Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TIME TO RELEASE THE STORY BEHIND THE "MULUGHETA EFFECT" ON THE WATSON/TEXANS RELATIONSHIP..............AND MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I missed this in this string, but what about the possibility that Corrosion and CND did hear this information from their sources but the information isn’t true, rather planted by top Texans brass to make them look better? I lean towards believing the allegations as the quick trade of Keenum from the Browns was weird to me but I have also seen tons of disfunction from the Texans that is directly attributable to top brass there.
Ahhhhhhh, the smell of a defamation lawsuit in the morning

Not to deflect the thread, but does Omenihus strange departure weave into this somehow? I did not realize that he was a Mulughetta client also.

I thought it was strange to that after he left he started bad mouthing the Texans when far as I know he really didn't have any problems. When I saw he was a client of Muleghetta as well I did wonder if he was asked to stir the pot a bit.

Very possible many in the media have heard of this from various sources but will not risk reputation or getting canceled to go public without the smoking gun hard evidence that probably doesn't exist. Very slippery slope for someone who could lose everything, story like this would be like jumping into a pool with 5000 piranhas. Posters here have nothing to lose. TMZ would maybe run with it.

Very possible many in the media have heard of this from various sources but will not risk reputation or getting canceled to go public without the smoking gun hard evidence that probably doesn't exist. Very slippery slope for someone who could lose everything, story like this would be like jumping into a pool with 5000 piranhas. Posters here have nothing to lose. TMZ would maybe run with it.

Quoted for truth

That's why I don't think this is a "leak" or "controlled leak" orchestrated by the Texans, like some are saying.

This isn't for the News. It's just a fan sharing what he knows with his friends.
Exactly this. I could share some insider Verlander news with everyone that you'll never hear on ESPN. These things are known in smaller circles, just isn't widely accepted unless it comes from who the media deems is a "legit source".

I'd replace black with "Minority".

I believe @CloakNNNdagger may have overlooked that word in the excitement of getting this out after sitting on it for quite some time.

I pointed that out when someone made the comment about Omar Kahn on page one.
There is nothing to change. We all know what Watson and his racist ass “team” really wanted. An All-Black operated football franchise from FO personnel down to players. Ain’t nobody crazy!

If it's a deliberate effort on the part of the franchise wouldn't they leak it out to bigger sources?

That hasn't happened yet.
I don't see how leaking this story would help the Texans. First, it would keep the focus on Watson, whom they want to move away from and have a fresh restart. Second, it would force Cal and Jack to answer questions. They're the only guys left that would have direct knowledge. And we know they don't want Cal & Jack in front of a microphone.

No, the Texans don't want any part of this.

I don't see how leaking this story would help the Texans. First, it would keep the focus on Watson, whom they want to move away from and have a fresh restart. Second, it would force Cal and Jack to answer questions. They're the only guys left that would have direct knowledge. And we know they don't want Cal & Jack in front of a microphone.

I disagree. To each his own.

Calling BS.

Maybe Watson & Co said they'd prefer an all minority operation, and certainly they may have asked for, encouraged, requested, argued in favor of, or any number of other petitions in that way hoping to remake the Texans into a fully integrated operation with minorities in important positions--sort of like the Flores proposal, a remedy to the grotesque over-whiteness of the management side of the NFL--but to say they DEMANDED these things seems like a stretch. And even if they did DEMAND something, it was likely just a goodbye kiss to the Texans. Is there any indication that Watson & Co. have made similar DEMANDS of the Browns? Any suggestion anywhere? Other than replacing a couple of completely replaceable players etc?

Me, I like the Doc and all his supposed inside info, but this looks like a bridge too far.

Knowing a little bit about the McNairs persona and Cal's M.O. I could see how leaking this story, Cal would think it would clear him from all of the wrongdoing created by his initial behavior and the reason for running off DeShaun Watson. It also gives Cal reason and justification for wanting DeShaun Watson gone Ricky tic.

Last edited:
Knowing a little bit about the McNairs persona and Cal's M.O. I could see how leaking this story, Cal would think it would clear him from all of the wrongdoing created by his initial behavior and the reason for running off DeShaun Watson. It also gives Cal reason and justification for wanting DeShaun Watson gone Ricky tic.

B.S. please tell us what "initial behavior" ran ✌️ boy off. (Just months after crying over a contract.) Cal doesn't need to create reasons/justifications for wanting the human colostomy bag gone. Watson gave him 22+ real reasons (and then some) to want him gone.

Cal has made mistakes, but no mistake came remotely close to the colossal mistakes/life mistakes Watson made during the short regrettable time he spent disrespecting this team and preying on this city. How some of y'all continue to act like Houston wronged Watson or how he wasn't responsible for all of this crap and Cal and the Texans were blows my mind.

Sadly though, I see Watson continuing his destructive behavior on another team and in another city. I mean when you're rewarded 230 million dollars after all the bullshit he did, you don't learn anything. People with this mindset and treatment towards Watson are eventually going to enable Watson right out of the league and into a jail cell.

Last edited:
Larry in Stafford is that you? Run him off?? Really? Cal may be an idiot but he’s not on IG bringing his own towel. No denying the org has been a mess but ALL of this drama is on Derrick. I know how he was raised and and where he came from but the kid is all about him now. A spoiled little b**ch. Good riddance to him and his bigot agent so if you want to blame it on Cal well than great job Cal!

Larry in Stafford is that you? Run him off?? Really? Cal may be an idiot but he’s not on IG bringing his own towel. No denying the org has been a mess but ALL of this drama is on Derrick. I know how he was raised and and where he came from but the kid is all about him now. A spoiled little b**ch. Good riddance to him and his bigot agent so if you want to blame it on Cal well than great job Cal!
Put away all the crap that happened after the 22 came forward. Before all that crap transpired, Cal had promised Watson a seat at the decision making table to guide the Texans future going forward. Cal ignored that promise and never consulted with DeShaun. The Caserio hiring came as a complete surprise to DW and he tweeted, "Some things never change" moments after Easterby persuaded Cal to hire Nick Caserio.

It was pretty much from that moment on when DW began texting his teammates from Mexico he was gone, out of here. He didn't want to waste his career in Loserville. Cal apologized to DW and I'm sure Cal would like to erase this fiasco and behavior from his history. The 22 came after all this transpired. If the 22 never happened Cal was still responsible for his behavior and decisions that created reasons for DW wanting to leave. There is no denying that. The 22 accusers just gave Cal some cover.

Last edited:
Put away all the crap that happened after the 22 came forward. Before all that crap transpired, Cal had promised Watson a seat at the decision making table to guide the Texans future going forward. Cal ignored that promise and never consulted with DeShaun. The Caserio hiring came as a complete surprise to DW and he tweeted, "Some things never change" moments after Easterby persuaded Cal to hire Nick Caserio.

It was pretty much from that moment on when DW began texting his teammates from Mexico he was gone, out of here. He didn't want to waste his career in Loserville. Cal apologized to DW and I'm sure Cal would like to erase this fiasco and behavior from his history. The 22 came after all this transpired. If the 22 never happened Cal was still responsible for his behavior and decisions that created reasons for DW wanting to leave. There is no denying that. The 22 accusers just gave Cal a cover.

1. I'm glad Cal had a cover to get this 26 year old ego driven, fetish loving selfish QB out of here.
2. NO MATTER what Cal promised (which was a tactical error) in what universe do YOU/WE want a 25 year old QB determining what direction this franchise goes? Especially knowing what YOU/WE know now??
3. Have you ever made a decision that you wanted to take back but ended up working out in your favor? I have and guess what that occurred here
4. He signed the contract HE and HIS AGENT negotiated and approved and because he didn't get his way HE QUIT on his teammates.
5. Why do you continue to post in LOSERVILLE???

You're a smart guy. I enjoy reading your posts. Just my 2 cents but to continually pour fault on ownership as to why that guy is no longer our QB is misguided.

"He didn't want to waste his career in Loserville".. So he went to the Browns

tenor.gif

BTW.. Watson is the Mayor of Loserville.. population: 1

This is what happens when you give max contracts to young inner city prospects.

I don't think inner city has anything to do with it at all. This isn't a race/working class/living environment issue at all.

Shitty people come from multiple backgrounds, multiple colors, and situations.. alot of people can't handle success or the temptations that brings. Watson thought he lived in a fantasy world (must've been sniffing cat piss with Kenny).. Watson himself is left to blame.. not what part of town he grew up on, or what team drafted him, he's just a crappy person.

Last edited:
I don't think inner city has anything to do with it at all. This isn't a race/working class/living environment issue at all.

Shitty people come from multiple backgrounds, multiple colors, and situations.. alot of people can't handle success or the temptations that brings. Watson thought he lived in a fantasy world (must've been smelling cat piss with Kenny).. Watson himself is left to blame.. not what part of town he grew up on, or what team drafted him, he's just a crappy person.

Thank you , spot on with this take.

This is what happens when you give max contracts to young inner city prospects.

While I have no love of Watson he grew up in Gainesville, Georgia. Which, rounded off, has a population of 40k. 30k less than Baytown, 20k more than Katy and not even remotely close to Houston. Even Clemson is a college town with a population of only 16k. Hardly what I would call an “inner city prospect”.

5. Why do you continue to post in LOSERVILLE???
Because that's what the Houston Texans are and will be with a McNair running the show and Cal McNair is Chairman of the Houston Texans. I've seen this story to many times. It's a story where the NOTHING consumes the land like in Detroit with the Fords as owners and in Atlanta when Rankin Smith was the owner and the New Orleans Saints when John Mecom Jr was the owner. Atlanta escaped the NOTHING once when they accidentally were able to hire Dan Reeves as their head coach. The NOTHING consumes the weak and the football mentally challenged. Cal McNair is using their NOTHING playbook, therefore the outlook remains dark and gloomy.

As Texas fans living Loserville with the NOTHING devouring our NFL franchise, our best hope, is the old catching lightning in a bottle (like Atlanta) or that blind squirrel finding a nut. Maybe, just maybe, the Texans accidentally hired their Dan Reeves when their typical normal FUBAR SNAFU head coaching search ended up in the Texans hastily hiring Lovie Smith because just like Zach Mayo said, they had nowhere else to go. Welcome aboard Mr. Blind Squirrel?

Last edited:

It was pretty much from that moment on when DW began texting his teammates from Mexico he was gone, out of here. He didn't want to waste his career in Loserville. Cal apologized to DW and I'm sure Cal would like to erase this fiasco and behavior from his history. The 22 came after all this transpired. If the 22 never happened Cal was still responsible for his behavior and decisions that created reasons for DW wanting to leave. There is no denying that. The 22 accusers just gave Cal a cover.

Put away all the crap that happened with naming a GM. Before all that crap transpired, Watson signed his name to a contract.

And even if you include the crap that happened with naming a GM Watson went AWOL. The most important part of the off-season and he goes to Mexico? The world is supposed to stop for him? WTF?

We don’t know what was said between Watson and Cal.

I am not siding with a guy who has 22 sexual assault allegations.

I will side with the guy who is guilty of playing his game boy too much.

Shitty people come from multiple backgrounds, multiple colors, and situations.. alot of people can't handle success or the temptations that brings. Watson thought he lived in a fantasy world (must've been sniffing cat piss with Kenny).. Watson himself is left to blame.. not what part of town he grew up on, or what team drafted him, he's just a crappy person.
Why is the person you responded to allowed to keep posting that crap? It has been deleted but his racist opinions have been expressed for long time. Thanks for calling him on it.

Yep, like not wanting to draft a guy because he's nigerian and his parents are doctors. Like what does that have to do with football?

saved me from responding to the first sentence
as an oyinbo from Benin City, i'm more apt to favour the prospect described

wonder who that was? so much 9ja in the league

Why is the person you responded to allowed to keep posting that crap? It has been deleted but his racist opinions have been expressed for long time. Thanks for calling him on it.

I'm not allowed to have an opinion.

This just in people of all races live in the inner city. So no that opinion wouldn't make me a racist. However I do consider anybody who thinks only African-Americans live in the inner city to not only not have ever been to an inner city, but for them to either be racist or ignorant, or maybe a little bit of both.

Last edited:
I'm not going to go in circles with you on this because for some reason your're not understanding how your statement can be viewed as racist. Maybe you will figure it out one day

I don't believe I replied to you. I do understand how my opinion could be viewed as racist, if a person thinks only African-Americans live in the inner city. But we both know this isn't the case.

I thought I replied to BB since he obviously called me a racist. BTW, this couldn't be farther from the truth..
How can it be racist when I want an African American as the pick over Icky and I gave a couple of good reasons. 1 football and 1 background reason. This has nothing to do with race and everything about being burned by oKoye.

I thought I replied to BB since he obviously called me a racist. BTW, this couldn't be farther from the truth..
How can it be racist when I want an African American as the pick over Icky and I gave a couple of good reasons. 1 football and 1 background reason. This has nothing to do with race and everything about being burned by oKoye.
Check this out. My reservations about drafting olineman from Bama under Saban has nothing to do with parents,background or skin color. My issue is None have lived up to their 1st rd draft status. From Andre Smith to Flucker to Leatherwood. So, my issue don't stem from color,race or background. When you group people, that's why the remarks are racist. No different than your inner city comment. How can you have inner city of a town?

Check this out. My reservations about drafting olineman from Bama under Saban has nothing to do with parents,background or skin color. My issue is None have lived up to their 1st rd draft status. From Andre Smith to Flucker to Leatherwood. So, my issue don't stem from color,race or background. When you group people, that's why the remarks are racist. No different than your inner city comment. How can you have inner city of a town?

I actually somewhat agree with you on the Alabama ol. Although Williams was the starting Lt in the SB.

BTW, mine have nothing to do with skin color, but do have to do with Country and background of the prospect and I've told you why I wouldn't draft the guy and it has nothing to do with race.

Wanna bet that icky has a short career due to CTE concerns?

I have a real issue and reservations about hiring Bill Belichick admin assistants, file clerks and assistant coaches. History has shown football execs working and living in that part of the Boston neighborhood can really stink up a place where they relocate to. Have been known to become dangerous arsonist creating all kinds of dumpster fires.

I have a real issue and reservations about hiring Bill Belichick admin assistants, file clerks and assistant coaches. History has shown football execs working and living in that part of the Boston neighborhood can really stink up a place where they relocate to. Have been known to become dangerous arsonist creating all kinds of dumpster fires.

Wow this completely shocked me. I had no idea at all you felt that way. :shocked

I agree.

I didn’t want anything New England after they fired OB.

I wanted John Dorsey.

But when Cal picked Caserio we had to roll with it.

I wanted a coach from New England for “alignment”. No more of the coach and GM no longer having “alignment”.

But Cal went two different ways both times.

Caserio had done good so far. I will willing to give him and Lovie a couple of years to see what happens because I am a fan.

I agree.

I didn’t want anything New England after they fired OB.

I wanted John Dorsey.

But when Cal picked Caserio we had to roll with it.

I wanted a coach from New England for “alignment”. No more of the coach and GM no longer having “alignment”.

But Cal went two different ways both times.

Caserio had done good so far. I will willing to give him and Lovie a couple of years to see what happens because I am a fan.

I’m with you, I can’t not like someone just because of where they come from.

Caserio has until now been in a different mode because of the sh1t sandwich he was dealt.

Now is the time to make good decisions that build this team up.

I’ll be watching closely this year and the next.

So that’s why you continually sh!!//T on Caserio on every thread. Like Maverick said shocking.

Sadly though, I see Watson continuing his destructive behavior on another team and in another city. I mean when you're rewarded 230 million dollars after all the bullshit he did, you don't learn anything. People with this mindset and treatment towards Watson are eventually going to enable Watson right out of the league and into a jail cell.

I was thinking the same thing, his getting off (even if he loses the civil suits) has to embolden him .... and he continues the behavior. Eventually we might see a Harvey Weinstein type situation where there are decades of victims ....

It really sucks to see people like Cosby get away with their crimes over some technicality.
Justice is lost, justice is raped, justice is gone.

So that’s why you continually sh!!//T on Caserio on every thread. Like Maverick said shocking.
No, not at all. When they announced Caserio was the new GM, I do admit I did have an immediate concern. Thats only because history has consistently shown that all Belichick administrative assistants had never been good or successful managers. They were not adverse in most things required from a manager, such as, negotiating, trading for players, fiscal money management responsibility, player contracts, human resources, etc. Belichick never wanted them acting in those capacities. Their main job responsibilities were pretty much limited to player evaluations. And Bob Kraft was very clear in saying that in the last decade the Patriots acquisitions of player personnel had been disappointing and PFF graded Caserio's last five Patriot drafts as the worst in the league. That's just for starters. That was square one.

Once Caserio arrived in Houston I really had no bias only the use of past history to guide me. My question at the time was, is this going to be another Scott Pioli FUBAR of the Kansas City Chiefs. Therefore, moving forward, it didn't take long to get an early answer and understanding that Nick Caserio was lacking in general manager skills. His very first major Texans decision was to hire David Culley. He only did that after already hiring all of Culley's assistant coaches. So there you go and we are off and running. From the get go it looked like the another Belichick administrative assistant just did not know or understand how to be a manager. I was still thinking that maybe, just maybe Bill O'Brien and Jack Easterby could still be right about this guy Nick Caserio they had so strongly recommended and demanded Cal McNair hire.

Since then Nick has earned every single criticism I have given him. Although twice I applauded Nick Caserio decisions. The first when he traded Roby, although he did get short changed on that trade as well. (started seeing a pattern here) The other is when he didn't trade DW4 before the trade dead line. I knew there would be more suitors and said there would be 1 owner/GM who could not resist the temptation. What I didn't know (but I kind of did) is that Nick didn't know how to play the game very well. A mental midget could have negotiated (3) 1st RD picks. What came after would take someone who knew what they doing to achieve the best outcome. That was not the case.

Now, have you taken into consideration that you are a homer, you drink a lot of Kool Aid, and that in your mind, Nick Caserio can do no wrong. You have an unabashed crush on Nick Caserio. Let's review objectively the how's and the why's Nick Caserio has earned so many criticisms in a such a short time. Should we start with the Culley hire?

Caserio FUBARS Extraordinaire:

1/7 - Texans hire Nick Caserio.
Jan thru Apr Caserio refuses to take calls from any teams about Deshaun Watson. A GMs job is to take calls, not ignore them.

1/27 - Caserio hires David Culley, the first HC opening, the last HC hire. Caserio's first hire is the worst HC hire in 2021. It's a also important to note that before hiring Culley, Caserio had already hired all of the assistant coaches. You don't see anything wrong with this picture?

3/2 - Resigns David Johnson to a $6MM contract (makes absolutely no sense)

3/11 - Caserio restructures Cooks contract. borrows $2.5MM from 2022, 2023, 2024 ($7.5MM). Restructure also cancels last year of contract. Cooks contract now expires after 2022 season.

3/20 -Caserio restructures Tunsil contract. By borrowing $10MM from future caps ($5MM 2022; $5MM 2023)

3/22 - Caserio trades for Shaq Lawson restructures contract, then trades Lawson to Jets, creates $1.8MM in Dead Cap Money. This really is a bonehead move and continues to bring into question does Caserio have any idea what he is doing?

3/23 - Caserio trades draft pick for Ryan Izzo. 8/31 Caserio cuts Izzo. - wasted draft pick
Caserio trades another draft pick for Ryan Finley. 5/24 - Caserio cuts Finley - another wasted draft pick

3/24 - Caserio restructures Mercilus contract. 10/19 - Caserio cuts Mercilus creating $7MM dead cap in 2022. Chalk up another bone head move.

3/30 - Caserio restructures Cunningham 4 year contract. Borrows $5.6MM from 2022, 2023, 2024. 12/8 - Nick cuts Cunningham. And the bone headed moves just keep on coming. Caserio at this point has clearly establish that he does not know what he's doing. He's flying by the seat of his pants and has no idea with this plane is flying.

4/29 - NFL Draft. Caserio uses (8) 2021 draft picks and (2) 2022 draft picks to draft (5) players. Don't forget Nick has already used 2 other draft picks on players he has cut. That's 12 draft picks to add 5 players to roster. There is no other way to explain this other than it is terrible management.

7/26 - Caserio trades for Anthony Miller. 10/6 - Caserio cuts Miller - another wasted draft pick. (Man, I sure do wish the Texans had that pick #148 today. Lots of good players still available at #148).

9/9 - Caserio trades Roby to Saints, restructuring contract to include eating $8.9MM in salary ($4.8MM in 2022). Value of 2nd rd pick, only gets a 3rd rd pick. Pick #49 looks a whole lot better than pick #80.

Nick Caserio created over $37MM in 2021 dead cap money. As a result Caserio had to restructure (5) contracts to create over $35MM in order to sign a bunch of over the hill 30 year olds to 1 year contracts in order to fill the roster.

Today Caserio is responsible for $51MM in reduction of 2022 salary cap thru dead cap he created. He started 2021 with $0 dead cap money in 2022, now has over $50MM.

Texans only had 27 players under contract in 2022, that's 10 players less than the avg team.

This is a mess, a clown show, a dumpster fire, absence of intelligent thought, lacking common sense and logic. An exercise in buffoonery, Tom Foolery, menopause brain, lacking in basic skills in accounting and economics.

Texans started 2021 season with 54 contracts and $6MM OVER the cap.

If Nick Caserio had made the following moves (below) they would've been $48MM UNDER the cap. That's $48 MILLION UNDER THE CAP. They would not of had to resort to mortgaging the future to the tune of OVER $35MM in contract restructuring, $37MM in Dead Cap in 2021 and would've added a 2nd rd draft pick. - TOTAL FISCAL IRRESPONSIBILITY
B. McKinneyRelease$7.00m
D. JohnsonRelease$6.90m
Z. FultonRelease$3.00m
Du. JohnsonRelease$5.15m
B. DunnRelease$3.25m
B. CooksTrade$12.00m
J. WattRelease$17.50m
Total Saved$54.80m

This is how 2022 started:

After hearing the Dolphins fired Flores, Caserio immediately fired Culley with eyes on hiring Flores. Since McDaniels had no interest in the Texans (I wonder why) Nick was going to hire the ex-Patriot Flores. I'm still not sure how Mark Davis was able to hire Josh McDaniels and Nick Caserio could not even get an interview? Can you help me out here @steelbtexan?

Oops, Flores files a lawsuit against the NFL and the Texans. No Flores for Nick or the Texans now. So after 3 interviews Caserio was ready to hire a person with no coaching experience at all as the new head coach, Josh McKown. Except now because of the lawsuit that makes hiring McKown a complete absolute PR nightmare for the Texans and the NFL. Caserio's only other option was Jonathan Gannon who withdrew after being told he could not hire is own coaching staff. At which point Nick Caserio falls down on his knees and screams like he's Zach Mayo, "I don't have nowhere else to go". At which point, Cal McNair, Cal McNair dammit, had to step in and hire Lovie Smith to finally put an end to all of this madness. Whew. That's 2 head coaching searches that turned into 2 nightmare horror stories.

and then there is the DW4 trade where Nick Caserio was able to get .70 on the dollar.

So, no I didn't wake up the day Caserio was hired and say I hate the guy. When I continually take a dump on Caserio, as you so eloquently describe it, it is because it is just like Smith Barney would describe it, every time Nick Caserio has been dumped on, he has done it the old fashion way, HE HAS EARNED IT.

In Lovie we Trust....

STAY TUNED.......DEVELOPING.......

Last edited: April 4, 2022

Last edited:
No, not at all. When they announced Caserio was the new GM, I do admit I did have an immediate concern. Thats only because history has consistently shown that all Belichick administrative assistants had never been good or successful managers. They were not adverse in most things required and needed from a manager, such as, negotiations, trading for players, fiscal money management responsibility, player contracts, human resources. Belichick never wanted them acting in those capacities. Their job responsibilities were pretty much limited to player evaluations. And Bob Kraft was very clear in saying that in the last decade the Patriots acquisitions of player personnel had been disappointing and PFF graded Caserio's last five Patriot drafts as the worst in the league. That's just for starters. That was square one.

Once Caserio arrived in Houston I really had no bias only the use of past history to guide me. My question at the time was this going to be another Scott Pioli FUBAR of the Kansas City Chiefs. Therefore, moving forward, it didn't take long to get an early answer and understanding, Nick Caserio's very first major Texans decision was to hire David Culley. So we are off and running and from the get go it looked like the another Belichick administrative assistant did not know how to be a manager. I was still thinking that maybe, just maybe Bill O'Brien and Jack Easterby could still be right about this guy Nick Caserio they had so strongly recommended.

Since then Nick has earned every single criticism I have given him. Although twice I applauded Nick Caserio decisions. The first when he traded Roby, Although he did get short changed on that trade as well. (started to see a pattern here) The other is when he didn't trade DW4 before the trade dead line. I knew there would be more suitors and said there would be 1 owner/GM who could not resist the temptation. What I didn't know (but I kind of did) is that Nick didn't know how to play the game well. A mental midget could have negotiated (3) 1st RD picks. What came after would take someone who knew what they doing to achieve the best outcome. That was not the case.

Now, have you taken into consideration that you are a homer, you drink a lot of Kool Aid, and that in your mind, Nick Caserio can do wrong and you have an unabashed crush on Nick Caserio? Let's review objectively the how and why's Caserio has earned so many criticisms in a such a short time. Should we start with the Culley hire?

Caserio FUBARS Extraordinaire:

1/7 - Texans hire Nick Caserio.
Jan thru Apr Caserio refuses to take calls from any teams about Deshaun Watson. A GMs job is to take calls, not ignore them.

1/27 - Caserio hires David Culley, first HC opening, last HC hire. Caserio's first hire is the worst HC hire in 2021. It's a also important to note that before hiring Culley, Caserio had already hired all of the assistant coaches. You don't see anything wrong with this picture?

3/2 - Resigns David Johnson to a $6MM contract (makes absolutely no sense)

3/11 - Caserio restructures Cooks contract. borrows $2.5MM from 2022, 2023, 2024 ($7.5MM). Restructure also cancels last year of contract. Cooks contract now expires after 2022 season.

3/20 -Caserio restructures Tunsil contract. By borrowing $10MM from future caps ($5MM 2022; $5MM 2023)

3/22 - Caserio trades for Shaq Lawson restructures contract, then trades Lawson to Jets, creates $1.8MM in Dead Cap Money. This really is a bonehead move and continues to bring into question does Caserio have any idea what he is doing?

3/23 - Caserio trades draft pick for Ryan Izzo. 8/31 Caserio cuts Izzo. - wasted draft pick
Caserio trades another draft pick for Ryan Finley. 5/24 - Caserio cuts Finley - another wasted draft pick

3/24 - Caserio restructures Mercilus contract. 10/19 - Caserio cuts Mercilus creating $7MM dead cap in 2022. Chalk up another bone head move.

3/30 - Caserio restructures Cunningham 4 year contract. Borrows $5.6MM from 2022, 2023, 2024. 12/8 - Nick cuts Cunningham. And the bone headed moves just keep on coming. Caserio at this point has clearly establish that he does not know what he's doing. He's flying by the seat of his pants and has no idea with this plane is flying.

4/29 - NFL Draft. Caserio uses (8) 2021 draft picks and (2) 2022 draft picks to draft (5) players. Don't forget Nick has already used 2 other draft picks on players he has cut. That's 12 draft picks to add 5 players to roster.

7/26 - Caserio trades for Anthony Miller. 10/6 - Caserio cuts Miller - another wasted draft pick. (Man, I sure do wish the Texans had that pick #148 today. Lots of good players still available at #148).

9/9 - Caserio trades Roby to Saints, restructuring contract to include eating $8.9MM in salary ($4.8MM in 2022). Value of 2nd rd pick, only gets a 3rd rd pick. Pick #49 looks a whole lot better than pick #80.

Nick Caserio created over $37MM in 2021 dead cap money. As a result Caserio had to restructure (5) contracts to create over $35MM in order to sign a bunch of over the hill 30 year olds to 1 year contracts in order to fill the roster.

Today Caserio is responsible for $51MM in reduction of 2022 salary cap thru dead cap he created. He started 2021 with $0 dead cap money in 2022, now has over $50MM.

Texans only had 27 players under contract in 2022, that's 10 players less than the avg team.

This is a mess, a clown show, a dumpster fire, absence of intelligent thought, lacking common sense and logic. An exercise in buffoonery, Tom Foolery, menopause brain, lacking in basic skills in accounting and economics.

Texans started 2021 season with 54 contracts and $6MM OVER the cap.

If Nick Caserio had made the following moves (below) they would've been $48MM UNDER the cap. That's $48 MILLION UNDER THE CAP. They would not of had to resort to mortgaging the future to the tune of OVER $35MM in contract restructuring, $37MM in Dead Cap in 2021 and would've added a 2nd rd draft pick. - TOTAL FISCAL IRRESPONSIBILITY
B. McKinneyRelease$7.00m
D. JohnsonRelease$6.90m
Z. FultonRelease$3.00m
Du. JohnsonRelease$5.15m
B. DunnRelease$3.25m
B. CooksTrade$12.00m
J. WattRelease$17.50m
Total Saved$54.80m
This is how 2022 started:

After hearing the Dolphins fired Flores, Caserio immediately fired Culley with eyes on hiring Flores. Since McDaniels had no interest in the Texans (I wonder why) Nick was going to hire the ex-Patriot Flores. I'm still not sure how Mark Davis was able to hire Josh McDaniels and Nick Caserio could not even get an interview? Can you help me out here @steelbtexan?

Oops, Flores files a lawsuit against the NFL and the Texans. No Flores for Nick or the Texans now. So after 3 interviews Caserio was ready to hire a person with no coaching experience at all as the new head coach, Josh McKown. Except now because of the lawsuit that makes hiring MCKown a complete absolute PR nightmare for the Texans and the NFL. Caserio's only the other option was Jonathan Gannon who withdrew after being told he could not hire is own coaching staff. At which point Nick Caserio falls down on his knees and screams like he's Zach Mayo, "I have nowhere else to go". At which point, Cal McNair, Cal McNair dammit, had to step in and hire Lovie Smith to finally put an end to all of this madness. Whew. That's 2 head coaching searches that turned into 2 nightmare horror stories.

and then there is the DW4 trade where Nick Caserio was able to get .70 on the dollar.

So, no I didn't wake up the day Caserio was hired and say I hate the guy. When I continually take a dump on Caserio, as you describe it, it is because it is just like Smith Barney would describe it, every time Nick Caserio has been dumped on, he has done it the old fashion way, HE HAS EARNED IT.

In Lovie we Trust....

STAY TUNED.......DEVELOPING.......

Last edited: April 4, 2022
I definitely don't agree with Texians list of errors, but I will vouch that when Caserio was hired he was more optimistic than he is now.

He expressed concerns that Caserio would adopt the same errors we've seen othe Belichick disciples adopt which led to their downfall.

I acknowledge the argument can be made that Caserio has done exactly that albeit in his own way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back