Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TIME TO RELEASE THE STORY BEHIND THE "MULUGHETA EFFECT" ON THE WATSON/TEXANS RELATIONSHIP..............AND MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good deal but so many wasn’t raised like you. In this oilfield ( in which has gotten better) I’ve experienced racism a lot back in 2011. In 2018 i worked side by side with a dude that was KKK. Actually he said he was the head of the KKK in his region.

Where you work at? I've been in the oilfield since 2009.

I have cousins and uncles that live near Jasper TX. That's where my family is from, my mom on the other hand didn't raise me to hate. Never hated anyone because of their color. Never thought I or my kids would be hated for ours..

My wife (who is white) grew up in San Angelo. She was in grade school when a black family moved into the neighborhood, a colonel and his family. These were the first black people my wife had ever been "exposed" to. There was a girl who was a little older than my wife and she was popular in school in large part because she was an oddity: well traveled, educated, exotic. My wife's younger brother was the same age as one of the boys. That boy came over a lot, was invited to parties, spent the night a few times.

And my wife was like... "I never saw any racism."

Then when she was older, she was talking to her mother and her mother told her how hard it was to have that little ****** boy staying at their house, playing on their furniture, sleeping in their beds, etc. She was horrified that Jeff had invited him over, but didn't want to make a scene about it.

There's always a hope that we're past that and that those kinds have gone extinct, but it's still out there, festering like a wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back