Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TIME TO RELEASE THE STORY BEHIND THE "MULUGHETA EFFECT" ON THE WATSON/TEXANS RELATIONSHIP..............AND MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to tell y'all who he was for a long time now.

Now in addition to him being a selfish/Sexual Predator, you can also add racist to his resume.

While some of the issues between Watson & the Texans were about race .... he's just a pawn in Mulugheta's game. He's the one who puts race front and center.

He's the #8 sports agent in the world in terms of contract dollars. He has no white clients and that's by design so he can claim racism when reality is that he declines to represent them.

Mulugheta is the one who comes up with these "demands" on teams ....

Will the Texans deal with Mulughetta clients again? The guy is going to blow up after this trade.

From what I've heard the Texans will avoid dealing with him if at all possible and that several other teams are very unhappy with the way he conducts business. Owners and the league in general weren't all that thrilled with how he handled the Jalen Ramsey situation .... now this is even worse.

What's going to happen here is Mulugheta's top clients will get their contracts / money but the rest of them will be avoided and he'll have a very short client list and may eventually be blackballed entirely.

I deal with facts my friend. I will never question CND on medical information,because thats his field,but accusations without any sources, miss me with that. I actaully called Pat Kirwin and asked him about the Flores agent thing CND posted in another thread. Mind you he's known Flores since high school and has a relationship with him, it was false what he posted. So when you start posting stuff and I can and find out it was false, then your word will be questioned going forward. The benefit of the doubt is gone by way of facts.

Like I said, look at the actions since Derrick signed his extension.

YO guys lets get back to the sport we love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

True.

But saying that means Cal is smart. Or has a smart inner circle to advise him on that stuff. And he is smart enough to listen.

Is that where we are at?
I think Caserio came in and did the smart things in this situation.

I hope having a competent football man in the GM position now isolates the McNair’s and their spiritual advisor from feeling the need to make football decisions.

Their participation in football matters should begin and end with an appraisal of whether the GM is performing in his role and finding a suitable replacement if they don’t believe he is. GM has the same responsibility for the coaches beneath him, in my mind that’s how sports teams should operate.

Hopefully we are back to something approaching that setup now.

True.

But saying that means Cal is smart. Or has a smart inner circle to advise him on that stuff. And he is smart enough to listen.

Is that where we are at?

if Cal knows anything he knows liability, coercion and power. Not saying he exercises power and coercion but being a billionaire he lives in that swamp. Of course he has a smart inner circle and that inner circle no doubt helped guide Nick through that trade of DW. Well done. Professional and without media finger pointing. Time to move on and enjoy watching this team move forward.

If someone other than Bill O’Brien had been handling the Watson contract and Watson/Mulgheta asked for a No-Trade-Clause, Black Everything from the FO to Coaches, and if Cal didn’t like it….then they had a black ownership group ready to pounce, when they finally forced Cal to sell the Texans.

Oh hell, I’m going to put on my GM hat and say…..let me interrupt the both of you right there in the middle of your obvious acid trip and advise the two of you to get your arses up off my couches and run for the door b/c if I catch you, I’m going to put my foot upside your arses (dammit Deshaun, I said upside….not inside…pull your pants up). Also, on the way out grab your shite and I’ll have you on the first plane, train, or automobile out of Houston. Oh, and it will be to the first team that meets my asking price or I decide to send you to….remember, you don’t have that NTC yet. Hope you enjoy Detroit (damm-it…did that slip out) b/c I’m taking just about anything they offer, don’t forget to dress warm. I’ll send you Andre Ware’s number if you have any questions.

Last edited:
I don't know if what CND posted is true or false and I don't give a ****. I care as much about Watson's career going forward as I do Mercilus or Reid. I don't care what they think about the Texans or it's fans. I don't care what motivates them to do the things they do. They're gone and that's good enough for me.

I deal with facts my friend. I will never question CND on medical information,because thats his field,but accusations without any sources, miss me with that. I actaully called Pat Kirwin and asked him about the Flores agent thing CND posted in another thread. Mind you he's known Flores since high school and has a relationship with him, it was false what he posted. So when you start posting stuff and I can and find out it was false, then your word will be questioned going forward. The benefit of the doubt is gone by way of facts.

