growth) and treatment thereof; not the thumb injury from 2018. Note the removal of tumor was not issue but how he was handled. https://www.nbcsports.com/washingto...dealing-reportedly-very-serious-medical-issue

31 (July) is not over the hill for an OT especially for one with minimal injury history. He is a very reasonable cost for a LT with his resume. Snicker at comment about not starting "full season". He played through patellar injury 2017, had surgery but I cannot find a game he missed for knee despite having thumb issues. As has been said LTs can play successfully 35-36 YOA and Solder 2018 at 30 got four year $62 with $35 m GTD. He's not in same realm as WIlliams IMO.

Teams with cap and need as possible Texans competition:

Colts $57 million made no effort to draft a LT and traded their first for a second and still drafted other spots. Not 100 % uninterested but evidence points away from being a player for TW.

Cleveland $33m but seem headed forward with one year extension for Robinson who had a pass blocking grade of 69 % and though his run was avg overall oline was 88.5. Doubt they make a move.

PATs? $6.5 but you know who can find money if he needed it. The problem as others have said although in a different POV, BB won't pay the trade costs. He has been successful with the other Trent for a season and former 1st Isaiah Wynn should be healthy and if not 2019 third round Cajusty will be in conversation.

My position Houston has money and only has to offer more than NE. You can keep CLowney or trade if another deal is offered. Value for a multi pro-bowler in his prime with two years locked and IIRC still can be tagged after that is a lot more than a second round.

You continually do this.

On one hand “it’s a cheap ass org! Has 17 years taught you people nothing!!

Then when someone post a list of players the other side of your mouth shouts “ancient history those years don’t count!”.

You are hilarious.

Of course they had to sign some FA's when they started up the franchise. They didn't have any players and there is/was a cap floor to meet. Let's try to stay within the last 10-15 yrs please.

I don’t get post like this what do you and JB want us to do just ignore news like this not discuss it I mean this is a message board that is what we do right?

I've got no problem when intelligent posters like yourself discuss such news.

It's the one member we have who believes Trent Williams would be a Texans right now if the Texans weren't so cheap.

It's the one member we have who believes Trent Williams would be a Texans right now if the Texans weren't so cheap.

The Texans org being cheap has nothing to do with Williams. Williams is just the latest example of the Texans not trying to put the best product on the field possible, all in the name of trying to win a cap championship.

If NE gets him you can best believe it will be a very cheap rate. They will not over pay, over spend for anybody. So why do yall want the Texans too?

Our starting LT will be Davenport not Howard. The only way that happens is if he flat out beat him for the spot or if DP gets injured. But if Davenport handles his business, Howard will have time to learn or will be moved to RT.

It’s easy for them to do so. They have the best QB/coach tandem of all time. They’re great at identifying talent that fits their scheme and plugging said players in at the cheapest rate possible. I know everybody respects Brady and belichick but when all is said and done he’ll be the greatest HC/GM of all time because of his scheme and how he ran that team

The Texans org being cheap has nothing to do with Williams. Williams is just the latest example of the Texans not trying to put the best product on the field possible, all in the name of trying to win a cap championship.

See what I mean?

See what I mean?

I see you cant except the reality that the Texans have spent $$$$ on exactly 2 premium FA's in the last decade and because of the Hoyerable QB situation Os was an outlier.

Lets move on, if you cant see that the Texans are never going to spend $$$$ to go out and get the best players on their team with so much cap space available, then we really have nothing left to talk about on this subject.

See what I mean?

I see you cant except the reality that the Texans have spent $$$$ on exactly 2 premium FA's in the last decade and because of the Hoyerable QB situation Os was an outlier.

Lets move on, if you cant see that the Texans are never going to spend $$$$ to go out and get the best players on their team with so much cap space available, then we really have nothing left to talk about on this subject.

See what I mean?

That is so subjective it's not even funny. In your mind the best players are the players you like and that's the end of it. There have been many, well thought out and considered posts countering your points but you keep coming back to the same old talking points 'cheap a$$ org", "Salary cap championship", "Its McNairs money so why do you people care", "Texans have never spent in FA". All while completely ignoring any post that shows otherwise. You're as bad as some talking heads on TV, you hit your points, you stay on your points, you ignore anything that disputes your points.

Steel I like you man but sometimes I think you're trolling the people here just to watch heads explode with how dogmatic you are. :shades:

That is so subjective it's not even funny. In your mind the best players are the players you like and that's the end of it. There have been many, well thought out and considered posts countering your points but you keep coming back to the same old talking points 'cheap a$$ org", "Salary cap championship", "Its McNairs money so why do you people care", "Texans have never spent in FA". All while completely ignoring any post that shows otherwise. You're as bad as some talking heads on TV, you hit your points, you stay on your points, you ignore anything that disputes your points.

Steel I like you man but sometimes I think you're trolling the people here just to watch heads explode with how dogmatic you are. :shades:

The only 2 FA's they've spent top $$$$ on in the last decade were Os/JJo. This is a fact. And yes a top 3 LT at a huge position of need would qualify as a top tier FA.

Go look at what the Pat's who are an outlier have spent on top FA's in the last decade. Hint/start looking in the G's for Gilmore or M for McCourty. You know the CB's that helped shut down the mighty Rams in the SB.

The only 2 FA's they've spent top $$$$ on in the last decade were Os/JJo. This is a fact. And yes a top 3 LT at a huge position of need would qualify as a top tier FA.

Go look at what the Pat's who are an outlier have spent on top FA's in the last decade. Hint/start looking in the G's for Gilmore or M for McCourty. You know the CB's that helped shut down the mighty Rams in the SB.

Trent Brown is a top 3 LT?

Since it would be a trade, no, just like you leave out Demaryius Thomas.

Flat out demonstrably wrong. The Patriots consistently have multiple compensatory picks, often high like last year's 2 3rds. That means they are net FA losers.

Jason McCourty and his 10 year no pro bowl career was not a top FA. Hence his $5 mil/yr contract. Your double standard is stark here. You count him but not Colvin.

I think it’s time to put you on ignore until the season starts. You derail every thread with your continuous beating of a dead horse. And I don’t have the time or the patience to sift through pages of the same rhetoric every thread. See you when we got some tangible news :)

I think it’s time to put you on ignore until the season starts. You derail every thread with your continuous beating of a dead horse. And I don’t have the time or the patience to sift through pages of the same rhetoric every thread. See you when we got some tangible news :)

Do what you feel you need to do.

Sorry you feel this way.

Since it would be a trade, no, just like you leave out Demaryius Thomas.

Flat out demonstrably wrong. The Patriots consistently have multiple compensatory picks, often high like last year's 2 3rds. That means they are net FA losers.

Jason McCourty and his 10 year no pro bowl career was not a top FA. Hence his $5 mil/yr contract. Your double standard is stark here. You count him but not Colvin.

Did the Pats SB winning team sign both of their CB's in FA? Did they give Gilmore a huge contract? Bigger than any FA contract the Texans have ever given out? Except maybe the outlier that was OS?

1 trade in a decade doesn't prove anything, (Well actually it does, just not what you think it does) particularly when you take into account the $$$$ it will cost to get Williams vs the $$$$ it cost to get D. Thomas.

Did the Pats SB winning team sign both of their CB's in FA? Did they give Gilmore a huge contract? Bigger than any FA contract the Texans have ever given out?

So just going to skip over that the Pats are consistent FA losers by compensatory picks awarded. Just want to distract with weeds.

Gilmore was no bigger than JJo. Jason McCourty was less than Colvin. Even your weeds don't prove your point.

I’ll agree with not throwing our name in the Trent Williams hat if the decision makers unanimously agree that Scharping and Tytus can start from the first day/are both OT’s. If tytus or scharping is a better fit at Guard then I think we should look into sending a 2nd for Trent. If we can get him for a 3rd and say a 5th or something then I would 100% pull that trigger. Personally I thought scharping could be a good LT and Tytus a good RT.

Then again, Trents not a 3rd string/practice squad guy. Doesn’t check all of the Texans boxes. He won’t be here

Last edited:
You completely missed my point, everything you are saying is part of the plan in your mind of how they should do it. That’s fine and I’m not saying it’s a bad plan but you can’t understand what they are doing because you are basing it on your plan. If you look at it from the perspective of what their plan is that they have been talking about since Gaine got there it all makes sense.

That’s not saying it’s good just that it makes sense.

Gaine has also only had one partial and one full draft to work with. So in your mind if Gaine busts on his first ever 1st round draft pick then they should clean house. Yet if Roseman misses with his, what 8th draft now, then it’s ok. Man you’d be hard to work for.

Oh by the way Roseman in his first draft traded that years 1st and two 3rds from 2011 to move up and draft Brandon Graham who has had 42 sacks in a 10 year career and never had a double digit season. To get him he passed on Earl Thomas and Jason Pierre-Paul in the draft.

