Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Training camp 2013

We're going to have on heck of a WR corps.... They all looked good to me.

Considering we know who #1 is going to be. Our projected #2 looks like a #2 (really looking like a 1a)...

Then the next option for our QB is going to be OD or the slot receiver

Then there's going to be Graham, & Foster, then maybe our #4 receiver...

Then there's Posey.

[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/tempDSC_3327--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/tempMW030008--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/tempMW030009--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]

PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quarterbacks struggled today. Yates and Keenum took majority of the snaps. #Texans

Sam Montgomery was a full go today. Looking forward to him against the Dolphins. Looked good in team work today. #Texans

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Gary Kubiak says they are re-evaluating guard Wade Smith who has been out with a knee bruise and has not responded so far to treatment.

Gark Kubiak says Brian Cushing misses practice because he's still sick.

Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant
Yates: Gives a QB a lot of confidence to have a WR like Hopkins who can go up and make those catches.

Keenum: I've been wearing Houston on the front of my jersey for 7-8 years now. It's always fun to play in Harris County.

Keenum: Has a small window of opportunity and will make the most of it.

Keenum: Will be ready to go and do his job no matter what the decision for Sat's game
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Gary Kubiak intentionally put Cierre Wood in difficult situations Friday night to see if he can handle them and "be a complete back".#Texans

Alan Bonner's sore hamstring didn't respond well to a workout yesterday & Kubiak said could be another week until he gets back

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans
"He's a beast, man. That TD the other night was not a surprise to me." -Swearinger on DeAndre Hopkins

"I really liked the work of the second group, even our threes. Ben Jones to me is becoming a better player." -Kubiak

"QB's not here, go lead the team. Some good stuff some bad stuff; they'll get another chance tomorrow." Kubiak on Yates & Keenum competition

"Matt had a death in his family and will miss today and tomorrow. My thoughts are with him & his family." -Kubiak on Schaub #Texans

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Matt Schaub not at practice today. Kubiak says he had a death in his family. Will miss tomorrow morning too. #Texans
Greg Bailey ‏@GregBailey13
Kubiak likes the running back battle. Obvious today the Texans will cut people who will play for other teams. Sign of strength. #Texans
Dale Robertson ‏@sportywineguy
Hottest, hardest practice of training camp this morning, most players were saying. Duane Brown called it a "sauna." #Texans

Last edited:
We're going to have on heck of a WR corps.... They all looked good to me.

Considering we know who #1 is going to be. Our projected #2 looks like a #2 (really looking like a 1a)...

Then the next option for our QB is going to be OD or the slot receiver

Then there's going to be Graham, & Foster, then maybe our #4 receiver...

Then there's Posey.

Who? Other than AJ and De, who? I didn't see consistency from anyone else. Drops were abundant Friday night. IMO, there's a battle behind the 1 and 2 and I haven't seen anyone step up to earn diddly

It's only the 1st preseason game, but a few of these dudes have been here long enough to be better than they were. I mean, is Mahle Kubiaks nephew or something? I think the time is up for he and Jean.

Who? Other than AJ and De, who? I didn't see consistency from anyone else. Drops were abundant Friday night. IMO, there's a battle behind the 1 and 2 and I haven't seen anyone step up to earn diddly

I've yet to watch a game where no one dropped a perfectly catchable ball. It's part of the game & what separates the good from the great receivers. No one expects our 3, 4, & 5 receivers to be great.

None of those drops hurt us the only ones I felt were really of concern were the back to back drops by Maehl in the endzone. If i'm going to show enough confidence in you to go back to you after you just dropped one, you've gots to make that play.

Other than that... not a big deal. Needs to be fixed, but nothing to cut a player over. LeStar continued to get targets (get open) and turned in a nice game.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB10030--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB10191--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB19613--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB19749--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB19595--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB19781--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
--houstontexans.com

[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB10068--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB10014--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB19659--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB19638--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB19653--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB19663--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
--houstontexans.com

[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB10124--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Texans def. Coordinator Wade Phillips says ILB Brian Cushing should play this week and Cushing says he's practicing to play.
Brian Cushing said he is practicing this week like he's going to play Saturday. Ultimately it's all up to coaches. #texan
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Coffey is from Sugar Land and grew up as a Texans fan.
Coffey was cleaning a rental car when his pocket buzzed. He told his manager thanks for the opportunity, "but I have to work out." #Texans

Cool little story. Elliot Coffey was working at a Sugarland Enterprise Rent-a-car when his agent called and said he has a workout w #Texans

LG Wade Smith didn't have a lot of answers about his knee. Said he should know exactly what it is and if he'll need surgery shortly. #Texans

Cushing says he had a stomach virus. Worst is behind him. #Texans

Brian Cushing was back with the team this afternoon. Was ill yesterday and this morning. #Texans

LG Wade Smith didn't have a lot of answers about his knee. Said he should know exactly what it is and if he'll need surgery shortly. #Texans

The Texans' starting left guard may have a knee injury that's more serious than initially thought. The Texans decided to be proactive in the face of that development by agreeing to a trade with the Eagles that'll bring a new offensive lineman (back) to Houston.

Earlier today, Gary Kubiak revealed that Pro Bowl left guard Wade Smith, thought to have suffered a relatively minor knee injury, is getting a second opinion after the knee failed to respond to treatment as well as the team hoped:

"Obviously, he banged knees, had his knee swell up on him, had a big bone bruise," head coach Gary Kubiak said Monday morning. "Hasn’t responded the last few days the way we wanted it. We’re re-evaluating him, having some other people look at it today."

"We were expecting him back in a few days, but it just didn’t happen," Kubiak said. I’m okay until I hear what’s next, but obviously there’s another step for us to take. Got to find out what’s going on here."

Ben Jones started in Smith's place against the Vikings last week, and there has been some talk of David Quessenberry looking good at guard in practice, but the Texans aren't exactly stacked with proven veteran depth at the position and are already dealing with questions on the right side of the offensive line. Rick Smith & Co. were proactive in addressing the uncertainty surrounding Wade Smith's health, shipping Jeff Maehl to Philadelphia in exchange for guard/tackle Nate Menkin this afternoon (h/t Jonathan Fosburgh).
link

It's only the 1st preseason game, but a few of these dudes have been here long enough to be better than they were. I mean, is Mahle Kubiaks nephew or something? I think the time is up for he and Jean.

I hope Alec Lemon gets a shot .... and that Posey makes it back to start the season. The rest of the WR's have been underwhelming.

I guess the Giants 3rd, 4th, & 5th receivers never dropped a ball?

When Posey comes back, the guys we're talking about are most likely 4th, 5th, & 6th if we keep 6 WRs.

I thought the receivers were fine for the first pre season game. Really I didn't have many negatives from the game.

I think my opinions will get stronger the more I see.

Don't expect Sam Montgomery back in the next couple of days for good. That "minor" ankle sprain that would take him a couple days to come back from, turned into a high ankle sprain that would by some miracle still allow him to come back within a couple more days.........is now acting more like a "real" high ankle sprain while everyone waits for a permanent return in another couple more days........which is not going to happen........because that's not what happens with a high ankle sprain.:kitten:

I guess the Giants 3rd, 4th, & 5th receivers never dropped a ball?

When Posey comes back, the guys we're talking about are most likely 4th, 5th, & 6th if we keep 6 WRs.

I didn't watch the Giants .... but had I done so and saw their receivers drop
about 6 balls in total , I'd be b!tching about it.

Maehl dropped two - he's gone now. Didn't see him making the team.

Martin dropped two - He's had a history of doing so. At some point it becomes alarming especially if he is pressed into meaningful action.

LeStar Jean had one hit him in the helmet and another that he let get in on his body instead of getting his hands extended. Its his third year here ... at some point we have to move on.

I thought the receivers were fine for the first pre season game. Really I didn't have many negatives from the game.

I think my opinions will get stronger the more I see.

They won the game easily .... that makes us overlook the little mistakes that have to be corrected before they can expect to beat good teams late in the season & in the playoffs.

Not a whole lot to complain about .... dropped balls , despite those the QB's looked really good and were efficient. Imagine their #'s without those 6 drops.

Special teams were another negative , the first kickoff made me want to break the TV - Jefferson failed to maintain his lane , you could see it coming and come it did ....from 8 yards deep out to the 50. At least Bullock showed he could kick them deep ... cept the last one that he knuckleballed.

The punt where Pleasant hit the returner before he caught the ball .... I give him an A for effort and an F for execution.
Shapiro looked like a hell of an upgrade ..... Lechler better not miss much more time or we may have a battle there. I hope they find a way to hide him from the rest of the league ..... like a phantom injury and trip to IR.

Im really looking forward to the next game & the majority of the starters playing , we'll get a better sense of what this team will look like then.

Why is D Hopkins still on this team, after that drop on Friday night i would assume he would be kicked to the curb by now. Dumb coaches and GM :kitten:

Oh lord people jean had what 2 drops, Martin what 3 ? Yes thats bad, thank god this is pre season though and thats why we play these games. If i remember correctly Jean didnt have many if any drops last year during the regular season where it really matters.

Like it or not, unless anything changes any time soon, looks like Keo has been anointed starting safety by both Wade and Vance Joseph. Neither Reed nor Swearinger are "ready." I'm not ready to feel too comfortable that Keo is either.

Texans’ Keo happy to add starting safety to list of responsibilities
Posted on August 12, 2013 at 10:06 pm by Dale Robertson

If D.J. Swearinger is Ed Reed’s heir apparent, what does that make Shiloh Keo?

For the moment, it makes Keo the starting free safety for the Texans. End of conversation.

Neither the former Raven Reed, arguably the best safety of his generation, nor the rookie Swearinger is ready to hold down the position — for different reasons, of course — so defensive coordinator Wade Phillips and secondary coach Vance Joseph agreed they were comfortable awarding the job to Keo, 25, until further notice.

Good call. On the second play from scrimmage Friday night, less than two minutes into the Texans’ preseason opener at Minnesota, Keo clutched a deflected Christian Ponder pass for the team’s first interception.

The third-year pro from Idaho humbly insisted Monday morning that he had been “just in the right place at the right time.”

Perhaps. But getting in the right place at the right time requires football savvy and good instincts, which Keo (6-0, 202) has in spades, plus experience, which he’s gaining every day after two seasons mostly spent on special teams.

“I’ve paid my dues,” he said. “I’m an older guy now, so they hold me accountable. They hold me to higher standards. They believe in my ability to get the job done, and as long as I keep doing it, they won’t take me out.”

The 11-year veteran Reed will start when his surgically repaired hip feels right, but that might not happen any time soon. He has yet to practice, and each day that passes with him on the physically unable to perform list makes it less likely he’ll be a contributor at the outset of the regular season. And Reed or no Reed, Swearinger will eventually be Texans center fielder.

But Phillips made it clear last week the promising second-round draft choice from South Carolina must prove he’s ready intellectually, not just physically, before he’s in the conversation.

That leaves Keo, a fifth-round pick in 2011, holding down the fort next to veteran strong safety Danieal Manning.

“He’s a smart player, a very consistent player,” Joseph said of Keo, who played infrequently on defense in 2012 but made his first NFL interception. (Only 60 more, and he’ll catch up to Reed’s current total.) “He’s got great ball skills.
REST OF THE STORY

The third-year pro from Idaho humbly insisted Monday morning that he had been “just in the right place at the right time.”

Perhaps.
Perhaps? Keo was 5 yards away from the receiver when the ball was deflected into his arms. Was it his instincts that kept him that far off the receiver? Geez.

Perhaps? Keo was 5 yards away from the receiver when the ball was deflected into his arms. Was it his instincts that kept him that far off the receiver? Geez.

An observation that seemed to be laid under the rug by all reporting sources. Glad you pointed that out.

Texans’ Keo happy to add starting safety to list of responsibilities
Posted on August 12, 2013 at 10:06 pm by Dale Robertson

For the moment, it makes Keo the starting free safety for the Texans. End of conversation.

Neither the former Raven Reed, arguably the best safety of his generation, nor the rookie Swearinger is ready to hold down the position — for different reasons, of course — so defensive coordinator Wade Phillips and secondary coach Vance Joseph agreed they were comfortable awarding the job to Keo, 25, until further notice.

This is probably one of those situations where the rookie seems a little too full of himself, so they're going to humble him a little bit. Tell him he has to "earn" the job.

Come Sept 9, if Reed is not ready I wouldn't be surprised to hear Swearinger made a lot of improvements in the 4 weeks between.

This is also away to pump Keo up, see what he's got. A nice way of saying sht or get off the pot.

They won the game easily .... that makes us overlook the little mistakes that have to be corrected before they can expect to beat good teams late in the season & in the playoffs.

That doesn't really have a lot to do with it for me. It's the fact that it was their first live action. I'm a whole lot more forgiving in the first pre season game. I expect them to become more sharp as the pre season progresses.

I'm not too worried about the mistakes ATM.

It's called "being in the right place at the right time". And had that been Ed Reed making that play, I suspect we'd hear nothing but praise for the "instincts" of the future Hall-of-Famer on his interception. Be a little charitable here, OK.
After all, Shiloh himself may eventually make it into the Hall-of-Fame. (Idaho Vandals HOF that is).

It's called "being in the right place at the right time". And had that been Ed Reed making that play, I suspect we'd hear nothing but praise for the "instincts" of the future Hall-of-Famer on his interception. Be a little charitable here, OK.
After all, Shiloh himself may eventually make it into the Hall-of-Fame. (Idaho Vandals HOF that is).

Hey if he can consistently do that then more power to him, but outside of that INT, I really didn't think Keo did much on defense, and was pretty good on ST's. If Swearinger can't beat out Keo at some point this season then we should have cause for concern.

That doesn't really have a lot to do with it for me. It's the fact that it was their first live action. I'm a whole lot more forgiving in the first pre season game. I expect them to become more sharp as the pre season progresses.

I'm not too worried about the mistakes ATM.

I'm a little bit in between. I look at these preseason games as an opportunity for the coaches to get their players on film in "real" situations. Now they can look at it in the film room & say things like, "Remember how we talked about this formation, this down & distance, how we need to look for this route, or that combination... we were supposed to do this, you did that. Had you done this, that wouldn't have happened, or wouldn't have been that bad."

More or less a way to bring the lessons home.

Tuesday 8/13 am practice...
51f4fbffde37a.image.jpg

Quote of the day: Joe Mays on Brian Cushing's intensity, Man, that dude is a live wire. He's a little bit different... but I like going to war with guys like that.

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
Wade Smith LG for #Texans got a knee scope per Kubiak.

Per Kubiak, Foster fine, still dealing with back tightness, he'd like to work w/ him but just a question of when he gets off PUP.

Per Kubiak, Ed Reed working w/ rehab guy** not with the Texans, no set backs, and in coordination w/ Texans
Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant
Watt: No shock to us how well Earl Mitchell played Friday night.

Kubiak: As for Wade Smith, will know in 3-4 days where he is at. Had scope on knee this a.m.
Mark Berman @MarkBermanFox26
JJ Watt expects to play against the Dolphins: "I feel great. I want to get out there. I want to play & I believe I'm going to play."

JJ Watt would like to play some offense: "I've been lobbying since Day 1. It hasn't worked yet. I don't think it's going to work anytime soon"

JJ Watt catching passes with receivers off the Jugs machine: "It's just about being an athlete. Never hurts to be able to catch a football."

Gary Kubiak says guard Wade Smith underwent a knee scope, undetermined how long Smith will be out
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
...Ben Jones is now starter.
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quarterback play was better today than yesterday. Yates and Keenum were better in today's more-structured practice.

Chris Jones has a calf strain.
Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans
"He played great. If you are trying to make the football team, that's a heck of a way to do it." - JJ Watt on Terrell McClain's 2.5 sacks.

"Terminology, its a couple of different things. Just being an overall better linebacker, that's what I'm aiming for." - #Texans LB Joe Mays

"They are both doing good things. They are young. What an opportunity for 2 kids. It is really competitive." - Coach Kubiak on Yates/Keenum
Greg Bailey ‏@GregBailey13
Defense gets the best of late team work. INTs from Kareem Jackson, AJ Bouye and DJ Swearinger. Shouts of "DBs!!!" #texans

Talked with late round pick TE Ryan Griffin. He's a player. Can't believe how much he can learn from Owen Daniels. OD knows where seams are

DeAndre Hopkins divind TD catch in front of Kubiak. Coach looks, "are you ok?" Yea. Top pick is at it again today. #Texans

More #Texans practice notes. DJ Swearinger with the play of the day. Lunging INT at the sideline. Take the ball away from TE Garrett Graham.
Kubiak said David Quessenberry is in a battle with Ben Jones for the Left guard spot now. #texans

JJ Watt found out that he wears bigger gloves (XXXXL) than DeAndre Hopkins (XXXL). Watt responded "he's just a bit faster then me though". #texans

"Sundays there's not going to be many people that line up that are going to be as talented as him." Duane Brown on going against J.J. Watt. #Texans

"He's very very hungry and really wants to be better. I think he's going to be a really good pro." Duane Brown on David Quessenberry #Texans

"They're both doing some good things and they're both doing some bone head things." - Kubiak on Yates and Keenum over 2 days w/out Schaub.

Brian Cushing confirms that he will play against the Dolphins. First action since Week 5 last season against the Jets. #Texans

With all the talk about Yates vs Keenum, it was glaringly apparent after 2 days, this team is in bad shape without Matt Schaub.#texans

DJ Swearinger with the play of the day. Stole a jump ball out of the air throw by Case Keenum in 2 minute drill. #texans

JJ Watt enjoyed that today's practice was so testy. Also he wants Earl Mitchell to bring back the "thunder stomp" sack celebration. #texans
Kubiak said Trevardo Williams had a cyst drained on the bottom of his foot and thus got today off. #Texans

Ed Reed wasn't here today. He's working with a specialist** out of town. #Texans
**Kubiak said this specialist is a guy we know and have worked with in the past and trust.

Last edited:

Haha, I have Deion Sanders on my side.
I ain't worry about the naysayers. :cow:

It's called being lucky. Which is better than being unlucky. Hey, Keo didn't drop the ball, so I will give him that. And he didn't stink up the building as Carmichael did.But let's get real...Shiloh Keo is no Ed Reed and the Texans are in trouble if he is the starter at FS Week1.

It's called being lucky. Which is better than being unlucky. Hey, Keo didn't drop the ball, so I will give him that. And he didn't stink up the building as Carmichael did.But let's get real...Shiloh Keo is no Ed Reed and the Texans are in trouble if he is the starter at FS Week1.

No, he's not lucky. You are lucky.:runaway:

[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB11032--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB11138--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB11168--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB10826--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB10837--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB11151--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB11168--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
--houstontexans.com

[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB10897--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB11264--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB10944--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB10970--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB11243--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB10837--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB10817--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
--houstontexans.com

Do you know what his responsibilities were on that play? Without knowing that, it's hard to say, agreed?

I've ripped the guy to shreds for 2 years, and I don't think he is a high level starter by any means, but he had a nice game the other night. A real nice, steady performance.

"Until further notice" is what stands out to me. Keo might start but I think Swearinger plays a ton week 1; maybe even the majority of the game. I see Keo as the "Rudy" type of player.

"Until further notice" is what stands out to me. Keo might start but I think Swearinger plays a ton week 1; maybe even the majority of the game. I see Keo as the "Rudy" type of player.

I think they drafted Swearinger's to play Quin's role, which is to cover the TE and an occasional receiver. Keo is just a filler for Ed Reed.

Keo shouldn't be on the team IMO. He's not that good and I think we have a couple guys that could play safety at a higher level. I'm sure he knows what he's doing better than all the young guys, and if Reed is not ready to go that's why he'll make the team.

Keo shouldn't be on the team IMO. He's not that good and I think we have a couple guys that could play safety at a higher level. I'm sure he knows what he's doing better than all the young guys, and if Reed is not ready to go that's why he'll make the team.

They let Nolan and Demps walk because it looks like Wade doesn't like marginal guys making too many mistakes.
They kept Keo, I believe, he has his head screw on right.
Why do you think the guys voted him ST captain?

It's very doubtful that the Texans would cut their ST captain.
They need as much help they can get there.

They let Nolan and Demps walk because it looks like Wade doesn't like marginal guys making too many mistakes.
They kept Keo, I believe, he has his head screw on right.
Why do you think the guys voted him ST captain?

It's very doubtful that the Texans would cut their ST captain.
They need as much help they can get there.

When we had injuries at safety and they brought Nolan back, he played ahead of Keo. Whatever you think you think about marginal guys making mistakes doesn't change the fact that a guy that got cut came back and played ahead of him.

Keo is here because he's wade's guy. They picked him. Now wade has other guys and at some point hell have to face the truth about the player he picked or he'll start to lose players with more talent potentially.

As far as not cutting a st captain...yeah they would. He's not the best player on special teams and never was. You think if keo is voted special teams captain every year that'll keep him from ever being cut?

When we had injuries at safety and they brought Nolan back, he played ahead of Keo. Whatever you think you think about marginal guys making mistakes doesn't change the fact that a guy that got cut came back and played ahead of him.

Keo is here because he's wade's guy. They picked him. Now wade has other guys and at some point hell have to face the truth about the player he picked or he'll start to lose players with more talent potentially.

As far as not cutting a st captain...yeah they would. He's not the best player on special teams and never was. You think if keo is voted special teams captain every year that'll keep him from ever being cut?

Nolan was a vet that they had some hope for, but didn't pan out.
They gave him another chance, but didn't like what they saw.

I said "doubtful" that they cut the ST captain, not "definite".
Keo still has to show that he makes improvement, and so far, it seems that he did in practice such that they put him in there, and he responded well in the game.

Wade could have find a vet in the off-season, but he didn't.
A bit player would earn a minimum vet salary and doesn't break the bank.
They didn't keep Demps who has had plenty of experience.
Wade also could have kept Alan Ball who had played safety with the Cowboys.
He's a Wade's guy, too.

Do you know what his responsibilities were on that play? Without knowing that, it's hard to say, agreed?

I've ripped the guy to shreds for 2 years, and I don't think he is a high level starter by any means, but he had a nice game the other night. A real nice, steady performance.

ummmmmmm 76 always "knew" what KJs assignments were when we used to have our debates ;).

Nolan was a vet that they had some hope for, but didn't pan out.
They gave him another chance, but didn't like what they saw.

I said "doubtful" that they cut the ST captain, not "definite".
Keo still has to show that he makes improvement, and so far, it seems that he did in practice such that they put him in there, and he responded well in the game.

Wade could have find a vet in the off-season, but he didn't.
A bit player would earn a minimum vet salary and doesn't break the bank.
They didn't keep Demps who has had plenty of experience.
Wade also could have kept Alan Ball who had played safety with the Cowboys.
He's a Wade's guy, too.

I loved the way nolan played, i dont know what others on here saw our what the coaches saw, but when i saw him in games he was good. Who cares what a plyers looks like in practice if thats the case. If they can turn around and play good on sundays then so be it.

ummmmmmm 76 always "knew" what KJs assignments were when we used to have our debates ;).

No I didn't.
On some plays, I said I wasn't sure what the coverage was supposed to be; none of us can be sure; therefore, one cannot say for certain that KJax was bad on those plays.

On some plays, I try to come up with the best guess as to what the coverage was supposed to be by bringing up different things.

A few times, when the coaches did answer a question pertaining to a particular play, it was proven that I was correct in my assessments.
In no instance my analysis was rebuked by the coaches.

I loved the way nolan played, i dont know what others on here saw our what the coaches saw, but when i saw him in games he was good. Who cares what a plyers looks like in practice if thats the case. If they can turn around and play good on sundays then so be it.

That's why you keep picking losers that eventually lost their job, haha.
(Consider this one of my jabs that I promised I might take.) :)

I think I know what your intention was.
I've said before, I actually kinda like your style, whether we agree on things or not.

yehi like ur style kinda to haha, you watch to much damn game film for me to fully fight with ;). I barely have enough time in the day to take a piss haha

Back