Exactly which part of what CND said is false?
If Kerwins source is supposedly Flores, I'm assuming that the only part he would have any knowledge of would be the part about Watson wanting to go to South Beach?

Even then, Watson and Mulugheta might have been planning a move to South Beach without Flores having any knowledge.

You need to clarify exactly which part Kirwin is supposedly refuting and why.
Kirwin's friendship with Flores doesn't automatically mean he has access to Watson's demands to the Texans

Last edited:
If Kerwins source is supposedly Flores, I'm assuming that the only part he would have any knowledge of would be the part about Watson wanting to go to South Beach?

Even then, Watson and Mulugheta might have been planning a move to South Beach without Flores having any knowledge.

Kirwin's friendship with Flores doesn't automatically mean he has access to Watson's demands to the Texans
I've stated what is false information when it was posted in the Flores thread.

I see you missed it. In another thread, he stated Flores fired his agent and hired athletes 1st. He stated its not in the internet. I found that very odd that you couldn't find out the agent of a coach that his little birdie knew. I stated that his I don't believe his birdie because I know someone who knows him that used to be a gm in nfl. Crickets. So then this speculative thread is posted about Watson wanted everything black and named a non black dude as black, not minority. So I questioned that and people are speaking about how credible of a poster on here. I agree, especially when it comes to medical stuff,but some of the sources are reaches and speculation

Deshawn playing Alice in Wonderland

the hole just gets deeper and crazier every step of the way

Wager McNairs never imagined something like this could ever happen, certainly not to them.

Begs the question, who is entitled to own, a major sport franchise?

I see you missed it. In another thread, he stated Flores fired his agent and hired athletes 1st. He stated its not in the internet. I found that very odd that you couldn't find out the agent of a coach that his little birdie knew. I stated that his I don't believe his birdie because I know someone who knows him that used to be a gm in nfl. Crickets. So then this speculative thread is posted about Watson wanted everything black and named a non black dude as black, not minority. So I questioned that and people are speaking about how credible of a poster on here. I agree, especially when it comes to medical stuff,but some of the sources are reaches and speculation

I get it. But on my end, both you and Doc are posting things that I haven't seen verified. So my personal stance is to take neither posts at full face value, but to consider bother of them in the process of trying to form a complete picture in my mind.

I can't take either of your posts as gospel, because they're not confirmed. But that doesn't mean that I'm disbelieving either of you. Just taking in what both of you say to form a picture that makes sense to me.
That picture is incomplete at this time

I get it. But on my end, both you and Doc are posting things that I haven't seen verified. So my personal stance is to take neither posts at full face value, but to consider bother of them in the process of trying to form a complete picture in my mind.

I can't take either of your posts as gospel, because they're not confirmed. But that doesn't mean that I'm disbelieving either of you. Just taking in what both of you say to form a picture that makes sense to me.
That picture is incomplete at this time

I think time will definitely tell the tale on this one.
If Watson and Mulugheta have an agenda as Doc describes, it should become apparent, assuming the Browns grant the demands/requests.

The story begins on Sept 5, 2020 after Watson got his first blockbuster contract. Watson cried at his post-contract presser because he was supposedly so overcome by the "generous" offer., He included his entire family in the "show." And a "show" is exactly what it was.

Shortly after Watson's 1st big contract, Watson and Mulugheta demanded the following:

1. All black QB room
2. Black HC
3. All black OC and DC
4. All black GM and high executive staff
5. Any release of previously employed executives and coaching staff would be followed with a black replacement.

Korn Ferry was hired Oct 13, 2020 for the Texans GM search.

Had the franchise followed the recommendation of the search firm Korn Ferry, the franchise would have hired Steelers VP of football and business administration Omar Kahn as their next general manager. Monday Night Football analyst Louis Riddick
was another of Korn Ferry's finalists. Both black.

Cal, fed up with the demands, fired back his answer by turning down Korn-Ferry's recommendations and by hiring Caserio on Jan 18, 2021.

Once that happened, Watson and Mulugheta were furious and stated that Watson was done in Houston........... unless one final demand was met................Cal would have to sell the Houston Texans.............to a black owner only.

Unbeknownst to virtually anyone, Watson and Mulugetta had already put in place a group fronted by Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter to buy the Texans. If this name does not immediately raise familiarity, maybe the Houston-born famous singer Beyoncé will ring a bell.

Watson and mulugheta knew that if Cal would not agree to the sale of the team, it would make a perfect scenario for watson getting his always planned destination of choice............South Beach.

Of course, Cal told both in no uncertain terms that a sale of the Houston Texans was never going to happen.

Watson and Mulugheta, fully anticipating that Cal would never agree to sell the team, then told Cal that Watson had played his last game in Houston, and on Jan 28, 2021 demanded a trade.

I'm not certain this is fact but I don't doubt for a moment that you believe it to be true. Never seen you post anything that you didn't believe and your accuracy "rating" would have to be considered very high. These are amazing allegations and if there is enough to them to convince you to post this then I'm sure these will be statements that reach the media at some point. Then it's just a matter of what they can or will report/confirm. I look forward to the next few weeks of Texans news!

At the time when all of this blew up (around when Caserio was hired) I remember thinking that for a player being told he would have "input" into the hiring of the next HC and GM Watson seemed to be going all-in with the "outrage" over not being given enough deference. I just thought "What player gets to pick his HC and GM? Who does this guy think he is?" He was overreacting like crazy IMO. This fits the narrative you've laid out. At least it does to me.

i recall posts that suggested Tim Kelly was re-signed specifically as an appeasement to DW4...unless TK is "passing", color me confused

Don't forget. Watson went on national TV to profess his love and support for Bill O'Brien. Unless you consider having a butt chin makes you a minority, wouldn't meet the HC criteria.

I don't visit other team forums or have inside sources or keep up with all of the inner workings of NFL teams. However, from a business standpoint and what little I know of the inner workings of the NFL, the things that are posted on this forum paints a picture of an NFL team with dysfunction and drama that are unprecedented and even historical in team sports history.

Supposedly, we have players' mothers getting involved and orchestrating trades. We have character coaches negotiating contracts and getting involved in personnel. Now we have agents and players demanding minorities at every level of the organization and even wanting a black owner? Hell, can anyone even name a black billionaire complaining about not being able to buy an NFL team? Exactly who would Cal even sell the team to?

BTW. If Mulugeta is this puppet master on the verge of starting a race war among NFL teams and their fans, why just the Texans? Shouldn't there be other reports about his outrageous demands from other teams? Why just the Texans and this information only on TT?

Last edited:
I don't visit other team forums or have inside sources or keep up with all of the inner workings of NFL teams. However, from a business standpoint and what little I know of the inner workings of the NFL, the things that are posted on this forum paints a picture of an NFL team with dysfunction and drama that are unprecedented and even historical in team sports history.

Supposedly, we have players' mothers getting involved and orchestrating trades. We have character coaches negotiating contracts and getting involved in personnel. Now we have agents and players demanding minorities at every level of the organization and even wanting a black owner? Hell, can anyone even name a black billionaire complaining about not being able to buy an NFL team? Exactly who would Cal even sell the team to?

BTW. If Mulugeta is this puppet master on the verge of starting a racial war among NFL teams and their fans, why just the Texans? Shouldn't there be other reports about his outrageous demands from other teams? Why just the Texans and this information only on TT?

I can't speak to the truth of @CloakNNNdagger reports as thats largely on how much a person believes him but I can offer a theory on this part. On an NFL team only a QB would have the kind of power needed to make crazy demands and looking at his client list Watson is the only QB of any note on there. Like I said I don't know if its true or not but his other big clients, Jalan Ramsey and Michael Thomas, one had issues with his team and faked an injury to get out and the other by all accounts is good with the Saints but he did schedule an ankle surgery at a bad time for the team and the Saints converted just under 15 million of his salary to a signing bonus. If anyone is curious here is his client list:

Its not super up to date because it still shows Watson as a Texan but its close and its interesting to look over.