Guess they’re finally listening to me. Could be the start of something great

I see you cant except the reality that the Texans have spent $$$$ on exactly 2 premium FA's in the last decade

Remember when you were dissing someone for their poor reading comprehension skills?

Nobody is talking about FA in this thread. Well, they weren't until you brought them up.

This thread was about a disgruntled player demanding a trade. Actually it was about a rumor that a disgruntled player was demanding a trade. A rumor that hasn't been substantiated.

But you've already found fault with the Texans lack of response to a fictitious situation.

incredulous.gif

I

love clowney but yeah, I’d do it. I would try picks first but a franchise LT in his prime, yeah do it.

Really hate giving up draft capital so I'd be happy to roll with Clowney as the primary chip simply b/c the team and his agent seem to be at an impasse as to his financial value.

To make this offer more interesting, I'd include Miller as part of the package in return for Adrian Peterson and a RD7 pick. I think the Texans have to commit to Foreman this season since Miller will be on his way out after the season. I like the mentorship and NFL commitment qualities Peterson could bring to the position and to Foreman especially.

Getting a little more risky, maybe even up the trade to something like this:

Texans Get:

LT- Trent Williams
RB- Adrian Peterson
RB- Samaje Perine
2020 RD7 Pick

Redskins Get:

OLB/DE: Jadeveon Clowney
RB- Lamar MIller
LT- Julien Davenport

Williams' on board until 2020 which gives Howard ample time to prepare as the Texans future at LT.

Davenport for Perine is a wash of failed picks. I would liken Perine to Blue, another big body RB to absorb some short yardage punishment.

Texans could be a position to use Khalil as a trade chip if some LT's go down as the off-season amps up.

Last edited:
Looks like we have no GM, so noone to make this play for Williams. Close all threads, we are f'd
Few doubt Trent Williams quality. Olsen knows the cap space and how to word the contract to the benefit of both parties. O'Brien knows what he's willing to give up whether it is draft picks or roster players. I think the remainder of the offseason is still in play.

Looks like we have no GM, so noone to make this play for Williams. Close all threads, we are f'd

Oh for the love of.....people this isn’t hard to understand, there is no play to be made for Williams. Washington hasn’t even remotely hinted that they are going to release him and even Williams has shut up mostly.

Not trying to sign him isn’t a Texans issue it’s a legal issue. If they did the NFL would just not approve the contract or whatever and then fine us into poverty.

Oh for the love of.....people this isn’t hard to understand, there is no play to be made for Williams. Washington hasn’t even remotely hinted that they are going to release him and even Williams has shut up mostly.

Not trying to sign him isn’t a Texans issue it’s a legal issue. If they did the NFL would just not approve the contract or whatever and then fine us into poverty.
Sign him?
No way WAS release him. Even if he sits they will hold him for the right return.
Trade is what us fans want.

Sign him, trade him whatever the point is Washington has given no sign, at least publicly, that they are going to do anything with him yet people are acting like the Texans have screwed up by not already having him here.
Have you been paying attention to the NFL lately?
Levon Bell
Antonio Brown
Players are in power right now.
If Trent wants out he will be traded just a matter of when.

Levon Bell
Antonio Brown

Bell lost about 15 million by sitting out and in exchange only got another 2 million in guarantees. If that is “in power” than I’d rather let someone else be in charge and pocket the money.

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/pos...n-of-money-by-signing-with-jets-over-steelers

I will agree that Brown did well but he found a sucker team that also made an average level OT the highest paid in history. Good look finding that now that all the big money teams have blown their wad (of cash) except the Texans and Colts. Didn’t help that the Steelers were also dealing with the Bell situation so there was added pressure from that on the GM.

Players are not “in power” right now any more than they have ever been. It all depends on the player, the teams involved and the circumstances. I’m not saying Washington won’t shop him out but let’s stop talking as if it’s a guaranteed thing. Hell sometimes GMs dig their heels in the sand just so other players don’t get similar ideas.

Bell lost about 15 million by sitting out and in exchange only got another 2 million in guarantees. If that is “in power” than I’d rather let someone else be in charge and pocket the money.

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/pos...n-of-money-by-signing-with-jets-over-steelers

I will agree that Brown did well but he found a sucker team that also made an average level OT the highest paid in history. Good look finding that now that all the big money teams have blown their wad (of cash) except the Texans and Colts. Didn’t help that the Steelers were also dealing with the Bell situation so there was added pressure from that on the GM.

Players are not “in power” right now any more than they have ever been. It all depends on the player, the teams involved and the circumstances. I’m not saying Washington won’t shop him out but let’s stop talking as if it’s a guaranteed thing. Hell sometimes GMs dig their heels in the sand just so other players don’t get similar ideas.

