Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Time to TRY to reboot against Jax!

If he hasn't, its going to be a dismal next 12 games.

RAC will never be a hc again after this and he knows it. I expect him to bring his A game.
I think the team will be excited with the change and come out ready to play. Even with the same offensive scheme the play calling, going up tempo more often etc... can make this offense look a lot different. I'm predicting the first win with more to come.

A smart Kelly would sit down with Watson and ask him to show him exactly what the team was running offensively in his first 6 games.....then put that plan of attack back in as the new offense. Why? It's been way too long ago for teams to go back to "The Film" they had on Watson during his abbreviated rookie season.

We need to see someone other than David Johnson
Not DJs fault but every time I see him it pisses me off
I know need to ******* get over it but I can still see buttheads face and hear his crappy ass voice in post game interviews
Anybody notice how bob kept running him praying for a miracle that he would do something to justify his trade
Too bad dj has no fricking trade value as the only gm stupid enough to give something for him is gone

Curious to see what offense does. I actually think TEXANS will win this one as a dark and evil fog has been lifted.

This division is wide open. We’ve yet to play a divisional game. Colts and Jags are crap. Titans having huge issues due to their Covid outbreak.

We're three games behind the Colts. They've already beat Minnesota. They beat the Jets, we've got to beat New England to break even against the AFC East.

I'm not saying it can't happen. But "wide open" wouldn't be the way I'd describe it. We're in a big hole.

I think they come out in this game looking like the weight of the world has been lifted off their shoulders and take to the Jaguars. But I have no illusions that they’re a good football team and are about to make a run.

Jax isn't as good as the first 4 opponents .... I think they should look much better than they have.

These two teams are pretty equal in terms of talent on defense Jax is decent against the run but pretty bad against the pass.

And while most would say the Texans have a more talented offense - the Jags are better statistically both rushing and passing ...

I have no expectations for this game , I thought they'd win last week and we see how that turned out.

Jax isn't as good as the first 4 opponents .... I think they should look much better than they have.

These two teams are pretty equal in terms of talent on defense Jax is decent against the run but pretty bad against the pass.

And while most would say the Texans have a more talented offense - the Jags are better statistically both rushing and passing ...

I have no expectations for this game , I thought they'd win last week and we see how that turned out.

Until they figure out how to stop the run and we find out if Kelly is more than just an OB sock puppet, I have no confidence in them winning any game. I didn’t last week either as I thought Cook would destroy them and he did.

Like I said, I think they come out a little faster this week just because of the circumstances and the fact the Jags aren’t good either, and take care of business. And that may carry over to Tennessee too, depending on who the Titans can even suit up, but they’ll turn back into who they are.

The Texans rank last in the NFL in rushing defense, surrendering 181.8 yards on the ground per game. The Texans have missed 39 tackles through four games. Coaching can't be the major reason for so many missed tackles distributed widely among our D. I know that the coaches are teaching "wraps" while our individual players avoid squaring themselves up in front of the O carrying the ball, using one arm or hoping simple bumping will bring the O down or out of bounds. Angles taken have been terrible due to the fact the our D players are either too slow, or react too slowly to gain the advantage............or just don't want to confront what they perceive as moving trains. What ever happened to the iron man mentality by players shown by other teams that in order to sure-handedly tackle your opponent, you must be willing to give up your body?

Last edited:
FYI, in case you didn't know, the betting world has us winning this game by 5. Down from 6.5

So basically, winning this game is in the "what they're supposed to do column" so winning, in itself isn't really saying much.

Like you, I expect the win. But I'm more concerned in the how.

Jacksonville has no pass rush. If Watson gets sacked 1 time, it's too many.

They do not protect the ball, we need to get off this "no turnovers" slide. I want to see more than one. I expect to see more than one.

They give up 30 ppg. We should score at least 30.

They're giving up 126 yards on the ground, we need to be at 160 if we want to believe we can run the ball.

We don't just need to win, but in order to say we're not as bad as our record says we are, we need to win by 10+

Last edited:
FYI, in case you didn't know, the betting world has us winning this game by 5. Down from 6.5

So basically, winning this game is in the "what they're supposed to do column" so winning, in itself isn't really saying much.

Like you, I expect the win. But I'm more concerned in the how.

Jacksonville has no pass rush. If Watson gets sacked 1 time, it's too many.

They do not protect the ball, we need to get off this "no turnovers" slide. I want to see more than one. I expect to see more than one.

They give up 30 ppg.

They're giving up 126 yards on the ground, we need to be at 160 if we want to believe we can run the ball.

We don't just need to win, but in order to say we're not as bad as our record says we are, we need to win by 10+
I'm not putting any qualifiers on this game...Watson has to do this, David Johnson has to do that. They don't even have to win. I just want the team to look better. And I want them to play better. I want them to look more like a football team that actually practices and prepares for a game.

But I have no allusions about the Texans. They are a deeply flawed team. They didn't get that way overnight. My assertion is they won as many games as they did under O'Brien because the defense was well coached and talented. The offense, on the other hand, has always look disjointed and lackadaisical under he and the coaches he hired. All of the other coaches O'Brien hired for the offense are still here and the defense has been depleted of talent.

Maybe they win a handful of games this year and next. Maybe they win this one, maybe they don't. Just show improvement. Bench the veterans that aren't capable of doing the job anymore and get some youthful players out there that need the experience. Something O'Brien had a hard time doing.

There can be absolutely no excuse for Watson and the offense not looking like superstars and running up the score in this game.

**************************************************************************************************

The Jaguars announced Friday that linebacker Myles Jack (ankle), cornerback CJ Henderson (shoulder) and defensive end Josh Allen (knee) are all questionable for Sunday's game vs. the Houston Texans. Defensive tackle Daniel Ekuale is also questionable with an ankle injury.

The harsh truth is no players matter more to Jacksonville's defensive success than the trio of Jack, Henderson and Allen.

The Jaguars' defense has already struggled mightily this season, allowing 77% completion rate to opposing quarterbacks, so facing Deshaun Watson without their three best defenders would be a worst-case scenario.

Each of the three was injured in the Jaguars' Week 4 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals. Henderson left the game in the first quarter and didn't return; Jack left the game in the third quarter and didn't return; Allen left the first half with a knee injury but did come back into the game.

Jack and Henderson were each listed as "limited" in Jacksonville's Thursday practice, but Allen has missed every practice this week. Allen, the No. 7 overall pick in 2019, leads the team in sacks (2) and pressures (13). If he can't play on Sunday, rookie defensive end K'Lavon Chaisson should be expected to fill his role.

"I feel like, obviously, it is 50/50. We are just going to try to see where he is at tomorrow. That is how we have him listed," head coach Doug Marrone said about Allen on Friday.

Through four weeks, the Jaguars have just four sacks, the second-fewest in the league. They may now have to potentially go into Sunday without their best pass-rusher, a tough predicament considering the talent Houston possesses on offense.

link
*****************************************************************************************

And let's not forget that their top CB Hayden has already been placed on IR earlier this week..........and before then, LB Leon Jacobs and and LB Quincey Williams were also placed on IR.

Last edited:
There can be absolutely no excuse for Watson and the offense not looking like superstars and running up the score in this game.

This may be true, but I also have zero confidence in the defense being able to cover DJ Chark and Keelan Cole much less stop the run where James Robinson has been a nice surprise for the Jags. I do expect the Texans to win just because of the "OB has left the room" emotional factor.

**************************************************************************************************

The Jaguars announced Friday that linebacker Myles Jack (ankle), cornerback CJ Henderson (shoulder) and defensive end Josh Allen (knee) are all questionable for Sunday's game vs. the Houston Texans. Defensive tackle Daniel Ekuale is also questionable with an ankle injury.

The harsh truth is no players matter more to Jacksonville's defensive success than the trio of Jack, Henderson and Allen.

The Jaguars' defense has already struggled mightily this season, allowing 77% completion rate to opposing quarterbacks, so facing Deshaun Watson without their three best defenders would be a worst-case scenario.

Each of the three was injured in the Jaguars' Week 4 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals. Henderson left the game in the first quarter and didn't return; Jack left the game in the third quarter and didn't return; Allen left the first half with a knee injury but did come back into the game.

Jack and Henderson were each listed as "limited" in Jacksonville's Thursday practice, but Allen has missed every practice this week. Allen, the No. 7 overall pick in 2019, leads the team in sacks (2) and pressures (13). If he can't play on Sunday, rookie defensive end K'Lavon Chaisson should be expected to fill his role.

"I feel like, obviously, it is 50/50. We are just going to try to see where he is at tomorrow. That is how we have him listed," head coach Doug Marrone said about Allen on Friday.

Through four weeks, the Jaguars have just four sacks, the second-fewest in the league. They may now have to potentially go into Sunday without their best pass-rusher, a tough predicament considering the talent Houston possesses on offense.

link
*****************************************************************************************

And let's not forget that their top CB Hayden has already been placed on IR earlier this week..........and before then, LB Leon Jacobs and and LB Quincey Williams were also placed on IR.

Weren't the Vikings missing their best pass rusher and two starting corners last week ?! .... and their #1 safety got ejected forcing them to plug in a guy who had been on the practice squad for the duration ?

Look how that turned out. They should be completely embarrassed by that performance and not being able to take advantage of a bunch of backups .... and backups to backups.

I do expect them to look better this week but how much remains to be seen - A game against a team that lacks talent to begin with and is lacking key starters is by no means a barometer to gauge this team by.

This is a battle of the weak sisters ....

Weren't the Vikings missing their best pass rusher and two starting corners last week ?! .... and their #1 safety got ejected forcing them to plug in a guy who had been on the practice squad for the duration ?

Look how that turned out. They should be completely embarrassed by that performance and not being able to take advantage of a bunch of backups .... and backups to backups.

I do expect them to look better this week but how much remains to be seen - A game against a team that lacks talent to begin with and is lacking key starters is by no means a barometer to gauge this team by.

The difference now is O'Brien is no longer here to be blamed for holding back the offense, especially Watson.

Exactly. What do we do well :cricket:

What do the Jags do well? Not much either, but they run the ball better & they've managed to score 25 points in 3 out of 4 games. We've yet to score 25 points in 4 games.

We're at home, but by all rights, Jville should be favored to win this game.

The difference now is O'Brien is no longer here to be blamed for holding back the offense, especially Watson.

He’s still responsible for the pieces that are on the field. That o-line was put together by OB.

I don’t know how much change in one week you can make to an offense designed by OB, but it’s still likely to be the same offense.

Kelly has been with OB since 2012. It’s the only thing he’s ever known. I hope Kelly has had ideas and either out of fear, they were never brought up, or simply got squashed by OB if they were brought up. I’ve heard numerous reports over the last 2 years that Kelly would install each week’s game plan and OB would come in and change it at the last minute.

So I really don’t know what to expect, but until they’ve had a chance to design and install something away from what’s there now, this thing still has OB’s fingerprints all over it.

So save the see, it wasn’t OB blah blah BS, if it doesn’t look too much different right away. This is still OB’s mess until somebody can come in and clean it up.

So save the see, it wasn’t OB blah blah BS, if it doesn’t look too much different right away. This is still OB’s mess until somebody can come in and clean it up.
I need a good reason for why the OL is playing as poorly as they are. Fulton, I get it. I'm actually more curious as to why he's on the team, why he's starting.

Martin, I never thought much of him, but too many times he's looking at a guy that needs to be blocked, but chooses to vacate an open lane to the QB to help someone who doesn't need help.

Tytus & Scharping, no preseason in year two... yeah, but I don't think that explains it.

Tunsil... not a damn good reason whatsoever for him playing matador.

I need a good reason for why the OL is playing as poorly as they are. Fulton, I get it. I'm actually more curious as to why he's on the team, why he's starting.

Martin, I never thought much of him, but too many times he's looking at a guy that needs to be blocked, but chooses to vacate an open lane to the QB to help someone who doesn't need help.

Tytus & Scharping, no preseason in year two... yeah, but I don't think that explains it.

The only answer I’ve got for you is coaching. These guys can’t even execute a RB screen. I don’t know how you replace a position coach in season, but Devlin needs to go yesterday.

I agree with all of your assessments except one........Tunsil. Tunsil in 230 snaps, has not generated any penalties or allowed any sacks. PFF has graded him at 82.6...........a top 5 LT.

He’s still responsible for the pieces that are on the field. That o-line was put together by OB.

I don’t know how much change in one week you can make to an offense designed by OB, but it’s still likely to be the same offense.

Kelly has been with OB since 2012. It’s the only thing he’s ever known. I hope Kelly has had ideas and either out of fear, they were never brought up, or simply got squashed by OB if they were brought up. I’ve heard numerous reports over the last 2 years that Kelly would install each week’s game plan and OB would come in and change it at the last minute.

So I really don’t know what to expect, but until they’ve had a chance to design and install something away from what’s there now, this thing still has OB’s fingerprints all over it.

"You FAIL all of the time. But you aren't a FAILURE until you start blaming someone else."
- Bum Phillips, Houston Texans

This may be true, but I also have zero confidence in the defense being able to cover DJ Chark and Keelan Cole much less stop the run where James Robinson has been a nice surprise for the Jags. I do expect the Texans to win just because of the "OB has left the room" emotional factor.
I have honestly never heard, or I just can’t recall hearing of those 3 guys you mentioned but I can still safely agree with your statement about them re: Texans defense.

This may turn out to be that high scoring game that many were expecting between the Chiefs and Texans.

I haven't heard much of why Scharping seems to have lost his starting job to Kelemete. Is Scharp really worse than Fulton?

Back