BTW. If Mulugeta is this puppet master on the verge of starting a racial war among NFL teams and their fans, why just the Texans? Shouldn't there be other reports about his outrageous demands from other teams? Why just the Texans and this information only on TT?
He never had a gun as big as Watson.

We only know what we know, & see only what we see.

Brian Flores & the changes to the Rooney rule tells me somebody has been raising a ruckus somewhere.

I can't speak to the truth of @CloakNNNdagger reports as thats largely on how much a person believes him but I can offer a theory on this part. On an NFL team only a QB would have the kind of power needed to make crazy demands and looking at his client list Watson is the only QB of any note on there. Like I said I don't know if its true or not but his other big clients, Jalan Ramsey and Michael Thomas, one had issues with his team and faked an injury to get out and the other by all accounts is good with the Saints but he did schedule an ankle surgery at a bad time for the team and the Saints converted just under 15 million of his salary to a signing bonus. If anyone is curious here is his client list:

Its not super up to date because it still shows Watson as a Texan but its close and its interesting to look over.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong. But Mulugheta works for the Athlete's First agency. He is not the founder or CEO. He is not on the same level as a Scott Boras. With that in mind, wouldn't these demands reach the founder/owner/CEO of Athlete's First? Wouldn't it impact the other agents at the agency?

Based on my Jerry McGuire knowledge. Mulugheta is not even a partner. If he becomes bad for AF, wouldn't he get fired and with the standard non-compete contract not be able to take his clients? I don't get how Mulugheta can make such demands and be taken serious.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong. But Mulugheta works for the Athlete's First agency. He is not the founder or CEO. He is not on the same level as a Scott Boras. With that in mind, wouldn't these demands reach the founder/owner/CEO of Athlete's First? Wouldn't it impact the other agents at the agency?

Based on my Jerry McGuire knowledge. Mulugheta is not even a partner. If he becomes bad for AF, wouldn't he get fired and with the standard non-compete contract not be able to take his clients? I don't get how Mulugheta can make such demands and be taken serious.

He just got Cleveland to pony up an extra 80 million on top of an already huge contract AND guarantee all of it over 5 years for the first time in NFL history. I highly doubt AF is to unhappy with him or looking over his shoulder.

CnD isn't known for making stuff up.

He's as solid a member as there is on any message board I've been to when it comes to sharing accurate information. But I know I'm not going to change your mind. So I would ask you to look at Derrick's/Mulughetta's actions beginning with the day he signed his extension until the day he became a Brown and come to your own conclusions.
I'm not certain this is fact but I don't doubt for a moment that you believe it to be true. Never seen you post anything that you didn't believe and your accuracy "rating" would have to be considered very high. These are amazing allegations and if there is enough to them to convince you to post this then I'm sure these will be statements that reach the media at some point. Then it's just a matter of what they can or will report/confirm. I look forward to the next few weeks of Texans news!

At the time when all of this blew up (around when Caserio was hired) I remember thinking that for a player being told he would have "input" into the hiring of the next HC and GM Watson seemed to be going all-in with the "outrage" over not being given enough deference. I just thought "What player gets to pick his HC and GM? Who does this guy think he is?" He was overreacting like crazy IMO. This fits the narrative you've laid out. At least it does to me.

I understand that because this information is not verified, there should be some level of skepticism of any unverified report on this board or on the internet or media in general. Having said that, I have no reason to doubt that CnD's post is most likely, mostly true. Watson wanted to secure the bag (his big contract with NTC) first. Without this part of his plan, there is no leverage. I think he wanted out and sold this teammates, fans and the franchise itself, down the river after the Chiefs playoffs game for his own personal gain. He never cared about anyone but himself...not even his teammates. Which to me is crazy, because those guys literally sacrifice their bodies for you. I think he knew BoB couldn't get them over the top or be successful in big games BUT he knew he could manipulate BoB and get whatever he wants because BoB was arguably the worst GM in NFL history. Also, all of BoB's coaching flaws would be exposed if Watson wasn't covering them up with his sandlot style of play. Why throw BoB under the bus when you're so close to getting a big contract and have to negotiate with an unknown commodity? So he gave him repeated, unconditional votes of confidence, so he could get his contract. BoB keeps his job and his (Watson's) team steamrolled BoB in contract negotiations.

BoB gets fired and he can't manipulate the coach and GM anymore, so he makes crazy demands that he knows the ownership won't be on board with to get to where he wants to go: Miami. I think Watson and his team thought that Cal and the braintrust of the Texans would trade him or maybe they would fold to his demands? Maybe they thought this because Old Man McNair got in hot water over his "inmates" comment? Maybe they thought they could paint the Texans as a team that has an institutional racism issue because of their alleged history? This makes the Lovie Smith/Pep Hamilton hirings (and retaining them) make more sense. They needed some real football minds/coaches in the building to keep the wheels on and make some of the players buy in while they took out the trash. If CnD's version of events in true, imagine if the Watson camp leaked some of this stuff and they had some white, inexperienced HC running the team? They would have an absolute nightmare situation from an optics standpoint. Now, the Texans hold the cards because they have a respected, experienced black HC, and half of the 20 coaches listed on the coaching roster are black. Kinda hard to paint them that way, whether they are or they aren't.

I think CnD's storyline makes perfectly good sense, now knowing that Watson only cares about money and himself. The only thing that doesn't make any sense is the Tim Kelly being left on the staff. Maybe they hired Culley and just filled out a staff, kept TK on the staff because he was under contract and they knew wholesale changes were coming and didn't know if this was going to blowup into unprecedented nuclear situation. They couldn't move forward on the rebuild until Watson was officially gone.

Let's hope karma is a *****.

And @leebigeztx...have you considered that maybe they didn't want to tell you the truth because it opens them up to liability or can hurt their friends or their friends' careers? Maybe they couldn't tell you? I'm not saying they lied to you, but sometimes you can't tell someone the truth because it will have too much collateral damage? I do appreciate your input and I'm not saying you're lying or trying to make up a false narrative.

PS - It feels so gross to have to address the races of coaches, players and staff when it comes to building or maintaining a football team. It's relevant to this thread, but it's always cringe inducing. Should be a results based business. Ok, I'm off my soapbox.

ConfusingTimes.jpg
These are confusing times....

I’m still confused after reading all these posts. Is all of this based on CnD’s opinion only? NFL Media isn’t reporting it. I’m taking it as just his opinion/conspiracy theory which is OK but it seems there is enough stress about these parts these days.

I mean...

When you put it that way...

I think Caserio came in and did the smart things in this situation.

I hope having a competent football man in the GM position now isolates the McNair’s and their spiritual advisor from feeling the need to make football decisions.

Their participation in football matters should begin and end with an appraisal of whether the GM is performing in his role and finding a suitable replacement if they don’t believe he is. GM has the same responsibility for the coaches beneath him, in my mind that’s how sports teams should operate.

Hopefully we are back to something approaching that setup now.

if Cal knows anything he knows liability, coercion and power. Not saying he exercises power and coercion but being a billionaire he lives in that swamp. Of course he has a smart inner circle and that inner circle no doubt helped guide Nick through that trade of DW. Well done. Professional and without media finger pointing. Time to move on and enjoy watching this team move forward.

Not to hijack the thread but:

I think this is a little redemption for Cal. He made a horrible letting OB be GM and whatever power he gave to Easterby as well. Maybe he still was grieving over his father or was really busy with a new video game? Either way it set the franchise back.

Cal then had to focus and put down the game boy to deal with Watson’s demands. And we did hear rumbles of how Watson wanted say in GM and the HC hirings. And we did hear about how it was angled to more minority based.

Cal eventually got fed up with it and hired who he wanted to hire. To hell with everything else.

Then he let Caserio go to work with hiring a HC and working the Watson trade.

The HC lasted a year and then Cal was getting sued for discrimination. He pulled the reins on Caserio and promoted Lovie. Cal wanted no part in the lawsuit. Especially because the Texans have been good practicers of diversity.

Caserio then completed the trade.

There actually were three pivotal points that Cal and his team navigated quite well. Hiring the GM. Handing Watson’s demands and trade. Then hiring Lovie to avoid the Flores lawsuit.

I tell you when Cal puts down the Gameboy and focuses he actually starts acting like a NFL owner.

Watson is a top 5 QB that had the most recognizable profile. Could have saw it as an opportunity because the team had No GM or HC. With the right people, he could have easily taken over the Texans and leverage that for his clients.

Again, Mulugheta is the #8 sports agent in the world in terms of contract dollars - closing 1.65Billion in contracts - prior to Watson's new deal. That monster contract has likely moved him up the ladder a rung or two.

He makes Athletes First a truckload of $$$.

Again, Mulugheta is the #8 sports agent in the world in terms of contract dollars - closing 1.65Billion in contracts - prior to Watson's new deal. That monster contract has likely moved him up the ladder a rung or two.

He makes Athletes First a truckload of $$$.

And his star is still on the rise. After negotiating Watson out of a bad franchise and getting him paid again, despite Watson having serious character concerns, he will be drawing in more premium talent.

I dont agree with his methodology, but its effective.

Doc had been sitting on this story for several weeks while working to verify thru sources close to the situation.

Verification came from two different individuals, one about as close to the top of Texans brass as there is.
CnD is very coy about this. if True wow. But I’m still going to try to figure out what his grand finale will be on April Fool’s day.

And his star is still on the rise. After negotiating Watson out of a bad franchise and getting him paid again, despite Watson having serious character concerns, he will be drawing in more premium talent.

I dont agree with his methodology, but its effective.

I can’t help but be amused that I now live in a world where negotiating a client out of the Houston Texans and into the Cleveland Browns is considered having done a good job.

I feel like Gomez Addams. “HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD?”

Doc had been sitting on this story for several weeks while working to verify thru sources close to the situation.

Verification came from two different individuals, one about as close to the top of Texans brass as there is.
Help me out because this is so far out of my common sense range. First anyone knowing this info dwells in a very small circle so why would they leak something that could easily be traced back to them and even set them up with legal issues or being released from their position? Second why would they leak this to someone involved on a Texans MB and if they didn’t know he was posting here why would CnD expose his confidants to subject them to my first question? This is dangerous ground coming from my corporate experiences.

Help me out because this is so far out of my common sense range. First anyone knowing this info dwells in a very small circle so why would they leak something that could easily be traced back to them and even set them up with legal issues or being released from their position? Second why would they leak this to someone involved on a Texans MB and if they didn’t know he was posting here why would CnD expose his confidants to subject them to my first question? This is dangerous ground coming from my corporate experiences.

I'm guessing someone wants it to quietly get out to the public. Someone at the very top

You are correct, but the Texans brass/organization are the people that would have to sue or reprimand the people that leaked the info and as @michaelm pointed out, they probably want the story to leak now that it's over. If they want the story leaked, they aren't suing anyone.

I'm guessing someone wants it to quietly get out to the public. Someone at the very top

Yep. The media narrative for 14 months has been poor little Deshaun was promised by evil overlord Cal McNair that his voice would be heard. That's all poor little Deshaun wanted was to be heard.

The Texans have never released anything to refute it, so the Watson sycophants have continued to regurgitate this narrative to the point that it is now accepted as truth, despite the fact that it was never corroborated by either side and the first time it was ever addressed by Watson was last Friday during the Cleveland funeral home press conference.

There is always three sides to "truth", so I've been wary of the narrative all along. Watson pouting out just a few months after signing a $160 million contract without any sort of context has always been a puzzle that never made much sense. But I don't trust the Easterby-loving billionaires or the sketchy-private-life QB, so I've just been skeptical and jaded about all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back