Since this isn't about $$$$, it's about medical treatment he received for a tumor on his head, chances are Williams will be traded before next season and it wont be to the Texans.

Sign him, trade him whatever the point is Washington has given no sign, at least publicly, that they are going to do anything with him yet people are acting like the Texans have screwed up by not already having him here.

I don't think anyone has screwed up but I think the Redskins ears could quickly open if the Texans were to call and inquire about Williams while mentioning Clowney could be the primary piece in a trade offer if there is mutual interest.

Since this isn't about $$$$, it's about medical treatment he received for a tumor on his head, chances are Williams will be traded before next season and it wont be to the Texans.

Again that’s just rumors from talking heads, why do people repeat these things as though they were fact? If you want to get down to it Williams himself has not actually said anything officially and Adrian Peterson is quoted as saying he had never heard that from Williams.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/6/5/...or-release-over-redskins-handling-of-medicals

I don't think anyone has screwed up but I think the Redskins ears could quickly open if the Texans were to call and inquire about Williams while mentioning Clowney could be the primary piece in a trade offer if there is mutual interest.
I opined in another thread that the Texans feel they are in a win now position. Given our schedule, we need Clowney in the lineup and ready to go game one. Rather than trade Clowney, we need to sign him and have in camp day one. What kind of contract? That's up to the bean counters and the GM.

Levon Bell
Antonio Brown
It took both Bell and Brown more than a season to convince the Steelers to part with them. Bell had to sit out a full season and Brown had to act like a locker room cancer.

Even Duane Brown made it 8 weeks into the season before he convinced the FO to trade him.

The Trent Willisms saga will take a while, if it continues at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You are correct, at this point steelb is nothing but a troll. He is doing his best to drive people away from this message board with his constant BS. If TexansTalk wanted to make a vast improvement in the quality of the posts, and the quantity of the visitors they would have a Mod give him a vacation for a couple of years.

if we let Clowney go... I'm pretty sure JJ Watt will retire afterwards...
It's a lot easier getting a GUARD than a tackle so...
How about Fulton and Tashaun Gibson and Matt Khalil plus our 2nd rounder
for Bryce Love and Trent Williams and 5th rounder...

We can draft us some Guards and put Tytus at RT
not too mention Bryce Love won't come back until 2020 season
Our run game will be DEVASTATING and CHEAP not too mention
with the new Guards we could draft AND Max Sharping at C... Hell... we may even be able
to use one of our current Centers to "mancz or Martin" to move up next draft...

if we let Clowney go... I'm pretty sure JJ Watt will retire afterwards...
It's a lot easier getting a GUARD than a tackle so...
How about Fulton and Tashaun Gibson and Matt Khalil plus our 2nd rounder
for Bryce Love and Trent Williams and 5th rounder...

We can draft us some Guards and put Tytus at RT
not too mention Bryce Love won't come back until 2020 season
Our run game will be DEVASTATING and CHEAP not too mention
with the new Guards we could draft AND Max Sharping at C... Hell... we may even be able
to use one of our current Centers to "mancz or Martin" to move up next draft...

JJ is going to retire because we let Clowney go? WTF? He isn't going to GAF. Not sure where you got that logic from, but there isn't any reality to it.

JJ is going to retire because we let Clowney go? WTF? He isn't going to GAF. Not sure where you got that logic from, but there isn't any reality to it.

With JJ's Injuries and him ALREADY being defined by his production "PRESENT NOT PAST"... Do you actually believe that JJ would like to be the only Talent up front? Do you ACTUALLY believe with these mediocre signings that JJ Watt BELIEVED in Brian Gain?

If Clowney walked, that'd of made it harder on JJ Watts back. Inevitable outcome= Injury 70%, Retire20%, Superbowl 10%

With JJ's Injuries and him ALREADY being defined by his production "PRESENT NOT PAST"... Do you actually believe that JJ would like to be the only Talent up front? Do you ACTUALLY believe with these mediocre signings that JJ Watt BELIEVED in Brian Gain?

If Clowney walked, that'd of made it harder on JJ Watts back. Inevitable outcome= Injury 70%, Retire20%, Superbowl 10%

Your entire post is filled with speculative theories based on poor logic. Nothing based on Watt's feelings, attitude, or beliefs.

speculation from a TEXANS prespective is never based on "POOR" logic. It's based on common sense.

You take away Clowney, It's harder on JJ... Simple.

Back