Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Rise of Hannah

amazing80

Hall of Fame
I suspected Hannah was a strong voice with the Texans before this article came out and said as much. You never see Cal without Hannah. In my mind, Hannah wears the pants in the family. It's clear Cal needs a hand holder. The evidence shows Cal is not a decision-maker or a leader. He needs someone to help him do those chores.

I don't see Hannah as a positive. On the contrary, I see Hannah as another Jack Easterby on steroids.
Aren’t you the same guy obsessed with Blake Bortles?

Khelar

Rookie
Don’t know much of anything about her but just listened to most of the 610 interview and came away with the impression that Hannah seems much sharper than Cal. Idk if she makes better decisions organizationally than him but that’s what I came away with

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
i disagree. She’s been around for years sitting next to Cal in the suites…..but for her not saying anything at the PC, Gallant ain’t tweeting about her and we don’t have this thread right now.
Hannah came into the picture when she PM’d a person who was in a group holding up a sign saying Cal should sell the sell the team. I started commenting on her then.

Then I really started to take notice when when I heard she was the only one on the plane to visit with Gannon.

Next Lovie was sure to thank Hannah in his press conference when he became coach.

Plus Hannah was part of Lovie’s exit meeting with Cal.

This was going back the last 12 or so months. I wasn’t the only one. Others including @Texian started to notice too.

The local media took strong notice when Caserio said more than once that the team owners “Cal and Hannah” make the final decision.

Cal and Hannah don’t own the team. Janice does. And I bet there is a pre-nup that Hannah doesn’t get a part of Cal’s ownership if they divorce or he does. Plus there is another brother who has ownership too. Yet - the GM refers to the owners as Cal and Hannah? Hmmm.

So this isn’t about her or women saying something. This about it all finally coming together and being very evident in the open.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Was able to listen for a few minutes. I was impressed with her football knowledge and she seemed as down to earth as a billionaire wife can be. Cal seemed more relaxed. I’m just glad they’re aiming high for a head coach this time.
Would you say that makes you more optimistic in the direction ownership can take this team?

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Would you say that makes you more optimistic in the direction ownership can take this team?
I would say the proof is in the pudding.

But I can see when they were going through the possible coaching hires and Payton's name came up. Someone might have said, "We can't get Payton". And Hannah's retort could have been, "Why can't we get Payton?" Seems like a glass half full kind of gal.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
So I haven’t been in the loop regarding the whole Hannah thing….but I just caught up reading through this thread..

Based on listening to this interview I don’t see how anyone could deny that she is involved in Football operations.

She’s definitely HEAVILY involved in the football operations over there. Ain’t no way anyone can deny that now.
Yeah, there is no doubt now. For better or for worse, the Meddling Owners Club has officially admitted a new member.

Hopefully it's a blind squirrel luck situation, because none of these people have football backgrounds.

I've come to the conclusion that the McNairs are just classier versions of Bud Adams. Same dumb decisions and same expected results, tho'.

xtruroyaltyx

Hall of Fame
Yeah, there is no doubt now. For better or for worse, the Meddling Owners Club has officially admitted a new member.

Hopefully it's a blind squirrel luck situation, because none of these people have football backgrounds.

I've come to the conclusion that the McNairs are just classier versions of Bud Adams. Same dumb decisions and same expected results, tho'.

Hey I thought she sounded on point

But like Lucky said, the proof will be in the pudding.

Mangler

Toro de España
Any of you guys tune in to 610 earlier today? Cal actually seems like a cool down to earth dude. I like how he pretty much admitted that public speaking is not his thing (Not that we didn’t already know that) and how he didn’t give any non answers.

Hannah is a straight shooter. She too didn’t give any bs responses, and I loved when she took it upon herself to address the woke talking heads that claim the “Texans are racist.” I’ll try to see if I can post the whole thing here for those that didn’t get a chance to listen to it live.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Let them divide the criticism up 3 ways (im including nc.) Cal clearly hates being on camera/speaking ,and I find her likable and refreshing. It gives new light to ownership and they're rebranding. I hope she's just as blunt in the decision making as she is in pressers / interviews.

I'm on board with her. No bs.

Last edited:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I'm basing it on recent events and things I've heard. When she walked in before the presser started Monday, she seemed to have a smug, I'm in control, look on her face. When Paul Gallant asked Caserio who would have final say in the HC hire, Hannah turned around and jokingly said to Paul, " I can answer that.". After Caserio said that the owners, Cal and Hannah, would make the final decision, she turned back to Paul Gallant, and said "That's what I would have told you." This is coming from Paul Gallant. It's little things like that, that are telling me that she is taking more control.
Think about how in charge Hannah is now. She felt so empowered as to interrupt a press conference to interject herself into trying to massage the narrative.

How much do you think Hannah knows about pro football? She wouldn’t know what Duo was if it jumped up and bit her in the face. Texans fans is seem to be so screwed right now. You’re really into a situation where McNair’s selling the team seems to be the only hope. Nick won’t quit, but how enthusiastic is he about coming to work having CalHannah over his shoulder? First qualified GM the org has ever had and they’re running him off.

There was a story about a fan who had a FIRE JACK sign at NRG… it was Hannah who from across the way blew a fuse and called security. Hell hath no fury like a womanwhodoesntknowshitaboutfootball.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
She didnt say anything that we as fans on the outside didn’t already know & that they didnt already tell us so i would pump the brakes a little on her DEEP involvement in the football ops. But its clear she DOES clearly have a say to some extent in how things go.

Given DW4’s alleged atrocities against women, the Texans org itself getting sued for the same thing AND possibly something that happened with women involving Brian Gaine (b/c we still don’t know WHY he was fired) Along with Palcic’s dismissal……..
her background that’s known…holding numerous board & council seats for children’s charity and women’s organizations….including the Chief committee member of the lady Texans………yeah that’s a real thing…i think its clear what the extent of her involvement will be in football ops…It’ll be more related to her being a representative of the female fans in the process of bringing folks in…as well as Cal’s public speaker caretaker. Yes The cancel culture has reached the Texans FO & her involvement in things will ensure that the women “get a say” in who is brought in or kept around……which is even more proof in NC’s favor & explains how 2 60 plus year old non threatening “nice guys” got brought in for HC over younger, more qualified hot-name candidates…

So IOW’s, Anyone who still had hope Eric Bienemy would be brought in for the HC position can forget it. His background with women a Colorado ensures Hannah and crew would never approve of him.

Last edited:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Think about how in charge Hannah is now. She felt so empowered as to interrupt a press conference to interject herself into trying to massage the narrative.

How much do you think Hannah knows about pro football? She wouldn’t know what Duo was if it jumped up and bit her in the face. Texans fans is seem to be so screwed right now. You’re really into a situation where McNair’s selling the team seems to be the only hope. Nick won’t quit, but how enthusiastic is he about coming to work having CalHannah over his shoulder? First qualified GM the org has ever had and they’re running him off.

There was a story about a fan who had a FIRE JACK sign at NRG… it was Hannah who from across the way blew a fuse and called security. Hell hath no fury like a womanwhodoesntknowshitaboutfootball.
smdh

KarlK

Waterboy
I think Cal is going to be a better owner from here on out. I think Hannah is taking a more prominent role, and is directing things behind the scenes. She seems to be the one that is more plugged in, and has quietly become the real power at the top.
lol…..no basis whatsoever for you to “think” Cal, starting now, is just suddenly and magically going to be a better owner.

Listen to yourself: what successful franchise anywhere has the owners wife, who’s only stake in the franchise is via marriage and which would completely disappear if there were a divorce, actually call shots over her husband? And you tout this as a good thing? Good lord.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
lol…..no basis whatsoever for you to “think” Cal, starting now, is just suddenly and magically going to be a better owner.

Listen to yourself: what successful franchise anywhere has the owners wife, who’s only stake in the franchise is via marriage and which would completely disappear if there were a divorce, actually call shots over her husband? And you tout this as a good thing? Good lord.
Just her keeping the snake oil salesmen away makes Cal a better owner

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
No matter what this thread suggests.

I'm always suspicious of people whose name is the same backwards as forwards.

View attachment 11453

Palindromes.... they are everywhere.
Like racecar! :rally:

Just her keeping the snake oil salesmen away makes Cal a better owner
This. :this:

What I'm hoping for is less meddling and more of a "I've got your back" attitude to be a clear voice of reason when Cal starts being mesmerized by someone that uses big words and platitudes. He's a sucker for big words and platitudes apparently.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Texans coaching search: Hannah McNair sits in on interviews (usatoday.com)

“In the end, it’s going to be my recommendation to ownership, and then ownership, our dialogue with each other, and then ultimately Cal and Hannah own the team,” said Caserio. “I’m going to be respectful of their wishes. I think we’re going to be respectful of each other’s perspective and wishes, and ultimately we’re going to do what we feel is in the best interest of the Houston Texans organization. In the end, I think the owner has the trump card. For me to think otherwise, that’s probably rude of me, but that’s just the reality of it.”

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Texans coaching search: Hannah McNair sits in on interviews (usatoday.com)

“In the end, it’s going to be my recommendation to ownership, and then ownership, our dialogue with each other, and then ultimately Cal and Hannah own the team,” said Caserio. “I’m going to be respectful of their wishes. I think we’re going to be respectful of each other’s perspective and wishes, and ultimately we’re going to do what we feel is in the best interest of the Houston Texans organization. In the end, I think the owner has the trump card. For me to think otherwise, that’s probably rude of me, but that’s just the reality of it.”
Yep,

Caserio says keep on depositing those checks into my account. I will take the heat and if you fail and make me the scapegoat it's ok as long as those checks keep cashing.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Yep,

Caserio says keep on depositing those checks into my account. I will take the heat and if you fail and make me the scapegoat it's ok as long as those checks keep cashing.
That's why he needs to be let go. Like Casserly in 2006, after the draft when a new GM can become available. It's pretty clear ownership doesn't believe in him.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
That's why he needs to be let go. Like Casserly in 2006, after the draft when a new GM can become available. It's pretty clear ownership doesn't believe in him.
Janice/Cletus never even gave the man chance to hire his guy. I'm sure at this point all he cares about is the same thing Cletus cares about. MONEY, and this is also the reason why Cletus wont let Caserio go anytime soon and Caserio will smartly ride the money train out as long as he can.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
OK. As I said, they don't believe in the guy. Better to find someone they do believe in.
They wont believe in the next guy either.

There are only 2 reasons the McNair's have ever had GM's, 1. Day to day operations. 2. To take the heat when the MCNair's fail. The GM doesn't really matter. I hope they keep Caserio because I think he did a good job of drafting the players Lovie told him to draft. Just the way the McNair's wanted it. Same with RS and Kubiak.

RS took over the role after he stabbed Kubiak in the back and then BOB/Easterbunny returned the favor to RS.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Aren’t you the same guy obsessed with Blake Bortles?
Aren't you the guy who was obsessed with Manti Te'o and Louis Nix?

If the Texans had drafted Bortles they would have been much better off.

In 2015 they wouldn't have had to go thru QB hell with Hoyer and Mallett carousel while Bortles had more TD passes.

In 2016 you wouldn't of had to go through that terrible horrible awful Osweiler fiasco from which the Texans have still not recovered, saved tons of money and draft picks too, while Blake Bortles was throwing for 35 TDs.

In 2017 Bortles may have been able to get the Texans to the AFC Championship game like he did the Jags. A place the Texans are not familiar since they have never been.

Not to mention that Bortles 103 TDs were much more productive than Clowney's 32 sacks.

They wouldn't have drafted a Sexual Pervert and become the laughing stock of the NFL. They wouldn't be in the pickle they are today.

If you and the Texans had listened to me 7 years ago, you know I could have saved you 6 years of heartache with Bill O'Brien. And you were such an O'Brien cheerleader. I said at the time OB would fail like the 8 Belichick assistants who went before him. Who knew my clairvoyance would've seen that Blake Bortles would've been a better option than Bill O'Brien.

I think I will favorite this post and every time you want to have a 7 year old Bortles discussion I can copy and paste this for you again. Carry ON.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame

In 2015 they wouldn't have had to go thru QB hell with Hoyer and Mallett carousel while Bortles had more TD passes.

In 2016 you wouldn't of had to go through that terrible horrible awful Osweiler fiasco from which the Texans have still not recovered, saved tons of money and draft picks too, while Blake Bortles was throwing for 35 TDs.

In 2017 Bortles may have been able to get the Texans to the AFC Championship game like he did the Jags. A place the Texans are not familiar since they have never been.

Not to mention that Bortles 103 TDs were much more productive than Clowney's 32 sacks.

They wouldn't have drafted a Sexual Pervert and become the laughing stock of the NFL. They wouldn't be in the pickle they are today.

If you and the Texans had listened to me 7 years ago, you know I could have saved you 6 years of heartache with Bill O'Brien. And you were such an O'Brien cheerleader. I said at the time OB would fail like the 8 Belichick assistants who went before him. Who knew my clairvoyance would've seen that Blake Bortles would've been a better option than Bill O'Brien.

I think I will favorite this post and every time you want to have a 7 year old Bortles discussion I can copy and paste this for you again. Carry ON.
Your spin has big flaws:

1. Bortles threw 4 touchdowns while in the lead, 6 touchdowns while tied, and 58 touchdowns while trailing. That means he was a garbage time QB. That was as of December 31st 2016.

2. You assume O’Brein would have been able to have the same success as the Jaguars would have done with Bortles. That is a huge leap of faith. OB doesn’t know QBs.

3. Bortles had a league high 75 interceptions during his starting career. Almost as much as his TDS he threw. Horrible. Name a QB who threw for more interceptions during that time.

4. In Bortles first three years he fumbled the ball 29 times. Almost as much as Clowney’s sacks. Horrible.

5. In 5 short years of playing Bortles is tied at 34 for the 13 pick sixes. Joey Harrington and Matt Schaub are at 14. He got so high in such a short amount of time the DEA raided his house.

6. Bortling. That’s what Bortles created. A word to describe bad throws, bad decisions, turnovers, and interceptions. Bortles is nothing but a poor decision maker, inaccurate, and folds under pressure.

7. The Texans mistake wasn’t in the draft. Their mistake is hiring OB. Had he never happened in Texas we would never had the QB carousels we had.

8. Your assumption that drafting Bortles would have kept us off the QB carousel isn’t correct. He would have been a draft bust for us. Nothing more.

9. And you can’t fault the Texans for hiring OB. He was highly touted and regarded as the top coach to hire that year. The mistake is not firing him when Rick Smith stepped down.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Your spin has big flaws:

1. Bortles threw 4 touchdowns while in the lead, 6 touchdowns while tied, and 58 touchdowns while trailing. That means he was a garbage time QB. That was as of December 31st 2016.

2. You assume O’Brein would have been able to have the same success as the Jaguars would have done with Bortles. That is a huge leap of faith. OB doesn’t know QBs.

3. Bortles had a league high 75 interceptions during his starting career. Almost as much as his TDS he threw. Horrible. Name a QB who threw for more interceptions during that time.

4. In Bortles first three years he fumbled the ball 29 times. Almost as much as Clowney’s sacks. Horrible.

5. In 5 short years of playing Bortles is tied at 34 for the 13 pick sixes. Joey Harrington and Matt Schaub are at 14. He got so high in such a short amount of time the DEA raided his house.

6. Bortling. That’s what Bortles created. A word to describe bad throws, bad decisions, turnovers, and interceptions. Bortles is nothing but a poor decision maker, inaccurate, and folds under pressure.

7. The Texans mistake wasn’t in the draft. Their mistake is hiring OB. Had he never happened in Texas we would never had the QB carousels we had.

8. Your assumption that drafting Bortles would have kept us off the QB carousel isn’t correct. He would have been a draft bust for us. Nothing more.

9. And you can’t fault the Texans for hiring OB. He was highly touted and regarded as the top coach to hire that year. The mistake is not firing him when Rick Smith stepped down.
As long as RS was GM, he wasn't going to draft a QB or sign one in FA until McNair forced the issue.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
They wont believe in the next guy either.

There are only 2 reasons the McNair's have ever had GM's, 1. Day to day operations. 2. To take the heat when the MCNair's fail. The GM doesn't really matter. I hope they keep Caserio because I think he did a good job of drafting the players Lovie told him to draft. Just the way the McNair's wanted it. Same with RS and Kubiak.

RS took over the role after he stabbed Kubiak in the back and then BOB/Easterbunny returned the favor to RS.
🤔 Being the G.M. is like being the King's hand here

Where is Bortles now? LOL

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
??? This makes 0 sense. No owner is hands off & lets the GM of their team run it with next to 0 oversight like u guys think they are. I would think that keeping some level of oversight on the guy who will be spending your money to bring people into your organization would be something you as an owner would want to be informed of and part of the process on. Thats just a no-brainer and bad business period as a business owner if you’re not doing that. So Just b/c Cal and Hannah and want to sit in on interviews and “ok” the hires NC wants to bring in doesn’t mean they don’t believe in him. Thats a rather utterly preposterous statement to me quite frankly.
The simple truth is that fans will ALWAYS fall back on blaming the owner of the team if a HC/GM makes a move they don’t like or 1 that doesn’t work out..or if they feel a guy NEEDS to be fired and he hasn’t been. It would therefore behoove owners to keep some level of a watchful eye on who they bring in and what they do from a big decisions standpoint….top picks in the draft….hirings/firings of the HC of their teams…..those are kind of a big deal.

Last edited: