Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Time to TRY to reboot against Jax!

Mangler

Toro de España
With the Texans (0-4) being the worst team in the AFC South at this point in time, is it possible that this is a trap game for the Jaguars (1-3) and they finally get a win?

Gardner Minshew could very well carve the Texan secondary up if he gets a little time in the pocket. It’s not like the Texans’ front is putting pressure on anyone these days, so I can see it get ugly early on, with Watson having a late rally, but still coming up short. Pretty much like in the game against the Vikings.

I’m leaning towards an ugly/sloppy trap game, with Jacksonville handing us an undeserved win.

texan279

Hall of Fame
Even if they do, it's the hags and we are 1-4. The tacks and clots are sitting pretty at the top right now. No banner for the Texans to hang this year...

Mariotexan

Practice Squad
Tired of losing, but also seeing catch up football. I have no idea what Jacksonville looks like, if they are any good?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
With the Texans (0-4) being the worst team in the AFC South at this point in time, is it possible that this is a trap game for the Jaguars (1-3) and they finally get a win?

Gardner Minshew could very well carve the Texan secondary up if he gets a little time in the pocket. It’s not like the Texans’ front is putting pressure on anyone these days, so I can see it get ugly early on, with Watson having a late rally, but still coming up short. Pretty much like in the game against the Vikings.

I’m leaning towards an ugly/sloppy trap game, with Jacksonville handing us an undeserved win.
Gotta get those meaningless stats at the end of games and against bad teams.

JamesD1957

Practice Squad
Just sittin' here wondering.....what is the NFL record for most consecutive games to start a season without forcing a single turnover? I do see this streak continuing since the Texans are not aggressive enough in tackling to force a fumble, and our secondary would actually have to be near a receiver to intercept a pass. We would need an unforced error to stop the streak. Oh well.....

amazing80

Hall of Fame
We have renewed energy now. I am most excited to see how Watson responds with an offense tailored to his skill set. Do we see noticeable changes this week?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I don’t know how much will change. This is still OBs team and offense. Still going to be running his plays mostly I’d imagine. Would be hard to install something completely new in less than a week.
Yes... but we did see a draw play Sunday. I'm pretty sure that wasn't BO'b.

& the screens (real screens) we saw week 1 & 2. That wasn't BO'b.

& some of those route combos... not BO'b.

I mean we're talking about basic stuff that helps an offense get started. Stuff we, for whatever reason, haven't done.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
I don’t know how much will change. This is still OBs team and offense. Still going to be running his plays mostly I’d imagine. Would be hard to install something completely new in less than a week.
Less then a week, sure. Kelly already has his own offense. I presume most of these offensive coaches have their own playbooks or are at least building them (as most coaches do.) Players have spent time in other schemes and are familiar with those concepts - if not the verbiage.

They'll begin installing something like 15-25 plays a week i think. First order of business though by Romeo will be a complete review of staff, players, and scheme. What has worked, what hasn't, and why. There will be some restructuring in staff and expect to see some players lose starting roles.

I expect to see more flags and busted plays in the coming weeks along with a huge uptick in effort.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
I gotta imagine RAC has been sitting up in the booth going, "WTF?" just like we have for the last 6 years.
If he hasn't, its going to be a dismal next 12 games.

RAC will never be a hc again after this and he knows it. I expect him to bring his A game.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Miami loves us right now how many 1st round pick do they have 2 ..???

anywho i think even jaxs can beat us

badboy

Hall of Fame
Team should be up, some in a told you so, some like David Johnson needs to show new coach or even another team why he belongs in NFL, some like rookies will ball out to become starters such as Greenard, Blacklock.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
The players did mention "quick game", so it's probably more of the play choices, and maybe the tempo.
Not to mention that Watson had said he'd be calling the play, or having a lot more input in what to call and when.
They can always go back to play from previous years and pick from them.
And let's not forget the play that Watson and Hopkins drew up.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
We have renewed energy now. I am most excited to see how Watson responds with an offense tailored to his skill set. Do we see noticeable changes this week?
I suspect you guys are in for a big letdown over the coming weeks ..... even if they win this game.

Grams

Veteran
I think we will see a different offense this week. If Tim Kelly wants to continue coaching in the NFL, he has to show that he knows what he is doing. Now that BOB is not looking over his shoulder and changing things, This is Kelly's opportunity to shine.

Hopefully . . . . . . .

Wolfiegrrl

Fan of NFC Seahawks & AFC Texans
How much of the core playbook are they going to throw out? How much was BO'b hamstringing the team by forcing his playbook that didn't work?

I see a group of players that might start having fun with football again and thus play harder and better for RAC, Kelly, and Weaver over the course of the rest of the season. Let it rip. Let the guys have fun again and see what happens.

I have a feeling that Watson will start shining again like he did in his first two years. Why? Because I think Kelly & RAC are more inclined to the let the kid loose. He's got the smarts and the talent. As for the rest of it, I can't give much of an opinion. I have watched none of the Texans games this season.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
OB's gone.

That leopard isn't going to change his spots .... we'll see the same boom or bust offense we saw with OB in charge.

Your scape goat has left the building.
You still haven't defined what is the Big Letdown that you think will happen, it's impossible to have any response.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
Will Carter be returning kicks?
F No, would not even be active, rotate in the other nicompoop, Keke

Will Coutee be active?
See above, he is at least good for one good game in every three active

Will our rookies play?
Might as well get them some snaps and see what we have

Will we run screens & draws?
Anything DW4 wants

Will Watson be decisive & run when he should?
Yes, his joy will be unmeasurable

Will our defense play 4 qtrs?
Backups in the 4th quarter with our big lead
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
Can't expect team to turn it around in 1 week. It will take longer to rewrite the playbook. I bet the defense improves right away. I still expect Jax to win.

If he hasn't, its going to be a dismal next 12 games.

RAC will never be a hc again after this and he knows it. I expect him to bring his A game.
I am sure he always tried to bring his A game no matter whether it was as a head coach or assistant. He just never could quite have the success as a head coach that he had as a defensive coordinator. I am sure he will do all he can to keep this season from being a total loss. No matter, it is not likely at age 73 he is auditioning for the head coaching job. He already relinquished his job as defensive coordinator. I expect the team to play harder now but an 0-4 record is a big hole to climb out of. I just hope to see some promise from the team as to what we can expect going forward into the upcoming seasons. Also we can see who deserves to be a part of the team and the next hc and his assistants into next season.

Last edited: