Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TIME TO RELEASE THE STORY BEHIND THE "MULUGHETA EFFECT" ON THE WATSON/TEXANS RELATIONSHIP..............AND MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I

According to the op, Watson and crew wanted the Texans to be the blackest organization in the entire sports world. Its kinda like that fear of having a black president and every seat filled with black people or minorities. Thats why I think its bs, but you know how this board can run with things.
Fear?

The Texans already have one of the blackest coaching staffs in the NFL. What's to fear? This is, or atleast should be about winning, not about race. I dont doubt for a minute that's what Mulugheta/Derrick wanted. Funny thing is if Derrick had waited he would've gotten what he wanted from a coaching standpoint. Not so much from a monetary standpoint.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I guess I don't get it. I do know that when a minority is put in position of power, the majority feels like they're gonna flood the spot with the worse kind. Normally, the opposite happens. Kinda like revese psychology
I guess I just dont feel this way.

I'm happy Bowles got another shot. I want to see how he does with the GOAT and a really talented team. Instead of the underwear stain that is the NYJ.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!

I'm happy Bowles got another shot. I want to see how he does with the GOAT and a really talented team. Instead of the underwear stain that is the NYJ.
Yeah, its hard to see it through a person of color if you're not one. Like the cb from from Denver stated there are jobs the players joke about as being a black job. Its more than likely a job that is missing alot of talent, in particular, a qb. We know that determines the coaches success more than anything.
In regards to Bowles, I'm glad he's getting another shot. Thats why I didn't understand why the Texans didn't interview Raheem Morris. If they were hell bent on keeping Lovie and some of the staff, Morris is off that tree in sorts. He probably wouldn't have had an issue with some of the staff staying.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I

According to the op, Watson and crew wanted the Texans to be the blackest organization in the entire sports world. Its kinda like that fear of having a black president and every seat filled with black people or minorities. Thats why I think its bs, but you know how this board can run with things.
That was a one of the tactics Watson used to force his way out of here. He knew his demands wasn’t going to be met. Hopkins paved the way for other players to follow when he forced his way out as well.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
I

Not sure many hear fear a black president.... Although we are taking 4 of my 5 kids out of school next year to be home schooled because of all the white hate they have been getting. We live on the nice side of Conroe, the other day my 6 year old daugther came home crying. My 10 year old daughter confirmed there were some older boys who were standing around her seat screaming at here and calling her a little white *****. My son says he is constantly called a cracker, and harrassed as well. So could I see this story having some truth to it? Hell yeah I can.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
When your team is so terribly horribly awfully bad, it is rather easy to understand why 5 players of the top 250 in the NFL draft can make a team roster that is filled with mostly Lowes and Home Depot employees. Contrary to popular belief, using 13 draft picks to draft 5 players who can make a 53 man roster on team that is one of the worst in the league is not necessarily a good thing. It can be considered rather embarrassing.
13 is not the same as 8 which is said to be the fact in this article. Where are people getting 13 picks from?
Houston Texans 2021 NFL Draft Picks

Texian

Hall of Fame
13 is not the same as 8 which is said to be the fact in this article. Where are people getting 13 picks from?
Houston Texans 2021 NFL Draft Picks
Caserio wasted a lot of draft picks trading for players he cut only months later. Caserio started 2021 season with 8 draft picks, he traded 3 of those for players he cut only weeks/months later. During the draft he traded away (2) 2022 draft picks to move up. That's a total of 10 draft picks used in 2021 on 5 players who made the 2021 roster. This does not take into account other draft picks wasted by Caserio like the 4th RD 2021 pick traded for Marcus Cannon who has since been cut and a 2022 5th RD draft pick Caserio traded for Anthony Miller who was cut shortly after the trade. So all of those articles the Brigade is touting for the 2021 draft really belong in the Hall of Shame for perfectly illustrating someone who is in a position and has no idea about what they are doing.

Last edited:

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
Caserio wasted a lot of draft picks trading for players he cut only months later. Caserio started 2021 season with 8 draft picks, he traded 3 of those for players he cut only weeks/months later. During the draft he traded away (2) 2022 draft picks to move up. That's a total of 10 draft picks used in 2021 on 5 players who made the 2021 roster. This does not take into account other draft picks wasted by Caserio like the 4th RD 2021 pick traded for Marcus Cannon who has since been cut and a 2022 5th RD draft pick Caserio traded for Anthony Miller who was cut shortly after the trade. So all of those articles the Brigade is touting for the 2021 draft really belong in the Hall of Shame for perfectly illustrating someone who is in a position and has no idea about what they are doing.
All I am saying is we had 8 when Casserio was hired. I know he only got and targeted 5 players and took some flyers that were debatable, Cannon was a huh while I thought that Miller was worth the flyer. Still stands, 8 is not 13. Just wanted people to try and use facts versus hyperbole to make points. I think their doctors need to evaluate better when they go after reclamation projects.

Dejaview

All Pro
I’m getting my car serviced so I’m posting from my cell phone rather than laptop…but has anyone reported that a judge has ordered DW to testify if he had sex with any of the 18 women who came out in support of him stating it could establish precedent for the 22 civil cases. Sorry if this has already been posted. Not used to posting from my phone.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I’m getting my car serviced so I’m posting from my cell phone rather than laptop…but has anyone reported that a judge has ordered DW to testify if he had sex with any of the 18 women who came out in support of him stating it could establish precedent for the 22 civil cases. Sorry if this has already been posted. Not used to posting from my phone.
Yes I posted it on the Watson thread.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
He lost a 5th rd pick on Miller and a 7th on the CB from Green Bay.

He moved up for Collins and the rest were pick swaps. He certainly didn't give up any high picks or jeopardize this franchises future in any way.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
He lost a 5th rd pick on Miller and a 7th on the CB from Green Bay.

He moved up for Collins and the rest were pick swaps. He certainly didn't give up any high picks or jeopardize this franchises future in any way.
He didn't,but we know there is value late. I mean Kubes gave up a 5th for Meyers and he turned out to be a probowl player. I'm not against giving up late picks for established players, but at the very least,on a team as sorry as the Texans are, you would think they could make and contribute to the team.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
he traded 3 of those for players he cut only weeks/months later.
this bothers me. At the time I didn’t say much. By itself, not a big deal. If you see something you like, go for it. The pick swap for Canon didn’t bother me at all.

Until they were cut. Finley was cut before training camp. What could they have possibly learned between the trade & the day they cut him?

did they cut him because they drafted Mills? Then they later bring in Driskel.

then they cut Canon who missed more games than he played.

no big deal, each incident in themselves, but they add up.
During the draft he traded away (2) 2022 draft picks to move up. That's a total of 10 draft picks used in 2021 on 5 players who made the 2021 roster.
I don’t mind this at all. Not one bit. In fact, I’m glad they use this approach.

I’m not looking at bodies when I look at draft picks. I’m looking at currency. If they trade 3 coins for one of equal value, why do I care?

if they traded 3 coins for one of less value then I would be upset.

If you argue you can get whatever player they selected at a later spot, that’s one thing. Or that you could get a comparable player at a lower spot, those are legitimate arguments.

If they traded day one/two picks, that’s an argument worth having.

But they traded late day three picks for earlier day three picks…. ehh…

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I'm not against giving up late picks for established players, but at the very least,on a team as sorry as the Texans are, you would think they could make and contribute to the team
Definitely a “proven” strategy.

But Nick was pretty clear he was going a different direction to improve the bottom of the roster quickly. I think his one year FA project worked a lot better than relying on 6 & 7th round picks for depth. Those guys would have ended up playing somewhere at some time.

Yes, it would have been nice to grab a Meyers for a 6th round pick. But we’ve got plenty of 6th round picks, or 5th or whatever he used to get Collins & Wallow.

Those trades didn’t stop him for finding a Meyers.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
I want to see what he's like with picks now that we're out of the other end of the tunnel. When those deals were done they didn't matter. Nothing mattered. We're here in Houston treading water, trying to recover from Bill O'Brien's idiocy, and trying to get our star QB to get back to being invested in the team while he's clearly quite aware that we're in rebuilding mode..... again.... due to said HC/GM fueled idiocy. Then things get even worse with Watson pulling his BS and demanding a trade. I can accept the attitude that none of those players mattered. It was put together a team because part of being in the NFL is that you have to field a team every year.

The Texans were clearly a mess going into 2021. Culley? Why not? We like him. He's a nice guy. Maybe we find a diamond but probably he's road-kill in a year or two regardless. Why lose sleep over it anyway? That describes most of our roster. All of that is behind us now (supposedly) and taking some late round picks and casually throwing them on the fire while you try to put something on the field for an already-lost season is no longer acceptable. I don't care about what Caserio did when he got here. I care about what he does now that he has put together something to work with and the team is building and not just biding time. With the "better" picks he had available he made some smart moves. He drafted some guys who can play and have a role here. Now he needs to do that some more.

Xopher

Rookie

I do like how the NFL waived the Rooney rule for this hire. I think if you have a minority coach in waiting it should be waived. There is no point in making minority candidates go through the BS when a minority coach in waiting is sitting there.

Texian

Hall of Fame
this bothers me. At the time I didn’t say much. By itself, not a big deal. If you see something you like, go for it. The pick swap for Canon didn’t bother me at all.

Until they were cut. Finley was cut before training camp. What could they have possibly learned between the trade & the day they cut him?

did they cut him because they drafted Mills? Then they later bring in Driskel.

then they cut Canon who missed more games than he played.

no big deal, each incident in themselves, but they add up.

I don’t mind this at all. Not one bit. In fact, I’m glad they use this approach.

I’m not looking at bodies when I look at draft picks. I’m looking at currency. If they trade 3 coins for one of equal value, why do I care?

if they traded 3 coins for one of less value then I would be upset.

If you argue you can get whatever player they selected at a later spot, that’s one thing. Or that you could get a comparable player at a lower spot, those are legitimate arguments.

If they traded day one/two picks, that’s an argument worth having.

But they traded late day three picks for earlier day three picks…. ehh…
The problem I had with these trades is they were on the soon to be cut list and all could've been had on the waiver wire. Just a little patience would've saved 4 or 5 draft picks.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Since LeeBig easy thinks this is all a troll, read this article from the past.....it ties right into everything.....

Doesn't tie anything and it won't open. I know you won't believe it, but go back to the last public interview, mix in some JJ, listen to what Cal said to espn outlined in the article posted by Texian. Its not hard to connect the dots that the biggest problem is not only Cal, but the power Esterbe has been granted. Anytime you can go from character coach to interim gm to vp in a matter of 2 years, that tells you alot. Not only that, he got a dude coaching high school football 3 interviews. C'mon man, open your eyes. If Esterbe would've been fired along with BOB and Cal had hired someone off Korn Ferry list, Watson wouldn't have never wanted out even with the accusations hiding in the background. Thats pretty easy to connect those dots. I for one wanted John Dorsey because he had a proven and clear track record of drafting really good football players. Khan from the Steelers have a pretty good track record. One of the best at drafting in the NFL, Will McClay didn't even interview for the job because the interim gm didn't want anyone who would fire him,even renegotiated his contract to say so. He was part of this bad contracts starting with Merci, and someone he retained his job and gained even more power. Miss me with the social justice stuff. The guy still running around giving interviews to 2 high school kids in Philly is a problem. At least they've managed to put that clown out the way for a minute and operate like a nfl team.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Doesn't tie anything and it won't open. I know you won't believe it, but go back to the last public interview, mix in some JJ, listen to what Cal said to espn outlined in the article posted by Texian. Its not hard to connect the dots that the biggest problem is not only Cal, but the power Esterbe has been granted. Anytime you can go from character coach to interim gm to vp in a matter of 2 years, that tells you alot. Not only that, he got a dude coaching high school football 3 interviews. C'mon man, open your eyes. If Esterbe would've been fired along with BOB and Cal had hired someone off Korn Ferry list, Watson wouldn't have never wanted out even with the accusations hiding in the background. Thats pretty easy to connect those dots. I for one wanted John Dorsey because he had a proven and clear track record of drafting really good football players. Khan from the Steelers have a pretty good track record. One of the best at drafting in the NFL, Will McClay didn't even interview for the job because the interim gm didn't want anyone who would fire him,even renegotiated his contract to say so. He was part of this bad contracts starting with Merci, and someone he retained his job and gained even more power. Miss me with the social justice stuff. The guy still running around giving interviews to 2 high school kids in Philly is a problem. At least they've managed to put that clown out the way for a minute and operate like a nfl team.
So why did Watson sign the mega contract and thank OB and Easterby for making his dreams come true if he was so unhappy? Also that Korn Ferry list was really really bad with only Khan even remotely deserving to be considered. By the way, Korn Ferry is the reason OB was hired.

Face it, your boy Watson was trying to get out of town because he knew they couldn’t sue him across state lines and without the civil cases the criminal cases would have never come up. It’s why after everything came out he wasn’t in as big a hurry because the damage was done.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Face it, your boy Watson was trying to get out of town because he knew they couldn’t sue him across state lines and without the civil cases the criminal cases would have never come up. It’s why after everything came out he wasn’t in as big a hurry because the damage was done.
I hate to interrupt this back and forth. This doesn't seem accurate. Keep in mind besides watching Perry Mason, Law and Order and jury duty, I don't have any legal experience. However, since when can't you sue across state lines? Did you get this information from the legal expert on this forum who was incorrectly spreading information that Watson wanted to be traded to Florida to fight extradition?

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I hate to interrupt this back and forth. This doesn't seem accurate. Keep in mind besides watching Perry Mason, Law and Order and jury duty, I don't have any legal experience. However, since when can't you sue across state lines? Did you get this information from the legal expert on this forum who was incorrectly spreading information that Watson wanted to be traded to Florida to fight extradition?
You are correct and I should have been more clear by saying that it is almost impossible to sue across state lines due to the restrictions in doing so. First you have to sue the person in the state they live and not the state you live. I guarantee you Watson had it ready so that as soon as he was traded he would find a house, drop some cash on it and change his dwelling address to show that is his primary house. So at this point anyone that wants to sue him has to contact a lawyer in his new state and get them to take the case which means Buzbee could not be the lawyer. I know many of you would say thats a good thing but from the point of view of the women it would be a very bad thing. Second any court appearance would again have to be in the state Watson resides in so that means the women would all have to travel to that state every time there is a court appearance. A very common tactic in this case is for the person being sued lawyer to schedule frequent court dates or get court dates changed at the last minute because they know the person suing can rarely afford to keep going back and forth like that and ultimately has to drop the case due to lack of funds.

So given all that what I said about the women not being able to sue him across state lines is accurate from a realistic point of view if not a technical one.

"The basic rule is that state courts–including small claims courts–only have the power to hear cases involving individuals who live in or are present in the state. Lawyers call this jurisdiction. If you want to sue someone who lives in another state, you will have to sue in the state where the person lives, not in the state where you live. Often you can file papers with the court by mail, but you'll have to follow the state's rules when serving the court papers on the defendant. Also, you should expect to show up in person on court day. However, some states allow people on active duty in the military—and occasionally others—to present their case entirely in writing."

Earl34

Hall of Fame
You are correct and I should have been more clear by saying that it is almost impossible to sue across state lines due to the restrictions in doing so. First you have to sue the person in the state they live and not the state you live. I guarantee you Watson had it ready so that as soon as he was traded he would find a house, drop some cash on it and change his dwelling address to show that is his primary house. So at this point anyone that wants to sue him has to contact a lawyer in his new state and get them to take the case which means Buzbee could not be the lawyer. I know many of you would say thats a good thing but from the point of view of the women it would be a very bad thing. Second any court appearance would again have to be in the state Watson resides in so that means the women would all have to travel to that state every time there is a court appearance. A very common tactic in this case is for the person being sued lawyer to schedule frequent court dates or get court dates changed at the last minute because they know the person suing can rarely afford to keep going back and forth like that and ultimately has to drop the case due to lack of funds.

So given all that what I said about the women not being able to sue him across state lines is accurate from a realistic point of view if not a technical one.

"The basic rule is that state courts–including small claims courts–only have the power to hear cases involving individuals who live in or are present in the state. Lawyers call this jurisdiction. If you want to sue someone who lives in another state, you will have to sue in the state where the person lives, not in the state where you live. Often you can file papers with the court by mail, but you'll have to follow the state's rules when serving the court papers on the defendant. Also, you should expect to show up in person on court day. However, some states allow people on active duty in the military—and occasionally others—to present their case entirely in writing."

Thanks for the detailed clarification. That makes more sense.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I guarantee you Watson had it ready so that as soon as he was traded he would find a house, drop some cash on it and change his dwelling address to show that is his primary house. So at this point anyone that wants to sue him has to contact a lawyer in his new state and get them to take the case which means Buzbee could not be the lawyer.
Why wouldn't he have already done this?

I'm sure his mom has a home somewhere. Most likely in his name. But even if it isn't, he can list it as his primary resident at any time.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Why wouldn't he have already done this?

I'm sure his mom has a home somewhere. Most likely in his name. But even if it isn't, he can list it as his primary resident at any time.
Very good question, the only think I can think of is that it was an ego thing and he never actually thought he would be sued or at least that it would never amount to anything. I still believe he wanted traded mainly to avoid the lawsuits but after listening to him talk about it I don't actually think that was his idea because he, to this day, doesn't think he has anything to apologize for nor do anything different. The first report we had was that Watson's original handlers were willing to settle because they thought it would be a good lesson for him and Watson fired them. Once that happened the ball started rolling and it became a race. I think the trade push then started but it was coming from his agent and maybe others close to him and they sold it to him as him being better than the Texans and deserving to be on a winning team. Meanwhile his agent would know it would avoid the lawsuits so told him to be ready to buy a house fast once he was traded, you know to show his commitment to his new team.

This is all my theory with nothing to back it up except my own connection of dots.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Quoted for truth.

Speaking from experience, it's like trying to wrong blood out of a turnip. The headache and expense often isn't worth the trouble. You should read through the Delaware bankruptcy laws. SMH.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
So why did Watson sign the mega contract and thank OB and Easterby for making his dreams come true if he was so unhappy? Also that Korn Ferry list was really really bad with only Khan even remotely deserving to be considered. By the way, Korn Ferry is the reason OB was hired.

So because I voice an opinion, he's my boy? C'mon man, you can do better than that. All you have to do is listen to all sides. Jack got up there and gave this grand speech about gifts and when asked about Jack, he said he really didnt know Esterby. When Bob got fired, somehow the guy with no football experience gets promoted to gm. The same interim gm that negotiated Tunsil and Merci contract. There is a common denominator is the ridiculous way the Texans were operating and even a guy who benefitted, Whitney spoke about tippity top. Korn Ferry could've had the greatest gm ever created as a candidate and he wouldn't have been hired because the main dude help finding the gm needed to keep his power. I think if Cal would've just wiped everyone out after firing BOB and then hired Caserio, there wouldn't have been any issues.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Very good question, the only think I can think of is that it was an ego thing and he never actually thought he would be sued or at least that it would never amount to anything. I still believe he wanted traded mainly to avoid the lawsuits but after listening to him talk about it I don't actually think that was his idea because he, to this day, doesn't think he has anything to apologize for nor do anything different. The first report we had was that Watson's original handlers were willing to settle because they thought it would be a good lesson for him and Watson fired them. Once that happened the ball started rolling and it became a race. I think the trade push then started but it was coming from his agent and maybe others close to him and they sold it to him as him being better than the Texans and deserving to be on a winning team. Meanwhile his agent would know it would avoid the lawsuits so told him to be ready to buy a house fast once he was traded, you know to show his commitment to his new team.

This is all my theory with nothing to back it up except my own connection of dots.
But when I connect the big ass dots, you tripping

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So because I voice an opinion, he's my boy? C'mon man, you can do better than that. All you have to do is listen to all sides. Jack got up there and gave this grand speech about gifts and when asked about Jack, he said he really didnt know Esterby. When Bob got fired, somehow the guy with no football experience gets promoted to gm. The same interim gm that negotiated Tunsil and Merci contract. There is a common denominator is the ridiculous way the Texans were operating and even a guy who benefitted, Whitney spoke about tippity top. Korn Ferry could've had the greatest gm ever created as a candidate and he wouldn't have been hired because the main dude help finding the gm needed to keep his power. I think if Cal would've just wiped everyone out after firing BOB and then hired Caserio, there wouldn't have been any issues.
Agreed, I called for a clean slate.

As of right now I'm happy with the Caserio hire. He did a great job getting proper value for Derrick, despite what some posters think.

Let's see what he does with the picks, this will determine whether Caserio was a great hire or a bad hire.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
But when I connect the big ass dots, you tripping

Only dots I've seen you connect is the classic Texans are evil and Watson was the poor player who just wanted out of there. Of course you are still ignoring the fact that he only wanted out AFTER signing the mega deal and also that pretty much everything you say he didn't like was already in place when he signed that deal. Yeah Easterby might not have been the inter GM but even before that all this board could talk about was how much Easterby really controlled everything. By the way here is the full quote about what Watson said about Easterby, not just one sentence.

“We’re still in the process of getting to know each other,” Watson said. “I know last year he just got here so he was kind of behind the scenes and I see him here and there. Not too much communication, but it was just trying to figure out his position and his place in the organization. Then of course here with the locker room with so many changes, it’s hard to kind of spend a lot of time. Of course, this year, of course COVID hit, so a lot of phone calls during the negotiation and things like that. But my agent dealt with that.”

Watson indicated that he didn’t have a chance to get to know Easterby until the regular season got started. Easterby took over as interim general manager when Bill O’Brien was fired on Oct. 5, 2020.

“During the season we’ve just kind of been growing, talking, communication,” said Watson. “He’s a man of God who cares about this organization, these players. He cares about players in that locker room to be the best of their ability and get whatever they can out of their careers. Having that good positive energy and spirit around the locker room is definitely good.”

Ultimately though it comes back to its none of Watson's business who is GM. If the Texans wanted to hire Blinky the wonder camel as their GM thats still none of his business.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Only dots I've seen you connect is the classic Texans are evil and Watson was the poor player who just wanted out of there. Of course you are still ignoring the fact that he only wanted out AFTER signing the mega deal and also that pretty much everything you say he didn't like was already in place when he signed that deal. Yeah Easterby might not have been the inter GM but even before that all this board could talk about was how much Easterby really controlled everything. By the way here is the full quote about what Watson said about Easterby, not just one sentence.

“We’re still in the process of getting to know each other,” Watson said. “I know last year he just got here so he was kind of behind the scenes and I see him here and there. Not too much communication, but it was just trying to figure out his position and his place in the organization. Then of course here with the locker room with so many changes, it’s hard to kind of spend a lot of time. Of course, this year, of course COVID hit, so a lot of phone calls during the negotiation and things like that. But my agent dealt with that.”

Watson indicated that he didn’t have a chance to get to know Easterby until the regular season got started. Easterby took over as interim general manager when Bill O’Brien was fired on Oct. 5, 2020.

“During the season we’ve just kind of been growing, talking, communication,” said Watson. “He’s a man of God who cares about this organization, these players. He cares about players in that locker room to be the best of their ability and get whatever they can out of their careers. Having that good positive energy and spirit around the locker room is definitely good.”

Ultimately though it comes back to its none of Watson's business who is GM. If the Texans wanted to hire Blinky the wonder camel as their GM thats still none of his business.
Well, thats why he wanted out. Same with JJ and Hopkins. Bad management. A dude with no football personel experience, in fact is a character coach is making personel decisions and everything is going to be cool right? Listen, you have you thoughts and ideas, I have mine. I will leave it at that.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
That article is just another brick in the road to support CnD's version of events.

The herd-think ran with Watson's leaks and galvanized it into a simpleton narrative of billionaire=bad and poor little victim Deshaun=good, like only one side was capable of making mistakes or bad judgement.

It appears that Deshaun was told that his perspective was welcomed, but when his opinions were not considered instructions from the diva, he started his pouting routine to find a team that would bow to his demands. And it appears that Cleveland is just stupid enough to do it.

Between his diva BS and guaranteed contract, it might be starting a trend that will ultimately change the NFL landscape if more players realize that they can pout, act like chumps, and feign injury in order get their way. David Mulugheta will happily hold their hands and show them the way, for a small nominal service fee, of course.

michaelm

vox nihili
That article is just another brick in the road to support CnD's version of events.

The herd-think ran with Watson's leaks and galvanized it into a simpleton narrative of billionaire=bad and poor little victim Deshaun=good, like only one side was capable of making mistakes or bad judgement.

It appears that Deshaun was told that his perspective was welcomed, but when his opinions were not considered instructions from the diva, he started his pouting routine to find a team that would bow to his demands. And it appears that Cleveland is just stupid enough to do it.

Between his diva BS and guaranteed contract, it might be starting a trend that will ultimately change the NFL landscape if more players realize that they can pout, act like chumps, and feign injury in order get their way. David Mulugheta will happily hold their hands and show them the way, for a small nominal service fee, of course.
I have a suspicion that Mulugheta is the driving force behind all of it, and that this was a move of activism on his part.
I have no proof, but I think he will be part of more situations like this that have a racial component.
I could be wrong, just a hunch

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club

Highly doubt the suits were filed in small claims court where the monetary limit is $20,000... probably filed in federal court for a large claim

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Well, thats why he wanted out. Same with JJ and Hopkins. Bad management. A dude with no football personel experience, in fact is a character coach is making personel decisions and everything is going to be cool right? Listen, you have you thoughts and ideas, I have mine. I will leave it at that.
The issue was that Calhoun wouldn't give up a 1st rd pick (,Howard) to get Caserio here a yr earlier. The Calhoun's are still paying for that decision.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Highly doubt the suits were filed in small claims court where the monetary limit is $20,000... probably filed in federal court for a large claim
Can’t file on federal because Watson and defendants are from the same state. I agree it wouldn’t be in small claims that was just the quickest example I could find. The next thing people will say is that ok but if Watson moved then they could file federal except in federal there is a statue of limitations on ow long you have to use.

Last edited:

Toro Bravo

Rookie
The issue was that Calhoun wouldn't give up a 1st rd pick (,Howard) to get Caserio here a yr earlier. The Calhoun's are still paying for that decision.
And the reason this was an issue is because Easterby didn't know what he was doing and violated NFL rules by tampering with another teams employees. I'm seeing a pattern here of Easterby's incompetence, ignorance and naivety.

Status
Not open for further replies.